Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+52
Derpmind
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
ARoundCorner
iLateralGX
Bootleg
skibadaa
Plasticube
Scootayay
Aonee
TalixZero
RandomBlank
FoolNeim
Karasu
Ametros
Regolit
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
nebulous
Randombuttons
Meleagridis
Mister Nikel
Icy Shake
Sindri
Luminous Lead
OneMoreDaySK
Mech
hawkeye92
Stringtheory
Snipehamster
WovenTales
CamoBadger
Valikdu
RoboRed
Vergil
Kippershy
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Kaidon
WavemasterRyx
CannonFodder
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Ketchup
SilentCarto
56 posters

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Somber wrote:Horizons is much bigger than Folly, but it is very much the same principle. Trottenheimer made Folly understanding and trusting that the silver bullets wouldn't be used against Luna or Celestia. Goldenblood had to build Horizons with something a little more clandestine than usual. But a weapon IS only half of it. You have to look at all the other things that Goldenblood did for Horizons to make sense.

Hmm. "A little more cladestine than usual"... Perhaps that's the commandos who raided the museum minutes before the Last Day? If the purpose of that raid was to grab the meteor fragments to use in the core of Horizons, that could make sense. Though their foreknowledge of either the missile attack or activation of Partypooper would seem to speak to them being OIA operatives under Horse and/or Ruby.

Kippershy wrote:Option 1:
Project Horizons destroys the moon.
Moon rocks are known to be highly reactive with the eater, explosively so. If the moon were to be destroyed then it's source of gravity would stop completely as it breaks up - causing the gravity of Equestria to pull in large chunks, falling down as a massive asteroid belt attack.

Option 2:

It would skip the moon part, Project Horizons simply fires down directly at the eater, possibly hitting some moonstone deposit that's located next to it and sets off an explosion large enough to take out the planet.
I'm still having trouble thinking that Goldie knew enough about the Eater to set up a whole multi-ministry project dedicated to destroying it. Hell, even Blackjack doesn't know the whole story; it was only her soul, not her brain, that got the story from the stars. (Though the success of her souldive in Rampage suggests that those memories could be extracted from her soul and placed in conscious memory, if she knew it was there...)

Kippershy wrote:This attack would fit in quite nicely with the whole prophecy of the stars, the star maiden shall call down the power of the sun using her left hoof (EC-1101 in the PB fires up towards the moon with a beam so bright, it may as well be the sun.) and calls down the moon with her right. (As the moon falls. Due to most people being right handed, we "do" things with our right hand, regardless. It's the expression used to describe the acts we've done - much like a 'right hand man' does our bidding.)
I very much doubt this. First, 'the power of the sun' has to refer to Celestia One, especially since EC-1101, worn on her left hoof, would give her access to direct it at will.

Kippershy wrote:You take his Luna away? You threaten everything Equestria is and stands for? He destroys the whole fucking planet in return.
The ultimate doomsday device.
You hurt her... he doesn't even risk giving you the chance to survive the outcome.
Doesn't seem like Goldie's style. Remember, Horizons was conceived many months before the end, and with Luna's approval. I doubt she would approve a project whose concept was "fuck you, world" in the event of her own death. It seems to me that Luna was horrified by its method, not its goal.

CannonFodder wrote:Bigger than Folly?! Sweet lord that's crazy powerful.
Not particularly. Not on the scale of megaspells. Folly is more of a suitcase nuke; it cuts out a cone of ultimate destruction at close range, but that will fade with distance. Yes, it punched a hole in the clouds at Miramare, but it doesn't take a lot of force to disrupt clouds, so that doesn't give us a very good estimate of its damage falloff. For comparison, one balefire bomb was sufficient to vitrify an area the size of Central Park, and absent magical shields, leveled Manehattan for miles in every direction.
('Vitrify' is a fun word. Vitrify. Vitrify. Twilight Sparkle )
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:36 pm

SilentCarto wrote:I'm still having trouble thinking that Goldie knew enough about the Eater to set up a whole multi-ministry project dedicated to destroying it. Hell, even Blackjack doesn't know the whole story; it was only her soul, not her brain, that got the story from the stars. (Though the success of her souldive in Rampage suggests that those memories could be extracted from her soul and placed in conscious memory, if she knew it was there...)
Well, my theories on the matter, which I've explained here before, say that that wouldn't work, but I could be wrong.

