Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How MLP: FiM changed your life

+9
Octavia
Elipsilon
Rainbow Dashz
aruigus808
Permafrost
Ferrous_Oxide
Apple Crumble
CamoBadger
Fluttershy
13 posters

Go down

How MLP: FiM changed your life Empty How MLP: FiM changed your life

Post by Fluttershy Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:38 am

This video is so inspiring for me. It touched my heart and made me cherish life even more so than I did before.

Tell us how MLP: FiM has changed your life for the better and send these words out to people who may need the same comfort. Everypony in the forum has been so kind and caring. I consider you all my friends.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 12

Character List:
Name: Fluttershy
Sex: Female
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

How MLP: FiM changed your life Empty Re: How MLP: FiM changed your life

Post by CamoBadger Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:00 am

This show has changed my life in a lot of great ways (at least I think so). Some of them are minor things that make my life funnier, while others have made larger impacts.

Most notably, I've found that I'm overall a much happier person now, and haven't really experienced any long periods of sadness. I used to stay sad for a few days on end, often for small reasons that I couldn't explain; but after letting pony into my life, I very rarely feel sad at all. At home I was always happy around family, which they loved in comparison to my usual straight-faced attitude (though they don't know why Spike ) and here I am one of the happier guys despite being away from home for so long.

I've also found that it has made me more creative than before. I would've never actually WANTED to write a story before, and something about this show just made me want to do it. The same with drawing, I've never really been interested in it, but the show's art style is so appealing to me that I'm actually practicing drawing because of it.

But the greatest change, is how open I have become to new friends. Before I was happy with my little group of what I would call friends, but after I left they never even talked to me, or checked to see if I was okay. But in this community, bronies ask me how I'm doing daily, and are all so helpful to each other. As Fluttershy said, I consider all of you my friends, and I'm glad I get to talk with all of you Lyra

CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:27 am

I demand hugz from you Lyra! No friendship is complete without a hug!
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 am

HUGZ!!!
How MLP: FiM changed your life Scaled.php?server=269&filename=hugsy
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:20 am

Lyra wrote:HUGZ!!!
How MLP: FiM changed your life Scaled.php?server=269&filename=hugsy

That's so sweet!
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Crumble Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:01 am

I think this show has affected me rather greatly. Before, I always fell in a state of depression because of such little things (studies,grades,life). After, I watched MLP it changed me for the better. I became tolerant of others and I found something to do with my time mainly drawing and writing. Since then I became more happier. The spiraling depression ended and made my life more fun.

And what Lyra Fluttershy said. Friends. I cannot thank the forum,community,and show enough for having an impact in my life. I guess friendship IS magic.
Apple Crumble
Apple Crumble
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Apple Crumble
Sex: Male
Species: Earth pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:34 am

The show...no matter what mood I'm in, I can watch this show and automatically become happy and carefree for the length of it. Once I found it, life, in my perspective, has become better. I no longer have an undertone of sadness as I go about my day, and my recovery time to go from sad to happy has become considerably shorter.

The show has become an integral part of my life and so has the fandom. Everyone in the fandom that I have spoken to has been kind, and genuinely cared about how I was feeling, even though we had never met before.

And although I may never meet any of you in real life, I consider you my friends. Friendship is usually with people you know outside of the internet, but this show has created a common point for so many of us. I'm glad I found the show, and I'm glad I've met all of you.

So all I can say now, is thank you.
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 13

Character List:
Name: Ferrous
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

http://ferrousoxidemolecule.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafrost Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:04 am

I feel the show gave my life some actual meaning.I was not productive with my life at all before.I did nice things for people but it was rarely if ever anything that would make a difference.But since watching this show,I have felt more inspired.

I have never liked writing and rarely drew anything before I started watching.Now,I am writing whole notebooks of information and filling up a folder with drawings.And it gives me a feeling of duty by spreading the word of it.Do people tend to ignore me?Yes,but that always happened.I have not given up and I probably won't until the show stops airing new episodes...and even then,I may continue.

I guess the show gave me a purpose,but it also lead me here.I could never get along with people on most sites,but that seems to be the opposite here.And in real life,I am basically an outcast.So I am happy that I found people I can consider friends.
Permafrost
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by aruigus808 Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:09 am

I'm starting to see a patern with everyponies story. It's helped them with some sort of sadness or just getting through the day. Which is awesome Sweetie Belle

How has it affected me? Well, I can say for sure that when I'm sad or depressed, I sing the song "smile smile smile" in my head. It always makes me put a smile on my face Lyra But I also try to make sure that ponies doesn't just become a fall back and the only thing that makes me fell better. Even though the internet is nice and awesome, we need to remember that face to face interactions are what matters. I can say for myself that I'm very introverted so I do prefer not talking to people much but ponies are helping me with that. It's made me more open about myself and, I guess, confident.

