Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+13
Fuzzy
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Orm
jacky2734
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Cptadder
Ketchup
RoboRed
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
17 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 30 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:14 pm

Can I stop being put in Tier 9 games, plz ?...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 30 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Oh yeah, downside of ELC: scout matchmaking. :/
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Getting blown up to pieces in the first minute and a half without any chance to do something about it becomes quite boring after a while.

It's almost to the point where I just rush to the enemy base to spot all the vehicles there and get torn to pieces, just to get the XP bonus.

So long as I don't have the 90mm gun, considering the kind of games I'm put on, I can't even use it as a tank destroyer.

... Speaking of TD, I wonder how that thing would fare in WoT :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stridsvagn_103

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fARGfVA7Mm8
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Dunno. I've seen that thing a few times before. I hope they put it in.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Thing is, it's Swedish. I'm not sure to which tree they'd add it, considering only the Swedish ever used it.

They could always make it a German tank, somehow, but considering the sheer number of vehicles there's in that tree already, this doesn't seem like a realistic proposition.

But even without that, given the kind of maps there is in WoT, the tanks' inability to fire while moving, its slow traverse speed and the absence of game mechanism allowing vehicles to (literally) dig in and the wonky stealth system, it would probably only be a sitting duck
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:04 pm

They wouldn't be able to simulate how it elevated the gun, and there is no tree for it to go into, it being Swedish. A similar problem goes with the British Contentious TD.
It is really cool, though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Fuzzy mentioned something about a "Europe" tank line that would likely have Swedish, Italian, Polish, and other tanks from that era.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Yeah, that could be a good compromise, given the sheer variety of designs that were produced during the period, but with only few country having produced enough of them individually to pretend to their own tree.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:50 pm

You know, a quick glance seemed to revealt that Spain didn't design many tanks, and that it has only a limited number of them. I was kind of surprised given for all we laugh about it Spain is still an important country with a long military history.

But then I looked at a topographic map of Spain and things became a bit more clear :

http://www.worldofmaps.net/uploads/pics/topographie-spanien.jpg
Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:39 pm

When things like this happen, you know that your team is fucking stupid:

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 30 37919545
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:06 pm

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 30 62eec11

EDIT: It won't animate =(
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:13 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Thing is, it's Swedish. I'm not sure to which tree they'd add it, considering only the Swedish ever used it.

They could always make it a German tank, somehow, but considering the sheer number of vehicles there's in that tree already, this doesn't seem like a realistic proposition.

But even without that, given the kind of maps there is in WoT, the tanks' inability to fire while moving, its slow traverse speed and the absence of game mechanism allowing vehicles to (literally) dig in and the wonky stealth system, it would probably only be a sitting duck

Ketchup wrote:They wouldn't be able to simulate how it elevated the gun, and there is no tree for it to go into, it being Swedish. A similar problem goes with the British Contentious TD.
It is really cool, though.

Many of the tanks in game are unable to do what they can. Almost none of the tanks in WoT currently could fire whilst moving (certainly not the Russians, who lacked any form of stabalisation until the 70's) and tanks already in game with unrealistic gun traverse elements.

It's certainly possible I think, just animations on the tank as you aim up and down, that's all it takes really. If WG is unwilling to do that then it can always just use unrealistic adjustment like many of the other tanks in the game. The Contentious is a prime liner for a British Tier 8 TD. Likely the S-Tank would fit into that too.

Although the Swedish would likely be against it being called a TD. They are rather insistent about that it's an MBT. I always imagine a burly Swedish man pressing someone who dared call it a TD against a wall going "IS TANK!!" in a booming voice that commands no arguement.

RoboRed wrote:Fuzzy mentioned something about a "Europe" tank line that would likely have Swedish, Italian, Polish, and other tanks from that era.

It's definitely on the cards, Italy, Poland and Romania I believe are the first ones.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:26 pm

WELP...
Spoiler:
Totally not my fault I lose. Seriously.

Some good things DID happen, however. Finally got my 20-pounder on the AT7, and got 3rd and 2rd class mastery on it. Also had a hell of a game on the IP.
Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:56 am

Now that's what I want to see :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0x-yMXGUSo

I just wonder how this is going to play in multiplayer (that was obviously a solo game there).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:09 am

That's not World of Warships. That's Battlestations: Pacific. I don't know why it's labelled as such.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:19 am

Well shit.

