Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
CD
Retl
kingkodus
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Harmony Ltd.
Dekshuduph
Train Dodger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Luminous Lead
pokeperson1000
Technowolf
Valikdu
Thoroar
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Downloaded Skill
FeatherDust
neoaustin
Loud_Taffy
OneMoreDaySK
MSCA
Evilgidgit
WavemasterRyx
ARoundCorner
Exodus Hero
Silver136
Dutcher
RoboRed
Somber
Borsuq
Derpmind
Shady
Vergil
Rayndalf
Vinylshadow
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Scienza
44 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:50 pm

Personally, I prefer not to refer to Cadance that way. If she's a unicorn cool.

But given that the IMP alicorns exist I don't really see the point in seperating Cadance specifically given that the definiton of Alicorn in that universe doesn't seem to mean anything more than "Pony posessing both horn and wings" unless you want to argue that those alicorns are not alicorns.

That (I think) would just confuse everything though.

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:55 am

@Last
I dunno, FOE alicorns are definitely hyperpowered magic users, compared to normal unicorns, and they've also got earth pony bits in there, too. They're not on the same level as Luna and Celestia, of course, but they were meant to be more than just unicorn/pegasus hybrids, I think, so if Cadance is indeed just an aberrant hybrid, you could make an argument that IMP alicorns are called alicorns because they're supposed to emulate the Princesses, whereas Cadance was not because she was just a mutation or something. It does seem simpler to just refer to her as an alicorn, though, and let the eggheads define the lines between Princess, IMP, and Cadance variants.

Back to top Go down

Post by Train Dodger Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:11 am

O. Hinds wrote:Nallar says 1431011, but it counts stuff like the deleted scene, the end notes, and the hub page.  That's still at least 1420000 words, though, and I doubt that the extra stuff takes up 11011.
Nallar doesn't give a page count, though, so thanks for providing me with that information.

That means that PH is a little over four-fifths the length of Worm. Wow. 

And to think, if it ended on Chapter 75, assuming an average length of 20,000 words per chapter, that would come out to almost 1.6m words in total, or about twice as long as a KJV Bible.

That's a lot of words. And assuming an average word length of 5.2 characters per word, plus a quite a bit for rewritten sentences, I estimate that means it's taken somewhere between seven and fifteen million-plus keystrokes to write PH thus far. 
Somber, if you're not already using a mechanical keyboard, like a Noppoo, Filco or a Metadot Das, you should be. That poor membrane keyboard is probably on its last legs. Crazy
Train Dodger
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:56 am

@OAC

Hold on, first off I agree on the point that IMP alicorns are stronger than the average unicorn. But I'm not sure that Cadance is weaker than them...? I'm not really sure how I want to debate this.

I don't really want to continue this here, I recommend moving this to the official but before we do that I want to start to begin building a definiton of wht an Alicorn is.

You seem to believe that an Alicorn is a pony that not only has a wing and a horn but demonstrates attributes of all three races. Is that correct? Or is there anything you like to add?

In this case the IMP alicorns are NOT alicorns. We know that Red eye wanted to create a new goddess that had three ponies of all the three races. The IMP alicorns have wings but I believe they only have the attributes of unicorns because of the material that was used to create their base.

So again the IMP alicorns are not alicorns by that definition.

So does Cadence have these traits... Well we don't know. At least not in PH we've never met her. Cadance could be a unicorn a pegasus or even an earth pony.

But does Cadence exhibit any of the inherent traits of the three races in the show.

Well what would those be?

Are unicorns more intelligent?

Pegasus more agile?

Earth ponies more enduring?

That's the first question we need to answer before we can decide whether or not Cadance fits that definition.

If however you believe she isn't an alicorn because of something else entirely like her abilities or origin... Well then that's a completely other discussion. But again I would say the IMP Alicorns are not Alicorns in that case.

Anyway I'd suggest continuing the discussion in the official.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:52 am

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Nallar says 1431011, but it counts stuff like the deleted scene, the end notes, and the hub page.
What's "the deleted scene"?
The deleted batpony scene I wrote that great big disclaimer for.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:15 am

O. Hinds wrote:I prefer to believe that Cadance is at most a winged unicorn in PH.  While I've not defined her pony type in my headcanon, she's probably just a unicorn in it.
In Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell Cadance is shown as being born a pegasus, but later ascended after defeating a witch with the power of love (I think, I don't have the book and am only going by half-remembered plot synopses).
Technowolf
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:24 pm

She was adopted by Celestia as a niece and made an Alicorn

Hm...what if Cadance had been one of the early IMP testers that, for some reason, didn't see any change into an Alicorn until much later 

I don't know, 200 year coma and awakens to find herself having flashes into the mind of the Goddess or something
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:54 pm

I was rereading PH for the fifth or sixth time, and just earlier today, i read chapter... i think 17? i just found something i thought was interesting. Blackjack's memory orb experience showed Celestia speaking of the last Caesar's predecessors. the father and grandfather were flexible, but he was more like his great grandfather.

then i remembered that way later on, Lancer spoke of the position of Great Caesar as one that was democratic, not passed down by blood.

