Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+13
Fuzzy
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Orm
jacky2734
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Cptadder
Ketchup
RoboRed
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
17 posters

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 14 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by RoboRed Fri May 10, 2013 11:30 am

Mmmyesssindeeeeed...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 14 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by hawkeye92 Fri May 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Fuzzy wrote:And this is why I love the Cromwell and Matilda. One allows you to be the one who decides on the pace and flow of the battle as a speedy little cheeky tank and the other reminds us all why the Tilly is indeed the Queen of the Desert.

These are likely my two best games of recent times.

Cromwell Game (Game went weird as it started, hence my doing nothing for the first 20 seconds or so)

Matilda Game

Edit - Fixed em to work.
I got my Tank Ace badge in my Matilda in pretty much the same situation, except that I started on the other side of the map and I held the bottom of their side of the slope against all comers. I only got four kills but everything I was fighting could hurt me badly so I couldn't be agressive. Then the rest of the team came down and I got left behind.
I can't get the Cromwell's speed to really work for me. I had my luckiest game ever in the Cromwell and scored nine kills (I recorded the replay as a video so I still have access after the new versions have been released), but in that game I killed two low tier people and was almost completely destroyed, then luck swooped in and I took no less than half a dozen hits that by rights should have killed me but they didn't, allowing me to murder everything in my path. There was some skill involved but much less than should have been.

Also, over the weekend on the EU server there is an amazing special- time to stock up on consumables and equipment, garage slots, retraining, money off tier eight tech tree tanks and also 50% off tier 5 and below premium tanks, so if you want a couple of crew training tanks for about £6 now's the time. I'll probably pick up the Matilda BP over the weekend. It has its flaws but I've also heard some good things about it. Also it will probably be a more effective trainer than the TOG for my medium crews (since it doesn't suffer from a -18 crew handling skill and remove skills and perks).
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Broke down and bought the Super Pershing. It's on sale anyways, and I had a few matches with it on the test server and had fun.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri May 10, 2013 10:22 pm

RoboRed wrote:Broke down and bought the Super Pershing. It's on sale anyways, and I had a few matches with it on the test server and had fun.

It's a pretty fantastic money maker. I don't think you made a bad decision.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri May 10, 2013 10:37 pm

And now I can join people for tier 8 matches! Twilight Sparkle
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri May 10, 2013 11:13 pm

I no longer have any tier-8 vehicles(finally), just three nines, though the M103 usually gets lower-end matches.

The Super seems alright for a premium tank. Absorbs a lot of frontal punishment from rather powerful guns, like the first 120 for the M103. That gun is awesome, but it can also mount the tier ten cannon.

I'd also like to note that tier 6 was ruined for me by the fact that everyone and their dog's dog has a Hellcat. The E2 doesn't have armour superiority anymore and when they redid HE effects it became rather impotent already, with its credit earning nerf, it's not profitable anyway.
I do enjoy the Crommy, though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri May 10, 2013 11:28 pm

For any who are interested to see, I did a writeup indexing every single British used tank in appliable history for WoT that isn't yet in the game for submission to WG through The Challenger (their British military advisor).

I also posted it on the EU forums.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/244926-british-tank-index-of-potential-vehicles/

Lots of interesting stuff if you ever wanted a look.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat May 11, 2013 5:37 am

That's a great list. I like it.

Although, not sure if the Independent needs to be there at all. Its main feature is 360-deg coverage with MG turrets; without these, it's just a slow-moving and not really well-armed and armored target. Unless you intend for it to be introduced sometime in the far future, with turrets upgraded to heavy MGs. And tier-locked to never appear in fights greater than T4, like the Pz. B2.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sat May 11, 2013 10:38 am

Valikdu wrote:That's a great list. I like it.

Although, not sure if the Independent needs to be there at all. Its main feature is 360-deg coverage with MG turrets; without these, it's just a slow-moving and not really well-armed and armored target. Unless you intend for it to be introduced sometime in the far future, with turrets upgraded to heavy MGs. And tier-locked to never appear in fights greater than T4, like the Pz. B2.

The primary purpose is the indexing of all potentially viable ones, effective or not really. The Independant is a very strange contraption even in reality, but a low tier heavy with the QF 3-Pounder is viable in some manner, perhaps even to tier 2 given it does have a tier 1 gun as it's primary element. It was mostly to get it identified and listed.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun May 12, 2013 11:59 am

So, fun story. Take a look at the photo that the Chieftain just posted: http://worldoftanks.com/news/2316-help-wanted-washington-dc-area/

That's me in the red shirt.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun May 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Hah, sweet.

In other news regarding WG...