SilentCarto wrote:I very much doubt this. First, 'the power of the sun' has to refer to Celestia One, especially since EC-1101, worn on her left hoof, would give her access to direct it at will.
How would she fire C1 at will? It requires a full team of trained unicorns as part of its mechanism.

Last edited by O. Hinds on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Horizons ends with one big orgy. Big mac

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Sure, Glory just saw her mum turning into a freak that sliced her dad up.
Sure, P-21 would've never known his parents and lived a life of repeatedly getting raped.
Sure, Rampage has gone through everything she has.
Sure, Lacunae deals with all that memory dump...
However, only Blackjack truly understands the responsibility.

Only Blackjack understands the guilt of messing up - of having your choices hurt the ones you love the most, of hurting the ponies who look up to you or seek you out for protection.

So we are ignoring the part where:
-Glory joined the volunteer corps and was therefore complicit in spreading Raider-inducing food,
-Rampage killed kids that trusted her,
-P-21 tried to commit suicide, or where he stole his daughter's medicine,
-Lacunae sabotaged/did something mysterious to Blackjack behind her back.

"Fucking things up but persevering anyway" is not Blackjack's unique talent. Granted, she gets a larger portion of it, but that's due to her always being in the position of authority. The others have been ground down most of their lives, so there weren't all that many mistakes to make.

Somber was right:the why of it is so incredibly important. There are many reasons and rationales for why Goldenblood would want to destroy equestria, save it, or convert it into something entirely new. Perhaps the thing that Blackjack has the most in common with him is that they both knew practically everybody and never leave a lukewarm impression. He had his fingers in all the pies and his neck was on every chopping block. He was at every major meeting both in and out of the spotlight, and Blackjack's has been sitting on his shoulder the whole time. She's seen all his faces. Kind of ironic that the one who knows him best has never actually met him in person.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:
-Glory joined the volunteer corps and was therefore complicit in spreading Raider-inducing food,
Glory didn't know about the disease, therefore, she was not complicit. Nor did she necessarily distribute any food. The first mission she was on ended in the death of her team.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Welp, not that long delay on my post tbh. Seems like I managed to recover quite decently after all.

Chapter review:
Spoiler:

Whew... finally done... that only took a week longer than it should have. Curse you period!
... overall think all the "illogical and stupid flaws" in PH makes me dislike the story more and more as a whole. Especially as they keep getting milked. Gah, why can't my brain be better at ignoring stuff?

@Tyler: (curse words) Meh, feel free to steal that. Use it since it's a "legitimate" curse word so to speak.

Welp, this is (pathetically) all the catching up I'll do today. Erf... will have 15+ pages to catch up on. 12 atm.

Last edited by Kattlarv on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : (fff- hate when you copy+paste text and it does this shit of "lets make all the text 1/3 as long to the sides!"))
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Somber wrote:Sorry I haven't been posting. I've been in a bit of a funk trying to decide if Sky Striker lives or dies. That and I've gotten buried in my grading... again. Worse than before... ::Sigh:: The anti depressants and chewing up one side and the other.

Dawn isn't a changeling. She's almost entirely robot at this point, even more augmented than Blackjack. The green eyes was just me messing with you. Sorry.
I'm really sorry to hear that, Somber... I do hope you'll be able to get through your school work alright. I believe in you, sir.

As for Sky Striker... just do what you need to. As long as you just do your best, I'm sure you could make either outcome work.
And for Dawn, nothing to be sorry about at all.