... so i'm just wondering. was Celestia misinformed, or was Lancer?
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Unless family members are the only ones you can vote for in Zebra democracies...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:05 pm

pokeperson1000 wrote:I was rereading PH for the fifth or sixth time, and just earlier today, i read chapter... i think 17? i just found something i thought was interesting. Blackjack's memory orb experience showed Celestia speaking of the last Caesar's predecessors. the father and grandfather were flexible, but he was more like his great grandfather.

then i remembered that way later on, Lancer spoke of the position of Great Caesar as one that was democratic, not passed down by blood.

Yes, I found that odd as well. I'm currently thinking that members of the same family just happen to keep being elected.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm a bit late on reading the chapter, but I found things of editorial significance (aka suggestiogogs)

67 Edits:

Also... "Make lunch, not war."  I almost feel like Goldie expositioned about the Tappahani just so this joke could be made.  Well done!   Dash clapping
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:13 pm

I wonder how long an Abridged version of this story would be
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Dekshuduph wrote:I'm a bit late on reading the chapter, but I found things of editorial significance (aka suggestiogogs)

67 Edits:

Also... "Make lunch, not war."  I almost feel like Goldie expositioned about the Tappahani just so this joke could be made.  Well done!   Dash clapping
Ah, thank you.

Dekshuduph wrote:Might be just me, but most books are named 'Character and the Setting' rather than 'Character and Setting'.
…Wait.
[checks]
[headdesks]
Aaaand Daring Do messes things up for us again. Because Blackjack hasn't read this book. Let's see…
Okay, that bit has been deleted. It's a pity to lose it, but it's just a bit of color while the thing it conflicts with is plot-crucial, so… yeah. Argh. Sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:43 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
pokeperson1000 wrote:I was rereading PH for the fifth or sixth time, and just earlier today, i read chapter... i think 17? i just found something i thought was interesting. Blackjack's memory orb experience showed Celestia speaking of the last Caesar's predecessors. the father and grandfather were flexible, but he was more like his great grandfather.

Yes, I found that odd as well.  I'm currently thinking that members of the same family just happen to keep being elected.

Happen, or they made sure their son would be chosen next. In my country of Poland our kings were chosen by the nobility from second half of XVI century until the end of XVIII (which, on the side note, was borderline retarted, as they often ended up electing a member of another country's royal family, and they wouldn't care much for Poland - the very first one, for example, run away to become the King of France). Two of the elected kings, nearing the end of their lives, began giving the nobility more privileges to ensure that the next time there would be an election their son would be chosen. Sigismund III Vasa's both sons were Kings of Poland (and Grand Dukes of Lithuania) after him, first Władysław VI Vasa, and then after him John II Casimir Vasa, and...

... and this is a post on a forum about a story of a post-apocaliptic world of talking ponies...
 Applebloom 

Were was I... right, the Caesar could start making deals with the certain tribes to ensure his son would be chosen next.

Last edited by Borsuq on Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:43 pm

"Yes, I found that odd as well. I'm currently thinking that members of the same family just happen to keep being elected."

Would that mean that the Caesars married a wife from a different tribe each time? Tribe heritage is passed from the maternal side, and a Caesar cannot be elected from the same tribe consecutively.

I have no idea how to use quote boxes. I've only created my account less than a week ago. Sorry.
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:50 pm

pokeperson1000 wrote:"Yes, I found that odd as well. I'm currently thinking that members of the same family just happen to keep being elected."

Would that mean that the Caesars married a wife from a different tribe each time? Tribe heritage is passed from the maternal side, and a Caesar cannot be elected from the same tribe consecutively.

I have no idea how to use quote boxes. I've only created my account less than a week ago. Sorry.

Use (quote) to start the quote, and (/quote) to end it. Only instead of (), use []. :)

Like this!

If you want to attribute the quote, start with (quote="Attribution Goes Here!"), but end it the usual way.

Like so! wrote:boop

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
pokeperson1000 wrote:"Yes, I found that odd as well. I'm currently thinking that members of the same family just happen to keep being elected."

Use (quote) to start the quote, and (/quote) to end it. Only instead of (), use []. :)

Like this!

If you want to attribute the quote, start with (quote="Attribution Goes Here!"), but end it the usual way.

Like so! wrote:boop
Alternatively, there's a quote button at the top of posts. Of course this requires the original web version, so I don't think it shows up on mobile version.

And on a completely unrelated note, FoE: Heroes updated, and it uses a PH line to advance its plot!
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:08 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
…Wait.
[checks]
[headdesks]
Aaaand Daring Do messes things up for us again. Because Blackjack hasn't read this book. Let's see…
Okay, that bit has been deleted. It's a pity to lose it, but it's just a bit of color while the thing it conflicts with is plot-crucial, so… yeah. Argh. Sorry.
...Lol! I didn't even think about that, even though I read that chapter more times than usual... I guess I just don't pay much mind to the names of things.

