Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+13
Fuzzy
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Orm
jacky2734
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Cptadder
Ketchup
RoboRed
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
17 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 25 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:38 pm

@Fuzzy: I'd like to see some screenshots of these shenanigans of yours, mister. Spike
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 25 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by hawkeye92 Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Well, Tankfest was awesome. They had a lot of great displays with a wide range of vehicles, including the Tiger 131, three Leopards, three Chieftains and a pair of Centurions. Speaking of which I found the Centurion I in the museum and finally found out that the glass plate folds up so it offers prtection for the driver if he's driving with the hatch open.
Which goes some way to explaining why that section is the toughest part of the upper front plate.

I also got to sit in one of the Centurions which they went on to use which made me very happy indeed.

Also this tank rolled around for a bit. I knew it existed but only ever saw one picture of the side of it. I'm not going to spoil what's really awesome about it but you'll probably see quickly enough.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 25 Megatron_zps5afdd54b

WoT had a big presence where the cafe used to be, next to the TOG. They had press accounts to use (which I didn't- real tanks to see), free T-shirts and codes for new accounts to recive a week's premium and 1000 gold and codes for existing people to get the Lend Lease Soviet Stuart, garage slot, 1 day of premium and 300 gold. Since it is all free I'm not complaining.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:16 pm

hawkeye92 wrote:

Also this tank rolled around for a bit. I knew it existed but only ever saw one picture of the side of it. I'm not going to spoil what's really awesome about it but you'll probably see quickly enough.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 25 Megatron_zps5afdd54b
That's awesome.Rainbow 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:54 pm

http://jalopnik.com/check-out-these-gorgeous-color-photos-from-world-war-ii-626224712
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:33 pm

So another night of messing around in platoons. (Sorry Jack, something big came up that took me away quick before I could accept the invite with youand Gordon)

RoboRed:

Sciencewoona, Gordon Freemane and I nailed a Crucial Contribution and Brothers in Arms with our Pz 1 C platoon. Here's the replay here. It's rather an epic game. I highly advise a watch just for the sheer level of trolling in the Pz 1 C. It's almost hilarious at points.

"Balanced" they say for that tank. xD

Also in the news:

- according to The_Chieftain, it’s possible (not anytime soon tho) that the T29 series of US heavy tanks will eventually be nerfed, because preliminary measuring suggest that the mantlets aren’t as thick as it was originally thought

- apparently, regarding the earlier announced intention of SerB to remove the unhistorical buffs of the VK4502P, while moving it down a tier or two, its replacement could be the “Protomaus” (one of the Maus prototypes the developers ran across)

- the “bamboo canes” on Chinese maps provide no camo bonus at all

- SerB states that the implementation of Japanese tanks into the game goes slowly. Wargaming did get some data, but SerB is asking players – if anyone has any additional data on the Japanese heavies, send them

- Japanese medium tanks won’t be commented for now, but SerB comments on the Japanese tanks in general: medium tanks are ready (SS: as in all found), there are some issues with the heavies (not enough credible info on the O-I variants and the T10 tank), there are still tier 4 and 5 holes (Type 91 and Type 95 are tier 3 max, while the Iwakuro heavy tank goes to tier 6). As for tank destroyers, those are theoretically all found, but the developers are looking for more credible info on them (not the one found on the internet).

But making up British tanks is fine because you can't be bothered to research?

- KV-1S will stay on tier 6 and will NOT lose its 122mm

- it’s possible, that the Japanese tree won’t come out with a heavy branch, but with TD’s and mediums only, or even with a light/medium branch, without TD’s and heavies.

- Sturmtiger is still planned

- Chi-He and Chi-Nu Japanese tanks will appear as mediums

Chi-Nu seems to be something of a Tier 4-5 type tank similar to Sherman, Pz4 and T-34 in rough design stats. Chi-He seems to be a tier lower, perhaps 3-4 as it's just a general downgrade tank.

Info on the A-43 new Soviet Tier 6 Medium: Developed in 1941 at Plant No. 183 under the designation A-43. A new vehicle was intended to replace the T-34 tank. The vehicle was to be equipped with torsion-bar suspension, diesel engine V-5, a new transmission and a reinforced to 60 mm front armor.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:24 pm

rough sketch of an AT2:
I messed up my perspective several times somewhere along the line, and my hand got tired, but oh well...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:19 am

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/265081-interactive-special-round-5/

WG Europe is running a poll to see which tank gets the next special. It's come down to WZ-121 vs the AT-7.

