Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+13
Fuzzy
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Orm
jacky2734
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Cptadder
Ketchup
RoboRed
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
17 posters

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 26 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Fuzzy Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:10 pm

So WG has goofed up on British stuff again.

A historian who plays and knows far more than I do looked at the new SPG line, specifically the FV207 (at tier 8) and the Conqueror GC (at tier 10). He went away, checked some records and came back.

They are the same damn vehicle.

WG really dropped the ball on this one. FV207 was the Conqueror SPG concept and neither even got a blueprint. (They planned a series, but it was never told to be concepted) Except WG has gone off and said they have blueprints when none exist and then put two made up tanks in there.

VJISNVTBRJINTUJHBHTRBNHFBVHVD!!!
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 26 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Well, at least, are they any good ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Well, they aren't released yet but the British arty, should they follow the Sexton anyway will end up as:

Pros:
 - Very large traverse arcs
 - High rate of fire

Cons:
 - Low damage
 - Small splash

The majority seem to have huge arcs, but the Sexton was broken in how awful it was in the test server. It just couldn't deal damage and even with a high rate of fire was too inaccurate to really make use of that DPM. In a way it's what I think artillery should be...but against the other nations and their "finger of God" style of play, it doesn't hold up.

*Rant mode on*

Also, it could have been so much better if they'd put in the Abbot.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 26 Abbot1

It's within the time period, it's very fast and it has a full 360 turret. This woulda made a steller high tier tank. Even though it's only got a 105mm gun, it would have been amped ammo stats due to its Cold War existance. (Entered service around the same time as the Leopard 1, if not before) But no, they go and just make stuff up because they couldn't be bothered to do basic research.

Same goes for the FV38 series. They haven't used the FV3802, the FV3806. They haven't used the Gun Carrier Mk1 (The very first SPG ever, a classic historical element!). They could have put the Yeramba in as the Tier 3 and had the Sexton as the premium still. There was so much they could do with this. Now very unlikely to ever be realised in the place of them creating non-existant tanks.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Plasticube wrote:you need to grind past the AMX 40 >.<

Spoiler:

...Or not...
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:59 am

Yeah, I had a brief look at the tankopedia article on the AMX-40, and on paper and for my inexperienced eyes, that thing doesn't look too bad. I mean, it has good speed, the armor is thin but not completely terrible, and if the gun seem a bit under-powered it also doesn't seem too weak. Though I suppose if it get the short end of the stick in matchmaking this may impact enjoyment quite a bit...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:18 am

Um...
the armor is thin but not completely terrible
Are we talking about the same tank? Because the AMX 40 has the thickest (glacis 70, sides 60) armor on its level after the Matilda, and it has a good angle.

the gun seem a bit under-powered
The short 75mm gun penetrates everything on its tier (except... well, the Matilda) for good damage.

it has good speed
Well... unfortunately, it also has an underpowered engine and can't achieve the slated top speed on level ground.

The thing about the AMX 40 is that it can absolutely dominate a fight where it's in the top tier.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:21 am

Ah, I see. I got cross-eyed it seems. Derpy Hooves 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:25 am

Hey, what the hell. I'm going in with French light tanks. Let's see where this takes me.

Currently grinding through the Tier 2 Hotchkiss. Not bad, pretty resilient. I like the 25mm canon, good penetration and rate of fire. Only regret is how slow it is which has for effect that by the time I get on the scene, either all the enemies or my allies have been destroyed (especially as the matchmaker keeps throwing me match after match in fucking Himmelsdorf), but heh, I hope the higher tiers will be worth it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:58 am

I assume you're on the EU server? Maybe Fuzzy would play with you.

