Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+52
Derpmind
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
ARoundCorner
iLateralGX
Bootleg
skibadaa
Plasticube
Scootayay
Aonee
TalixZero
RandomBlank
FoolNeim
Karasu
Ametros
Regolit
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
nebulous
Randombuttons
Meleagridis
Mister Nikel
Icy Shake
Sindri
Luminous Lead
OneMoreDaySK
Mech
hawkeye92
Stringtheory
Snipehamster
WovenTales
CamoBadger
Valikdu
RoboRed
Vergil
Kippershy
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Kaidon
WavemasterRyx
CannonFodder
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Ketchup
SilentCarto
56 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Luminous Lead Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Vergil wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:Imagine a Deusboat falling on the face of Blackjack...forever.

I KNOW WHAT SHE SAW THROUGH THAT CRYSTAL DOOR NOW

Crystal Door was Room 101? I should have made that connection sooner!

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:48 pm

::Sends Ryx a personal note and hug.::

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm really sorry I'm always so quiet and don't know what to say sometimes, but reading what works and what didn't is a huge booster for me. I think one reason why December was so crummy was that I didn't have a chance to get that feedback. There's nothing more precious to a writer.

Also... the Deus army... you have no idea how hard it was to explain to my students why I was in tears laughing today!
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:46 pm

It's good you can laugh that hard guy.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:03 am

Meleagridis wrote:...but we don't really have motive. Lacunae has no real reason to be preparing for the Goddess' final moments.
That is... not entirely accurate.

“You mean… anything that might convince her to change her mind is being put into you?” Velvet asked softly.
“All that remains is the certainty of the correctness of her course,” Lacunae said as she looked at LittlePip. “You know she plans to force you into Unity when you uphold your end of the bargain?”
The little unicorn swallowed hard and then gave a grudging little nod. “I figured she’d do something like that.”
“And you have a plan to stop her?” Lacunae asked as I saw, for the first time, tears in my friend’s eyes. LittlePip stood there for the longest time and then gave a single jerky nod. Lacunae gave a small smile as she closed her eyes. “Good.”

Plasticube wrote:
Valikdu wrote:...I just imagined the Pinkie swarm from Too Many Pinkie Pies, but made of little Deuses and chanting another word instead of 'fun'.

................ok

Spoiler:
._. wat.

Caoimhe wrote:Imagine a Deusboat falling on the face of Blackjack...forever.
That made me laugh a lot harder than it should have.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:31 am

What were Deus and Rampage like together in the stadium?

He's thick... but even he must have figured something was up.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:07 am

Meleagridis wrote:What were Deus and Rampage like together in the stadium?

Remember that Rampage said she didn't black out much during her stint as a Reaper. It's been happening a lot more around BJ.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:53 am

I RETURN!

Mister Nikel wrote:Once again a little late to the party. Wish there was some kind of NEW CHAPTER IS OUT!!! alarm instead of having to check that Google document every day.
Beyond the Somber Signal, what do you suggest?

BrentOGara wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Aren't you forgetting the Descendant Protocol? Or are you assuming that it won't work?
I'm not saying that it won't work so much as the program had several fall backs in case the chain of command was all killed. It'd be kind of dumb to create a program that only a small number of ponies that can over time be fired or replaced on the list and then when the end comes nobody other than a relative can use it. After all what were the chances that a relative of the mane 6 would be stationed at the base? It would also make sense why the last destination for the program is a military base, cause they would have a acting commanding officer regardless so long as some of the ponies hadn't died yet.

I mean, the instant Smiling Jack/Reaper/Echo discovers that Celestia herself is inhabiting a (nigh-indestructable) Soul-Jar Crusader Maneframe, well, EC-1101's wandering days are over. There is no self-consistent argument that includes the idea that anyone other than Celestia is worthy of EC-1101 if Celestia is available, no matter her current form.

