Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+13
Fuzzy
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Orm
jacky2734
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Cptadder
Ketchup
RoboRed
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
17 posters

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 27 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by hawkeye92 Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:31 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
hawkeye92 wrote:Harmony are you on the EU server? I could give you a hand grinding for stuff.
Yeah, EU servers. Though to be honest I play extremely irregularly and as it takes me, so it might be difficult to organize anything.

That's the same with everyone here. You just add someone to your friends list and see if they're online when you are and talk to them in-game.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 27 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:32 am

Account name is :

FuriosoCorp
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:34 am

Cool, I'll say hi when I see you about. I'll be online later on today.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Well, I think I'm gonna delve into the IFV's voice files and tweak them a bit - see if I can't find anything there for modules/crew damage. Besides, I'm already using the EVA's "enemy units detected" for radar blips...

Also, Vergil, I am LOVING the Ace Combat music pack. It is nothing short of colossally awesome for tank battles.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:31 am

RoboRed wrote:Well, I think I'm gonna delve into the IFV's voice files and tweak them a bit - see if I can't find anything there for modules/crew damage. Besides, I'm already using the EVA's "enemy units detected" for radar blips...

Also, Vergil, I am LOVING the Ace Combat music pack. It is nothing short of colossally awesome for tank battles.

I tried the Ace Combat one, but it just feels so weird hearing dogfight jargon used in the middle of a tank battle. Just couldn't get used to it.

Haven't found any voicepack that really suits what I'm looking for, nation specific accented ones with proper dramatic speech rather than a flat "That was close" or "Thats gotta hurt"

I mean, listening to real life chatter in a turret just makes it sound so much more epic

"Contact! T-55! 300 metres to 160! Engage engage!"

"Engaging!"

"Load HESH, combat speed forward quarter left enfilade!"

"Up!"

"Engage! Load Sabot!"

BOOM

"On the way!"

"Sabot load confirm!"

"Enemy still active, traverse traverse, load load"

"Up!"

BOOM

"On the way!"

"Contact enemy! Unknown 600 to 300 traverse and engage load Sabot!"

etc etc
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:22 am

Iiiin the news:

Meet the new Tier 8 Chinese Medium. It's basically a Type 59.

Also meet the birthday gift tank we're likely to get. Just a Russian Tier 3 light. I'mm probably sell it and take the garage slot instead.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:14 am

Fuzzy wrote:
I tried the Ace Combat one, but it just feels so weird hearing dogfight jargon used in the middle of a tank battle. Just couldn't get used to it.
The only voices I've heard in the music pack are in some of the pre-battle music (accompanied with the sound of jet engines starting up). And yeah, it is a little off-putting, but I haven't heard any voices or jargon during the battle - just regular (awesome) music.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:52 pm

So, I'm grinding my way toward the AMX 40.

Currently on the AMX 38. Slow as fuck, but not so bad once you realize you have to play it like a Tank Destroyer. Good thing the tank's best gun has a relatively good penetration. I've dealt a lot of damage with that puppy.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Funnily enough I encountered a guy with the handle "ScienceWoona[READ]" on one of my games today.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:04 pm

I hope you brohoofed him.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Hah, I know Science, I play with him a lot. Very good player and a cool guy. Kinda fuinny you spotted him, another brony spotted me and him while we were playing yesterday.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:27 pm

I was kinda busy trying not to die to brohoof him.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Currently on the AMX 38. Slow as fuck, but not so bad once you realize you have to play it like a Tank Destroyer. Good thing the tank's best gun has a relatively good penetration. I've dealt a lot of damage with that puppy.
On the other hand, when you're thrown on the same arena as Tier 5 heavies, it becomes a bit less fun. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Lol. Managed to grind an entire tier in a single day.

Got myself the AMX 40 now. Let's see what this thing has in reserve...

I can already say one thing, though : that's one ugly ass tank, fo' sure !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Ye olde duck tank.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:00 pm

And it's also slow as fuck, so much so that I can't really do anything meaningful, so much so that in my first match I gained less than 20 XP, and this one only 7 XP.

Yep. Tank destroyer alright...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Unrelated, but on the map "Port" / "Pier" / "Harbor" (however it's called in English) I loled when I saw stacks of containers.

FYI, containers are a post WW2 invention. Specifically, they were invented in the 50s.

It's good to see they did their researches. Applebloom 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Seriously man, what the fuck. At least the AMX 38 was fun to play. That one ? It seems the matchmaker takes a perverse pleasure in putting me in the losing team everytime !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Unrelated, but on the map "Port" / "Pier" / "Harbor" (however it's called in English) I loled when I saw stacks of containers.

FYI, containers are a post WW2 invention. Specifically, they were invented in the 50s.

While they can be lacklustre in their research, the maps aren't supposed to all be in the WW2 era. There are maps that fit in different time frames, as with the vehicles.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Oh, I feel this tier is going to be groan-worthy. The urge to ragequit is rising...

Barely 40 XP the last match, which once again was a failure. And the matchmaker put me on what map ? Fucking mountain pass. With that slow ass underpowered tank. *flip table*

I hope I won't have to spend gold to get past this tier...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Ketchup wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Unrelated, but on the map "Port" / "Pier" / "Harbor" (however it's called in English) I loled when I saw stacks of containers.

While they can be lacklustre in their research, the maps aren't supposed to all be in the WW2 era. There are maps that fit in different time frames, as with the vehicles.
With cars looking suspiciously like Ford Ts in the parking lot ? Crazy 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:16 pm

ARGH! I wanna play and get my x5's, but it's not logging me in! It just hangs there as "Synchonizing equipment and consumables"!

Sadface.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:23 pm

RoboRed wrote:Well, I think I'm gonna delve into the IFV's voice files and tweak them a bit - see if I can't find anything there for modules/crew damage. Besides, I'm already using the EVA's "enemy units detected" for radar blips...

Glad you approve, and I'm glad you found something that works well for you!

The voice pack isn't for everyone Fuzzy, but thanks for trying it at least. I'm a massive,  massive old school Ace Combat fan, so that's why it works for me. Give the music a try though if you're bored of the stock stuff.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:39 pm

*sigh* I might as well have stayed off today. People are AWFUL right now.

And some dick from RDDT in a Type 59 had the gall to call me useless, when all he did was run out there and take it in the face, while I got second place in xp and did loads more damage by the time we lost.

Fucking really...Scootaloo 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:44 pm

Eh, you know how it is. It's always the bads that stay and insult people.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:50 pm

I need to do a search on mind conditioning or something, so I can forever push any thoughts of my win ratio out of my mind.

It's NEVER going over 50%. Fate will not allow it. *rrggh*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:56 pm

Patience, grasshoppah
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:58 am

Srsly. Any time I get within like, 10 wins of closing the gap: NO, LOSSES 4 U.

Anyways, worked a little more on the voice pack. I've sourced the IFV for more voices (repairs finished, etc.), but I remembered that I hadn't looked at the EVA unit for voices yet. Fortunately, my search has been fruitful, and I now have sources for disabled crew notifications (although "engineer" is the closest thing I could find to "driver". Meh, synonyms...). A little sound manipulation, and I should have this all finished by Sunday.

EDIT:
well, this is certainly amusing...:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:13 am

RE the video :

Pardon my ignorance, but did that thing happen ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:07 am

First battle of the day, x2 XP bonus :

Feels good, man:

I need more of those. Sweetie Belle 

As an aside, I really like these "rush to neutral base" missions. I find I give my best results on those.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next