Since playing back in beta(that was a long time ago, now that I think about it...) I've grown to like Himmelsdorf. Of course, when I'm in an SPG it's usually not fun, or when I'm in my higher-tiered vehicles where it's hit-and-miss depending on how many T10s are on each team, with anything else I love it. Especially the Cromwell or Panzer 1.
Perhaps it's because there's options on where to go, unlike Malinovka, where you have to go one way unless you can convince most of the team to rush the field and stop camping the base. It's awesome when it works, catastrophically terrible when it doesn't.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:53 am

The problem isn't Himmelsdorf in itself. The problem is the matchmaker putting me on the same map four or five times in a row.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:27 am

Lower tiers are restricted to only a few maps, once you start getting higher tier tanks you'll see more maps.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:39 am

So basically they do everything in their power so that people will never want to get back to the lower tier tanks once they get to the good stuff ? /rhetorical question
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:42 am

Well, it certainly isn't working on me. I enjoy a good run around on my PzIII every so often, and sometimes my PzIIIA.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:05 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:So basically they do everything in their power so that people will never want to get back to the lower tier tanks once they get to the good stuff ? /rhetorical question

The early maps are unthinkably awful. Province is the stand out worst map in the entire game by a longshot.

I'm not sure on the reasons for the restrictions maybe. Perhaps the other ones are considered too "complex" for new players, the low tier maps do tend to focus on bringing people into "common" war areas as opposed to the ones where you can make long outflanks.

I'm on EU, but the lowest I have is Tier 3 (Pz. 1 .C) although I am contemplating getting some more slots to get earlier tanks that will let me play with more new players as they are introduced and help them along.

Also, in the news...

- Researchable hulls (For extra armour plating and stuff) is said to be coming "surprisingly soon." This will allow tanks to take alternate side skirts and thickened plates they currently can't, such as the Churchill, the Pz 4 sideskirts and suchlike.

- With the introduction of researchable hulls, GW Tiger P won’t become an optional hull for GW Tiger, because otherwise there would be a hole in the respective tier

- IF the E-50 tanks are unified (definitely not sure), E50M will simply become a hull option for the E50

- there is an idea (SerB emphasizes, just an idea) to actually push the E-50 to tier 10 (and to unify its hull with E50M) and make the “Turbopanther” a new tier 9 (SS: apparently a GT101-equipped Panther is meant – for those who don’t know, GT101 is a JET turbine, hehe)

- premium tier 8 Centurion is highly unlikely

- basically, if I understood this comment correctly, SerB thinks that the Gaijin’s plan for War Thunder to unify ships, tanks and airplanes on one map is BS.

- if Sturmpanzer Bär was introduced into the game (SS: SerB emphasized the “IF“), it would most likely be a part of Sturmtiger’s branch (Pic of tank below, 305mm SPG!) SS: Sturmpanzer Bär was a superheavy (120t) 1943 self-propelled mortar project,armed with a 305mm mortar. The project was basically rendered obsolete by the Sturmtiger project and cancelled. This is how it would have looked:

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 26 P1

- lowtier tanks, previously leaked from supertest (such as AMR P103, LTP etc.) won’t be introduced at once, but at different times for each

- JagdChieftain (Pictured below) (CTR) in WoT? “No comment”
Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 26 Cb3ad719cc57

(Historical note from me? The JagdChieftain was actually built eventually in the 70's, but the designs were from much earlier and its components are all 60's anyway, aside from an intended composite hull. However the prototype only used steel so no worries for game mechanics. I WANT THIS)

- SerB states that while the statistics are yet to show, arties are unlikely to be directly buffed. Instead, devs have ideas about some new artillery gameplay elements, which would raise the arty effectivity, but the concept is not finalized yet.

- Russian players started massive whining about the T-44 being underpowered after 0.8.6, it was dismissed as… well, whining. (Wow)

- StuG IV in WoT? “No comment”

- SerB wants to have a close look at Churchill GC and reduce its tier by 1 (It needs it)

- Japanese top arty will apparently have a short range 300mm caliber gun, Chinese top arty has not been found yet

New Russian tree for 8.8

Tier 6 – A-43
Tier 7 – A-44
Tier 8 – Object 416
Tier 9 – ???
Tier 10 – Object 430

However, as stated earlier by Storm or SerB, it’s possible the T-44-122 will fill in the branch at tier 7. Does that mean there will be two tier 7 tanks, or is the A-44 getting scrapped? Or perhaps kicked up to tier 8? I don’t know.

