Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+52
Derpmind
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
ARoundCorner
iLateralGX
Bootleg
skibadaa
Plasticube
Scootayay
Aonee
TalixZero
RandomBlank
FoolNeim
Karasu
Ametros
Regolit
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
nebulous
Randombuttons
Meleagridis
Mister Nikel
Icy Shake
Sindri
Luminous Lead
OneMoreDaySK
Mech
hawkeye92
Stringtheory
Snipehamster
WovenTales
CamoBadger
Valikdu
RoboRed
Vergil
Kippershy
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Kaidon
WavemasterRyx
CannonFodder
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Ketchup
SilentCarto
56 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kattlarv Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:35 pm

@Rum: True. But they can seem very small at many times sadly... at least if you go with what is "loud". It is true that said people are not always the majority, but often a large portion.

@Kipper: I can see a point in that... though there are quite a few other places one could do similar in if you ask me.

And erf... man my head has been spinning lately heh... really oddly pounding in my head...

@OAC: Huh... well, look at that heh. But never was a fan of fizzy drinks tbh.

@EP: (Deus) I still as said have no idea how he is still alive after his brain died. Was he just a back up copy or something?

@Swicked: I kinda went over the whole Flutter-Blood pairing, several times, sometimes even decently xD But my main suspicion is that he just picked+used her as she was the most easy to manipulate (and applicable to his schemes. even if she has no reason to want to have a foal, or well, has to be pretty dunked in the head to think it's a good idea. But that thought doesn't come across anyone in PH, as said, sometimes I even wonder if they know how foals are made as reckless as they are with it.) to simply use her for her womb to make a successor that could use "ministry items" and that he could mould as he wanted for his... whatever he now had planned to do. And man, that came out more messy than I had hoped for... meh.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:23 am

Caoimhe wrote:@FoolNeim

You should always tip 20% for everything, regardless if it's shitty or not. Tip more for exceptional service at a bar/restaurant. Though I usually give $2 for cab rides under $15 and 20% for over since taxi drivers in Boston proper are almost all fucking awful antisocial people that will curse at you if you dare to pay with a credit card even though it's the law that they have to accept it.
I generally tip the next even dollar amount between 15% an 20%. Under $7, $1. $7 to $13, $2. $13 to $20, $3. And so on. But that may just be my OCD acting up. Derpy Hooves
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:27 am

@Caprice

Her end... ignominious. A shame, really. I was expecting a little more from her than “Sold u out agin btw sorry gtg.” Now her debt of interest passes on to Ursury... and the outlook is grim. Grim for Bottlecap too. Caprice stuck to the self-serve in the middle of morality and it got her killed. Ursury is shoveling cow manure and is probably intending to stick to her side of the spectrum as well... that will probably get her killed. And just as Caprice represented neutral through to the last, so too must Bottlecap wear her white hat till the end... even if that hat is the only thing fate is aiming for.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:visit east coast Canada maritime communities like St. Andrew's, spend some time in Prince Edward Island if possible, get lots of hiking in, and don't try to make friends with the wildlife, especially bears and buffaloes.
And I say "What about New Brunswick?"
Also Bryson is a rocking author.

swicked wrote:What were Big Daddy's four horses of the apocalypse?
Deus, Rampage, Gorgon and... who?
I do recall... someone getting mentioned. I think it might have been Rampage mentioning it... a hugely successful reaper, on the level of these others that just... vanished. Been waiting for something on that since book one.

swicked wrote:A long time ago somber did an out of fic question and answer session in which we could ask his characters anything we wanted.
I remember that! Out of everything I saw catching up in the comments, that was by far my favourite part. I’m so sad that the PHtumblr idea never got off the ground... and that I missed the whole thing. Though truth be told I’d probably just spam a bunch of questions for Cerberus.
What do you think of Blackjack?:

Finally time to go to bed-
swicked wrote: I wrote more outtake-y things.
Or not.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:25 am

RedEye's thread about caps

http://askredeye.tumblr.com/post/17122160642/bottlecaps-how-did-they-become-the-official-form-of
http://askredeye.tumblr.com/post/17134301548/reasons-bottlecaps-became-the-wastelands-currency
http://askredeye.tumblr.com/post/17259150108/a-bottlecaps-legend
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:21 am

I forgot Caprice died. Sadface.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:11 am

swicked wrote:By the way, though it already got posted in the chat thread (well, minus two of them), I wrote more outtake-y things.

