Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+52
Derpmind
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
ARoundCorner
iLateralGX
Bootleg
skibadaa
Plasticube
Scootayay
Aonee
TalixZero
RandomBlank
FoolNeim
Karasu
Ametros
Regolit
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
nebulous
Randombuttons
Meleagridis
Mister Nikel
Icy Shake
Sindri
Luminous Lead
OneMoreDaySK
Mech
hawkeye92
Stringtheory
Snipehamster
WovenTales
CamoBadger
Valikdu
RoboRed
Vergil
Kippershy
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Kaidon
WavemasterRyx
CannonFodder
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Ketchup
SilentCarto
56 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Yi...yikes. Pretty much what I was thinking minus all dem holes which gives me body trauma ickies. I think that's more of an over-interpretation of the healing incisions she was described as having post surgery
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:49 pm

@Harmony
Red versus Blue had a fight scene in which one of them, who had the bubble shield, threw it at an group of opponents, who then tried to fire, but the bullets bounced off inside the shield, ricocheting and hitting themselves.

Susan Storm of the Fantastic Four, aka Invisible Woman, in some comics gained the ability to create forcefields, and expand or contract them. At one point she threatened a villain to create a forcefield bubble inside them, and expand until they explode.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:14 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:That said, I also totally get that there are a lot of things that need to be shown still with the story as it approaches endgame (I think it's starting to get there, anyway! But who knows?)
I keep having to remind myself that the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows doesn't actually do anything to end this story. It'll be a game-changer, certainly, and Thunderhead will undoubtedly be freaking the fuck out along with the rest of the Enclave, but in terms of "endgame"... not so much. In fact, I have this sneaking suspicion that, much as Rover is dragging BJ off on a side quest just as she resolved all her time-sensitive main quests, the hints we got about the Enclave's reaction to Pip clearing the sky (...turned their firepower on the pegasus ponies who have risen up t’ throw off the Enclave’s tyranny...) suggest she may be called upon to run off and put out yet more fires well after Pip's story ends.

Downloaded Skill wrote:While I was making breakfast today I realized something. With Blackjack's new enhancements, the plate on her chest and the ridges along her spine / head, she can't wear regular armor anymore.
I don't think that's the case. The legs, I'll grant, but it sounded to me like the spine and chest pieces were pretty low-profile. I expect she can wear ordinary armor, with the legs cut off if necessary.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:What I mean is using the fact that from what we know magical shields act like hard "walls", to create a "wall" in the form of a blade, which you could use as one and summon at will.

Or summon it inside somepony, tearing him/her from the insides in the process.
You mean like blood blades and the alicorn heart attack spell? I don't think you can necessarily use the edges of a shield to cut objects, but spells do exist in FOE continuity that serve those purposes just as well.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:17 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:>Adding Wings.

"Quest perk achieved: Shadowbolt armor Mk I. You’ve received the reinforcing base for Shadowbolt cybernetics. +3 DT."

Mk I and 'reinforcing base' both tell us that this most recent upgrade will lead to more. Also, Kkat did have an earth pony with cybernetic wings show up briefly. (Only detail I remember was it was in Friendship City, sorry.) Basically, yes, we will have cyber-alicorn Blackjack. I'd give more reasons why if there was any reason to doubt.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:39 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@ Cao : Plasticube posted the following in the fanart thread :
Spoiler:
"Cramming all those impact plates under your skin is going to make you look pretty damn angular, but in a very streamlined way. But who doesn't like the way a new car looks?"
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:06 am

@SilentCarto
Oh aye, I was more referring to how Somber said that the end is planned to come before this year is out, and that the pieces currently in motion do seem to correspond with the last big objectives on the board; though of course signs like this were quite altered in the original FOE with the arrival of the Enclave, and it is entirely possible that just such a thing will happen with PH. It's certainly not endgame yet, but Blackjack seems to be preparing to at last square off with a force aligned directly with, if not controlled by, the malignant heart of the Hoof - the Eater of Souls. There's plenty to do in the meantime, but I'm not sure there will be a bigger bad that this big bad. I also sort of anticipate an alliance of enemies before the end comes, incidentally; Lighthooves and Lancer need dealing with, one way or another. Might end up dead instead, of course, but I don't really think either would stand by or side with the EoS... though better ponies and zebras than them have been led astray by the power of the stars.