Note, if AT-7 wins you will get more than just it, other British TD's get it too. Vote up the AT-7! There's a whole bunch of folks need help with this nightmarish at times line.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Got my AT7 yesterday. Had an awesome x3 win in my AT8.
Spoiler:

Only had one battle in it before signing off for the day. Sadly, it was a draw. Most of the guys with me were total morons and kept either bumping into me, blocking my way, or blocking my shots, and I ended up getting filled with holes.
Spoiler:

Also, I got my engine for my IP, as well as 1st class mastery (mostly by being a killstealing twat).
Spoiler:
Not that I didn't do a fair amount of damage either, though. Wish they'd have let me get that arty at the end so I could've rounded it off with a Radley-Walters, and possibly ace mastery.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Got some premium and the Comet because both were on sale yesterday. Big difference with the premium account, and I used a little bit of free XP to grab the M48, though 6 million credits is far away. The Comet is not terrible, but it definitely lacks a particularly good gun, it's not as mobile as the Cromwell is by a long shot, and it's armour is merely okay with the welcome additions of a gun mantle and a lot of HP padding. That 77 is almost exactly the same(+5 damage, +3 penetration on AP), but I haven't researched it yet. The Vickers HV is a fantastic gun but it's not adequate for Tier 8 targets, often being absorbed or deflected by the side armour and tracks. Low alpha inherent to the caliber.

Also grabbed a Panzer 1 C, that Mauser is hilarious. Fun to play even when MM puts me in a T5 game. Managed to slip by and kill two artillery in one of those games.

Got the Ace Tanker badge in the M103 yesterday as well, did a lot of damage, took only a little, and held a line backed by tank destroyers. Literally me, a Panther that lasted 2 minutes, and two or three TDs that just sniped the crap out of everything while I got effective fire on the corners as they rounded the bend.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:41 pm

Jingles and someone else in front of a TOG II at Tankfest.
yay, tog!!:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Just got Top Gun in the Patton. Had to take out a T95 almost all by myself, which was sheer luck, arty got the killing blow.
Spoiler:
The new 'mission' thing gave a huge bonus.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Iiiin the news:

Rest easy T-29 players.

- apparently, the fact that The_Chieftain did measure the mantlet of the T29 to be thinner than what Hunnicutt suggests does not imply that the T29 mantlet will be nerfed, it will be re-checked eventually

- it is confirmed that there will be NO tier 5 Soviet light tank after 8.7: T-50 will remain at tier 4 (SS: it was leaked earlier that it will lead to T-34) and the MT-25 will move to tier 6 (SS: and will be unlockable from KV-1S, to which the T-50 experience will be transferred in 8.7 apparently)

- KV-1S 122mm gun nerf? “Penetration will stay, it’s historical.

And in one post they have confirmed that they don't care about balance at all and choose "historical" only when it suits their agenda

- actually, SerB states Wittman’s medal was removed at German request

Not surprised here, the Germans are very touchy on that, for understandable reasons

- while camo factor for vehicles is assigned manually (and not automatically, based on their dimensions), width of the vehicle does play the biggest role

This explains why Churchills are surprisingly sneaky and why the Centurion has such bad camo right out. Funny that it's width that counts when Russian tanks are known to most often be the thinner designs. Just saying...

- according to Storm, the piece of information that German Panther tanks lose their top engines in supertest is garbage, however – SerB later confirms it: Panthers will lose unhistorical top engines and possibly gain new historical ones, he states that overall the top configuration gameplay won’t change

- T92 lost its top engine, since “it doesn’t need it”

- WZ-111 and Type 62 will most likely come to the shops (SS: the question is aimed at RU server, but I doubt it would be any different for other servers)

There are more discussions from many aimed at the devs about the KV-1S having its OP gun. The devs respond by saying "We can't help it, it's historical. It had it." Only one KV-1S ever had it, but they see this as a reason it has to have it. So why not have the "KV-1S (122)" as a tier 7? If the KV-1S can get an OP gun on a unique turret just because it had it then why doesn't the Cromwell get the Charioteer turret with the 20-Pounder hmm? Any other nation would never get such a preference.

It really is telling that the devs go to insane lengths to defend the clearly most unbalanced tank in the entire game.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Even if the T29's mantlet is thinner, it's probably not far off.
It's also historical for an M4 to get a Pershing turret. That happened.Spike
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Best game I've ever had. 5 kills, 1998 damage (most in the match), 2200 potential received, nailed by arty with three minutes left. The remaining two members of my team won it with eight seconds to go.