- regarding the FV215b heavy tank replacement: "We haven't found other suitable heavy tank"

I...I just...I don't even but...argh there's...JUST ARGH WHAT I CAN'T EVEN...

I am flailing hard.

- apparently there is an alternative to the FV215b 183 TD, "no comment"

Yes, it's called the FV4005 Conway Stage 2. We told them about this over a year ago. Only it doesn't fit into the tech tree without turreted TD's first and the FV215b 183 is fine as it is anyway. It's that 120 version abomination that needs replaced and they say they can't find a...arrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhh!

It's like they don't even understand tank history unless it has a red star on it. And even then only their fantasy version of it.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun May 12, 2013 6:09 pm

A couple vids: Jingles showcasing people being complete derps on Erlenberg (hilarious), and a Leopard 2 being awesome.
Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun May 12, 2013 10:50 pm

This 5x weekend is horrendous. I've not made more than 2k in a match yet so far as I can remember. Other than one in the Matilda. (So not where it MATTERS)
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon May 13, 2013 1:27 am

I finally have an AMX 50 120.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon May 13, 2013 1:36 am

Some asshole called out for me to be reported because I couldn't kill a VK3601 and he did more damage than I did before I got blown to smithereens.. Then proceeded to berate me for "lack of skill".

Thank god for the ignore feature but seriously, the nerve.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon May 13, 2013 12:22 pm

- according to SerB, the British didn't have any turretless TD bigger
than Tortoise, so the replacement of FV215b (183) and its transfer to
the turret TD branch won't happen

JAGDCHIEFTAIN

But in better news...

In 0.8.6, 105mm HEAT shells (Panzer IV, Sherman) get a bad pen nerf
(from 150 to roughly 104 pen), unless they keep "special" heat shells
for arty (unlikely, it's not like that now). Bye bye T5 derp.

Finally. That is very good news. The blog also reports arty ROF is to fall dramatically. Perhaps to about 1.5 per minute in many cases. This is good news beyond thought.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon May 13, 2013 1:55 pm

I almost wet myself when I heard about the 105 HEAT nerf.

Robo, from the little I was able to play this past weekend it seemed like all the 12-year old CoD kiddies were on. I say that because the smack talk, while more abundant than usual, wasn't even very good.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue May 14, 2013 3:00 am

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 14 376934_376027459167795_2140479035_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Plasticube Tue May 14, 2013 5:16 am

lemme give it a go
Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 14 Duck10

Plasticube
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue May 14, 2013 8:50 am

Absolutely classic. XD
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed May 15, 2013 1:43 pm

Holy crap, this was one hell of a slaughter:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed May 15, 2013 2:52 pm

New camos coming in 8.6 for all nations...except the British.

Also in 8.6, tier 10 guns will almost all recieve penetration nerfs...except most of the Russian ones. Canny players have noticed the penetration loss makes the IS-7's frontal armour about 30% more effective in general due to making it into an orange target instead of a green from more angles.

British L1A1 120mm gun is recieving a penetration nerf too. Given that penetration is all it has...

Lastly, final confirmation that British arty won't come in 8.6 despite being "pretty much done" according to Serb.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed May 15, 2013 2:58 pm

The IS-7 is trash right now and needs the buff

Tier 10 tanks have way too much pen as it is right now anyway
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed May 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Vergil wrote:The IS-7 is trash right now and needs the buff

When it can already bounce almost anything in the entire game from its frontal armour, it really doesn't need this additional buff. With the changes the way they are being said to happen from the supertesters, it'll be able to resist an L7 105mm AP round head on. That in itself is downright wrong. But more particularly, it's the L1A1 120mm recieving a pen nerf to be lower than an L7 that makes no sense in the slightest. That was the entire purpose of the Conqueror, to take on that which the L7 could not handle. It was a designated heavy armour penetrator gun for a heavy tank hunter.

In general, the changes are just majorly affecting everyone except the Russians yet again. After the IS-7's max speed buff last patch, it's only making it more and more obvious how biased WG truly is here. They'll unnessesarily buff the IS-7 to be "historically correct" but then nerf everyone elses guns to historically inaccurate levels then claim "Balance!"
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed May 15, 2013 4:18 pm

The only way any of my 105 guns from the Patton/T32 have penetrated the frontal armour of an IS-7 is when perfectly angled...
Oh wait, never mind, I never have, that's the IS-3. That changed with the 120 mounted on the M103, thankfully.
But, point is, it's already a very tough tank.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed May 15, 2013 4:55 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
Vergil wrote:The IS-7 is trash right now and needs the buff

When it can already bounce almost anything in the entire game from its frontal armour-

The IS-7's front armor is garbage right now as anyone with gold can pen it no problem unless they're face hugging it.

