Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Train Dodger on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:49 am

Weren't Scotch Tape's memories altered by magical means? Y'know, to cure her of her phobias?
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:01 am

Train Dodger wrote:Weren't Scotch Tape's memories altered by magical means? Y'know, to cure her of her phobias?
Yes, which removed the flashbacks but left her extremely uncomfortable around machinery without even knowing why because the trauma was somewhere deeper in the mind than simple recollections. But she did seem to me to be getting past it gradually; either she's just pushing herself to ignore it and get the job done anyway, presenting a brave face to the outside because everybody else has their own shit to deal with, or she's actually recovering rapidly. Of course she is P-21's daughter, and he's managed to mostly overcome a lifetime of torture in about two months...
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by CD on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 am

I think Scotch has been able to get over her fears thanks in part to Blackjack coming clean about altering the memories, so Scotch at least understands why she has these irrational fears. Also, since P-21 admitted he was her father (something else removed from her memory) they may have been helping eachother overcome their fears. Especially her fear of males could have been helped by P-21 admitting he's uncomfortable around mares, and that his reasons are far more involved than Scotch's fears.
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:34 am

Scotch got her cutie mark from building stuff and presumably working with machines. I like the idea that she got over her fear by working through it unintentionally and maturing, if that's the case.

Also Glory being on the rag could explain weird behaviour among everyone.
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Scotch got her cutie mark from building stuff and presumably working with machines. I like the idea that she got over her fear by working through it unintentionally and maturing, if that's the case.

Also Glory being on the rag could explain weird behaviour among everyone.

Correction for you: Glory isn't on the rag yet, she's entering her most fertile state.
I don't know how MLP handles fertility, but its been stated she's coming into where she's most likely to conceive, so she's yet to be on the rag.
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:We had a kid come into our yard and stare at us through our window today. We asked him what he was doing, and where he had come from, but he didn't say anything, just smiled at us. It was honestly a bit creepy; kept waiting for his psychotic cannibal brother to show up. Anyway, he wandered off and seemed like he knew where he was going on. Kids are strange.

*gasps* Slenderboy!
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 pm

... And now I'm imagining "Slenderboy" as a remix / remake of the old Spiderman opening...

Slenderboy, slenderboy,
do's what'ver a Slenderman can
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:41 pm

He's always watching.
Spoiler:

And holy crap Derpmind, that's awesome! I definitely like the style.

Let's see if something else can be crammed into this post. Here's a song. While not about MLP, it does mention a pony, and now it's stuck in my head and plays whenever I read a PH recovery chapter.
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Derpmind wrote:So this happened.
For some reason reminds me of the music from Metal Slug boss fights.

I like it.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:29 am

Ever play Urban Slug? Loved it, but damn is it hard!
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:48 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:Ever play Urban Slug? Loved it, but damn is it hard!
this is the thread for story stuff only, general chat thread is here, just nipping this at the bud, fun game though
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:15 am

stringtheory wrote:
this is the thread for story stuff only, general chat thread is here, just nipping this at the bud, fun game though

My bad. Shy

So, anyone think we've seen the last of Luna's Guards? They could be a powerful ally if they can be convinced (presumably by Stygius) to aid Blackjack, especially against the Enclave.
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

My bad. Shy

So, anyone think we've seen the last of Luna's Guards? They could be a powerful ally if they can be convinced (presumably by Stygius) to aid Blackjack, especially against the Enclave.
we're pretty sure they'll come back for the super humongous epic final battle, along with everyone else Blackjack's made friends with
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:26 am

@Stringtheory
Final battle will have everyone you've seen so far that's still alive show up and fight.
Then everyone turns into tang radaway. Gainax Ending.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:45 am

I'm fine. Just trying to deal with stupid head and get some progress on 55. I don't like it... there's lots of stuff to get done but I down want to split it if I don't have to.

