Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

+17
Admiral Stoic Rum
IncoherentOrange
mcm-Fyrestorm
Rboy474
Aonee
Scootaloo
Apple Crumble
XT Vengeance
Ketchup
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Elipsilon
Formis_Fluttergod
Meleagridis
RoboRed
CamoBadger
Risal
21 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 3 Empty Re: Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

Post by mcm-Fyrestorm Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:39 am

I haven't slept for two days 0.o

(It doesn't really bug me, I like to stay awake when writing my novels...It.Helps.Me.Focus...

Twilight crazy
mcm-Fyrestorm
mcm-Fyrestorm
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name: Fyre
Sex: Male
Species: Alicorn

http://mcm-fyrestorm.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 3 Empty Re: Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

Post by Ketchup Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Forget it then. I thought it was a rather personal question.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elipsilon Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:54 pm

I decided to start a dream journal to record my dreams and help with dream recall.

Dreams are really weird.
Elipsilon
Elipsilon
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by mcm-Fyrestorm Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:00 pm

So true...
mcm-Fyrestorm
mcm-Fyrestorm
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name: Fyre
Sex: Male
Species: Alicorn

http://mcm-fyrestorm.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Since we're talking about crazy dreams.

Last night I dreamed that I was chillin out with Applejack, and then her cutiemark lit on fire and she changed into a different pony who was intent on murdering me, initiating a chase which lasted until a spiked hoof suddenly flew into my face and I woke up.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Crazy dreams!

I had a dream that I was out camping with some friends near an old lumber mill out in the woods. One of us was telling stories about a group of serial killers that had gone missing after being chased by cops into "these very woods," over a decade ago.

I believe I went out exploring, possibly with a friend - details at this point are somewhat unclear. In any case, I was attacked by a thing, a sort of twisted creature made of humans molded together as if our flesh was clay, with knives and claws and teeth. So I was eviscerated, completely taken apart in a matter of seconds (ow!), then wake up as a sort of node in a collective consciousness inside this creature.

We go on to kill and consume the rest of the original group, and then move into the basement of a house in a nearby community. A week or two passes as we slowly work our way through the town, building an underground network of flesh and creating a shrine to our nightmarish benefactor, who is surprised to see us succeeding after being dormant for so long, but pleased with our work.

One day, we are told by him that we cannot enter the sunlight for some length of time, for a new curse he has leveled upon the earth is falling in the form of tiny, invisible spores, which will unfortunately be deadly to us. In our arrogance, we ignore him, and attack a lone man after burrowing up from underneath his home and crawling up from his cellar. As we cut him apart and begin to consume, though, the light from a window strikes us, and he begins to reform, like a cancer given purpose. I distinctly recall an image of a human-shaped thing bursting through us, though it is covered entirely with skin save for a circular mouth cavity lined with irregular incisors.

At this point, my connection to the rest of us is severed, and I awaken.

Yeah! Crazy, fun dreams! I love when my head decides to do HP Lovecraft.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Just learned that there's like several whole new games built on the OpenSource Freespace Project.

I'm playing the Blue Planet campaign now. It is awesome.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:09 pm

...So, I've finished the 1st and 2nd parts of the Blue Planet campaign.
-It is ten different kinds of awesome
-It has an engaging story
-It has a ton of interesting new ships and weapons
-It has better missions than the original FS series
-It has characters! Actually, it is centered not only on the global events (even though there's a great many earth-shattering events going on) but also on the characters. Especially Part II: War in Heaven, which serves as a reminder that you don't necessarily need a whole company of voice actors to make an engaging character story in a game.

And now I have to wait for Part III, which will be about... I don't know, a year? :/
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Today I:

-found out I STILL haven't been accepted or denied by the college I applied to, because they are lazy and refuse to put my SAT scores into the system for another few days.

-Switched auto-insurance to the new company

-bathed my dog, who promptly got herself dirty by rolling in a puddle and then in a patch of grass

-set appointments to visit apartment complexes near the school I hope to attend

-Finally got to play Prototype 2 (It's fuckin' awesome)

-Still haven't gotten motivation to write any of the 3 stories I'm working on...

All in all a very wholesome day.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:31 pm

swicked wrote:Today I brought home a baby.
Woot :D
Awesome! He's really adorable, too - so small!

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:50 am

Today I planned my vacation for the end of the summer and accidentally scared my parents, I'm pretty sure they think I am insane at this point and I'm just waiting for them to start recommending therapy and handing me pamphlets (They've done something like that before, it's really only a matter of time).

So yeah, good day Spike
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:07 pm

...You scared them with vacation planning?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:31 pm

RoboRed wrote:...You scared them with vacation planning?
Lol, no. I scared them with a conversation about suicide and murder. Let's just say my views were far different from theirs, and the conversation ended with mom saying "I worry about you"
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:12 am

I worry about you too, TBH. Spike Hope you have a great vacation!

Anyways, in the world of Robo, The fuel pump on my car decided to say "fuck you". So did the master cylinder on the clutch. Two more things to hunt for and replace. Joy.

Also, I really really need to stop taking on so many fanfics at once. Someone slap me if I look at anything in the "Featured" banner on FiMFiction again.

Last edited by RoboRed on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:03 am

...So. Is the extended cut dlc any good?

(nospoilersplz)
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:05 pm

I'll describe it the same way a friend of mine did:

They polished a shit.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:17 pm

I don't know about the ME3 "DLC", but Skyrim:Dawnguard came out early on the Xbox, and is pretty fun. Somehow, no detectable glitches so far. Vampires and stuff.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:I'll describe it the same way a friend of mine did:

They polished a shit.

THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE THI-
-who am I kidding. I think, even though everyone wanted it to be good, everyone knew in advance that (to quote Chuck Sonneberg) a 4-tier wedding cake made out of $hit will be still made out of $hit.

I think I'll still make the 2nd playthrough, to pass the time before the release of MechWarrior Online after I'll get tired of playing Dwarf Fortress endlessly.

Shameless self-promotion: By the way, check out the update. It has teh fluffyz.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Valikdu wrote:

They polished a shit.

-who am I kidding. I think, even though everyone wanted it to be good, everyone knew in advance that (to quote Chuck Sonneberg) a 4-tier wedding cake made out of $hit will be still made out of $hit.

I think I'll still make the 2nd playthrough, to pass the time before the release of MechWarrior Online after I'll get tired of playing Dwarf Fortress endlessly.

When does MW:O come out? I've been meaning to check it, but I always forget
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:
Valikdu wrote:

They polished a shit.

When does MW:O come out? I've been meaning to check it, but I always forget

Sometime around August 7th. Couldn't find the exact release date (somehow), but the early access starts at 7th.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:44 am

Is there any particular problems with Finn? I hope he is fine.
BTW, he's pretty adorable, and I don't usually like babies.

Just finished the Dawnguard storyline for the Skyrim DLC, and it actually managed to produce a viable boss that didn't die by alternating shield bash and slash. The Lord Vampire was pretty tough, but his damage was lacking, so my HP regen equipment compensated. Plenty of side questing to do now.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:31 pm

That is most unfortunate, I hope everyone stops being complicated and sick. And a for a happy Swicked.
If only that were possible in an instant.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:01 pm

I can only pray this darkness is just poetic license. Is it truly so terrible? Any chance these complications are standard to new parenthood?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:35 pm

swicked wrote:
Kinda sorta. Extended hospital visits when it was not a c-section, then the threat of more for both mother AND child, not so much. He's lost so much of his birth weight, too.
I just fed him, though, and that's always nice.
Nothing is really life-threatening, but so many doctor visits x_X

Edit: plus I just can't seem to write anything. Nothing is coming from brainstorming, just nonsense. Writing is one of my best stress-relievers so it's probably making things seem worse than they are...
Damn, that sounds intense. Hope things start normalizing soon (or get however normal life with a baby can be), and glad that there's nothing life threatening!

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:29 pm

My day was another day where I didn't want to be around people, so I avoided everyone again.
However, I did get a good amount of writing done, and finally managed to get rid of my Mass Effect 2 lithographs.

So a pretty damn good day in my book!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:28 am

They deal with a therapist. You deal... however you can.

Unless they're just stressed, but sometimes it's something more. If it's stress asking could clear the air, if it's problems asking will put you straight to the deep end.

Take advice given after 11 with a few grains of salt.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:43 am

swicked wrote:How do you deal with someone who cries at the drop of a hat? Someone who's also a fully grown adult?
My spouse's mother has been doing this. I will make an entirely innocent comment, like seeing a half-empty glass of soda on a table (not knowing who's it is) and ask if I could put it in the dishwasher. She will then jump up and start crying (big fat tears and all) about how stressed she is and she just finished feeding me (two hours ago) and she has a headache but everything was still so nice so why was I criticizing her, calling her lazy when she'd been doing all this work and blah blah blah.

I love her but she pisses me off so bad when she gets like this x_X

Note that if I do the same thing with clothes or trying to finish laundry, without even commenting on it, she's occasionally done the same thing. It's insanity.
I'd say Mel's got the right idea on this one. I'd also note that for some people it's a point of pride to be able to make sure that everything is perfect for a guest, and then they feel as though they've failed if the guest takes it upon themselves to tidy up or something. Or worse, they think they're being judged. It's a bit ridiculous when you think about it, but my mom gets this way a little (nothing so intense as what you're describing, but she does get a bit irked when my grandmother comes over and promptly starts doing loads of laundry).

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:08 am

I tried ME3 multiplayer to get the readiness rating.
Actually...
It's kinda entertaining.
I think I'll play this instead of Counter-Strike when I'm bored.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:35 am

So, I took care of the car today. Changed out the broken fuel pump for a used one I got from the local U-Pull-It. Runs fine now. Also tried bleeding out the clutch system to see if that'll fix my problem (really do not want to replace the master cylinder).

In pony-related news, I was exposed to this today:

After seeing this, and Some Of The Finished Frames, I can say that I want this to be finished. NOW.

If Luna sang to me at night like that, I would follow her to the ends of existence. Sleepy

Also, I didn't have much time to read the latest chapter of MN7 and FINALLY be caught up like I had hoped. But I WILL get it finished tomorrow.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:42 am

Today was pretty great. The Pathfinder session went off swimmingly; everyone had a great time, they managed to perform stellarly on a boss fight against a wight by talking to it (dialogue fights FTW) and all the exposition I wanted to expose got exposed naturally. Also, the rogue and the monk are now at each other's throats after the rogue got caught stealing (and then hurriedly trying to un-steal) a key to the next room from the monk's pack. Oh, and we got the bard to sing Rainbow in the Dark for his "Inspire Courage" song. Also he rode in a dwarf's backpack and conducted several conversations from inside said, poking his head out. He's a gnome.

Also, despite my best efforts, the sorcerer I'm playing as (party requested I build a character, too, I suspect in an effort to get me to talk to myself) is becoming overpowered. Today, he exploded a skeleton with his light-stick in a single blow. I thought making a melee sorcerer wouldn't work. I was wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next