Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+39
Exodus Hero
RoboRed
WavemasterRyx
The Holy Tuna
BrentOGara
_Sindri
Mr. Snrub
Overthepacific
Leoman
WovenTales
Admiral Stoic Rum
tylertoon2
Mister Nikel
Somber
Train Dodger
Snipehamster
Kippershy
AGurdel
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
Retl
Derpmind
Stringtheory
Quotidian
Caoimhe
Valikdu
Vergil
CD
CamoBadger
OneMoreDaySK
O. Hinds
Sindri
FeatherDust
Icy Shake
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Moodyman90
jacky2734
StoneSlinger88
43 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:10 am

My guess is that Braeburn wanted to market "Dragonkiller" rounds to make some money off of them, rather than actually make them kill a dragon in a single shot. Or designed so they'd work at certain spots on a dragon where their hide is thinner. Maybe the genitals? Or he liked the name and slapped on new AP rounds. But the way it killed Big Mac was "through the heart", so it didn't explode on impact. Went through his armor, but he was still mainly in one piece when he died.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:My guess is that Braeburn wanted to market "Dragonkiller" rounds to make some money off of them, rather than actually make them kill a dragon in a single shot. Or designed so they'd work at certain spots on a dragon where their hide is thinner. Maybe the genitals? Or he liked the name and slapped on new AP rounds. But the way it killed Big Mac was "through the heart", so it didn't explode on impact. Went through his armor, but he was still mainly in one piece when he died.
If it made a hole in him that rules out HESH (though a HESH round would definitely have killed him; that kind of pressure wave does unpleasant things to your organs). They probably would have mentioned if he was on fire, so it's probably not HEIAP. APDS would have gone right through the other side, and from a rifle might not have even killed him (yeah it's through the heart, but it's such a tiny hole that he'd have plenty of time for magical healing before bleeding out). So I think this is either HEAT (if they were serious about it killing dragons) or a conventional anti-armor shell.

Hmm. Actually if dragon scales are softer than I was thinking, conventional slugs might work better than explosives. I need more information on the ballistic properties of the defenses of fictional animals, it seems.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:25 am

So, has there been any indication that Somber is okay since after saying about the Con?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:30 am

Kippershy wrote:So, has there been any indication that Somber is okay since after saying about the Con?
I've not heard anything, sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 am

Thanks all the same. I thought it might have been the case.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:49 am

Kippershy wrote:So, has there been any indication that Somber is okay since after saying about the Con?
I've seen their computer online a few times, but only for a few minutes at a time the last couple days. Things sounded like they were going relatively well earlier though...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 pm

I have it on good authority that someone operated his paypal account today. So unless he got hacked or someone is operating it in his behalf, at least he's alive and has some amount of access to the internet.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Well, that's good to hear. At least he's not gone off the edge or anything.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 pm

I got an e-mail 4 hours ago from Somber and it seemed like things were going okay (thank you note), so that's good. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Nice to hear some good news!
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snipehamster Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:44 pm

An additional thought re: Chapter 54.

Several events in the late 20s gave Scotch Tape a pathological fear of machines, and her stint in the Fluttershy Medical Center's stasis tanks through the late 30s (followed by messy machine-assisted surgery) couldn't have helped.

...so why was she comfortable with riding on and in Deus?

Her phobia seems to have slipped everyone's minds.

Snipehamster
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Snipehamster wrote:An additional thought re: Chapter 54.

Several events in the late 20s gave Scotch Tape a pathological fear of machines, and her stint in the Fluttershy Medical Center's stasis tanks through the late 30s (followed by messy machine-assisted surgery) couldn't have helped.

Pretty much the same thing hit me today, but not with the machines - with bucks.
She was fucking petrified by bucks after what happened on the Seahorse. Wouldn't go near any bar P-21.
Now in the last few chapters she's been talking about getting with some colts from Chapel? WAT?!?

She should be fucking scared of them and definitely NOT speaking about having any kind of sexual relations with them.
She heard what happened to Blackjack, that fucked her up (or was supposed to) yet it seems to do nothing now.

Also, don't fuck up on the Goddess Somber. God knows that's due in the next chapter, remember?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Snipehamster wrote:An additional thought re: Chapter 54.

Pretty much the same thing hit me today, but not with the machines - with bucks.
She was fucking petrified by bucks after what happened on the Seahorse. Wouldn't go near any bar P-21.
Now in the last few chapters she's been talking about getting with some colts from Chapel? WAT?!?

She should be fucking scared of them and definitely NOT speaking about having any kind of sexual relations with them.
She heard what happened to Blackjack, that fucked her up (or was supposed to) yet it seems to do nothing now.