Fallout: Equestria: Project Horizons: Missed Opportunities: Mad Mares

For anyone new, yes, this is my quasi-fanfic of a fanfic of a fanfic.
Hahaha!

Meleagridis wrote:
I do recall... someone getting mentioned. I think it might have been Rampage mentioning it... a hugely successful reaper, on the level of these others that just... vanished. Been waiting for something on that since book one.
...Brutus, maybe? I don't know.

Also, poke about the Moojave thread; no rush, but I thought you said that you'd like another reminder if a long enough amount of time passed.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:visit east coast Canada maritime communities like St. Andrew's, spend some time in Prince Edward Island if possible, get lots of hiking in, and don't try to make friends with the wildlife, especially bears and buffaloes.
And I say "What about New Brunswick?"
Also Bryson is a rocking author.
Heh, I live in New Brunswick, so I can vouch for hiking here. There are some great trails in the southern areas on NB.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Who remembers Chapter 32? Yeah, me too

The Choir
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:32 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Who remembers Chapter 32? Yeah, me too

The Choir

Holy shit, that gave me chills...

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Sounds like one of Trent Reznor's ambient themes from the Quake 1 soundtrack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90gID2mLPZA

The main theme has a lot of creepy screaming throughout, too. Around a minute and a half in it becomes more appropriate for the scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv5Jvr2Fp48

Choir is such a huge turning point in the story, I find. It sort of comes out of nowhere, is really telling of things to come and truly shows the unseen horrors that lay ahead for our characters. It really puts into perspective how terrifying some of these hidden things are.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:07 pm

The Choir

Dayum. I really want to stick this little thing somewhere unexpected...
The choir was a single note, one I imagined to be more droning than screeching. So there that.

O. Hinds wrote:Moojave
Right. Every time I try and hunker down on that I get distracted... and sometimes my time runs out and I bugger off. Thanks for reminding me.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:35 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:
...Brutus, maybe? I don't know.

Also, poke about the Moojave thread; no rush, but I thought you said that you'd like another reminder if a long enough amount of time passed.
Well the battle with the brotherhood did wipe out a number of reapers. Maybe the majority of the top ten died and with it the other one of the four horses, or it could be brutus.

Besides Blackjack since becoming a cyborg makes the others look like kittens in comparison anyhow.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:15 am

The Choir
That sounded...cheezy, in my opinion. Noble attempt. In all fairness I don't creep out easily.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 0911becd7746d0f8d18200d79fbcf0cd

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:25 am

swicked wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

The Choir
That sounded...cheezy, in my opinion. Noble attempt. In all fairness I don't creep out easily.
Oh come on, it was funny. I wish they'd had different words coming from different voices, like The Master, but it was a still a nice piece of work.
I really wish the entire bit could have been a cappella, though. Warped and everything, sure, but all actual voices.
I just sat there looking at my screen like "Wat". Chrysalis

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:46 am

swicked wrote:By the way, though it already got posted in the chat thread (well, minus two of them), I wrote more outtake-y things.

Fallout: Equestria: Project Horizons: Missed Opportunities: Mad Mares

For anyone new, yes, this is my quasi-fanfic of a fanfic of a fanfic.
I think they turned out nicely, swicked, definitely amusing.

Meleagridis wrote:
swicked wrote:A long time ago somber did an out of fic question and answer session in which we could ask his characters anything we wanted.
I remember that! Out of everything I saw catching up in the comments, that was by far my favourite part. I’m so sad that the PHtumblr idea never got off the ground... and that I missed the whole thing. Though truth be told I’d probably just spam a bunch of questions for Cerberus.
What do you think of Blackjack?:
Yeah, it really is too bad that never worked out, it probably would have been pretty interesting.
And that gif made me smile a little.

