Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Scienza
Ketchup
Craterfist
Tytan
Aonee
Scyto Harmony
Admiral Stoic Rum
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
Katarn
Valikdu
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Moodyman90
CamoBadger
cb5
Frost
25 posters

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:04 am

I love parking my car next to the lifted mall trucks; a Corolla covered in mud always looks good next to a pristine Jeep or lifted 4x4 that's never been off pavement.

And this is my idea of a sexy machine:
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:10 am

Cars...planes...

behold you lesser beings, a true sexy machine:
Simple, yet beautiful.
It also has an older design than everything else you guys have posted, and is still 10x more sexy.

Last edited by CamoBadger on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:11 am

And quite image-broken.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:11 am

CamoBadger wrote:Cars...planes...

behold you lesser beings, a true sexy machine:
Simple, yet beautiful.
It also has an older design than everything else you guys have posted, and is still 10x more sexy.

Bit of a broken link there, Doc.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 am

FINE! Fixed?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:17 am

CamoBadger wrote:FINE! Fixed?

Yes.
And behold!:
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:18 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:

Yes.
And behold!:
Impressive...
But I doubt it firing would give me a boner so strong I almost pass out.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:21 am

Te gusta sci-fi?
Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:22 am

RoboRed wrote:Te gusta sci-fi?
Spoiler:
Eh. Has a bit too much random lights and added pointless corners. Just looks silly.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:42 am

CamoBadger wrote:
StoneSlinger88 wrote:

Yes.
And behold!:
Impressive...
But I doubt it firing would give me a boner so strong I almost pass out.

Then try this.
This gun has a gun:
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:43 am

Sexy machines? Genetic loyalty forces me to point out this beauty:
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:52 am

CamoBadger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:Te gusta sci-fi?
Spoiler:
Eh. Has a bit too much random lights and added pointless corners. Just looks silly.
Actually speaking of sci-fi weaponry I forget what the guy's name was, I think it may have been kaku, but war may between first world nations may become obsolete in the future or if it is still around it will be more like a game of chess than actual combat.  What I mean by that is in forty or fifty years when cyberization is a reality and lazer defense systems can shoot down practically anything instead of war as we know it it will be more of a pissing match in comparison.

What I mean by that is hypothetically let's say the usa gets into a war with china.  Before the boots land on the ground you'll have AI systems calculating the best strategy, then calculate what are the chances of which planes will get shot before hitting their targets, send the retreat order to airplanes before they get shot down, with only minimal amount of missiles actually making it to the ground or taking out enemies.  Then after years of playing cat and mouse ground forces would be sent in and both sides would have completely autonomous AI calculating the best strategy for success while issuing orders to troops, sending troops in.  Then when things don't go according to plan calculate the overall war chances for victory then issue orders to either advance or retreat based on whether or not they could win the battle and it's impact on the war.  Even on the soldier level the system would be issuing to people and warning soldiers to duck behind cover where when probability is high that they're about to get jumped.

So in other words I don't think you'll see futuristic science fiction weaponry that you always see in video games so much as replacing the command brass with computers that issue orders instead.  The reason being is that human beings are fundamentally irrational and that who wouldn't want a computer that can win a war for you instead of relying on strategy of individuals that can't in mere seconds change their entire strategy for a war based on unforeseen circumstances.

To use a analogy saying that humans could outperform machines coming up with how to win a war through strategy would be like someone saying that a human being can beat Deep Blue in a game of chess.