*hugs you gently*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:15 pm

Speaking of Sky Strider (Catching up on the forums) the solution is obvious either put it up to an internet vote and/or have an animal pick. If it's one thing that the Olympics coverage taught me, it's that Cephalops make excellent predictors of sporting events.

So get a fanfic character death picking hedgehog and you'll be set Somber. Just don't make a mistake and go with a plot picking chinchilla, those are lying rodents who don't know good story structure if it bit them and it does.

I still remember when Robert Jordan was deciding who to pair Rand up with in the Wheel of Time and he used a plot picking chinchilla to help him make his choice and the little bastard picked all of the above. Bottom line don't trust Chinchillas.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Regolit Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Please can someone pointing out where in PH raised the issue of zony's futility? And who ever thought to apply Haldane's rule to talking ponies and zebras, who live in the world of magic?
Regolit
Regolit
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:24 am

Regolit wrote:Please can someone pointing out where in PH raised the issue of zony's futility? And who ever thought to apply Haldane's rule to talking ponies and zebras, who live in the world of magic?
My apologies, but I do not understand your questions.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:36 am

Luminous Lead wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Sure, Glory just saw her mum turning into a freak that sliced her dad up.
Sure, P-21 would've never known his parents and lived a life of repeatedly getting raped.
Sure, Rampage has gone through everything she has.
Sure, Lacunae deals with all that memory dump...
However, only Blackjack truly understands the responsibility.

Only Blackjack understands the guilt of messing up - of having your choices hurt the ones you love the most, of hurting the ponies who look up to you or seek you out for protection.

-Rampage killed kids that trusted her,
-P-21 tried to commit suicide, or where he stole his daughter's medicine,
-Lacunae sabotaged/did something mysterious to Blackjack behind her back.

"Fucking things up but persevering anyway" is not Blackjack's unique talent. Granted, she gets a larger portion of it, but that's due to her always being in the position of authority. The others have been ground down most of their lives, so there weren't all that many mistakes to make.

Somber was right:the why of it is so incredibly important. There are many reasons and rationales for why Goldenblood would want to destroy equestria, save it, or convert it into something entirely new. Perhaps the thing that Blackjack has the most in common with him is that they both knew practically everybody and never leave a lukewarm impression. He had his fingers in all the pies and his neck was on every chopping block. He was at every major meeting both in and out of the spotlight, and Blackjack's has been sitting on his shoulder the whole time. She's seen all his faces. Kind of ironic that the one who knows him best has never actually met him in person.

Everyone fucks up, yeah, but you wouldn't understand what I mean unless you have been a leader yourself.
It's different to fuck up normally then it is to fuck up for the whole crew. I know from experience - and no, we're not talking sports either.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Regolit wrote:Please can someone pointing out where in PH raised the issue of zony's futility? And who ever thought to apply Haldane's rule to talking ponies and zebras, who live in the world of magic?
My apologies, but I do not understand your questions.

I think he/she is commenting on the fact that in the real world, a zebra/pony hybrid would find it harder to reproduce (due to genetics, or other factors), and is asking where this is brought up in the story.

WikipediaHaldanesrule wrote:Hybrid sterility and inviability increase reproductive isolation,
which leads to speciation... The basis by which the heterogametic sex
becomes more susceptible to hybrid inferiority (sterility or
inviability)
has been a focus of theoretical and empirical explorations
that have greatly enriched our understanding of sexual reproduction and
speciation.

I don't know whether hybrid inferiority is brought up at all, but incompatible genetics is the reason why Pegasi are highly resistant to Cannibalistic Raider Disease (Pegasi are farthest from the "baseline" that Zebras share with Ponies).

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:59 am

Eh, sorry for taking so long on this first impressions review.

Chapter 52 Review:

All in all, a great chapter. Highlights of the impressions was me raging at Dawn, and wondering the fate of her husband. Also wondering the degree of control she has on her own body now, and the fact that Rover's gonna charge you now. Maybe that's excuse to go off to free the HellHounds.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:57 am

The dragon Dawn described was Mister Topaz, not Spike.

