Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

+17
Admiral Stoic Rum
IncoherentOrange
mcm-Fyrestorm
Rboy474
Aonee
Scootaloo
Apple Crumble
XT Vengeance
Ketchup
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Elipsilon
Formis_Fluttergod
Meleagridis
RoboRed
CamoBadger
Risal
21 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 7 Empty Re: Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:18 am

nah you'll be famous for getting everyone outta class... really you could call it in yourself, just call your local CDC and say "I'd Like to report an outbreak of Strep Throat at ** School/University"
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 7 Empty Re: Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

Post by Valikdu Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:52 pm

The founders of Bioware have retired from the industry.

...Well, let's make bets on the time before the company itself joins Origin, Westwood, Bullfrog and the others.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:46 pm

You mean sold for quick buck to EA?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Had a rather uneventful day at school, with after lunch periods being occupied by movie-watching. I did find out I lost 10% on a test because I drew a molecular bond of MgS when I was supposed to draw MgCl2.
Had a rather infuriating match of Battlefield 3, which I still managed to do well in despite my frustration with that sneaky bugger who was destroying our tanks with C4 more effectively than I'd ever seen before. For a primarily tank-driving player like myself, this gets tedious.
Currently downloading Borderlands 2 at 5 MB/second.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:56 am

Two words: Black Mesa.
The eight years thing is completely justified. Because the end product is AWESOME.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:05 pm

Found another deliciously grimdark askblog http://askresearchertwilight.tumblr.com/
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Day started off kinda meh 'cos I woke up at 5 (3 hours before I needed to awaken) and tried to go back to sleep, but my brain was like, "If you don't go and get up and do things I'ma torment you with every insecurity and failing you've got," and I was like, "Psh, naw, I can go back to sleep and it'll be fine." And it was not fine. For 3 hours. This I why I try to avoid going to sleep before 2 AM, people. Blech. Physically painful experience.

On the bright side, in Rock Band I got to sing Veils (avant garde black metal) in full-on shrieky mode, and then did some falsetto Guns 'n Roses. So my voice is full of pain, but it was awesome nonetheless! Also drummed 2112, but that's normal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Today I got up at 1:00 AM and didn't get tired till around 5:00 PM, bit of a feat for me. Hung out with Mister Frost while making constant jokes about what objects I could stuff into a gun barrel and fire back out. Among these items were a cork screw, a railroad spike, a hedgehog, a groundhog, a chipmunk, and bird shot from a 1 Gauge shotgun (it exists because I say so!). Everypony fucking died, the end, I'm ti-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Sleepy

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Okay I got sucked into an interesting HiE fix. It ships and all it was an all nighter. I had work at 11 and finished the story at about 730 slept about 2 and a half hours and got ready for work. It was a big wine dinner. Pretty high class. 5 courses. It was fun
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Had a pretty normal day at school, other than the foot traffic being diverted away from the school's theater for an autism conference. Got 27/27 on a test and read an interesting short story about a man who hunts other men for sport. Watched someone play chess against someone who is very smart and get beaten to a king.

We have 4 days for the weekend, almost Thanksgiving here.

I finally learned how to tie my shoes today. Like how I only learned how to ride a bicycle when I was 10, just something I never learned.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:49 am

I wanted to buy battlefield 3.
So I bought somethings called "BF3: Complete Pack" or something.
Turned out that it's not actually the game, but all the unlockables for the game.
I DIDN'T WANT TO BUY ANY UNLOCKABLES FOR MONEY FFFFUUUUU
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:30 am

Valikdu wrote:I wanted to buy battlefield 3.
So I bought somethings called "BF3: Complete Pack" or something.
Turned out that it's not actually the game, but all the unlockables for the game.
I DIDN'T WANT TO BUY ANY UNLOCKABLES FOR MONEY FFFFUUUUU
Well, that's rather unfortunate.
A lot of players actually do use the shortcuts and they get advantages over everyone else because they don't have to reach a huge amount of Exp in something to get a great addon, like fast lock-on for jets, laser painters and guided rockets for helicopters, or guided missiles for the LAV(which I still don't have despite frequent use).
For infantry, they get weapons nobody else gets. Including a machine gun many feel is overpowered.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:04 pm

I've found a really good fanfiction piece and read it to the last update point.
...turns out, it was 20 weeks ago and the author hasn't been seen since.