We already rely on computers for almost every aspect of our lives and at this point society would crumble without them, so why not introduce them to a new aspect of society to control for us as well?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:57 am

Yeah, I get that.
Well, what you're saying, but I do have to ruin your example of the US and China. They've actually done some scenarios with that, and found out that neither the US or China can land enough troops to successfully invade the other.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:58 am

CamoBadger wrote:Yeah, I get that.
Well, what you're saying, but I do have to ruin your example of the US and China. They've actually done some scenarios with that, and found out that neither the US or China can land enough troops to successfully invade the other.
Well of course. I was just using it as a hypothetical situation.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:05 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 1545601_521170954667034_271829441_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:19 am

I finally got my channel up, and as promised here is the link. The Ironworks.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:58 am

Good news. I am now 18, and officially "legal" to the internets.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:01 am

Aonee wrote:Good news. I am now 18, and officially "legal" to the internets.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 8d7
 Spike 
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:03 am

Aonee wrote:Good news. I am now 18, and officially "legal" to the internets.
Happy birthday, Aon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:07 am

Happy birthday. Though you're not fully legal to the internet. Some sites have 21+ restriction  Spike 
Anyway, I wish you to have fun at your birthday party  Dancing PinkiePie 
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:09 am

Katarn wrote:Happy birthday. Though you're not fully legal to the internet. Some sites have 21+18+ restriction  Spike 
Anyway, I wish you to have fun at your birthday party  Dancing PinkiePie 
Shhhh.... Shh....
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:31 am

Happy birthday Aon.

This is unrelated to anything here but has anyone seen the knock it off campaign? I have to ask does two teenage girls saying "that's so gay" offensive? I haven't seen the commercials I just leave the TV on for background noise but they seem to just be saying it when they're shopping or something.

I've got this theory that it's not upsetting to anyone who should be upset by it. Adults it should be relatively harmless I'd imagine that they put up with so much shit that even something teenage girls say that is meant to be insulting wouldn't be because they don't know what they're talking about. They're teenage girls.

And if you're still in school and someone saying "that's gay" when not in reference to you is the worst part of your school experience  I'd have to say you had a better experience than most.

But I'm not a gay man or woman, so I'm asking. Is that phrase really offensive to be spending whatever money they are to try and stop people from saying it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:35 am

I think it might not be so much as stopping people from saying it, but more trying to shift the general public's perception so the word "gay" no longer has such a negative connotation to it, even if said connotation is in dissonance with the now wider usage.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:44 am

A happy birthday to you, Aonee.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:54 am

Aonee wrote:I think it might not be so much as stopping people from saying it, but more trying to shift the general public's perception so the word "gay" no longer has such a negative connotation to it, even if said connotation is in dissonance with the now wider usage.

That makes sense to me, but it seems much much easier to find a new word to identify yourself as.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:57 am

Last wrote:
Aonee wrote:I think it might not be so much as stopping people from saying it, but more trying to shift the general public's perception so the word "gay" no longer has such a negative connotation to it, even if said connotation is in dissonance with the now wider usage.

That makes sense to me, but it seems much much easier to find a new word to identify yourself as.

like homosexual?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:00 am

Last wrote:Happy birthday Aon.

This is unrelated to anything here but has anyone seen the knock it off campaign? I have to ask does two teenage girls saying "that's so gay" offensive? I haven't seen the commercials I just leave the TV on for background noise but they seem to just be saying it when they're shopping or something.

I've got this theory that it's not upsetting to anyone who should be upset by it. Adults it should be relatively harmless I'd imagine that they put up with so much shit that even something teenage girls say that is meant to be insulting wouldn't be because they don't know what they're talking about. They're teenage girls.

And if you're still in school and someone saying "that's gay" when not in reference to you is the worst part of your school experience  I'd have to say you had a better experience than most.

But I'm not a gay man or woman, so I'm asking. Is that phrase really offensive to be spending whatever money they are to try and stop people from saying it?
Shit women say to gay guys.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:19 am

RoboRed wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 1545601_521170954667034_271829441_n

I'm confused. What's the keyhole for? Do you need the key to pull the fire alarm?

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:22 am

Has man ever come closer to having enough dakka than with this?

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 Guv-8700hind1
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:43 am

Valikdu wrote:Has man ever come closer to having enough dakka than with this?

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 Guv-8700hind1
The A-10 (aka giant minigun with wings and an engine) comes to mind, although for sheer number of guns...

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 88ppsh
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next