Returning to the original point, there may be more work to be done after the EoS is dealt with, and Blackjack's contacts with Thunderhead would make her a good pony to do so if she survives, but I'm not sure that we'd see that work in the PH story... or that she'd take it up, come to think of it. There are other ponies who are both willing and better equipped to fix the pegasi situation, and I don't know that BJ will come out of PH in a shape to take up another fight. Glory might, though, and Blackjack wouldn't leave her hanging. It'd be a cool read, if it happens; right now I think it's mostly speculative, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:02 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Returning to the original point, there may be more work to be done after the EoS is dealt with,
Er, that was sort of my point -- the EoS situation is more or less entirely independent of what's happening in Filly or the SPP Hub. Pip could clear the sky tomorrow and it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference as far as the threat of Horizons is concerned.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:23 am

Oh! My apologies, I thought it was something about the end of the Project Horizons story itself, and what that would look like, and then sort of just went off on tangents from there willy-nilly. Upon re-reading, you're talking more about stuff that will happen prior to that, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:29 pm

huh?

you mean that vagina looking thing? also I would like to point out that the Lavos appearance was also used in Starcraft 2 for kerrigan's hive spawning point in the last mission
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Nikel Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm

Once again a little late to the party. Wish there was some kind of NEW CHAPTER IS OUT!!! alarm instead of having to check that Google document every day. Oh well first impressions. This chapter felt shorter than unusual, not a bad thing but I noticed it. Considering the circumstances though, it's a miracle it even came out already. Once again this chapter was a 10/10 good job Somber. Mad props for your editors t-Huh...what? OH MAN WHATS THAT SOUND?

*~KHUUUUNT KHUUUUUNT!*

All aboard the the DEUS TANK!!!

Yea that part made me really happy. I am so glad that you decided to lengthen the fic. I foresee so many bad ass moments with Doof. Now usually introducing an indestructible tank into the story as a tool for the protagonists kind of ruins the suspense, but we are talking about Somber here so my only worry is about who is going to clean the bloody mess that DEUS TANK!!! will leave behind wherever it goes.

Well unless Somber trolls us all by making him guard Chapel or something. That'd be more disappointing than Mare Do well.

Out of the rest of the chapter I liked the scene with Triage and Grover making fun of BJ. Never get tired of that. I hope her thumbs come back though. They already saved her life half a dozen times. It'd be weird if BJ suddenly dies in the middle of the story just cause she could not pick up a gun with her steel reinforced hoof after she had her horn burnt out and the other three limbs eaten by a cyber ghoul dragon.

So EoS is Lavos. (Or Lilith's egg like someone mentioned above) Great. Just great. No wonder Goldie is trying to ram the whole damn moon into him.

Looks like Arloste's other souls memories are helping. She looks better. Even had a hearty laugh. Let's hope Lacunae will take it as well when the Goddess explodes tomorrow and she loses everything she is except for her soul which is stuck in BJ... yea....

Once again amazing chapter. Will eagerly await next chapter and DEUS TANK!!!'s first fight scene on the side of good. Let's hope villain decay won't Nerf him too badly.

Oh and for the love of god Somber, install speakers on him! As hilarious as it is to watch him communicate by swinging his guns around, it will be impractical if he sees something important and won't be able to tell it to the rest of the team.
Mister Nikel
Mister Nikel
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:15 pm

here I was thinking deus would be essential to taking down the greenhouse defense systems.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:00 pm

scootayay wrote:I'm only checking in because I just heard back from the printing.
Good news, we can include a letter if we want to. They just need to be able to print it. That confirmation email should also be on it's way now.

Anybody have something to put into a letter? Wanna sign it like a get well card or what?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Mister Nikel wrote:Looks like Arloste's other souls memories are helping. She looks better. Even had a hearty laugh. Let's hope Lacunae will take it as well when the Goddess explodes tomorrow and she loses everything she is except for her soul which is stuck in BJ... yea....
You know I wonder what is going to happen to Psalm's soul when the goddess explodes. Will it go back into her body? Will it stay in blackjack, if so what will happen then to lacunae?
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Spoiler:

There was a Psalm.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:18 pm

And it's inside BlackJack now, or so it seems.

