Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Scienza
Ketchup
Craterfist
Tytan
Aonee
Scyto Harmony
Admiral Stoic Rum
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
Katarn
Valikdu
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Moodyman90
CamoBadger
cb5
Frost
25 posters

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:27 am

Lulz.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Hadn't had a look at Mistermech's art in a while.

I am not disappointed by what I found.
Ah yes, the pissed off and angry griffins. 
Good piece.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:46 am

ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:05 pm

RoboRed wrote:
ironlulz:

Needs more grape drank.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Needs more grape drank.
meta as fuck:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:33 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
Needs more grape drank.
meta as fuck:
Goin for a Robotrip there?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Saying it here too, nothing official cor the steam group this week. We can still try to get games together but no need to stress over getting a game started.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:58 pm

swickedbait:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Fuck, I want to install steam os, but I know how much of a pain in the ass installing linux can be and I know better than to install a beta linux OS.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:10 pm

I feel like booting either Windows or Steam OS would be kinda nice to be able to do, assuming that Steam OS probably uses less computer power bits than Windows (as it's designed around gaming, I assume).

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:43 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:I feel like booting either Windows or Steam OS would be kinda nice to be able to do, assuming that Steam OS probably uses less computer power bits than Windows (as it's designed around gaming, I assume).
Right now it can't due to it being a beta, but it comes close though and that there are still frame skipping issues with the nvidia driver.  It probably will be pretty good when it officially comes out in that a metric fuck ton of the problems with linux are long term issues that have known fixes, but for some reason the userbase doesn't actually want to implement the fixes.

That's my problem with linux, even though there's known fixes to the majority of the problems with it the fixes were never implemented.

Right about now valve is probably going-
"So let me get this straight. . . You knew about x problem for two years"
"Correct"
"You had a fix for it for said two years"
"Right"
"However, you never put the fix into the software updates?"
"Right again"
Valve-
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 4d5

As much as I love linux the fact that so many problems with it with known fixes are never addressed makes me facepalm hard.  Don't bother with steam os right now, cause there's a lot of problems with ubuntu(steam os is based off ubuntu) that they have to address first before they officially release steam os not in a beta form.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:51 pm

Now that I have things up and running, should any of you wish to Pokeymans with me in the future, my friend code is 0447-6576-4648

Last edited by RoboRed on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Too bad, I don't own a 3DS! *zing!*

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 OAWNaF4
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Has anyone read (or tried reading) Diaries of a Madman?

I'm kind of... greatly intimidated by its enormous size.

As in, it is as large as Horizons.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:19 pm

RoboRed wrote:Now that I have things up and running, should any of you with to Pokeymans with me in the future, my friend code is 0447-6576-4648

Did we trade FCs? It's been a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Nope
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:57 pm

RoboRed wrote:Nope

1075-0732-5079

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Thanks.

Tytanbait: http://star-flare.tumblr.com/post/71487251581/dj-pon3-comic-comic-i-did-some-time-ago-for-a
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Last wrote:

1075-0732-5079

3797-7498-6082
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Tytan wrote:
Last wrote:

1075-0732-5079

3797-7498-6082

3067-6043-7363
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:24 pm

For those who wonder what French videogamer may sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_fKew6mZLo
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Actually going back to steam os for a second we may see more games come to steam os and linux cause directx is starting to receive less and less attention compared to opengl.

Blah blah blah long explanation.  The short version is gaming developers are starting to look towards using opengl for games which is linux compatible so future AAA titles will be linux compatible and steam os compatible.  Directx on the other hand is a windows program and not very good.  Blah blah blah long explanation.  To make it short directx isn't as OS friendly as opengl and directx has a lot of problems. . a lot of them.

What does this mean?  While current generation of games will probably for the most part never have full compatibility with windows, mac and linux future gen games are now moving towards using opengl which is compatible with all three.

When steam os is officially released and steambox comes out everyone's going to be going, "valve fucked up and they're going to go bankrupt by the end of the year", when in reality it's a turtle vs the hare scenario in that they realize that opengl is coming to more games, steambox isn't going to be sold at a loss, and that when the other consoles start becoming dated they're just going to come out with newer versions of the steambox.

Tl:dr; Steambox and steam os when they first come out will be the little guy but in 4 or 5 years time when the xboxone, ps4, and wiiu start becoming dated steambox and steamos is going to be king instead.
Harmony Ltd. wrote:For those who wonder what French videogamer may sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_fKew6mZLo
I can speak a little french myself
omelette du fromage
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:39 pm

wat:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:39 pm

omelette au fromage

not du

it would be like saying "cheese's cake" instead of "cheesecake"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:41 pm

Robo's got a dragon type friend safari

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:omelette au fromage

not du

it would be like saying "cheese's cake" instead of "cheesecake"
You've never seen dexter's lab?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Yes I have, and know the reference. Just correcting a mistake I've seen around two million times on the internet as a result.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Last wrote:Robo's got a dragon type friend safari
I wish I knew what this meant.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Yes I have, and know the reference. Just correcting a mistake I've seen around two million times on the internet as a result.
"It's LeviOsa, not LevioSA."
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Do kindly fuck off.

Anyway, still trying to write. Making slow progresses, but still getting distracted by other shit. Currently navigating in the fog without instruments as far as where I'm taking the story goes, even if I have a few ideas.

The thing is pretty much taking its own course right now.

I think I see what some authors say about "taking a setting, putting characters in it, and letting the story develop itself". This is pretty much what's occurring right now.

This said, I'm still wondering how exactly I'm going to go from "normal situation" to "effective start of the story". 'Cause right now it reads more as a Slice of Life thing. Which is interesting, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure I'm going to last 100,000 words of that without it becoming pretty stale, pretty quick.

Just gotta work a bit more on the setting, I guess, to have a better idea of what buttons I could push to get the thing moving in interesting directions without it feeling too contrived.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next