Pike armor is a crappy scheme for the game right now, which is why the IS-3 and IS-8 haven't been doing too well anymore either.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Wed May 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Vergil wrote:
The IS-7's front armor is garbage right now as anyone with gold can pen it no problem unless they're face hugging it.

Welcome to the game everyone else has to play. Except that the IS-7 can bounce gold rounds facehugging people. Most tanks can't even do that. I have never penetrated an Is-7 even with a 250pen gun at any angle so I don't know where 'it's crap' comes from.

I'd like to know how much pen the L7 is losing. It might make the Centurion 7 from one of the best tier nines to being one of, if not the, worst. Oh and the tier ten medium even more garbage than it already is.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed May 15, 2013 6:26 pm

hawkeye92 wrote:
Vergil wrote:

Welcome to the game everyone else has to play. Except that the IS-7 can bounce gold rounds facehugging people. Most tanks can't even do that. I have never penetrated an Is-7 even with a 250pen gun at any angle so I don't know where 'it's crap' comes from.

I'd like to know how much pen the L7 is losing. It might make the Centurion 7 from one of the best tier nines to being one of, if not the, worst. Oh and the tier ten medium even more garbage than it already is.

I don't nor have I ever owned an IS-7. The front of the tank uses "pike" armor, meaning if you're anywhere from a 10-30 degree angle from head-on, you have a flat piece of armor facing you that's only about 150mm. I was just forced against an IS-7 a few games ago in my caern head-on and I penned him four times straight through the lower glacis to kill him with standard ap.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed May 15, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as kind of a douche here, that's not at all my intention. The fact that I'm sick as a dog probably isn't helping me though.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed May 15, 2013 7:08 pm

It's fine, I wasn't taking it like that at all, no worries man. :p I go on a little ramble here as well, after the first paragraph or so, it's not directed anywhere but just as a discussion of design. xD

That's kinda what I mean though, this change in penetration will be affecting that pike armour to ensure it loses its angle weakness. The L7, by all rights, should not be a gun to give any damns where it hits given that its penetration is literally all it has going for it in an RNG game. The amount of times I've been playing Tier 10 on someone else's account (over at his house, not dodgy logging in!) with his FV4202 and I've found IS-7's just trundling forward in platoons dinging absolutely everything that comes their way from any other nation. 'Russian Deflector Screens' I've heard it called.

Not they're getting more armour that they by all rights don't need, given they already have great speed for a heavy, good HP, tough modules and a decent gun. I dunno, I just feel that there's a huge oddity in tank "balancing" going on.

WG points at the IS-3 with its great gun, awesome armour, great speed and large HP pool and goes "Oh its weakness is that is aims slowly and has a little less depression than normal." (Which is arguable at best)

Yet then they'll point at say, the AT-7. Which has pants armour, a traverse so tiny it can't aim anywhere, 20km max with no real momentum, turns so slowly even heavies can circle strafe it and whos gun really isn't that respectable for a tank destroyer, dies in one shot to most arty and requires an enemy to sit still and do nothing to lets its DPM gun rack up damage because if they move, you can't follow them with the tiny traverse. But WG will say "But it's got an odd mounted gun that around left hand corners lets it hide a little better"

And that's supposed to be its big thing.

That's what I mean by double standards. With Russian tanks, their weaknesses are the exception. The one thing out of a steller tank that others have to work to exploit.

With almost every other nation, it's the strengths that are the exceptional thing that rely on the player to use to get anywhere, with everything else being a weakness.

It's an inverted design scheme.

The real result is that I find tanks like the Soviet line are very proactive. You see one and it changes the area its in. They get to have their many advantages and actually use them to have fun playing with said advantages.

Other nations have to play reactively, covering their own weaknesses to get anywhere. That just isn't right. it's positive play against negative play. I feel dead ranty lately on it but it's only as my experience in this game grows that I start to notice more and more that desperately needs to get fixed. It's gotten so bad that a group of British gamers are actually laisioning with WG's military advisor to arrange a meet at Bovington to check the Fv4202 to prove that it has a mantlet, something WG says it doesn't.

The_Challenger says it has one. Bovington says it has one. The players know it had one. But WG refuses to believe it. Their bad design has gone so wrong that players are actually having to get rulers out and go look at the prototype themselves to show them.

Also, for the tank buffs, the FV4202 does indeed have a mantlet, just WG admitted they only looked at a photo of the FV4202 before designing its stats. No, I'm not kidding.

See, the mantlet on the FV4202 is an internal mantlet, as it was the Chieftain design tester platform. So it's not visible on the outside. The upside if this gets proven is that the FV4202 in game will actually be able to bounce anything at all on its turret, like the Centurions normally do.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next