Or at least parts of it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Lacunae will have to accept that she's a real pony IF she survives the death of Trixie.
I really, really hope she doesn't die come the time though. That would upset me.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Technically, there's no reason she should die. Boo is Soulless and this doesn't stop her from being alive and well.

Though this doesn't mean she'll stay sane or won't fall into shock-induced coma...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Kippershy wrote:Lacunae will have to accept that she's a real pony IF she survives the death of Trixie.
I really, really hope she doesn't die come the time though. That would upset me.

You and me both
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Technically, there's no reason she should die. Boo is Soulless and this doesn't stop her from being alive and well.

Though this doesn't mean she'll stay sane or won't fall into shock-induced coma...

The implications, if Snips and BJ are to be believed, suggest she may be more than soulless.

As for Lacunae... she did something selfish to Blackjack. What could possess someone who only ever lived to serve others to do something selfish, and what could it be? Will it protect her from the upcoming explosion, maybe?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Technically, there's no reason she should die. Boo is Soulless and this doesn't stop her from being alive and well.

The implications, if Snips and BJ are to be believed, suggest she may be more than soulless.

As for Lacunae... she did something selfish to Blackjack. What could possess someone who only ever lived to serve others to do something selfish, and what could it be? Will it protect her from the upcoming explosion, maybe?
Point. Though I have no idea how Lacunae could have possibly foreseen this, she might end up using BJ as an anchor of sorts.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:25 pm

I had wondered why or how Psalm had ended up into BlackJack. I had assumed it was just some freaky Unity soul-osmosis thingy or something.

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Meleagridis wrote:more than soulless
What do you mean ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:40 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Spoiler:
Probably. Come to think of it... she may be adorably out-of-tune sometimes, but has she really been gone so long that she doesn't know that it's rude to hover over someone in their sleep? And to just casually explain, "I was watching your dreams?" ...My memory isn't that strong... but wasn't that around the time the dreams started to happen?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Whoops missed this

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
What do you mean ?
Blackjack sure believes she's more than an animal. She's proven her uniqueness by simply surviving in Hippocratic- simply put, she isn't a blank. Maybe she started out as one (maybe- still not entirely convinced she is what she seems) but by virtue of her awareness, behavior, and bond with Blackjack she isn't the same thing as a blank right now. There is something that separates her and them
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:55 pm

I've been sure that Lacunae shoved Psalm into Blackjack for AGES now.
Nothing new to me.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Retl Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:13 pm

I enjoyed the chapter.
Spoiler:
Retl
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:
What do you mean ?
Blackjack sure believes she's more than an animal. She's proven her uniqueness by simply surviving in Hippocratic- simply put, she isn't a blank. Maybe she started out as one (maybe- still not entirely convinced she is what she seems) but by virtue of her awareness, behavior, and bond with Blackjack she isn't the same thing as a blank right now. There is something that separates her and them
This may be that contrary to the other blanks who just stayed idle in their pen, she had experiences of their own and 'discovered' the world, this stimulated her brain and made her more aware of her surroundings.

One in a million.

I'd be inclined to think that in Boo's case there's no magic involved, just random chance.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:random chance.

I was going to say that this doesn't exist in The Hoof... but today we learned the Marauders brought this fate upon themselves, not an evil city.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Throwing out some predictions.

If the story ends with Blackjack's body being thrashed to the point no cybernetics or magic could keep her alive or in a state she'd want to live in, Boo will step up to become Blackjack's new body. Soul transfer or something along those lines.

As for Lacunae, I'm predicting the death of Trixie will put her into a coma like state, kinda like how she was after the trip underground when Glory lost her wing and all. Chances are she started putting Psalm into Blackjack after that since that's who she use to be before she was absorbed into Unity.

More as a precaution in case she ends up in that state again rather than she suspect something would happen to The Goddess, but with Psalm's memories inside Blackjack, she'll be able to bring Lacunae back. Or rather, she'll bring Psalm back and hopefully the memories that matter to keep her stable.

Blackjack, being Blackjack, is most likely gonna suffer some kind of horrible mental backlash when Trixie dies. Other then regaining the memories the Goddess took, she's probably gonna have her mind slammed with psychic waves of all the other members of Unity as well.

And it's probably gonna happen in the middle of a huge fight, which will put her and Lacunae out of said fight for a long while.

Once again, just my predictions.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next