Also, don't fuck up on the Goddess Somber. God knows that's due in the next chapter, remember?
Children are different from adults, I expect. Smaller, for one thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Wow, ya go to sleep for a weekend an a whole lot of people join. Welcome newcomers!

@Swicked
Finally got to reading that review. Very, very worth it. Who was the other person to request this?

@Snipehamster
Thought that by now she got over it. I mean look at Blackjack and P-21, they for the most part seem to have gotten past their traumas, barring the current ones being inflicted.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Keep in mind Scotch Tape has been wandering around with a mostly-robotic Blackjack for some time now. She may have lost her phobia when Blackjack was being augmented.

Children are also very receptive to what the adults around them are feeling. When Blackjack came to terms (or close to it) with what happened to her, it's possible Scotch Tape picked up on this and is trying to emulate her by attempting to get past what had happened.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 am

We had a kid come into our yard and stare at us through our window today. We asked him what he was doing, and where he had come from, but he didn't say anything, just smiled at us. It was honestly a bit creepy; kept waiting for his psychotic cannibal brother to show up. Anyway, he wandered off and seemed like he knew where he was going on. Kids are strange.

Back to top Go down

Post by Train Dodger Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:49 am

Weren't Scotch Tape's memories altered by magical means? Y'know, to cure her of her phobias?
Train Dodger
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:01 am

Train Dodger wrote:Weren't Scotch Tape's memories altered by magical means? Y'know, to cure her of her phobias?
Yes, which removed the flashbacks but left her extremely uncomfortable around machinery without even knowing why because the trauma was somewhere deeper in the mind than simple recollections. But she did seem to me to be getting past it gradually; either she's just pushing herself to ignore it and get the job done anyway, presenting a brave face to the outside because everybody else has their own shit to deal with, or she's actually recovering rapidly. Of course she is P-21's daughter, and he's managed to mostly overcome a lifetime of torture in about two months...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 am

I think Scotch has been able to get over her fears thanks in part to Blackjack coming clean about altering the memories, so Scotch at least understands why she has these irrational fears. Also, since P-21 admitted he was her father (something else removed from her memory) they may have been helping eachother overcome their fears. Especially her fear of males could have been helped by P-21 admitting he's uncomfortable around mares, and that his reasons are far more involved than Scotch's fears.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:34 am

Scotch got her cutie mark from building stuff and presumably working with machines. I like the idea that she got over her fear by working through it unintentionally and maturing, if that's the case.

Also Glory being on the rag could explain weird behaviour among everyone.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Scotch got her cutie mark from building stuff and presumably working with machines. I like the idea that she got over her fear by working through it unintentionally and maturing, if that's the case.

Also Glory being on the rag could explain weird behaviour among everyone.

Correction for you: Glory isn't on the rag yet, she's entering her most fertile state.
I don't know how MLP handles fertility, but its been stated she's coming into where she's most likely to conceive, so she's yet to be on the rag.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:We had a kid come into our yard and stare at us through our window today. We asked him what he was doing, and where he had come from, but he didn't say anything, just smiled at us. It was honestly a bit creepy; kept waiting for his psychotic cannibal brother to show up. Anyway, he wandered off and seemed like he knew where he was going on. Kids are strange.

*gasps* Slenderboy!
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 pm

... And now I'm imagining "Slenderboy" as a remix / remake of the old Spiderman opening...

Slenderboy, slenderboy,
do's what'ver a Slenderman can
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm

So this happened.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:41 pm

He's always watching.
Spoiler:

And holy crap Derpmind, that's awesome! I definitely like the style.

Let's see if something else can be crammed into this post. Here's a song. While not about MLP, it does mention a pony, and now it's stuck in my head and plays whenever I read a PH recovery chapter.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Derpmind wrote:So this happened.
For some reason reminds me of the music from Metal Slug boss fights.

I like it.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:29 am

Ever play Urban Slug? Loved it, but damn is it hard!
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:48 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:Ever play Urban Slug? Loved it, but damn is it hard!
this is the thread for story stuff only, general chat thread is here, just nipping this at the bud, fun game though
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:15 am

stringtheory wrote:
this is the thread for story stuff only, general chat thread is here, just nipping this at the bud, fun game though

My bad. Shy

So, anyone think we've seen the last of Luna's Guards? They could be a powerful ally if they can be convinced (presumably by Stygius) to aid Blackjack, especially against the Enclave.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

My bad. Shy

So, anyone think we've seen the last of Luna's Guards? They could be a powerful ally if they can be convinced (presumably by Stygius) to aid Blackjack, especially against the Enclave.
we're pretty sure they'll come back for the super humongous epic final battle, along with everyone else Blackjack's made friends with
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next