Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+13
Fuzzy
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Orm
jacky2734
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Cptadder
Ketchup
RoboRed
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
17 posters

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 8 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Ketchup Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:17 am

The Cromwell is a very fun tank to play. Very fast, reasonable firepower even with the 6 pounder. Armor is negligible, but that's not new. It plays a lot like the E8 Sherman, and it's making me realize how much I miss playing it.

Funny, my account creation date shows yesterday, in 2011, not during the beta.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 8 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Fuzzy Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:54 am

Cromwell is a great tank, probably the onle British one I've played that I completely love in all respects. It's kinda strange that it's a tier 6 (It was designed as a kind of Sherman, T-34, Panzer IV idea tank, just focussed more on speed than armour) but I can deal with it.

It's one of the few tanks when rate of fire really matters, given it engages on it's conditions. You can't peekaboo a Cromwell to negate its DPM. It'll just run away and come back later.

Besides, you can't say no to that top speed. Probably the best weight to speed ratio in the game. I usually like to hang around the middle and plug gaps or exploit holes to make an artillery run. Of particular note though, a Cromwell with top engine and tracks can actually out turn a Hellcat's turret even when he's traversing. Very handy!
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:57 am

Yeah, I'm enjoying the Vickers HV, it's quite decent. Combined with mobility, damage can be done against tier 7 tanks despite the odds of destruction.

The one gripe I really have about the Cromwell is that the ammo rack gets hit all the friggin' time. More frequent than any other tank I've used, for sure. It rarely explodes, but DPM suffers. Last game I played in it a Lee hit me twice in a row on the ammo rack, destroying it. Other modules are tough, track is rarely hit and crew usually survives hits.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 am

Ketchup wrote:
The one gripe I really have about the Cromwell is that the ammo rack gets hit all the friggin' time. More frequent than any other tank I've used, for sure. It rarely explodes, but DPM suffers. Last game I played in it a Lee hit me twice in a row on the ammo rack, destroying it. Other modules are tough, track is rarely hit and crew usually survives hits.
You've seen nothing yet, mate. Just wait until you hit the Caevernon or the Centurion.
I remember being ammoracked only very rarely in my Cromwell.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:45 am

I need to know where this ammo rack is. Cromwells have been giving me such hell in matchmaking lately.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:43 am

Ketchup wrote:Yeah, I'm enjoying the Vickers HV, it's quite decent. Combined with mobility, damage can be done against tier 7 tanks despite the odds of destruction.

The horrifying thing is that the Cromwell is one of the stronger ammo racks in WoT for the British. WG has implemented some sort of hidden stat for sure that weakens British ammo racks and all other modules more than any nations for sure. The Cromwell in particular has incredibly weak tracks that come off if you so much as hit a bump.

The Centurion and Caernarvon's ammo racks are an absolute joke behind measure. They are in the incorrect historical location behind a completely unarmoured (also inaccurate) frontal glacis with barely any durability at all. It's the biggest problem against those tanks that utterly cripples them, given rate of fire is the only thing British tanks have that defines them.

So unfortunately, it's only going to get worse. =/
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:45 am

Eh, you learn to live with it. As far as the Crommy is concerned I think all you can really do is carry a repair kit and not get shot if you can help it. I'll be honest though, I don't even know where the rack on that thing is.

EDIT: Also Fuzzy I made the mistake of watching WG's livestream of the Battle of Berlin group stage last week and nearly flipped my desk when one of the commentators continually used the term "clipping" in reference to an autoloader reloading its drum.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:17 am

Well, I ragequit after a load of Tier 5 games today. The only tier 5's I have that aren't premium are the pz IV which I'm not sure why I still have it because it really is that much of a joke and the Churchill I, a tank put anywhere outside of a city and it'll get kicked to death trying to crest a tiny hill because its' gun depression really is that bad.
My platoon mate was using a KV-1 and a T-34 and did swimmingly which didn't help my mood.
Unfortunately I ended up raging in chat, which doesn't help anyone.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:38 am