I... just... FFUUUUUU again.

(the story: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/6735/Equestria%27s-Twilight )
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah, I've read that one. I wish he'd come back...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Public service announcement of sorts, for the people who somehow missed this fact.

Obsidian Ent. is going to make an RPG without being hindered by a big publisher. This is their kickstarter. Their basic goal has already been met long ago, but as they gather more pledges there's new additional goals. Just a week left.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:36 pm

X-Com has been FRAKKING FINALLY released on Steam.

...and now I have to go to work instead of playing it.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:39 am

I'm gonna play X-Com now.
...so here's Rainbow Dash in a schoolfilly uniform.

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 7 31094
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:50 am

...I am okay with this...

...She doesn't have anything on schoolfilly Blackjack, though.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:38 pm

...wait...wut?

ANYWAYS.
My day is okay, bored out of my wits and have been reading a webcomic for the past 5 hours...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:14 pm

I had a good day today. Yesterday I posted my new story--that one with the spaceship and the humans--but went to a birthday party and didn't get to see the results until this afternoon, which pleasantly surprised me. At current, it rates 37:1, with 60 favorites. This is the best reception anything I've ever written has received, so I'm pretty happy.

Then, I found out that Pokémon Black and White 2 were out in North America, and biked down to the store to get it, fairly excited (even though I was fairly sure it would be the same game. Again). It was out of stock, but again, a pleasant surprise. Instead I bought a big bag of beef jerky.

Less exciting, I've learned how to play the Vasari in Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity (so lonely, so, so lonely), which I had been reluctant to try.

Edit: The story keeps gaining favorites and requests for moar. (I've had six.) Current rating: 44:1 with 74 favorites. Makes me feel like I've done something right. The story is 13th in popularity (and going up, somehow) right now, thirty hours after release. Feels nice, but undeserved. It's just an HiE by a fourteen-year-old, geez. If anyone asks, it's Stringtheory's fault; he pre-read for me.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Chryssalids, man.
They may have been weakened (no insta-drone, new one doesn't emerge if you kill a drone) but now there's MORE of them and they're on EVERY terror / large UFO.

I hate freaking chryssalids.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Ok, so it will be the last day of Obsidian's Project Eternity kickstarter...
They've made it to 3.2M. The end goal is 3.5M. If they reach it, the game will have the second huge hub-city (think Athkatla in BGII).
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 am

So, yeah. They've reached the end goal.
Now we wait for... however long it takes them to make the best RPG ever.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:19 pm

HUZZAH!!!
Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 7 Tumblr_m6vmigupuL1r3xauuo1_500
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Today I have a chemistry exam. I hate that class more than anything in the world. I wouldn't mind it so much if they just taught the stuff, but no, instead they choose to tell us that "If you fail this test, you might want to reconsider being in the medical field."
Yeah, because drawing molecules and writing chemical equations are TOTALLY something you do every day in the medical field, and if I can't do that I should give up and do something I hate instead.

Other than that, DooM3 BFG edition came out today...FUCK YEEEEEEEES!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:27 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Other than that, DooM3 BFG edition came out today...FUCK YEEEEEEEES!

Steam: This game is not available in your region. This hurts you.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 pm

I was doing my reading today when out of nowhere the phone rings. It was an old friend that I haven't talked to in 3 years due to losing his number. Bastard broke his back a couple months ago jumping off of a roof to a trampoline. Missed his spinal cord by a quarter-inch.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:16 pm

I spent a significant amount of time writing and mucking around the web today, getting over 1500 words to... document, I suppose, making my newest chapter the longest I have ever published, at 4X00+ words (measly, huh?). Most of it was spent fiddling with various paths I'd devised for the story, which is fun.

Otherwise, I did nothing of note, which always kinda bugs me on Saturdays.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:56 am

my hoof stitched costume lost out to a Sailor Moon and Tuxedo mask couple

not fair at all
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:12 pm

I've spent the greater part of today so far doing pretty much nothing. Muddling around the web, vidya games, whatever. I was going to try to write, but I've hit a little snag. Oh well.

And then I came across a post on EqD (Nothing Newsworthy Daily, more like) that is asking for new pre-readers. An intriguing prospect, considering how biased stringent they've been known to be. I wonder what will come of it.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next