Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+13
Fuzzy
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Orm
jacky2734
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Cptadder
Ketchup
RoboRed
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
17 posters

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 9 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by RoboRed Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:28 pm

I'm primarily trying to grind though my Tier 5 Panzer III/IV, but I'm also working on my T49, AT2, and JagdPanzerIV.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 9 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Vergil Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Alrighty. I'm actually grinding the account of a friend of mine who is currently deployed as well; one of the tanks I'm working on is an M6 that I plan to finish with tomorrow. We'll have something that'll work.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:38 pm

Unfortunately, I won't be available until maybe Thursday next.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Alrighty, I'll be around. I usually am in the evenings, Tuesdays are just bad.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:08 am

choo-choo:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Hey man that AT-2 has to get to the front somehow!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Sad thing is, it's speed-limited and we can't push it more than ~24 kmh. Even if that line-up happens.

Didn't expect it to happen either. I was just helping out Bug, then the M4 decided to push me, then Pin started pushing the M4 for the lulz, then that other Cruiser decided "...what the hell" and stated pushing Pin.

There's another PzIII/IV pushing an AMX in that pic, too. So we weren't the only train. Applebloom
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Neato

shame about the speed governor though- the T28/T95/Churchills/TOG are the same way from what I remember.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Yeah. Pin always joked that his TOG was so slow and speed-limited, that it wouldn't even go faster than its limited speed even when falling under the force of gravity. Applebloom
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Pretty much. The really sad thing is people often try to help push the damn thing and just end up hurting themselves.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Yep. About the only thing you can do for/with the TOG is back it up, keep it from getting flanked, and use it as moving cover.

TOG is best moving cover.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:50 pm

As a TOG veteran, and someone who had many of those Tier 5 heavy American premiums push one it is limited to literally one or two kph above what you'll get out of it with the engine, unlike the churchill III which can be quite quick with enough behind it (forming the legendary battleship formation).
If you're using the TOG as mobile cover, you're doing it wrong. Your job is to protect the TOG's flanks and act as its eyes and ears, spotting hazards or targets ahead so that the TOG can either move to avoid the danger or start killing things. The hitpoint sink might work for a very short brawl but with its armour unless its' put into a mainly tier four game it isn't going to do much (even then, it's mainly the tier 4's low damage more than anything).
The TOG is an amazing sniper and easily capable of doing a phenomenal amount of damage but you have to play it right and be properly supported.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:30 pm

So, I was punting in a game for my VK3601(H) readying up the crew for the jump into the Leopard tree instead. Heading along a bridge route, killed a Hetzer then an M4 with fair ease. Spy a KV-1 on the bridge and nail him as well.

"Great, keep pushing team!"

The T14 and Jagdpanzer IV with me do just that and rush across the bridge ahead while I cover them. I decide to let the AMX-40 go in front so we stay better as a team and not leave him behind.

Then I see him...topple. He half falls off the traintracks and wedges on the bright. I move to help...and promptly fall into the same trap.

https://i.imgur.com/TJPUuoD.jpg

Cue the chat cries of "BRIDGE IS TRAP" "BRIDGE IS SECRET ENEMY WEAPON!" from the entire team who passes by us. We spend the rest of the game fumbling around on the spot until finally, finally I get a track to the floor and reverse off the bridge. Returning to aid my companion whom I have forged such a bond in equal peril with, I start pushing him to get his tracks on. Unfortunately he is wedged tight. There is no other alternative.

"This may hurt."

"What?"

Shoved him off the bridge. AMX-40 did a damn flip near enough and landed on his side...rocked...and came to his broken tracks with a few % of health left.

"I LIVE!"

"ONWARD COMRADE DUCK TANK!"

We moved on to victory, the enemy remaining forces not having thought to spot us. (While they were losing hard they were in our area and still a threat to us) I dearly wish I had the replay. (Albeit the rest of the match was pretty average)
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:32 pm

I demand a replay
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Vergil wrote:I demand a replay

If I had it, I'd give it. This has convinced me to turn on replays now.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Yeah, always leave that on. Just remember to clean the folder out once in a while.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:14 pm

@fuzzy: I have just laughed my ass right off my backside.

@Virgil: this reminds me, I need to sort through all my current replays before things get out of hand...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:15 pm

I do my best to yank good replays and put them in a different folder right after they happened. Usually I don't lose anything that way.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:32 pm

These guys are insistent on pulling away my attention from everything else, I swear: http://worldoftanks.com/news/2233-i-can-haz-tanks-weekend/
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:33 pm

MORE JAGDPANTHER CREDITS!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:34 pm

RoboRed wrote:These guys are insistent on pulling away my attention from everything else, I swear: http://worldoftanks.com/news/2233-i-can-haz-tanks-weekend/
GOOD THING I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THOSE Scootaloo

And that my internet is so bad I can't even play WoT anymore without it lagging.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:33 pm

I plan on blazing a path to the JagdPanther tonight. I need ~7000 xp. I'm sooo close to getting rid of the bobsled...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:22 pm

The T-80 is forced into scouting for combat tiers up to 8.

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:51 pm

That's how I feel when my M2 Medium is thrown into Tier V matches.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Me feel every single game I play with the M5/M5A1.

ENJOY PLAYING AGAINST A BLACK PRINCE LITTLE MAN
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Oh dear god... the M5...
The Chaffee is a piece of shit, by the way. Notice how nobody plays them?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Ketchup wrote:Oh dear god... the M5...
I've only seen it 1 time, and... it looked like an M5 body glued under a KV-2 turret. Seriously, I can't even.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:03 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Ketchup wrote:Oh dear god... the M5...
I've only seen it 1 time, and... it looked like an M5 body glued under a KV-2 turret. Seriously, I can't even.
Yeah. Went through a lot of crap to get one, it lost credits every match and is matchmade like a T6. Armour and HP are crap, as expected, it's gun doesn't make up for it since everyone will shoot the squishy guy anyway. It was a colossal waste of time on my part.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Ready for a game tonight whenever you are, Vergil. (or anyone else)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:32 pm

I got roped into trivia night Robo, not sure when I'll be back (hopefully not too long from now). Sorry bout that =/
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next