If a weapon launched from Equestria hit the moon and broke it, the debris would either come back together under its own gravity or if the weapon was energetic enough spiral out of Equestria's world's orbit. No falling down to the world as meteors unless the weapon spun around in space to hit the dark side of the moon. Either way with the hitting the light side options, the energy released would fry whatever side of the world was facing the moon at the time, unless it was a directed energy weapon rather than a missile.

How damaging would destroying the Eater all at once using an equivalent amount of moonstone be? If we knew the Eater's mass, we could go ahead and do a matter-energy conversion equation.
nebulous
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 am

O. Hinds wrote:How would she fire C1 at will? It requires a full team of trained unicorns as part of its mechanism.
Well, we know they got together to do it for Pip -- the endgame on PH seems to stretch beyond Sunshine and Rainbows, so it wouldn't necessarily be out of the question for the Society to activate C-1 again for the benefit of Twilight's descendant and let her use EC-1101 (possibly with Dealer's help) to run targeting.

Luminous Lead wrote:Somber was right:the why of it is so incredibly important. There are many reasons and rationales for why Goldenblood would want to destroy equestria, save it, or convert it into something entirely new.
Huh... or maybe... return it to the innocence of his childhood? After all, he was the first one to warn Twilight about what Equestria would be like if they won. He specifically called out Luna building a clone army.
Chapter 38 wrote:“And think. If we could somehow give blanks intellect, we wouldn’t need ponies to fight anymore. We could produce whole armies of blanks, suit them up in power armor or fuse them with dragons, manticores, and phoenixes and send them against our enemies. With Chimera, we could conquer the entire world, if Luna willed it!” he said with a grand wave of his hoof, before he dropped it and stared into her eyes. “And she will. Maybe not today, or tomorrow… but she will. The temptation is inescapable,” he finished in a dreadfully quiet voice; I couldn’t tell if he was talking to Twilight or to himself.
Twilight stared at the blank in horror. Goldenblood stared into her eyes, then asked in a voice soft as a lover’s whisper, “Twilight… have you given a thought... just a thought… about what Equestria will be like if we win this war?”
This was mere hours before his arrest for treason. Perhaps he subsequently did -- or had already done -- something to ensure Equestria would lose, or that the wartime technology wouldn't outlive the war?

By the way, Hinds, there's a typo in chapter 38:
“Then you tell her anyway.” I was the equestrian grand champion of kicking myself.
Equestrian should be capitalized.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Bull. Friggin. Horseapples. <rage>I hate it when characters ditch their family to 'protect' them. All that animosity towards your family ain't gonna dissappear just because you're gone.
In fact, it probably makes it worse, since one of the children's pillar of support and role model just decides to leave. YOUR KIDS NEED YOU JUST AS MUCH! </rage>
Ugh. It just really bothers me when there are kids involved. If it was just Sky Striker I'd be a bit more understanding of being frustrated with the Enclave. But... yeah.
I'm actually going to go to bat for Dawn on this one. Imagine if Calamity had kids back in the Enclave. Was he going to do them any favors by refusing to go quietly, get branded as a Dashite, and leave the Enclave? The other alternative is a SWAT team shootout. Once the Enclave decides you're inconvenient, it's kind of a no-win scenario.

I wonder if Dawn was converted as recently as BJ unlocking Steelpony. She could have been in a stasis tube since she "died" from Enervation, and only augmented a couple weeks ago.

