Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Scienza
Ketchup
Craterfist
Tytan
Aonee
Scyto Harmony
Admiral Stoic Rum
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
Katarn
Valikdu
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Moodyman90
CamoBadger
cb5
Frost
25 posters

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:41 pm

This is going to be a bit ridiculous...

First, read this article: http://teatimebrutality.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/canon-and-sheep-shit-why-we-fight.html

Now, look at this helpful chart:

Spoiler:

Okay, now, hear me out:

A DoctorWho/FoE crossover. Make it happen.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:A DoctorWho/FoE crossover. Make it happen.

Well... Maybe someone in the Wasteland will actually just shoot him dead instead of monologuing at him.

Last edited by Valikdu on Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:A DoctorWho/FoE crossover. Make it happen.
Someone has already done it.  It was utter shit cause the writer just ripped off a past episode of doctor who and didn't think anyone would realize. It was pretty much the equivalent of if someone made a transformers fanfic and instead of calling the main human character, "Sam" calling them, "Not Sam".
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Well, I mean one that doesn't suck, obviously.

*fwoosh-fwoosh-fwoosh*
*sound of door opening*
"Hey, look! Ponies!"
"Kill! Maim! Burn!"
"Ruuuuun!"
*sound of door closing*
*fwoosh-fwoosh-fwoosh*
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:This is going to be a bit ridiculous...

First, read this article: http://teatimebrutality.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/canon-and-sheep-shit-why-we-fight.html

Now, look at this helpful chart:

Spoiler:

Okay, now, hear me out:

A DoctorWho/FoE crossover. Make it happen.

What the fuck did I just read? I can't tell if the writer hates Doctor Who or loves it, or if he's mad that the show doesn't have canon or think that's a good thing. What the fuck is up with this guy?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well, I mean one that doesn't suck, obviously.

*fwoosh-fwoosh-fwoosh*
*sound of door opening*
"Hey, look! Ponies!"
"Kill! Maim! Burn!"
"Ruuuuun!"
*sound of door closing*
*fwoosh-fwoosh-fwoosh*
Eh, more likely he would use his sonic to remotely hack into the SPP, gardens of equestria and activate them. I'm pretty certain that the SPP towers aren't made out of wood. Also that magically augmented 1960's technology wouldn't hold a candle to technology that is the equivalent of 1,000,000,000 AD. That'd be like someone saying they can stop a person using a super computer from bypassing security on a calculator.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:What the fuck did I just read? I can't tell if the writer hates Doctor Who or loves it, or if he's mad that the show doesn't have canon or think that's a good thing. What the fuck is up with this guy?
The writer:
- Loves DoctorWho
- Think it's a good thing it doesn't have canon

I'm not a native english speaker and got it on the first read.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:19 pm

cb5 wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well, I mean one that doesn't suck, obviously.

*fwoosh-fwoosh-fwoosh*
*sound of door opening*
"Hey, look! Ponies!"
"Kill! Maim! Burn!"
"Ruuuuun!"
*sound of door closing*
*fwoosh-fwoosh-fwoosh*
Eh, more likely he would use his sonic to remotely hack into the SPP, gardens of equestria and activate them.  I'm pretty certain that the SPP towers aren't made out of wood.  Also that magically augmented 1960's technology wouldn't hold a candle to technology that is the equivalent of 1,000,000,000 AD.  That'd be like someone saying they can stop a person using a super computer from bypassing security on a calculator.
You are banned from fanfiction forever, effective now.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:What the fuck did I just read? I can't tell if the writer hates Doctor Who or loves it, or if he's mad that the show doesn't have canon or think that's a good thing. What the fuck is up with this guy?
The writer:
- Loves DoctorWho
- Think it's a good thing it doesn't have canon

I'm not a native english speaker and got it on the first read.

Huh. Well, in all honestly, he did a better job of convincing me to continue NEVER watching Doctor Who then I ever have.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Frost? Is that you?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:30 pm

All I have to say about Doctor Who is that it's a pretty godddamn retarded show, and the lack of canon and general internal consistency is what took the show from "pretty interesting" to "shit on a baby" in my eyes.