Also, thanks to everyone who donated. If it wasn't for you, I probably would be overdrawn right now. Hope to get the story out soon.
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Nikel on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Glad you are better. Don't force yourself though. Relax and have some fun or something. No need to work all the time.
Mister Nikel
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Actually armor only has a 90% chance to stop the first bullet. That drops to 40% for a second bullet, 20%, 5%, 0%. I believe those are the numbers, but I can't remember exactly what it was. And remember, she had Dragon Killer rounds.
That's only the case for ceramic strike plates. Metal armor and ballistic mesh like kevlar tends to be all-or-nothing -- it can either stop rounds from a particular gun, or it can't. At least, until the kevlar is sufficiently shredded that bullets can start finding weakened spots, but if you're still getting shot at by that point, you have other problems.

Sindri wrote:The Hague Convention of 1899 prohibits projectiles which flatten or expand easily in the body (or those which release asphyxiating or deleterious gases) but I don't believe any of them prohibit rounds designed to tumble. And if they did, any 5.7mm weapon like the P90 would be a war crime.
You're correct. I was misinformed. The actual case is that the Hague Convention of 1907 just vaguely prohibits "arms, projectiles, or material calculated to cause unnecessary suffering." (Sometimes rendered as "superfluous injury.") As a result, most signatory countries won't admit to deliberately designing bullets that tumble, but hey, if they happen to be dynamically unstable in a dense medium...

Sindri wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say dragonslayer rounds are probably HEAT (HEAD, I guess) or HESH. HEIAP is a possibility, but it's really designed for vehicles (and things that aren't immune to fire); it would be painful for a dragon but nowhere near lethal because it would barely get through their skin. DSAP would definitely penetrate, and might score a kill in the brain, but the hole is just too small to have any real stopping power.
I think you're getting a little confused. The talk about types of AP technologies was for the benefit of the scene where Psalm lists off the kinds of ammo her rifle can shoot and Somber accidentally included anachronistic "Armor Piercing" ammo. I'm not even going to speculate about Dragonkiller rounds, since they're almost certainly enchanted in some way. I'd think of them as the unicorn equivalent of match-grade hand-loads -- extremely expensive and time-consuming to produce, and therefore made only in limited quantities.

After all, needing to put a round into a brain through dragonhide and dragon bone is a pretty uncommon circumstance.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 pm

I still don't think it's anachronistic; the zebras developed armor piercing rounds which could penetrate the helmet of power armor, though not as well as the AM rifle, a few months after that. The ponies have all manner of fun specialized ammunition, in very limited quantities, and nothing so far indicates a time frame on their development.

Anyway, Match loads are significantly more accurate, and less likely to jam in the gun, but they don't actually do more damage or penetrate further. They're just finely crafted bullets instead of mass-produced crap. A high level sniper like Psalm would likely use them as her standard rounds, but a Dragonslayer bullet would almost certainly be something special even if it was just what we'd call standard armor piercing.
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:55 pm

Just been shown this.
Spoiler:
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:55 pm

I saw it earlier, and it got me thinking: did Fallout: Equestria have hookers? It seems like they'd fit the setting, but I can't remember any.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:06 pm

Icy Shake wrote:I saw it earlier, and it got me thinking: did Fallout: Equestria have hookers? It seems like they'd fit the setting, but I can't remember any.

I don't ever remember any scenes in the original where Littlepip had ever come across any.
I mean, it's likely there would have been some in Friendship City, however, never did she actually take note of any.
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Fillydelphia under control of Red Eye had slaves who were commonly raped by guards and other slaves. Might be some of them offered sex in exchange for protection, somewhat like prison gangs.
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Snipehamster on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:26 pm

Given a recent string of IRC conversations culminating in this one, it's become apparent that my opinions on PH and approach to editing have become a manifest threat to Somber's emotional and physical well-being.

For this reason I cannot in good conscience continue to provide honest feedback on PH.

My sincere apologies, and thanks, to all of you.

