Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Craterfist
Downloaded Skill
StoneSlinger88
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
Valikdu
IncoherentOrange
Scyto Harmony
Tytan
Katarn
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Cptadder
iLateralGX
OneMoreDaySK
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Frost
Scienza
Ironmonger
Vinylshadow
25 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:32 pm

I'd slam my head into my desk, but that woudl cause me extreme pain
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:03 pm

lulz:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:40 pm

swicked wrote:
Reminds me a little of the fundraiser Giant in the Playground had for Order of the Stick (a webcomic) in order to, iirc, pay for a reprinting run of some of his books and for making the webcomic his primary profession.
He was still sending out incentives for the donations he received, like, a year or two after the fundraiser closed.
To be fair, Rich did have an accident which severed the tendons in his right hand and prevented him from drawing for like six months.

But yeah, the thing about Kickstarter is that it's really easy to get overambitious and end up failing to meet your promises. Often times, I think a lot of people end up underestimating how successful they'll be, which is perhaps better, but it means that they end up overwhelmed by the demands.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Scienza wrote:
But yeah, the thing about Kickstarter is that it's really easy to get overambitious and end up failing to meet your promises. Often times, I think a lot of people end up underestimating how successful they'll be, which is perhaps better, but it means that they end up overwhelmed by the demands.

As long as you're transparent being overwhelmed isn't an issue.

"Update: Hey guys, I got the keychains I'm shipping the first batch on monday. It's going to take a few trips to get all these things through the postal system so it might be a couple months before you get yours. It's not really in the budget to hire people to do this and I need to actually spend some time working on the project. So please bear with me."

Easy, no ones calling your honesty into question and while some people still will probably be pissed most people will likely understand.

Last edited by Last on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : damn finger slipped)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:11 pm

My Little Headcanon is still some of the funniest shit:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:16 pm

swicked wrote:...some people would rather not say anything than admit they are overwhelmed. They get afraid of disappointing people and, ironically, just avoid the issue, pretending it doesn't exist and ticking people off more.
I've known people who were so stressed out by tests that they just didn't go to class those days. They obviously failed, as a result, but people and weird like that.
There's also perhaps the fear that admitting failure will affect their chances in later business opportunities, especially for folks who are trying to go professional in their chosen field. Of course, not meeting your promises will also affect said business opportunities.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:38 pm

swicked wrote:
Harmony Theory:
Spoiler:
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:42 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Kim
The last thing you talked about, or the last time someone responded ot you?
Both?

@EP: Just some unrelated thing I found a bit amusing: comic
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Spoiler:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:55 pm

swicked wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:38 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
swicked wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:41 pm

@Kim
Way back in page 2:
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Holy fuck.....

Chapter 21
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:19 pm

So the Ti Nspire CX was on sale for $130 and I have had my eyes on the thing since it was announced so I went ahead and bought it.

I have to say I love this damn thing. Has a whole bunch of features I probably wont use for Calc, Physics or Discrete Mathematics but still...
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:24 pm

ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Spoiler:
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:36 pm

RoboRed wrote:
ironlulz:

"get out"

Or, as my RL friends would say: *groan*

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:56 pm

Alright, so 21 did have one problem that stuck out like a sore thumb to me. 

Semi-not-really-spoiler:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Alright, so 21 did have one problem that stuck out like a sore thumb to me. 

Semi-not-really-spoiler:
Not every author writing stories that involve soldiers is trained soldier themselves, so keep your standards low. That being said, that's a pretty stupid mistake, even for a civvy writer to make. However, Charisma doesn't exactly live up to her name, so I'd say the leadership skills are about on par from what we've seen of her.

Last edited by stringtheory on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Spoiler:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:26 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, I don't remember too much, since it's been a while, but I do remember the story having more twists than a den of snakes.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:50 am

I've got a bit of good news that I just feel like sharing. It's nothing big, just something I'm excited about. Recently, I've joined a group of wargamers that are making a big effort to completely redesign the Warhammer 40k tabletop game. I've pitched in to help redesign the Chaos Space Marines, and so far my ideas and advice seem to have a lot of gravity with the head designer. The group has no professionals as far as I know, but we know what works. Since GW can't seem to do much right, we took matters into our own hands.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:52 am

@Iron
Cool, good luck with the remixing! Hope the project works and is free of C&Ds!

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:38 am

warning major spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:07 am

I might know who is his second-in-command is:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:11 am

There's an E-5 over in A Co. named Sergeant Major.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:39 am

Later in his career...

"Major Major"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:57 am

So in two hours of browsing internet my galaxy s4 has gone from 100 to 39% battery.

I think I need either a new battery or a new phone.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:29 am

Anyone see the new 3ds? Not sure if I'm fan of that second stick, I guess it'd make it easy to hit the buttons at the same time but still it's incredibly tiny.

At this point I think nintendo has a fetish for not putting the stylus back where it was on the DSi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next