MLP has also helped me start drawing and taking classes to help me out. I made forum signatures before(I still do) but I now draw and make wallpapers. I've already said that before so moving on.

I'd like to say thanks for not just you guys, but for every brony that talks with me and everypony else. I would love to have this community of ponies be known as one of the most friendly ponies to be on the internet(which is hard to do)....it's 4:10am now so my thoughts are like Twilight crazy can't....think....straight....
from,
aruigus808
aruigus808
aruigus808
Mascot

Character List:
Name:
Sex: Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Dashz Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:08 am

I don't really have a hard time talking to people or are shy, but I can say whenever I'm mad and watch MLP I get instantly happy. I've never been exactly a good drawer, but now MLP has inspired me to keep practicing. It has also gotten me interested in writing. I love to come on these forums. I can't talk about ponies with anyone except my to older brothers, who are into ponies. So I love to come on here and not worry about anyone laughing at me liking ponies or anything. So I'm really liking having you guys for friends.(Even though I have no idea who you are) Pinkie Pie

PS: I've been on the sister site for a lot longer than this site so that's how I can say all about friends on here and stuff.
Rainbow Dashz
Rainbow Dashz
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Elipsilon Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:48 pm

The show and it's fanart has given me the inspiration I needed to get back into drawing. Before ponies, I was a huge fan of webcomics. I wanted to start my own webcomic one day, but I never took the time to actually practice drawing. After seeing the amazing works of art that this fandom has produced, I became inspired again.

On top of that, I met some pretty cool people through this community ^^

Also yeah, this show taught me to love and tolerate and all that other cool stuff too :p
Elipsilon
Elipsilon
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:38 pm

It has completely changed my life - Before I was that nerd who could do anything, even physical stuff due to abnormal size and natural strength - I just chose not too. I remember being in a complete state of depression and putting up a front for the rest of the world. It was successful to the point that no one noticed, not even my closest of friends, and that only made it worse. This mask that I held up in public shielded and held all my emotions inside me every moment I was outside of my room, and it was all gushed out onto thousands of pages on my desk and hidden away where no one would see them. It's how I learned to write music, stories and even draw art to a decency that exceeds even my most artistic relations. Unfortuately, even my treasured art was depressing, reflecting my mind. It had seemed like everything I did dragged me down farther and farther until there was no lower to go. Luckily, there is nothing more that I fear than death, and suicide will never be an option - If that was true, I could almost assure you I wouldn't be typing this.

For several reasons, MLP has helped me drag myself out of that pit and claim a spot back in society. I have since re-established myself as one of the top of my class (unfortunately grades I received from earlier years keep me from being top 3 or even THE top) and got back to more light hearted and beautiful pieces (Will release to editing from some grammar nazis and to the public as soon as they pass my own perfect standards XD) and I learned to honestly laugh again after two or three years without a single happy memory.

Basically - MLP has turned my life around completely, and it was just a simple shift of thoughts in the end. I've learned so much and went from a depressed child to a somewhat happy teen. Hopefully I'll be able to say that I really am happy in the future, but I will say for now that I am at least content.
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:
Name: Arvena
Species: Nord

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:56 pm

In the last few years I've been through a lot. I've had my first heartbreak and I've learned many cruel things about life. I had no real friends. My free time was spent either trying to move toward a lost cause or idly thinking to myself, and becoming more depressed as a result. School is a pain and there's no real friends. Home is where I'm scolded for my grades and used for my brothers entertainment and spend most of my time cleaning or babysitting. My only solace has been a summer camp that I only go to one or two weeks of the 56 in a year. Somewhere in the middle of all that, I started scratching my wrists until they bled, and almost no one, and certainly none of my family members knew. Ive been watching the world burn its own people to further selfish causes and that has only added to the grief. One day, while idly watching the tv while my parents either cleaned or made dinner for the eleven of us, I'm not sure witch, MLP:FiM happened to be on and I realized that the animation was smooth and the dialogue and scripting was witty, not to mention Twilights adorkableness! I only watched half the episode, but was inspired to name a class in CoD after our favorite rainbow colored pegasus, Rainbow Dash. This was also inspired by an article about the show I happened to read in an issue of GameInformer magazine. I figured my cousin, who is the only member of my family that I can relate to and was a fan of the show to some degree, would appreciate it. She did. Furthermore, she advised that I also watch the show. I took her advice, as she is my closest family member, and watched it. Needless to say I loved it. Something about the quirky, silly nature about those candy colored ponies, while still having a good script and plot sequence, just made me happier than I could otherwise have thought possible! Since then, I was assimilated into the Herd and I haven't been quite nearly as depressed as I once was since. It's been a number of months since then and my web travels have led me from BronyNet to here, and because of you all and this community, I cried for the first time in a long time. I just don't know what else to say. I love you guys, and look up to most of you, being on the younger side of the spectrum, and I can't possibly express my gratitude for the happiness you all have shared with me. Sure there are cloppers and shippers, but I was lucky enough to encounter everybody. Scratch that. Everypony here and I can honestly say that I'm proud to be a "brony" because of you all. Thank you, all of you. One day, I will make it my goal to personally thank all of you in person.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SierraLongheart Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:00 am

I was... a bit screwed up. I had hit rock bottom twice already in my life and i could barely withstand myself. Every time i woke up i would look in the mirror and instantly feel angry, hating the person i saw in the mirror. I lived in this dark place for majority of my life, and i was having a very hard time leaving it.

