Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

+17
Admiral Stoic Rum
IncoherentOrange
mcm-Fyrestorm
Rboy474
Aonee
Scootaloo
Apple Crumble
XT Vengeance
Ketchup
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Elipsilon
Formis_Fluttergod
Meleagridis
RoboRed
CamoBadger
Risal
21 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 6 Empty Re: Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

Post by RoboRed Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:54 am

Only if you sing the French national anthem loudly and off-key while doing so. Spike
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 6 Empty Re: Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

Post by Valikdu Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:34 pm

RoboRed wrote:Only if you sing the French national anthem loudly and off-key while doing so. Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 6 779695502

I only know the one that's here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A_HZAsa2Sw (somewhere in the middle)

[upd]
I love the D2. And also hate a bit. It's slow as sin, its guns aren't very powerful (although the last one is satisfactory and penetrates 65mm) but it's tough. I just got the stonewall achievement in it. Was my best match yet and included a head-on duel with a SU-76.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Valikdu, I'd avoid playing the US tank lines past tier 6. The suck terribly past there. Weaker guns, paper armor and "strong" turrets. They are maneuverable but not particularly fast. I made the mistake of making it all the way to T9 medium and T8 heavy.

Regarding my day...
I went on an ATV trip with my father. The goal was to see the new dam being built to expand a reservoir. On the way, I got stuck, my father pulled me out, he got stuck doing it, and I pulled him out. We went towards our goal, uneventfully. That is, until I crashed into a ditch and went flying 3 feet from the front of my vehicle. I was behind my father, who had put up a dust cloud with his ATV. When I emerged, he was signalling for me to stop. I saw nothing on the trail ahead and figured I had enough time for my rather terrible brakes to stop near enough to him. I saw the ditch running through the road too late, and flew into it, flinging me. I suffered no injuries and I managed to do a complete flip and land on my back. We proceeded to a railway bridge, recently rebuilt despite the line being torn up a long time ago. After eating lunch, my father dropped his helmet in the creek far below. We went down and I had to wade in and get it. On the way up and down we were assailed by thorn bushes. A lot of them. We continued towards home, running over a dead pigeon, and later stopped at a shack on the trail for people to rest in and get warm in the winter, mostly to check it out since my father said it had been improved significantly since the last time he was there. We continued again and I managed to flip my ATV on its side not too long afterwards. My pace was much slower because of the dust cloud and my deteriorating concentration due to a headache I first noticed at the bridge. We got it upright and we got to some paved roads which led home.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Yesterday, I listened to chapters 12-15 of Fo:E. They kept me interested. It's also a good thing to do while playing Civilization V. (Damn you Civilization, why can't you have a FAIR difficulty setting? The normal mode has excessive happiness and gold boosts for them, and the one below it is too easy. The one above it is quite tough; I've only beaten it once or twice.) I played some Crysis, which runs at max settings and still loads in seconds. (Hell yeah. Oh wait, it's four years old.Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 6 521210696 Crytek, why is your engine so badass? It looks better than most new ones, even Frostbite, I'd say! CryEngine 3's optimizations for Crysis 3 take it up to eleven.)

Today I finished Crysis 2 again. It's a good game.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Over the past week I must have completely lost my mind (or I'm just very bored), because I started playing Modern Warfare 3 on xbox live...I quickly remembered why I hate that game more than the end of Mass Effect 3...

Oh, and I had my first weekend class this weekend, which I actually enjoy, it's a good class. Plus it provided me with ideas for my story, so it's a win-win.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Fuck bibliographies.

That is all.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:22 am

Today I was reminded that MechWarrior Online is in Beta, and is to be released before 2012 is over. Also, that it is made with CryENGINE3...*drools everywhere*
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:22 pm

This...sounds interesting...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:01 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Today I was reminded that MechWarrior Online is in Beta, and is to be released before 2012 is over. Also, that it is made with CryENGINE3...*drools everywhere*
I'm breaking my agreement by saying this, but the graphics aren't demanding for the Beta at all, I run it at full.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:10 pm

I just killed a SU-85 by ramming it. With my B-1. As in, that really slow t-IV heavy that's helpless against anything t-V.
Or not so helpless, as it turned out. BANZAI!!!
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Reminds me of the time that a Jg.Pz. IV rammed into my StuG III and died.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:45 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Over the past week I must have completely lost my mind (or I'm just very bored), because I started playing Modern Warfare 3 on xbox live...I quickly remembered why I hate that game more than the end of Mass Effect 3...

Oh, and I had my first weekend class this weekend, which I actually enjoy, it's a good class. Plus it provided me with ideas for my story, so it's a win-win.