Nah, Scyto. When I reach into my pants in a bar, people call the police for entirely different reasons.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Nah, Scyto. When I reach into my pants in a bar, people call the police for entirely different reasons.

https://youtu.be/8WzT2fnkfPk?t=2m4s
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:You are banned from fanfiction forever, effective now.
Also that if he landed in hoofington he could just disable power to everything; or he could just tow the eater or souls to somewhere else.  The TARDIS has towed large objects and such before cause the tardis is smaller on the outside.  He could also just go back in time during the war and shut down the communication network when the order to launch the missiles was given so as the order was never received.  He could also prevent trixie from ever falling into the vats.  He could also go back to when the wonderbolts were sent on that rescue mission and have the zebras rescue the captives first. He could also just shut down power armor.

I could go on for ages.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:48 pm

cb5 wrote:I could go on for ages.
I would rather you didn't.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Has anyone played "The Wolf Among Us" ? Is it any good ?

It seems interesting.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Has anyone played "The Wolf Among Us" ? Is it any good ?

It seems interesting.
I've played it. And yes it is good, Interesting take on fables.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:53 pm

I've got the original comic series ("Fables") on my list of "things to check out on of these days" for a while now.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Has anyone played "The Wolf Among Us" ? Is it any good ?

It seems interesting.

Wasn't expecting much from it, but it's very good if you don't mind Telltale's style of dialogue game.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:58 pm

cb5 wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:You are banned from fanfiction forever, effective now.
Also that if he landed in hoofington he could just disable power to everything; or he could just tow the eater or souls to somewhere else.  The TARDIS has towed large objects and such before cause the tardis is smaller on the outside.  He could also just go back in time during the war and shut down the communication network when the order to launch the missiles was given so as the order was never received.  He could also prevent trixie from ever falling into the vats.  He could also go back to when the wonderbolts were sent on that rescue mission and have the zebras rescue the captives first.  He could also just shut down power armor.

I could go on for ages.

You know... Sometimes even bringing an overpowered character from another setting can be made intreresting. My example would be "The God of Death", which is about a Raven Guard Marine in Azeroth.
But what you're describing doesn't sound interesting.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote: if you don't mind Telltale's style of dialogue game.
Never played "The Walking Dead", so I don't know what it's like.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:06 pm

Hey Iron:

I understand now what you meant by getting constantly squirreled by other things while writing Armed Redemption.

It's taken me a whole afternoon to write up a page and a half for the thing I'm working on right now.

Though admittedly the fact I'm not even sure of where I'm going right now is playing a big role.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:00 pm

camobait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Harmony wrote:I just want to say one thing:

Finding names for ponies is a pain in the ass.
Agreed.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:35 pm

tytanbait:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:23 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Hey Iron:

I understand now what you meant by getting constantly squirreled by other things while writing Armed Redemption.

It's taken me a whole afternoon to write up a page and a half for the thing I'm working on right now.

Though admittedly the fact I'm not even sure of where I'm going right now is playing a big role.

To my knowledge, I had a few things that were working against me: my rather extreme form of ADHD, my hypersensitivity to my environment, rather hectic life,  the fact that I had no idea where I was going with the story beyond five feet in front of me, and my quirky memory.

Things have gotten much, much better now.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:55 pm

As I said earlier, I'm writing a little something, and I'd like to have someone to read what I write, just to tell me, for example, if the dialogues sound awkward, if the descriptions sound good, that kinda thing...

I guess what I'm asking for is a proofreader?

Anyway, help would be appreciated.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:38 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 1524677_391616077639864_1838867678_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:As I said earlier, I'm writing a little something, and I'd like to have someone to read what I write, just to tell me, for example, if the dialogues sound awkward, if the descriptions sound good, that kinda thing...

I guess what I'm asking for is a proofreader?

Anyway, help would be appreciated.

I proof-read for another story, I can take a look if you want?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Why not?

Imma send you a lil' PM...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:54 pm

I hate this Forum's PM system with a burning passion.

Okay, imma do it like Hinds, and ask people to send me mails now, because that PM box fills itself just too fucking fast, and I don't know how to archive these goddamn messages.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next