You know, as powerful as her augs are, they're pretty lightweight compared to Deus -- the 'scout armor' set, as it were. The analogy with Steel Ranger armor vs. Enclave armor seems pretty strong. Deus would have simply shrugged off handgun rounds, while Dawn had to back off and let her armor regenerate after multiple hits from D&s. Likewise, she doesn't have tank-killer cannons, but if she can get close she can peel them like an orange.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 am

SilentCarto wrote:

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Bull. Friggin. Horseapples. <rage>I hate it when characters ditch their family to 'protect' them. All that animosity towards your family ain't gonna dissappear just because you're gone.
In fact, it probably makes it worse, since one of the children's pillar of support and role model just decides to leave. YOUR KIDS NEED YOU JUST AS MUCH! </rage>
Ugh. It just really bothers me when there are kids involved. If it was just Sky Striker I'd be a bit more understanding of being frustrated with the Enclave. But... yeah.
I'm actually going to go to bat for Dawn on this one. Imagine if Calamity had kids back in the Enclave. Was he going to do them any favors by refusing to go quietly, get branded as a Dashite, and leave the Enclave? The other alternative is a SWAT team shootout. Once the Enclave decides you're inconvenient, it's kind of a no-win scenario.

I wonder if Dawn was converted as recently as BJ unlocking Steelpony. She could have been in a stasis tube since she "died" from Enervation, and only augmented a couple weeks ago.

You know, as powerful as her augs are, they're pretty lightweight compared to Deus -- the 'scout armor' set, as it were. The analogy with Steel Ranger armor vs. Enclave armor seems pretty strong. Deus would have simply shrugged off handgun rounds, while Dawn had to back off and let her armor regenerate after multiple hits from D&s. Likewise, she doesn't have tank-killer cannons, but if she can get close she can peel them like an orange.

But at least she'd have her family with her to support and be supported by. Just ditching them for some potential savior of the wasteland is stupid. Leaving meant that Sky Striker had to take care of all the kids by himself, as well as whatever fallout would occur with the Enclave. Thankfully he seems to have managed well. She seems to do that. Can't handle stress of the Hoofington six? <i>Run away with Striker.</i> Can't handle the Enclave? <i>Run away to find heroes.</i> Is that a pattern yet, or is it too soon to call?

Dusk was mad at her but in a coma. Sky Striker is probably dying at the moment from heal-resistant wounds and visibly upset. The twins Lucent and Lambent probably miss her. And we haven't heard from Moonshadow yet, but seeing as she's into research she might be at Shadowbolt tower. And Glory went from upset to outraged. Kinda reminds me of this little quote from her:
Morning Glory wrote: “Walking away isn’t strong!” She snapped back at me. “Sticking it out, backing your fellow pegasi, doing what must be done. . . that’s strength,” she said firmly.
Though it might not apply so much now to her philosophy, as of then she was bashing Calamity, and already met him.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:18 am

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:How would she fire C1 at will? It requires a full team of trained unicorns as part of its mechanism.
Well, we know they got together to do it for Pip -- the endgame on PH seems to stretch beyond Sunshine and Rainbows, so it wouldn't necessarily be out of the question for the Society to activate C-1 again for the benefit of Twilight's descendant and let her use EC-1101 (possibly with Dealer's help) to run targeting.
But why? EC-1101 by itself is useless for this task, and any communication channel would do. Speaking of which, EC-1101 probably doesn't have a useable com channel from the Hoof to Tenpony either. At least at the moment.

SilentCarto wrote:By the way, Hinds, there's a typo in chapter 38:
“Then you tell her anyway.” I was the equestrian grand champion of kicking myself.
Equestrian should be capitalized.
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty I haven't been on TVtropes in forever

Post by Meleagridis Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:26 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote: She seems to do that. Can't handle stress of the Hoofington six? <i>Run away with Striker.</i> Can't handle the Enclave? <i>Run away to find heroes.</i> Is that a pattern yet, or is it too soon to call?

Might want to call up BJ and tell her you found her 'reason-you-suck' speech. There is no way either Blackjack or Glory won't be calling Dawn out on this. Probably at a pretty critical moment, too. It would probably work if it wasn’t for Cogs. Dawn was clearly pretty broken up about everything she’d done, acting like she’d been punched in the gut when BJ called her out for being a douchebag. A little more pushing and she'd surely go over the edge. But the new Dawn has no more weaknesses to exploit.