If it's multiplayer you don't like, I can't help you there. Just play something else, like TF2. But if you hate the story, just follow what Extra Credits says, which is to treat it like a parody of modern shooters.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:04 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
If it's multiplayer you don't like, I can't help you there. Just play something else, like TF2. But if you hate the story, just follow what Extra Credits says, which is to treat it like a parody of modern shooters.
Wait wait wait, it isn't a parody?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:58 pm

But if you hate the story, just follow what Extra Credits says, which is to treat it like a parody of modern shooters.

Nice.
"Oh crap, our story turned out to be a pile of garbage! What do we do?!...
Oh, I know! We'll call it a parody, so that people will think we've always intended it to be a parody and that we're really smart and good at storytelling!"
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Reminds me of many terrible fanfic writers: "Oh, I made my story bad on purpose so people would hate on it. Lololololol, idiots."

This actually does happen.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:35 pm

...so why everything bigger and eight
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:06 pm

I forgot where that's from. But it was funny.

Today I stayed home from school on the account of a cold. I slept. A lot.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold_Genhi Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:21 pm

I spent a whole day in class with the most annoying class at the very end of the day. I'm a physics major and I am very good at what I do. I am in College on my Junior year of it with such proficiency that I skipped Physics 3 and went straight into Solid State Physics, which will make you want to claw your eyes out and dig your brain out with a spoon. But the last class of my day is my Biology lab. It is 2 hours long. My physics class is 1 hour long. Now, in my physics class we are learning relativity and Shroedinger's Wave equation which basically states that electrons give off waves that don't actually exist... complicated stuff. In a class that took 2 hours... we learned how to calculate averages from numbers... took us 2 hours to go over averages, medians, variance, standard deviance, and IQR which frankly is middle school stuff. ...I've gone through two of these classes so far... so I've had 4 hours of basic algebra. It's like being in college and taking 2 hours to learn your ABC's. I want to claw out my eyes and dig my brain out with a spoon... Scootaloo
Harold_Genhi
Harold_Genhi
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:27 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:I forgot where that's from. But it was funny.

Why, it was from the only fanfiction ever to recieve the [GODLIKE] tag!

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 6 2937254162
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:47 pm

I hurt inside
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Where's the facehoof emoticon? I'll just take FiMFic's.

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 6 Facehoof
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Yeah, we really do need one. I just use the pic I generated of Midnite facehooving whenever I have need of a facehoof emote.

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 6 Bastionfacehooftrans

...I should probably make it a bit smaller, though...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:00 pm

That story pisses me off for the following reason:

Poorly written trollfic? EQD instantly accepts it.

Apparently well written, actual story that the writer worked hard on? It's not perfect enough, go edit every single chapter to perfection and then we'll look at it again and tell you another list of things your editing made wrong, and then we might put it up with the warning of 'I don't think it will be very popular, but it's good enough for us so we'll put it up'.

Only one of many reasons for my hatred of EQD and their staff.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Yeah. After they didn't accept "My Roommate Is A Vampire", my opinion of them kinda took a dip.

But that thing with the spiderses is still funny, though. And it's easy to find light reading materials by skimming the 6star category.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:42 pm

CamoBadger wrote:That story pisses me off for the following reason:

Poorly written trollfic? EQD instantly accepts it.

Apparently well written, actual story that the writer worked hard on? It's not perfect enough, go edit every single chapter to perfection and then we'll look at it again and tell you another list of things your editing made wrong, and then we might put it up with the warning of 'I don't think it will be very popular, but it's good enough for us so we'll put it up'.

I have no actual grievances with the system, myself, since I've never submitted to them for obvious quality reasons, but as an author, man, screw them and their subjective elitist group of whackos they recruit from fanfic boards. The system is so flawed from my standpoint that I just don't think they could fix it now. Oh, and by the way, guess who wrote Spiderses? Argembarger, one of their pre-readers. Does that make them a group of elitist circlejerkers? Think it does.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:19 pm

My day:
-Strep throat
-Chem exam
-Get a large amount of writing done which I'd like to get pre-read
-WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO GOOGLE DOCS?!?!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:58 pm

strep and public don't mix
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:01 am

No, they don't, but that test was 20% of my grade for the class, and my school's policy says no retakes on tests for any reason. So, they can blame themselves when students start coming down with strep.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:11 am

the CDC will have to have smething to say about that when the school is shut down... even for a day
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:15 am

And I'll be famous as 'that guy who infected half the school with strep'.

I'm going to order my medallion tomorrow.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next