Then it sucks because in another E3 video they said they wouldn't be putting submarines into the game, because it would "slow down the gameplay".

Don't mind the fact that subs are an integral part of naval warfare...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:21 am

On the other hand, I just looked at my Steam collection and it seems I have Battlestation Pacific. Guess I know what I'm going to install next. Applebloom
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:25 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well shit.

Then it sucks because in another E3 video they said they wouldn't be putting submarines into the game, because it would "slow down the gameplay".

They said a long while before E3 this year that they wouldn't put subs in because for most of the game they'd be able to hit enemies freely with little to no fear of retaliation, which would be no fun for everyone else.

It's surprising how similar that sounds to a certain playstyle in WoT...
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:06 am

Arty ?

Isn't a large part of WoT centered about hunting enemy arty, the same way a large part of naval warfare is hunting enemy subs ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Overall warfare, yes. WWII naval battles, absolutely no.

I'm convinced the game will literally never come out.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:00 pm

That 90mm gun is doing wonder to my self esteem !

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 30 DkEWomi

Too bad the time between each shot is almost as long as reloading the clip of an AMX 13 75.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:10 pm

Strangely enough, tank hunters work far better in pack than alone.

Who knew ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Funnily enough, guess which navy wasn't known for having particularly good subs to actually use? (Or indeed any aspect of their navy for that matter...)
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Russia...

*shakes fist angrily*

Anyway, Ketchup, here's an animated version of the pic you posted (which is a jpeg so it's normal it doesn't animate Derpy Hooves ) : https://i.imgur.com/zSLHKbn.gif
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Fuzzy wrote:

Funnily enough, guess which navy wasn't known for having particularly good subs to actually use? (Or indeed any aspect of their navy for that matter...)

I don't think they're going to be putting Russians in the game any time soon. Set for Japan, US, UK and Germany first, then France and probably Italy.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Would probably avoid them a few headache, yes.

Now I'm imagining a game where one team is entirely composed of Iowa and the other of Yamato, both ducking it out. That should be fun.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Plasticube Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:23 pm

hawkeye92 wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

I don't think they're going to be putting Russians in the game any time soon. Set for Japan, US, UK and Germany first, then France and probably Italy.

No the first thing they are working on are Russian ships, probably including ships whose hulls were laid down but never finished and post war prototypes.

Knowing WG they would follow the planned performance of the ship from the Russian archives rather than the actual performance if it ever got built, take the Sovetsky Soyuz-class battleships for example, hulls laid down during WWII but never completed, on paper it would have been superior to the Bismarck, Iowa and Lion class battleships, as heavily armored but slightly faster than the Yamato class but it has weaker armor on the main turrets and 16 inch guns like the other battleships except the Yamato so its fair and gets included.

Plasticube
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:19 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Anyway, Ketchup, here's an animated version of the pic you posted (which is a jpeg so it's normal it doesn't animate Derpy Hooves ) : https://i.imgur.com/zSLHKbn.gif
Virgil posted it, but it's nice all the same.

To my knowledge, Russia didn't have many spectacular naval engagements during the Second World War. They're more of a footnote, compared to the massive air-and-sea battles in the Pacific(Britain+Commonwealth, US and Japan) and even in the Atlantic with massive amounts of Canadian, British, and American ASW vessels and aircraft, in addition to surface engagements with Axis forces.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:39 pm

Plasticube wrote:

No the first thing they are working on are Russian ships, probably including ships whose hulls were laid down but never finished and post war prototypes.

Knowing WG they would follow the planned performance of the ship from the Russian archives rather than the actual performance if it ever got built, take the Sovetsky Soyuz-class battleships for example, hulls laid down during WWII but never completed, on paper it would have been superior to the Bismarck, Iowa and Lion class battleships, as heavily armored but slightly faster than the Yamato class but it has weaker armor on the main turrets and 16 inch guns like the other battleships except the Yamato so its fair and gets included.

Oh great. I liked it when the Warships guys were pretty cool guys, not traditional Wargaming guys. A lot's changed since I was browsing around here.

In other news, tier 5 this weekend on the EU server get's epic bonuses. Which means there will be a lot of terrible teams going around in them. On the plus side a lot of T5 premiums are half price. Just no garage slot sale to go with it :-/
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next