Edit: Linked the deal breaker.

Last edited by Snipehamster on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

Snipehamster
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Snipehamster wrote:Given a recent string of IRC conversations, it's become apparent that my opinions on PH and approach to editing have become a manifest threat to Somber's emotional and physical well-being.

For this reason I cannot in good conscience continue to provide honest feedback on PH.

This confuses me.
Sure, you've stated far more negatives than positives in your posted feedback for Project Horizons, but I figured you'd said most of this stuff to Somber before.

...I mean, I honestly have no clue how the editing process works between you four. Hinds seems to relay that most of what he does is correct spelling and grammar issues, as well as address any continuity or unclear sections with Somber's counsel, but I wasn't under the impression three editors were needed for that, particularly given how long your editing sessions take. Were the things you stated on here really things Somber'd never previously heard from you? Or is it just because you were stating them publicly?

...and does this mean you are no longer comfortable posting on here at all?

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Snipehamster on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:44 pm

swicked wrote:
Snipehamster wrote:Given a recent string of IRC conversations, it's become apparent that my opinions on PH and approach to editing have become a manifest threat to Somber's emotional and physical well-being.

This confuses me.
Sure, you've stated far more negatives than positives in your posted feedback for Project Horizons, but I figured you'd said most of this stuff to Somber before.

...I mean, I honestly have no clue how the editing process works between you four. Hinds seems to relay that most of what he does is correct spelling and grammar issues, as well as address any continuity or unclear sections with Somber's counsel, but I wasn't under the impression three editors were needed for that, particularly given how long your editing sessions take. Were the things you stated on here really things Somber'd never previously heard from you? Or is it just because you were stating them publicly?

...and does this mean you are no longer comfortable posting on here at all?
Some, though not all, of the criticisms posted here were addressed to Somber in the past, but I never received a response to the posts I made here. This is the result of a string of IRC conversations (in which I contacted Somber to voice concerns and suggestions), and in short I simply don't feel comfortable working with him any more. This is for both my sake and his.

I don't mind posting here (assuming I'm still welcome), but I won't be giving much, if any, feedback on new chapter releases for PH.

Last edited by Snipehamster on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

Snipehamster
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Oh dear. Um. I'm not really sure what to do about this...
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:50 pm

You're certainly still welcome, in my book. I just hope this isn't too harsh on the other editors' work, and/or Somber finds someone new he can trust to help with the job.

Your editing sessions have gone as long as eight hours, right? Seems to me like losing even one person could make that workload pretty insurmountable to take for three active college students.
(...actually, I can't remember if you all are in school, just that Hinds is and you're all around the same age, so... eh, whatever)

Edit:
He says he's thinking of giving up based on feedback he's gotten from a couple people. I seriously hope those 4channers didn't contribute to this.

Last edited by swicked on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Snipehamster on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:05 pm

swicked wrote:You're certainly still welcome, in my book. I just hope this isn't too harsh on the other editors' work, and/or Somber finds someone new he can trust to help with the job.

Your editing sessions have gone as long as eight hours, right? Seems to me like losing even one person could make that workload pretty insurmountable to take for three active college students.
(...actually, I can't remember if you all are in school, just that Hinds is and you're all around the same age, so... eh, whatever)
Oh, the editing sessions have been longer than that. My intention is not to make things harder for anyone, but I'm not going to commit to something if doing so risks driving someone to a public emotional breakdown and insinuations of suicide. Not getting involved with that, I'm afraid.

(As far as I know) Somber and I work full time. Hinds and Bro are students.

Snipehamster
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Mmmk. Short of any of the kind of advice I'd expect people are suggesting in the IRC (sleep on it, help with just this next chapter before quitting, reconsider, etc.) I don't think I have much else to say on this issue, particularly considering it's a personal thing.

I just want to clarify, though, that if I seemed to imply I thought your intention was to make things harder for anyone, I certainly didn't mean to.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top