That we know of. If she has any power in there, I’ve got no doubt that she’d be more than willing to use what little she has for Blackjack... or at least Glory. We need one final goodbye, so the least we can hope for is that she dies as herself.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:02 pm

@Meleagridis
I'm lucky I've already been to those pages, or else I'd be wasting all that time.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm

@Meleagridis:
No rush, but do you have any idea when the Moojave thread might be going online?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Having gotten into the drink last night I wanted to post this quickly before I have to run again. Something somber said stuck with me last night while I was thinking (IE walking the dog through the woods)
Somber wrote: I've been in a bit of a funk trying to decide if Sky Striker lives or dies.

At nature here we have a binary possibility, does Sky Striker live or die. At the moment he's in an effective quantum state of being both alive and dead until chapter 53 is released. When we peak inside the box so to speak and get a look at the body the probability waveforms will collapse and we will find a dead Glory's dad or a live one. Also I'll stop using round about methods to explain my point but I digress.

The key turning point in my head is simple, did Cogs MAKE Dawn try and kill Sky Striker. Or alternatively did Dawn try and kill Sky Striker on her own. If the first that Cogs tried to make Dawn kill Sky Striker then he should die as this is narrative thing to do in keeping track of everything that has gone before in Project Horizon. If on the other hand Dawn tried to kill him herself then obvious she should fail. If she is being setting up for the tragic fall of the high idealist then being forced to kill her husband is breaking her will. Cogs has ensured there is no going back by making her slay her lover. On the flip side if she's trying to do it herself then she has to fail because she's again falling, not only did she try and kill Striker she failed to do so. Thus he knows his wife is willing to kill him and that will break his heart.

FYI if this were FoE I'd argue the exact same thing but reversed. Project Horizon is always about the most depressing of all possible outcomes.

Thoughts?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Eh, I really want him alive, yet crippled. Then we can explore interaction between the two some more. What's him being dead going to do to help the story along? More angst? He'd be buried(?) with honors, and the rest of the family will have more depressing mental burdens. Come on, I want to see some kind of father-in-law drama/silliness later on. I also want to see the power shift now that Sky Striker is essentially out of the picture for the Enclave, regardless of his status.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:36 pm

^ This, all the this.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Oh totally. I want to see Sky Striker and Blackjack trade shots of Willy P.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 pm

He died... it's a dead cat in that box Jim...

Reasoning: you can smell it!

Last edited by Admiral Stoic Rum on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:46 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:But at least she'd have her family with her to support and be supported by. Just ditching them for some potential savior of the wasteland is stupid. Leaving meant that Sky Striker had to take care of all the kids by himself, as well as whatever fallout would occur with the Enclave. Thankfully he seems to have managed well. She seems to do that. Can't handle stress of the Hoofington six? <i>Run away with Striker.</i> Can't handle the Enclave? <i>Run away to find heroes.</i> Is that a pattern yet, or is it too soon to call?
I don't disagree that she has a history of fleeing from her problems, but you don't seem to accept that she was on the verge of getting herself executed. She could either keep talking about helping the surface and get herself executed, shut up and abandon her quest forever, or leave. She left. I'm not saying it was the only choice or the best possible choice, but it's one I could see Blackjack making, so I'm not prepared to denounce her for that.

She's done plenty for me to denounce since then.

O. Hinds wrote:But why? EC-1101 by itself is useless for this task, and any communication channel would do. Speaking of which, EC-1101 probably doesn't have a useable com channel from the Hoof to Tenpony either. At least at the moment.
I kinda figured EC would give her access to some priority access channels and direct command over megaspell targeting.

