Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Scienza
Ketchup
Craterfist
Tytan
Aonee
Scyto Harmony
Admiral Stoic Rum
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
Katarn
Valikdu
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Moodyman90
CamoBadger
cb5
Frost
25 posters

Page 21 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Does anyone here know how to fix mic static? I've checked my drivers, reinstalled them, switched the mic from the front panel to the rear, and even went as far as isolating the noise from the audio and attempting to reduce it. Nothing sticks. I was suppose to be recording over an hour ago, but this one little thing has got me stuck.

What mic do you have? Is it USB or direct audio? Are you sure (I've made this mistake before, embarrassingly) that you don't have two mics in at once?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
What mic do you have? Is it USB or direct audio? Are you sure (I've made this mistake before, embarrassingly) that you don't have two mics in at once?

It's a direct audio, and I only have the one mic.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:

It's a direct audio, and I only have the one mic.

Are you sure it's static? If your computer is sufficiently quiet, in can come up in audio as sounding like static.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
Are you sure it's static? If your computer is sufficiently quiet, in can come up in audio as sounding like static.

My computer is dead silent most of the time, unless it's being taxed, which it wasn't. Besides, noise cancelling would have negated that. This static is actually quite loud.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:16 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:

My computer is dead silent most of the time, unless it's being taxed, which it wasn't. Besides, noise cancelling would have negated that. This static is actually quite loud.

Only other things I can think of is the quality of your mic or the program you're using.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:17 pm

Uhm...

How much did you pay for you mic?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:20 pm

It's a Steelseries 3H VR headset, so close to $30.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Ironmonger wrote:It's a Steelseries 3H VR headset, so close to $30.

If you want good sound quality you'd probably need to pay triple that, and I advise for future investments getting a separate mic and stand.

How bad is the static? If it's only slight you should be able to get away with it for your first videos.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
If you want good sound quality you'd probably need to pay triple that, and I advise for future investments getting a separate mic and stand.

How bad is the static? If it's only slight you should be able to get away with it for your first videos.

In that case I will start looking around. The static isn't terribly bad, but it is prominent enough to get bothersome. That's my opinion, anyway. I'm a little more sensitive to sound than most.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:36 pm

You could try to edit that out in post-production, if it really bother you.

Look out on the 'net for tutorials on how to reduce static sound using Audacity.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlKX6p85R2M
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:You could try to edit that out in post-production, if it really bother you.

Look out on the 'net for tutorials on how to reduce static sound using Audacity.

I already tried that to the best of my ability. It reduced most of it, but my voice suddenly went nearly silent towards the end. That was even with trying to single out what appeared to be the static.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Try to do like the guy say in the video I linked above, and see if that changes thing.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:45 pm

So starting out Sleeping dogs is pretty good. Can definitely see at least a little Arkham in the combat I hate the driving so far though, this game wants you to drive nice and slow. Also the camera has a seizure if I so much as touch the right stick in a vehicle. It makes me a little motion sick even. Though I do like making my car tackle the other cars.

Melee combat offers a little more challenge and vareity than the game it took inspiration from.

So far it's a fun game. I'll have a lot more fun if I can figure out what the hell is up with the vehicle camera and I can find one that's fun drive above grandma speed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Try to do like the guy say in the video I linked above, and see if that changes thing.

It worked. It was exactly what I did before, but this time I stayed quiet for five seconds to get a good chunk of the static for negation. The static is actually very subtle now. Thanks!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Last wrote:So starting out Sleeping dogs is pretty good. Can definitely see at least a little Arkham in the combat I hate the driving so far though, this game wants you to drive nice and slow. Also the camera has a seizure if I so much as touch the right stick in a vehicle. It makes me a little motion sick even. Though I do like making my car tackle the other cars.

Melee combat offers a little more challenge and vareity than the game it took inspiration from.

So far it's a fun game. I'll have a lot more fun if I can figure out what the hell is up with the vehicle camera and I can find one that's fun drive above grandma speed.

Yeah, The driving controls aren't great on PC either - I thought it might be a console port thing, but I guess not.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:02 am

Ironbait.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:12 am

Guarddogjr wrote:*bait*

Shining Armor looks so badass in that armor.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:29 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Guarddogjr wrote:*bait*

Shining Armor looks so badass in that armor.

Everyone would look badass in that armor.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:51 am

tytanbait:

Source.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:53 am

The Empire is fucked haha.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:26 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:15 am

sketchy:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:36 am

Katarn wrote:*snip*
She seems to be rather drawn to that apple.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:42 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Katarn wrote:*snip*
She seems to be rather drawn to that apple.
She's sketchy as fuck.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:20 am

It's not
creepy!

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:00 am

Twilight and her spells..:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:00 am

This tag

Is, I feel, going to draw a lot of polarized comments.

This is going to be beautiful.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:03 am

It even has a story!

Appropriately full of grammatical errors.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:08 am

Camobait?:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next