And finally for some humour, whoever made the Leopard 1 wallpaper derped up on his photograph using.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/mzo3.jpg

As usual, "For the Record" is to thank for all this. Wonderful site.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Eight kills in the Panzer 1C. It was glorious.
Spoiler:
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm

World of Warplanes has entered open testing. Just FYI.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 pm

Valikdu wrote:World of Warplanes has entered open testing. Just FYI.

...and it's still awful.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Fuzzy wrote:- if Sturmpanzer Bär was introduced into the game (SS: SerB emphasized the “IF“), it would most likely be a part of Sturmtiger’s branch (Pic of tank below, 305mm SPG!) SS: Sturmpanzer Bär was a superheavy (120t) 1943 self-propelled mortar project,armed with a 305mm mortar. The project was basically rendered obsolete by the Sturmtiger project and cancelled. This is how it would have looked:

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 26 P1
That...is a big fucking gun.

Last edited by RoboRed on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Vergil wrote:
Valikdu wrote:World of Warplanes has entered open testing. Just FYI.

...and it's still awful.

*shrug* I kinda like it.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Try War Thunder.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:25 pm

As a better or worse experience ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Is it just me, is does the Chiefy seem to be a favorite for crushing things?
do yourselves a favor and skip to about 21:10:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Well, I tried WoWP and it just seems inferior in every way to War Thunder.

Graphics seem much less advanced. The controls are less intuitive/responsive/realistic, even in Arcade mode in War Thunder, which is still quite realistic but it helps you a little. Guns are simply ridiculously inaccurate whereas they fire in straight lines with some dispersion in WT when mounted on the aircraft and have more spread when gunners are involved. And simply, there's more to WT in general(ground attack, landing for repair/rearm/capture, bombers, etc.). 
Just wasn't any fun for me.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:As a better or worse experience ?

Better by several orders of magnitude. WoWp is, to be quite honest, doomed.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:41 pm

I'll just ask the obvious question, then :

When are we going to see "World of Warships" (or the War Thunder equivalent) ?

I want to see how quick they can run into the ground the idea of having people do WW2 fleet battles and make it suck.

War Thunder would have the advantage that you could organically grow Carrier Warfare into it. Like, it could be a "ocean" map for high-tiered ships (battleships, carriers, cruisers, subs), with the aircrafts being carrier-based only, and the carrier(s) serving as an airbase - only here the goal would be to sink the enemy carrier instead of trying to capture it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:54 pm

War Thunder is already released. It has been for some time, and has been in development for a longer time.
Yeah, it's supposed to be beta, but the cash shop works already, that means release.

WoWP is in testing. And WG wants their game to be competitive, so they'll have to make improvements. That's what testing is for.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:47 pm

As Jingles pointed out, WG is on the back foot as far as Warplanes goes, since Gajin has been making hugely popular flight games like Il-2 for a while.
That being said, I got to tier 7 in the closed beta for warplanes despite abyssmal numbers of players and got bored of War Thunder in a few days.

It's very much a case of apples and oranges really.

Harmony are you on the EU server? I could give you a hand grinding for stuff.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:27 am

Well, I've started work on my Guardian Tank voice mod. Main problem though is even with all the sound files from the tank in the game's tutorial, I can't get anything that can clearly be used to point out stuff for specifically damaged modules or crew members. I'll just have to make do.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:31 am

hawkeye92 wrote:Gajin has been making (...) Il-2

I think that it needs to be pointed out that they did not make the original Il-2 or its add-ons... just the multi-platform version with newer graphics.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:59 am

hawkeye92 wrote:Harmony are you on the EU server? I could give you a hand grinding for stuff.
Yeah, EU servers. Though to be honest I play extremely irregularly and as it takes me, so it might be difficult to organize anything.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next