Meleagridis wrote:It would probably work if it wasn’t for Cogs.
I'm glad you linked to that. "More than Mind Control" seems very much the case to me... if not simply Not Brainwashed.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Eh, I really want him alive, yet crippled. Then we can explore interaction between the two some more. What's him being dead going to do to help the story along? More angst? He'd be buried(?) with honors, and the rest of the family will have more depressing mental burdens. Come on, I want to see some kind of father-in-law drama/silliness later on. I also want to see the power shift now that Sky Striker is essentially out of the picture for the Enclave, regardless of his status.
I have to agree here.
He was stabbed through the chest right? I don't think he was stabbed through the heart or arteries, cause he would have been dead in seconds. If Dawn didn't hit any arteries it's very likely he could live, but at the loss of one of his lungs. It wouldn't put him in a wheelchair, but it would make him physically unfit for a military position and stuck behind a desk at the volunteer corps.

It depends mostly on where he was stabbed. Not to mention pony anatomy would be different with different placements of blood vessels. Sounds like she stabbed him straight through. Going from a straight into position and off the side of his body (and that ponies walk on four legs and not two and a anatomical equivalent of what Dawn did would be if someone stabbed in front of the collar bone down to your pelvis) the blade would have hit clean through a lung, stabbed his stomach, possibly a kidney, intestines and his liver and bladder.

Scratch what I said earlier, he may live BUT he would probably need serious surgery. He would probably have trouble eating and need to eat more often with stitching the not dead parts of his intestines back together and coughing up blood from lacerations in his stomach, be peeing more often, and in much pain often. Not to mention the fecal matter from his intestines leaking into his body or acidic pee from kidneys leaking out.

If he lives he's either going to need cybernetic parts, clone parts or he's going to be permanently wheelchaired not out of being unable to get up, but the intense pain would be unbearable and need at least a year to have enough reconstructive surgery to stick what's left of his insides back together and recover enough to be out of the hospital.

BUT considering he's such a high level politician he probably could make it. What's more is the Enclave would not want him to be a marter for the volunteer corps.

Tl:dr; Diagnosis: Probably won't die, but he'll lose a lung and have to go to the bathroom using a colostomy bag and be in no shape whatsoever to ever go to the surface again. Essentially stuck in the hospital for at least a year for countless surgeries and then stuck in his house.

Tl:dr; of Tl:dr; Eeyup, he's crippled.

Last edited by CannonFodder on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:03 pm

All those kids at home without a father and with Dusk being the oldest and critically injured... it would totally suck on a lot of levels if he died.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:46 pm

CannonFodder wrote:

It depends mostly on where he was stabbed. Not to mention pony anatomy would be different with different placements of blood vessels. Sounds like she stabbed him straight through. Going from a straight into position and off the side of his body (and that ponies walk on four legs and not two and a anatomical equivalent of what Dawn did would be if someone stabbed in front of the collar bone down to your pelvis) the blade would have hit clean through a lung, stabbed his stomach, possibly a kidney, intestines and his liver and bladder.

Scratch what I said earlier, he may live BUT he would probably need serious surgery. He would probably have trouble eating and need to eat more often with stitching the not dead parts of his intestines back together and coughing up blood from lacerations in his stomach, be peeing more often, and in much pain often. Not to mention the fecal matter from his intestines leaking into his body or acidic pee from kidneys leaking out.

Ehh not quite, you have to stab pretty far into a pony to hit the intestines and your not remembering the stab wounds correctly.

To quote
Her hooves split as mechanical fingers erupted from the disintegrating flesh of her fetlocks, each digit tipped in a long black talon surrounded by a sickly jade aura. She plunged the curved blades into his back, slicing through his black power armor as if it was butter.

He had healing potions in his body within seconds but he was not stabbed front to back but rather direct down into his back and the healing potions were not doing much. He might be crippled, bleeding to death but he did not get directly hit in any vitals. What he got was a ten foot fall after getting a backstab with something along the lines of a sword.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 pm

SilentCarto wrote:I kinda figured EC would give her access to some priority access channels and direct command over megaspell targeting.
Ah, I've been assuming that it's not an issue of the channels being restricted but of them having been blown to bits.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next