The whole reason SJ/R/E was attached to EC-1101 in the first place was to ensure it got to the highest ranking pony still alive... and Celestia is and was and forever will be the highest ranking pony.
... on the other hand, I am an unrepentant Celestia Fanbrony... so, I may be just the slightest bit biased. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 2182320263
Somber wrote:“You want to hold Luna’s corpse responsible?” I asked with a shaky, uncertain smile.  “Sure.  Go ahead.  Blame a pile of bones, if you want.”
“Not just Luna or Celestia,” he said in a low, dangerous voice.
It seems rather unlikely that Echo's reaction to Celestia being alive would be giving her EC-1101.

@WavemasterRyx:
I hope that things improve for you soon.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 am

So much to catch up on, so much to read and a new episode today
O. Hinds wrote:
Beyond the Somber Signal, what do you suggest?
Some sky writing, flares or a few people who update their signatures with what the current latest chapter is and when it's been released.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Train Dodger Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:08 am

After mulling over the events of Chapter 42 for a while, I composed this little number.

Spoiler:
Train Dodger
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 am

Train Dodger wrote:After mulling over the events of Chapter 42 for a while, I composed this little number.

Spoiler:
Certainly interesting pieces. I expected them to be a bit more sad overall, but it's nice all the same.
Do the 40s represent the foals she killed?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Train Dodger Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am

Ketchup wrote:Do the 40s represent the foals she killed?

Yes, and if you lean your head to the left, the rolls of tape turn into 666.
Train Dodger
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:10 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:What were Deus and Rampage like together in the stadium?

Remember that Rampage said she didn't black out much during her stint as a Reaper. It's been happening a lot more around BJ.

Hm. She may not have been Twist, but is there any possibility that Deus picked up on anything? Maybe he could have gotten a glimpse of her creepy-ass cutie mark and seen a hint of Twist's? You'd think that if Rampage ever let her guard down it would be in her quarters at the Arena. Or even something Deus picked up on without realizing it... or maybe I'm just reaching now.

SilentCarto wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:...but we don't really have motive. Lacunae has no real reason to be preparing for the Goddess' final moments.
That is... not entirely accurate.

Hm. Do you think the Goddess would allow Lacunae to take precautions for her eventual demise? I had thought it would parallel Luna and winning the war, but Luna had several things that the Goddess simply shoved into Lacunae. Her (Luna's) crackdown on loss mitigation probably came from some self-doubt Trixie wouldn't tolerate.

But unlike Luna and the war, The Goddess would take such preparations personally. She hasn't shown any humility up to this point and making a failsafe would basically be an insult- insinuating the fallibility of a Goddess. Maybe she'd laugh it off- but I see her as more of a spiteful type. Probably sabotage the whole thing and meddle in Lacunae's mind like she did with Blackjack.

What if Lacunae doesn't even know what she did wrong?

(Or what if she knew she wouldn't know and made a plan based on not knowing what she knew and- nah, reaching again.)

Train Dodger wrote:After mulling over the events of Chapter 42 for a while, I composed this little number.

PH music!

Got a real 'creepy carnival' vibe to a lot of it. I love these instrumental pieces. And that drawing... yup, certified psycho. Neat idea.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Spoiler:

Welcome to the Forum! And you just earned a new subscriber!

So uh...

Spoiler:
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Something I noticed,
It seems like the phrase that I most associate with Project Horizons seems to be "Shooty Look". Kinda similar to FO:E's "Pregnant Pause".
Anyone else think something like that, or am I just crazy?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Spoiler:
...Or we could just not include the episode in PH canon. Honestly, why do so many people seem to think that that fics have to constantly reinvent themselves to take into account every last bit of new show canon that we get? No, really, why? I don't get it, and it really annoys me.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:39 pm

O. Hinds wrote:...Or we could just not include the episode in PH canon. Honestly, why do so many people seem to think that that fics have to constantly reinvent themselves to take into account every last bit of new show canon that we get? No, really, why? I don't get it, and it really annoys me.
I agree, especially with fanfics that run on their own background, where integrating every new detail from the show could unsettle that foundation
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:46 pm