Fuzzy wrote:
The horrifying thing is that the Cromwell is one of the stronger ammo racks in WoT for the British. WG has implemented some sort of hidden stat for sure that weakens British ammo racks and all other modules more than any nations for sure. The Cromwell in particular has incredibly weak tracks that come off if you so much as hit a bump.
it's just the ammo rack for me, occasionally the engine, and only a few times for the tracks. Never caught fire, but there was the one time I penetrated the front of a Panther 2 and lit it on fire for 555 damage. The Cromwell maintains a historical advantage over the Sherman in having a low silhouette, so you can dodge shells with it.
Fuzzy wrote:The Centurion and Caernarvon's ammo racks are an absolute joke behind measure. They are in the incorrect historical location behind a completely unarmoured (also inaccurate) frontal glacis with barely any durability at all. It's the biggest problem against those tanks that utterly cripples them, given rate of fire is the only thing British tanks have that defines them.
I'm used to having squishy tanks, all American mediums that aren't the E2 suffer from armour that isn't thick or sloped(Seriously, it's the best armoured American tank until the T29 from experience). I've yet to try the M48 Patton, but it does have some armour protection on it's hull because it can bounce the M46's cannon.

I'm not planning on moving to the Comet any time soon. It looks absolutely terrible, with a gun upgrade with no change in armor or speed, like going through the T20 or M6(shudder) all over again.
I'll be going for the M103 first, which I have now researched. Finally, some hull armour.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Ketchup wrote:It's just the ammo rack for me, occasionally the engine, and only a few times for the tracks. Never caught fire, but there was the one time I penetrated the front of a Panther 2 and lit it on fire for 555 damage. The Cromwell maintains a historical advantage over the Sherman in having a low silhouette, so you can dodge shells with it.

Yeah, WG decided that all German tanks can be set on fire from the front at late tiers. You see they had their engine at the front in the layout like that in many cases, but that didn't mean they caught fire from there. WG just designed the game that way to make it happen...despite German tanks not working that way at all. If anything they were the best at fire prevention on account of their fuel storage technology no-one else in the world could match. (It's called a Jerry Can for a reason, that was perhaps the single most important thing the German's invented in that war)

I'm used to having squishy tanks, all American mediums that aren't the E2 suffer from armour that isn't thick or sloped(Seriously, it's the best armoured American tank until the T29 from experience). I've yet to try the M48 Patton, but it does have some armour protection on it's hull because it can bounce the M46's cannon.

Believe me, those things are IS-7's in comparison to the Caernarvon and Centurion. if you aren't in a picture perfect spot of the map to have the perfect angle at the perfect time against the perfect enemy angle and the enemy doesn't know weakpoints and isn't using gold ammo and doesn't have maxed guns and isn't above tier 7...then they don't even have a chance of bouncing or absorbing. You just get eaten. The Caernarvon has 51mm on its sides for crying out loud. On a tier 8 heavy.

Caernarvon has been the worst tank I've ever played for sure. It's got a tragically bad turn rate, slow hill climbing (even though the Conqueror hill it uses was lauded for its hill abilities in real life) zero armour, a terrible gun and modules easier to hit than any tank in the game. Not to mention it auto-dies if any tier 5 arty hits it.

Other tanks have their advantages to use and exploit the enemy with. Those two British tanks' entire playstyles are about compensating for their own weaknesses. It's a reactive and negative playstyle rather than a proactive and positive one by design. It makes British tank design look like it was to be driven by second line cowards, not the pioneering aggressive force it was. yes, British tank designs had their problems in WW2 but the way they used them and the way they created some elements were absolutely world beating. Panthers and Tigers just stopped dead against the Firefly and the Centurion literally changed the world in tank natures. Second line supporters is not how the British armour worked...

