Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+13
Fuzzy
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Orm
jacky2734
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Cptadder
Ketchup
RoboRed
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
17 posters

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 29 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:53 am

Got teamkilled for the first time today.

I was in my AMX 40, we hadn't even left the spawn zone yet that an asshole with a Jagdtpanzer purposedly rammed me, blocking my way and killed me at point blank range with three shots. Reported him for fratricide fire.

And the match before that an asshole with a light panzer machinegunned me, for no effect. He also got into the way of everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhLqPfAylF4
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 29 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:58 am

I think I have yet to be purposely teamkilled. Still, accidental isn't much better.

In other news, "wut":
Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:05 am

This looks out of Warhammer 40,000. :lol:

I guess this could make a devastating tank destroyer... if you could actually aim it past 75 meters. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:28 am

Yeah, methinks someone slapped a gun from a Warhammer model onto that Ferdinand model for the lulz.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:13 pm

It might be from one of those "sci fi WW2" games, there's a lot of them around right now to grab on the popularity of people with Flames of War models. Looks awesome though!

We've got some sweet news

- Australian Sentinel tank will eventually be made for British line (Was a medium tank with either a 17 or 25 pounder)
- in 8.8, there will be national crew voices
- actually, there is a (theoretical) possibility, that flamethrower tanks will make it to the game
- also, SerB was surprised to find out that thanks to some sort of Havok implementation, WoT could theoretically have wheeled vehicles
- SerB doesn’t like the Sixth Sense perk and wants it removed. Whether it will be nerfed or how, he will warn players in advance

I wonder if you'll get to pick another free skill then.

- Brummbär and Sturmtiger were considered as a part of new separate German branch

Also...check out this picture leaked from supertesting. It's not coming in 2013, but they've been playing around with it at last...

- there is a developer idea to actually give each clan player some new points (as in currency), which could then be turned in for tanks. But no guarantees, promises or details.
- if you have FPS increase in 8.7, it’s probably because you updated your graphic card drivers, not because of game optimization

I'd hope so. WG is terrible for FPS optimisation

- captured T-34 in German tree? “When it’s done it’s done”
- it’s theoretically possible to implement minefields on some maps, but SerB doesn’t think it’s needed, because it’s stupid to die by a mine and not by enemy fire

I actually agree with him here, why would you need it compared to just tank traps to stop you going there?

- it’s possible that within a month or two, SerB will publish the data on tier 10 Japanese heavy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Fuzzy wrote:- also, SerB was surprised to find out that thanks to some sort of Havok implementation, WoT could theoretically have wheeled vehicles
This makes me really happy, for some reasons...

Fuzzy wrote:- it’s possible that within a month or two, SerB will publish the data on tier 10 Japanese heavy
Shouldn't they, like, at least add a little bit more content to the Chinese tree before starting another one ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
- Australian Sentinel tank will eventually be made for British line (Was a medium tank with either a 17 or 25 pounder)
- actually, there is a (theoretical) possibility, that flamethrower tanks will make it to the game
- also, SerB was surprised to find out that thanks to some sort of Havok implementation, WoT could theoretically have wheeled vehicles
- SerB doesn’t like the Sixth Sense perk and wants it removed. Whether it will be nerfed or how, he will warn players in advance

- Brummbär and Sturmtiger were considered as a part of new separate German branch

Also...check out this picture leaked from supertesting. It's not coming in 2013, but they've been playing around with it at last...

- there is a developer idea to actually give each clan player some new points (as in currency), which could then be turned in for tanks. But no guarantees, promises or details.

- it’s theoretically possible to implement minefields on some maps, but SerB doesn’t think it’s needed, because it’s stupid to die by a mine and not by enemy fire

- it’s possible that within a month or two, SerB will publish the data on tier 10 Japanese heavy
-Ah yes, I was just wondering about that thing the other day when looking at your ideal British tree when posting grievances over SPGs on Jingles' 8.7 arty vid. (You had it listed as the AC-III Thunderbolt and under arty.)
Still, I'd rather like to hear how things are going with implementation of the Firefly.
-Meh...I'll listen to them later out of curiosity, but I'm going to stick to my Guardian Tank voice pack. Speaking of which, Fuzzy, have you given that look?
-Hopefully around the same time multi-firing becomes enabled. The AT8 hungers for the steel flesh of my enemies...
-*shrug* Don't know enough about armored wheeled vehicles to know how this will impact the game.
-Oh, he'd better not remove it. I will be extremely pissed if he does...
-I saw that the other day. Rather amusing.
-*shrug*
-Thank god. I REALLY don't want to deal with AT mines.
-What was the ETA on the Jap tree again?

Last edited by RoboRed on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Why would you want a German captured T-34? There are already two flavours of that tank and the German T25 is equal to or better than the T-34 in almost every way but two; gun aiming time and turret traverse.

I wonder how they're even going to manage a Japanese tree and I shudder to think what they'll be capable of since all of the higher tier tanks are going to be very much concept or blueprint vehicles, so an ideal chance for another powercreep.
Wheeled vehicles get no complaints from me to replace the silly scout tanks like the T-50-2. Is that still in the game, as in if it's in your garage does it stay there or will it be killed completely in the new patch?
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:03 pm

It's being removed in 8.7 and replaced with the MT-25, and essentially getting moved up a tier.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:25 pm

The MLP mod pack has been updated. The voice and music mods in particular have some improvements that I've noticed, like Blackjack's theme (Run, Shoot, Kill... and Cry) being included as combat music.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:51 pm

News from the grinding front : exactly 9,000 of 14,900 XP for acquisition of the ELC AMX. Less than 6,000 XP to go counting available free XP. Money is already O.K.