O. Hinds wrote:...Or we could just not include the episode in PH canon. Honestly, why do so many people seem to think that that fics have to constantly reinvent themselves to take into account every last bit of new show canon that we get? No, really, why? I don't get it, and it really annoys me.
I agree on this. Constantly changing a fanfic to keep it in line with canon is a bad idea.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Pick-and-choose canon is the best canon. I felt the recent episode felt like bad fanfiction anyway (and the writer actually is a fan with familial industry connections who wrote the outline for it when he was 15, seriously) so I have no problem pretending the events didn't happen with regards to PH.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Regarding the episode:
Spoiler:

And like others have said, there's nothing wrong (and it's often best) to disregard canon - especially with a story that is so developed as a unique entity, and so far removed from the show anyway.
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:13 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
I agree on this. Constantly changing a fanfic to keep it in line with canon is a bad idea.
prime example: Past Sins, at least in my opinion it's a pretty good fanfic (no matter what anyone else as to say about it), though it obviously runs on season 1 canon, AND THAT'S FINE
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Spoiler:
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:36 pm

I'm all for putting this episode into the 'stuff we don't consider canon' bin for both FO:E and the general fandom (yes, that's how shitty I consider the lastest episode, but this is the wrong thread to talk about it)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Pick-and-choose canon is the best canon. I felt the
recent episode felt like bad fanfiction anyway (and the writer actually
is a fan with familial industry connections who wrote the outline for it
when he was 15, seriously) so I have no problem pretending the events didn't happen with regards to PH.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it felt to me, too. Though at least the ponies not in focus weren't made to look like giant pricks, as has often been the case this season and last (and sometimes the ponies in focus). The premise could conceivably have worked, but it needs more setup to make sense, at the very least.

I feel exactly the same way. In fact, I'll restate my feelings from a prior iteration of this discussion:

Icy Shake wrote:I'm not trying to say that no canon following some particular
cutoff, say, the release date of the afterward [of Fallout: Equestria in January 2012] at the latest, should be
integrated. Rather, my point is that that it's probably better to
consciously select what aspects are compatible and can be used to make
the story better, what works fine in the context of established FOE canon
but doesn't really do much to enable worthwhile additions, and what
parts do not work, or require overlarge contortions to make work, with Fallout: Equestria's (expanded) universe.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Icy Shake on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler'd the spoilers)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Hm. Do you think the Goddess would allow Lacunae to take precautions for her eventual demise? I had thought it would parallel Luna and winning the war, but Luna had several things that the Goddess simply shoved into Lacunae. Her (Luna's) crackdown on loss mitigation probably came from some self-doubt Trixie wouldn't tolerate.
Well... if Lac did think, "The Goddess needs to go down", and the Goddess didn't like it... what's she going to do? The whole point of Lacunae is to contain the thoughts the Goddess doesn't want. I'd bet that there are many in the Unity, even Trixie herself, who realize what terrible things they're doing. And that awareness gets shoved into Lac. If she wants to act on that, it's her own business.

YES! This! Thank you! Scootaloo
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Yeah, that's pretty much how it felt to me, too. Though at least the ponies not in focus weren't made to look like giant pricks, as has often been the case this season and last (and sometimes the ponies in focus). The premise could conceivably have worked, but it needs more setup to make sense, at the very least.
Yeah... I didn't have any specific beefs with the ep, but it desperately needed another 20 minutes to...
Spoiler:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Ermigersh! I just realized something (Episode Spoiler):
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Ermigersh! I just realized something (Episode Spoiler):

Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:14 am

I'm sorry I just like to speculate with the new cannon alright? I didn't mean that somber had to change something, Or anything like that.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:37 am

Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:
Or it could drain all the evil out of a pony? Like hypothetically if you drained the urge and the high murderers get when killing someone then psychologically reforming them into a normal person is a breeze. Imagine if you could just go into a prison and drain any and all illegal urges or highs criminals get from committing a crime?

If such a thing was in real life we would abuse it to death.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next