@OAC: That may have been a bit unnecessary, but it lightens my day to see I'm not the only newbie who always needs to be told how to do things :P

Silver136 wrote:And on a completely unrelated note, FoE: Heroes updated, and it uses a PH line to advance its plot!
Aww... and after reading the new M#7 chapter and this one, I thought I'd caught up on fics for the weekend! Le sigh, might as well get started... :D
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:16 pm

PH line?
Must have skipped it
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 9

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:23 pm

Dutcher wrote:PH line?
Must have skipped it
The sprite bot that Dragondouche says sparked the watchers. It uses the line Spike told BJ, about the road to hell and good intentions and doing better, yadda yadda yadda. Thought it was pretty cool.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Silver136 wrote:
Dutcher wrote:PH line?
Must have skipped it
The sprite bot that Dragondouche says sparked the watchers. It uses the line Spike told BJ, about the road to hell and good intentions and doing better, yadda yadda yadda. Thought it was pretty cool.
Oh that's right
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 9

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote: Use (quote) to start the quote, and (/quote) to end it. Only instead of (), use []. :) If you want to attribute the quote, start with (quote="Attribution Goes Here!"), but end it the usual way. 

\"Silver136 wrote: Alternatively, there's a quote button at the top of posts. Of course this requires the original web version, so I don't think it shows up on mobile version. 

thanks.
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:47 am

*hugs Somber a little*

Sorry for taking so long with this...  I really do hope you'll be okay, sir, please try to take care of yourself.

Chapter 67 Commentary:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:20 am

Ryx wrote:It really is surprising just how many ponies survived the apocalypse when you really think about it. It goes right up there with wondering how many pegasi are really left with all the dashites that fill PnP games.
:D

Ryx wrote:The description of Tenebra trying to run from the echo is really quite sad as well... I'm glad Blackjack was able to save her, even though it hurt (just a "4", heh...), and at least she knew enough to keep her from injuring herself during the seizure. I imagine the weakened batpony genetics probably plays a big part in what makes the echos so deadly, rather than it /only/ being because Blackjack has been through so much.
Just so you know, apparently that's not the proper procedure for helping someone in a seizure.

Ryx wrote:"I suppose my partial exposure at Littlehorn of exposure made me immune to the chemical." - Extra exposure.
Aye, it happens that someone already spotted this one, but thanks.

Ryx wrote:This sounds a little awkward to me. I want to say it should either be "possibilities" or "was"... but I'm probably wrong.
No, I think that you're quite right, and this one no one else reported, too. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:54 am

O. Hinds wrote:Just so you know, apparently that's not the proper procedure for helping someone in a seizure.
Oh dear... well... at least it worked in the story.

O. Hinds wrote:Aye, it happens that someone already spotted this one, but thanks.
Dang, I should have tried harder to come up with a joke about Goldenblood exposing himself after all then, heh.

O. Hinds wrote:No, I think that you're quite right, and this one no one else reported, too.  :)
Ah, well I'm glad I could help then.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:50 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Just so you know, apparently that's not the proper procedure for helping someone in a seizure.
Oh dear... well... at least it worked in the story.
When someone is having a seizure, you're supposed to turn their head on their side so they can't choke, try to cushion their head, and prevent them from hurting themselves as the thrash.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:05 pm

What's with all the hugging of Somber?

and why gently?

The only hugs you'll get from me are bone-crushing hugs

*opens forelimbs* C'mere~ *grins (only slightly) evilly*

If it helps, we can hug at the Fluttershy Medical Center so you can get ICU treatment quickly

Also, is there some unspoken rule about having traumatic visits to Hospitals in FoE stories?

LittlePip visited...uh....I forgot the name, Blackjack had the horrow show of "PLAY?" and now apparently Murky (MN7) is about to go through his own gauntlet
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:What's with all the hugging of Somber?

and why gently?

The only hugs you'll get from me are bone-crushing hugs

*opens forelimbs* C'mere~ *grins (only slightly) evilly*

If it helps, we can hug at the Fluttershy Medical Center so you can get ICU treatment quickly

Also, is there some unspoken rule about having traumatic visits to Hospitals in FoE stories?

LittlePip visited...uh....I forgot the name, Blackjack had the horrow show of "PLAY?" and now apparently Murky (MN7) is about to go through his own gauntlet
Ah yes, Littlepips visit to the Old Olneigh hospital, and the near rape there of.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:11 pm

And of course the rape or near rape of the main character

(Poor Blackjack)

....should I be worried about Murky?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:

I think it's an unspoken rule that abandoned hospitals need to be fucking spooky. Derpy Hooves

swicked wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:And of course the rape or near rape of the main character

(Poor Blackjack)

....should I be worried about Murky?
Nah, he was raped already and Fuzzy went back and edited it out.
Nearly forgot about that. I didn't get to read the chapter until after that bit was edited out.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next