The thing that made took it to it's worst was that i gave my daughter up for adoption because i couldn't take care of her and her mother was on her way to jail for Assault and Battery, along with excessive drug use and "Child Negligence". Around that time i felt like my life was over, and so did one of my best friends; On top of dealing with losing my child, i tried my best to keep her up in spirit, doing my best to make her happy- and only two years after i lost the only good thing i had put in this life, she decided to end her life for good. 4 minutes from the hospital, she died in the passenger seat of my car, her last words being that she was glad there was still a hero in the world...

So, i thought the whole world was just falling apart on me, and i was barely able to handle it- i hardly left my home, i didn't want to go out and meet people, and i never felt like eating.

Then, one day, one of my friends posted a picture on FB about My Little Pony, talking about 'love and tolerate'. I thought, "What the hell, lets see what this is about." So i first went to look up the phrase, which lead me to the pictures, which went to Wiki's, and then to Meme's- after a week, i found myself watching a show about 6 ponies discovering the magic of friendship. At first, i didn't like it, i thought it was crap- but then i started seeing the messages behind each episode. Each one i liked, tugging at heart stings i haven't felt in a long time- favorite and most touching episodes being "The Cutie Pox" and "The last roundup".

The Cutie Pox because I myself have been looking for what my purpose in life is, and I've found myself in sticky situations because of it- Just like Apple Bloom did- Which may i add is my favorite character because she's a great example of my inner child....

The Last Roundup because along with trying to find my purpose in life, I've been trying to be successful at it too, making sure that i don't fail everyone around me. Whenever i do, i have a hard time facing it, and i feel more regret for letting them down than messing up myself- just like AppleJack.

All in all, MLP FIM didn't just cheer me up, it saved me from myself; Now i walk around with a big smile on my face, talking about things being "20% cooler in ten seconds flat". Then, only 3 weeks after starting watching the show, i found myself hanging with people again, talking and being happy for once in my life. I had changed and became someone better, someone who walks with more pride and a better outlook on things. Not only that, but i GAINED friends from this new interest, including people at my base.

MLP FIM didn't "change my life"... It SAVED my life! I moved on from an almost inescapable darkness and giggled at the ghosties! Now, i'm an Airman in training, soon to work on Aircraft- and i'm damn proud to be a Brony.
SierraLongheart
SierraLongheart
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:47 am

To be completely honest, I was very depressed before i was introduced to MLP:FiM. They few times that i wouldn't be were only when around my closest friends. Other than that, I had great difficulty just dealing with everyday shit.

Now, that's not to say that ponies turned my life around, they weren't the deciding factor, that was something a bit more personal. But MLP has definitely helped me along the way. I was already part of an online community, but i was beginning to drift away from them, that is, until one of them told me about the crazy shenanigans of the Mane 6. He also had told me that quite a few of the members of the community were bronies as well. This piqued my interest and I asked him to recommend an episode. After watching "Lesson Zero" I wanted to watch another, and then another. After watching about 5 or so episodes, it dawned on me that I was/am a Brony. And goddammit I am proud of that fact.

I jumped headfirst into the Brony threads on my Home forum, and found myself surrounded by familiar faces. Being welcomed into such a tolerant and happy group lightened my attitude. I even found my creativity rekindled. I actually had the urge to draw again, after years of dormancy. Now I draw regularly, and I even have started writing again.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance
High Inquisitor of Jackassery

Brohoof! : 40

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:29 am

And here I am to kinda sorta break the chain. I can't say my life has change since I started watching the show. I can't say I was depressed and watching it helped me get over it, I can't say I was in a low point and the show brought me up from it. All I can say is that MLP: FIM has reinforced my ideals and beliefs. To love and tolerate, the importance of friendship, all of those things I already knew and believed in and the show strengthened them.

But yeah, I'm as happy as I've always been, and if I'm ever not happy people know somethings wrong. I'm as creative as I've always been, which means I get a burst of inspiration every now and then and work on things.
The only thing I can say has changed is that I got back into online communities outside of gaming after I had slowly drifted away from them. And I guess if you really want to get right down to it, MLP: FIM has given me a great show to watch and to share with others.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content