Bit of a history rant there.

I'm not planning on moving to the Comet any time soon. It looks absolutely terrible, with a gun upgrade with no change in armor or speed, like going through the T20 or M6(shudder) all over again.
I'll be going for the M103 first, which I have now researched. Finally, some hull armour.

The Comet has a bit more armour on the turret. Emphasis on "a bit." It's speed is vastly lower, as is its agility. It's not a Cromwell at all, it's more a sniper with depression and an angled turret. Unfortunately the gun doesn't match this playstyle. Despite being the 77mm gun (which was so very close to the 17 pounder in power that they are often mistaken as the same gun) the one in WoT only has 5 more damage or something than the 75mm and that's it. It's not bad in a wolf pack but overall it's definitely not a battleswinger with its pitiful damage output and sluggish armour to speed ratio.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:34 pm

Fuzzy wrote:Yeah, WG decided that all German tanks can be set on fire from the front at late tiers. You see they had their engine at the front in the layout like that in many cases, but that didn't mean they caught fire from there.

Well, their transmission is in the front. The game counts it as part of the engine.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Let me take this chance to rant about my favorite rant the American TD tree from Tier VI to Tier VII.

Tier VI you have the Hellcat and Jackson in the TD line. The Hellcat is fast, agile (Not as agile as it was historically) and hard hitting. The Jackson is not as fast or as agile but decently armored and it's hull shape makes it bouncy, even right on you'll deflect shots that should go right through the same level of armor on a Panzer IV.

But then comes Tier VII... where your choice is either a turretless TD with half the armor of other tier VII's or the T25/2 which is.....

A hellcat with twice as much armor in exchange for half as much speed, the same gun and worse match making. In other words a T25/2 in all regards is a.... Tier VI Jackson.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:33 pm

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Haha I love that skit.

Artillery ain't always helpless. Knocked out three advancing on my teammates, and two more in direct-fire mode when they tried to rush my position. Roid Rage
Spoiler:
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Fucking.
Worthless.
Matchmaking.
Teams.
Scootaloo
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Lolwat: http://derpibooru.org/81688?scope=scpe3078d06501f75ba68a88372131de6a7885183789
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Russians.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Vergil wrote:Russians.

Germans: http://derpibooru.org/208734?scope=scped8966d13248a1b32cc298266113b78c60e6aeeec

And random: https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img689/4720/cutetank.jpg
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Needs more Jagdpanther for the Germans imo

8.5 is confirmed for the Russians on Thursday by the way, US will likely get it next Tuesday
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Must...grind...PzIII/IV...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:32 pm

If I can ever play without being vacuumed into a clan platoon I'd be willing to help you out
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:04 pm

I'll see what I can do. Depends on how much work I can crank out on my programming assignments this week, among other things.

You have an account on the NA server, don't you?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Yessir, Vergil118
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Alright. I'll add you when I get off work, and we'll game when I can.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:54 pm

What the hell is wrong with people? Three of us on the enemy flag. It's almost to 90, and the artillery trying to hit us just missed. The enemy is on our flag, and it's at 20. Then one of my teammates speeds out of the cap to hunt down the arty, resetting the clock and causing us to lose. We were no more than ten seconds from victory, just as long as it would take the arty to reload, if not quicker.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:48 pm

The woes of matchmaking...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:13 pm

I believe the proper term for those people is "pubtards"
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Jingles has a variety of colorful nomenclature for them. Spike

I'm up for a few rounds if you are.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:25 pm

RoboRed wrote:Jingles has a variety of colorful nomenclature for them. Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 8 779695502

I'm up for a few rounds if you are.

Going to have to wait for tomorrow at least I'm afraid. Just walked in the door from a 50 minute presentation and I need to be at work at 6:30 tomorrow.

Also thank you for turning me on to this Jingles guy, he's pretty much got the exact same opinions as me.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Also, remind me, which tier are you working on again?
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next