The Choir
I think they did a pretty good job with it.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:12 am

Okay question time, question time. (If you don't want background skip to the next bolded section)
We over at the Minecraft server (Tylertoon2, Necro, Orange, Ketchup504, Rum and once every lunar alignment Swicked) have been working on Minecraft type things and we are at long last turning out attention to the original goal of the server... Making Hoofington.

To demonstrate how organized we are, we conquered a world, got Feed the Beast installed, built ourselves a megalopolis, abunch of other things and produced after three months... zero hoofington.

Yes we spent three months mucking about building things but hey we are ready now so yay us.

Question time now

What you you imagine Hoofington to look like?
We have descriptions, we are starting to collate those, we got a description of various landmarks but in order to start building Hoofington from the core out we need more. We need your ideas (be they direct references or simple mental images) of what it's look street by street in Hoofington. We want to start building the whole thing, if not 1 to 1 then 1 to 4.

So please, take a moment and draw yourself a mental picture of Hoofington then share it with us would you kindly?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:43 am

The Choir
Wünderbar !

Magnifique !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:21 am

Hey everyone, been kinda busy building my rig on Wednesday, and re-downloading a whole lot of stuff. So I had some time to reread the story.
I might even be able to get onto Minecraft now.

@oHinds
Mares and Stallions wrote:I closed my eyes a moment, then snorted and pushed his face away with a snort.
This just bugged me.

Not sure about other possible mistakes, since the pdf version doesn't seem to use the updated chapters at times.

Consequences wrote:Flanks of steel? How do you beguile with flanks of steel? Who was I going to seduce, the tank?
This made me laugh a little. Something is wrong with me.

Also, I wonder what happened to Flank. I know Caprice said Citrine took it over, but then Dawn happened to visit there.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:48 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Consequences wrote:Flanks of steel? How do you beguile with flanks of steel? Who was I going to seduce, the tank?
This made me laugh a little. Something is wrong with me.
"You have huge tracks. . . erm of land that is"
"I like bigger vehicles" *slapped*
"My friends can drive their cars all they want. All I want for christmas is a vehicle who understands my need for the ability to crush a man"
"Sheela come back to me! I miss you muffin!"
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:51 pm

just found this piece of fan art:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Scotch_tape_and_p_21_by_whispir-d5orn6a
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:09 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@oHinds
Mares and Stallions wrote:I closed my eyes a moment, then snorted and pushed his face away with a snort.
This just bugged me.

Not sure about other possible mistakes, since the pdf version doesn't seem to use the updated chapters at times.
Huhwha-- Oh, you're posting a spotted mistake from ten chapters ago! Thanks; it's been fixed. In the future, though, would you please use chapter numbers rather than titles for this sort of thing? It would make my job a bit easier.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:52 pm

stringtheory wrote:just found this piece of fan art:

Goddamn that's awesome, I want to know everything about this artist. Wonderfully warm colours and shading.

Also, I imagine the core of Hoofington to be filled with a lot of black very tall windowless buildings, akin to telephone switching hubs you see in majour cities like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/33_Thomas_Street

Perhaps Shadowbolt Tower is like this as well, in place of the vents, they're landing bays for pegasai!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Goddamn that's awesome, I want to know everything about this artist. Wonderfully warm colours and shading.

PH fanart thread, here to serve :
CamoBadger wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:
Who is the artist?
http://whispir.deviantart.com/
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:Goddamn that's awesome, I want to know everything about this artist. Wonderfully warm colours and shading.

PH fanart thread, here to serve :
did not know that thread existed, will post all fan art there from now on
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:27 am

Finally got to Boo yesterday in my countdown.

Spoiler:
http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/38526794771
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:36 am

Rainbow
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:04 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Finally got to Boo yesterday in my countdown.

Spoiler:
"Princess Snack Cake, ally and loyal vassal to Her Highness Queen Whiskey I, welcomes you to her court!"
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:04 am

@Ryx
So much this. Part of her reminds me of the squirrels at my college, actually - the posture and the belly, most like. I like it, lots!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:08 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:Finally got to Boo yesterday in my countdown.

Spoiler:
Good work, I love the cake chair. And Boo is adorable, too.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:21 pm

As always, amazingly cute work, Ryx. Really good.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next