67,000 credits and over 1600 xp in my JagdPz IV.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Leavin this here for you Robo in case you didn't save it: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/124046-ace-combat-sound-and-voice-mods/#top
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks. Because I just realized it doesn't serve me well if I only have the link opened on a separate computer from what WoT is installed on.Derpy Hooves 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:15 am

Also, if you could, can you sent me that template for voice mods and a guide on how to work with it? I'd like to get to work on making that Guardian Tank voice pack at some point.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 am

I just use NoblePlatoon's guides: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/70712-086-nobleplatoons-music-and-voice-and-other-random-mods/
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:23 am

Also Robo I find it highly entertaining that I yelled "Hi there Blackjack!" while shooting TU-160s when she's also sitting on my keyboard looking at me.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:28 am

Lol, yeah, I was thinking about something like that when you were blasting those guys.

also...:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:39 am

RoboRed wrote:Lol, yeah, I was thinking about something like that when you were blasting those guys.

also...:

Aah, ISAF, that brings back some good memories.
The proto-maus thing has got my attention. I'm two thirds of the way through grinding for the VK 45.02B at the moment and this inspires me to get my ass in gear and grind harder, since if they do implement those changes you'll most likely get a free garage slot with the new tank and retain the old VK.

48,000 xp to go then one hell of a grind for equipment on the B.
It won't take as long as the 140k xp I need for the Centurion 7, but I enjoy playing the Centurion more so it'll feel less like a grind. Also I'll be playing the Centurion as much as possible over the next couple of weeks while it's cheap to run.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:15 am

It's telling of how long I haven't played World of Tanks that the update is more than 2.5 GB in size...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:43 am

Just for my information, how fun to play are the French tanks, in general ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:01 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Just for my information, how fun to play are the French tanks, in general ?

There was a new major update, 8.6 so the whole client is new effectively.

The french tanks are odd. They start out slow and heavy but become the lightest and fastest tanks in the game and have autoloaders. If you don't like light tanks don't go above the tier 7 french heavy tank.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:05 am

So basically they require skills to be played. But how rewarding are they ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:21 pm

I say, have our posted shenanigans convinced you to reenter the World of Tanks?Spike 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:55 pm

I had the 7 hours to spare to let the update download and install itself. Played Tropico 4 in the meantime.

Tried to play the French starting tank. I say "tried". That thing is abysmal. Can you do anything but be on the defensive with that piece of shit ?

I really hope the French tanks are worth it if I have to grind in that thing before getting the good stuff.

Also, after a few short battles, I think I like playing a light tank. I prefer being fast and mobile than slow and ponderous. I think this greatly increase my chances of survival.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:38 pm

I'd go with the light tank line if I ever started the French line. Because ELC AMX and BatChat25t. I'd raise so much hell with those.

Also, ALL tier 1 tanks are shit.

Last edited by RoboRed on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I had the 7 hours to spare to let the update download and install itself. Played Tropico 4 in the meantime.

Tried to play the French starting tank. I say "tried". That thing is abysmal. Can you do anything but be on the defensive with that piece of shit ?

I really hope the French tanks are worth it if I have to grind in that thing before getting the good stuff.

Also, after a few short battles, I think I like playing a light tank. I prefer being fast and mobile than slow and ponderous. I think this greatly increase my chances of survival.

French tanks function differently from all of the others (Rather like how they do in real life for that matter...) and they changed their doctrine majorly after WW2 and that comes across as a sudden shock in the games progression trees. As they said, they start very bulky and slow with great armour but eventually swap to being fragile speedsters with tremendous damage output in short bursts before running away to take their long reloads.

In essence, they do hit and run, assassinating lone tanks and making surprise pushes and outflanks. They can be very rewarding if you can accept that being caught off guard = death.

They also have access to some of the most powerful tank destroyers in the entire game in the later tiers. The Foch 155 is feared by anyone not on your team for its ability to knock out any tank it sees in one volley of its autoloader.

I played their Tier 1 for ages, the FT-17. It's honestly a very good tank but it's absolutely not an attacking tank or a 'tanking' tank. Its top gun is rapid fire, high penetration but low damage, so it works best by finding a place you can overlook the enemy and then rapid fire as many of them as you can before pulling back. Slow paced hit and run, being aware of your environment helps a lot with it.

You also have the most accurate gun of the Tier 1's. So use that range advantage to plink away at them.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Plasticube Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:58 pm

the ELC AMX is amazing, but to get to that you need to grind past the AMX 38 and 40 >.<

Edit: Use them when you get the opportunity to play with friendly people, makes the grind far less tedious.

Plasticube
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next