Had a streak of 150-200 XP games. Lyra
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Get ready for the shock. That ELC is gonna be a far different style of play from all the tanks you've just done.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:25 pm

Will have to learn how to play spotter and sniper without getting deaded. Applebloom 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Or...drive like an absolute madman and completely trolololol the enemy.

Last edited by RoboRed on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Vergil is back in DC now
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Fell into a Tier 6 game. With two KV-1S on my sides. Which were working as a team. And we had a competent arty.

The results were... Well, the two KV-1S have 5 confirmed kills each, the arty survived after having confirm-killed 3 enemy vehicles and damaged more, and I gained 284 XP. Fluttershy 

Feels good, man.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 pm

RoboRed wrote:Or...drive like an absolute madman and completely trolololol the enemy.
God my sides
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Vergil wrote:Vergil is back in DC now
Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 29 37272283
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:48 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

-Ah yes, I was just wondering about that thing the other day when looking at your ideal British tree when posting grievances over SPGs on Jingles' 8.7 arty vid. (You had it listed as the AC-III Thunderbolt and under arty.)
Still, I'd rather like to hear how things are going with implementation of the Firefly.
-Meh...I'll listen to them later out of curiosity, but I'm going to stick to my Guardian Tank voice pack. Speaking of which, Fuzzy, have you given that look?
-Hopefully around the same time multi-firing becomes enabled. The AT8 hungers for the steel flesh of my enemies...
-*shrug* Don't know enough about armored wheeled vehicles to know how this will impact the game.
-Oh, he'd better not remove it. I will be extremely pissed if he does...
-I saw that the other day. Rather amusing.
-*shrug*
-Thank god. I REALLY don't want to deal with AT mines.
-What was the ETA on the Jap tree again?

Yeah my old tree I made needs to be updated, I've added a lot from my researching. So much so that I actually cannot make any more trees. I've filled it out. Also, I can't believe I goofed with the Thunderbolt, Listy noted it too me that it was more a TD, I'd only seen it had the 25 Pounder.

Not tried the Guardian tank pack yet, rather want to though, that tank was awesome.

Japan tree has no real ETA, I think the reason they're doing it before the Chinese get more is twofold

1 - The Chinese have no real tank history. What they've gotten already is in many ways the extent of their easily accessed history. They are very secretive on some aspects to foreigners and didn't really make their own stuff until mid-Cold War was already underway.

2 - The Chinese tree was to coincide with the launch of WoT in China, or at least be very soon to it, for obvious reasons anyone who loves their country's tanks can understand.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
Not tried the Guardian tank pack yet, rather want to though, that tank was awesome.
Link's here whenever you're interested.

1 - The Chinese have no real tank history. What they've gotten already is in many ways the extent of their easily accessed history. They are very secretive on some aspects to foreigners and didn't really make their own stuff until mid-Cold War was already underway.
I really figured it had something to do with that. China only recently has become a developing nation and most of its tank history is made of copies of other tanks.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:04 am

I got my ELC AMX ! Lyra 

Given I had enough cash, I bought the thing with a crew trained at 75% - there wasn't any reason not to.

What should I upgrade first ? I was thinking about starting with the motor : going from 150 to 250 CH should make a big difference I think, especially given the fact that the thing handles like a TD due to the turret's limited traverse.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:02 am

Yeah, I upgraded the motor.

That thing is loltastic to drive. Running back and forth from different points of the map...

Can't wait to get the 90mm gun.

Currently averaging at 233 XP per match. Sweetie Belle
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:05 am

I dare you to play an entire match in that thing while listening to this on repeat:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:17 am

So FTR has their report in on the British arty in testing.

The conclusion?

By far the worst artillery branch in the entire game.

Pros:
 - Good gun traverse
 - ...?

Cons:
 - Low penetration
 - Low damage
 - Bishop has ridiculously small traverse
 - Low accuracy
 - ROF boost is still too slow to matter before enemies disappear again
 - Low splash
 - Short range
 - No premium ammo on some tanks
 - Tank crews go (in tiers here for numbers) 3, 6, 6, 4, 5, 5, 6, 5, 6 so there is no consistency of training
 - Generally quite sluggish bar the FV304

To give an idea of how accurate they were, the top tier one was aimed at a stationary target in testing. All three shots (which take a minute to reload) missed at full aiming.

The Bishop is so bad at artying that they found they had better use as a slow paced assault gun that ended up dying after one shot. They got more exp that way.

The traverse and occasional ROF boost don't matter, because they cannot hurt anything at all. Their mid-tier guns were tested against tanks and were found to bounce almost all of the time, reducing their DPM to massively below other nations' tiers.

In all, the top three tanks are the only "decent" ones, the rest are absolutely abysmal. The FV304 offers some fun, but it isn't very effective either as an actual game winner.

Why could I have perhaps predicted this happening? WG's theory with British tanks seems to be "Give them the advantages no-one else got because those advantages suck."

Sigh...
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:43 am

ELC AMX :

19 games

victory : 9 (47%)
defeat : 8 (42%)
battle survived : 4 (21%) Crazy

Dear Princess Celestia,

today I learned that it is necessary to always stay on the move to survive, and that spotting a shitload of enemies grants more XP than if you try to use the gun you inherited from your AMX 40 to pierce Tier 9 armors.

Yours truly,
some random dude
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:52 am

Yep, spotting and spotting damage pays off.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Do the XP you win scale up with the tier of the enemy vehicles you're up to ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Trying to grind the 90mm to have it tonight. 3600 XP to go. Twilight crazy 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Do the XP you win scale up with the tier of the enemy vehicles you're up to ?
I think it's just determined per vehicle by the monkeys at WG, but I'm not sure.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:08 pm

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Battle_Mechanics#Experience_and_Credits
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next