Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Aye, after today I know why they make brass knuckles. I may as well have hit the wall with a wine glass.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Erumpet wrote:What's a pog?
Kids these days. Spike

Ironmonger wrote:Aye, after today I know why they make brass knuckles. I may as well have hit the wall with a wine glass.
Hee. This brings back amusing memories of people trying to pick fights with me who didn't know anything about the relative structural integrities of the skull versus the fingers. I get a little thump to the head, I hear a pretty little crunching noise, they spend the next month in a hand brace and I never lifted a finger.

Applebloom
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:47 pm

The Daemon Prince speaks words to the wise. Well my actions are words against my wisdom...

Last edited by Ironmonger on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Oh god. The more I watch Adventure Time the more I fall for it.
It's weird and annoying at first, but hilarious as it gets on.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Kippershy wrote:Oh god. The more I watch Adventure Time the more I fall for it.
It's weird and annoying at first, but hilarious as it gets on.

Imagine if MLP had one of AT's writers.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 pm

No.
Doesn't fit at all.

I initially hated AT because how random it is.
Then I continued to watch because I was bored, and only because I was bored.

Now I watch for the adult humour / THAT'S JACKED UP
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Good point, I just feel that mlp could be a family show while being deep and thought provoking. It has so much potential

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:27 pm

I love Adventure Time, it's probably my favorite post apocalypse show ever. It's how I imagine my adventures would of have when I was younger if everything I imagined came true. I don't know, it just really strikes a chord with me, besides being freaking hilarious.

Edit: that being said, I don't know if I could get into the community like I do with MLP, or if adventure time even has a community similar to MLP, although I'm sure it does.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:30 pm

I watch Adventure Time when I have writers block. The simple yet colorful things can really jump-start your thinker.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:42 pm

I like Adventure Time because the writing is actually very creative and the dialogue natural and unrestrained and you can tell everyone involved love their jobs and have a lot of fun putting a production together.

The underlying subtle sinisterness of it is fantastic and I love that they're keeping it very low key with slow progression of worldbuilding throughout. I LOVE SUBTLETY IT MAKES ME WANT TO OVERANALYZE CARTOONS.

Plus fucking Henry Rollins played a rainicorn and Henry Rollins is my favourite aging alternative icon.

Regular Show is pretty good too because the two main characters and their close friends are reverse gender versions of myself and my crew at 23.

Last edited by Caoimhe on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 pm

World building! FUCK YEAH! One does not simply world-build into Mordor!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Sorry if I'm a little behind here, but speaking of Avatars did you get that resized picture from your friend Kipper?
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:02 pm

I also am a fan of Adventure Time and Regular Show

*seamlessly inserts self into conversation, hoping no one notices weeks-long absence*

I also may or may not have just made someone cry over the Internet. People don't like finding out the truth about dolphins
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I also am a fan of Adventure Time and Regular Show

*seamlessly inserts self into conversation, hoping no one notices weeks-long absence*

I also may or may not have just made someone cry over the Internet. People don't like finding out the truth about dolphins
As a general rule, dolphins are a lot like people. So you can't call the whole species evil over the rape and torture perpetrated by a few, but they definitely aren't all cuddly either.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:Sorry if I'm a little behind here, but speaking of Avatars did you get that resized picture from your friend Kipper?

Haven't been able to catch her around, unfortunately.
Now she has some kind of ban against her steam account for some reason that I'm unaware of so I'm worried. (it says "Ban(s) on record)" on part of her profile... and she said "goodbye" in a comment to herself.

...so yeah, no good yet, sorry.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Sindri wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I also am a fan of Adventure Time and Regular Show

As a general rule, dolphins are a lot like people. So you can't call the whole species evil over the rape and torture perpetrated by a few, but they definitely aren't all cuddly either.

If by "a few" you mean "nearly all of them, constantly, for fun, against babies and mothers alike" then I agree
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:08 pm

FoE Assault Rifle. Putting the Ass in Assault since wartime.

Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:11 pm

Ironmonger wrote:FoE Assault Rifle. Putting the Ass in Assault since wartime.

Spoiler:

Meh, to each his own. I tore shit up with that gun in Fallout 3.

Last edited by Mister Frost on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Mister Frost wrote:If by "a few" you mean "nearly all of them, constantly, for fun, against babies and mothers alike" then I agree
Rule of the vocal minority. If you look for evil dolphins, you will find them. Just like if you look for perverted pony fans, crazy video gamers, or idiotic southerners. If you look at dolphins overall, those are isolated incidents perpetrated by a few individuals.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:15 pm

Sindri wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:If by "a few" you mean "nearly all of them, constantly, for fun, against babies and mothers alike" then I agree
Rule of the vocal minority. If you look for evil dolphins, you will find them. Just like if you look for perverted pony fans, crazy video gamers, or idiotic southerners. If you look at dolphins overall, those are isolated incidents perpetrated by a few individuals.

Eh, I've heard differently, but you probably know more than me.

Knowing more about dolphins than me? SINDRIIIIIIIIIIIII sorry, couldn't resist
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:39 pm

I may be putting together a folder of vectored weapons, so if there is anyone here who wants to make something for their story but don't like the idea of doing everything from scratch, I can give you a file for you to change.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:55 pm

This is off-topic (like that has meaning here) but I had this little theory floating in my head.

Theory: Prince BlueBlood is not the jackass he's made out to be in canon, but is actually a normal, chill dude who's utterly sick of all these women coming to him with their vapid, insipid little fantasies and expecting him to fill them. Thus, he gets his kicks screwing with whatever chicks come crawling to him.

Corollary: Spike, being well-connected in Canterlot, is personal friends with BlueBlood. Spike asked him to be a jerk to Rarity so she'd get those dumbass fantasies out of her head and be willing to try an actual relationship with Spike later on.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:56 pm

I think Spike, in FoE at least, is gay. I'm not entirely sure why I think that, but...
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I think Spike, in FoE at least, is gay. I'm not entirely sure why I think that, but...

I don't think that's the case. Plus, that's not strictly FoE as much as it is a general theory
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I think Spike, in FoE at least, is gay. I'm not entirely sure why I think that, but...
Well, in cartoon canon he's infatuated with Rarity. In Kkat's Fo:E I didn't feel much of anything from him relationship-wise, and in PH he seems to have seen Goldenblood as a father/older brother ish figure... I don't see any evidence in favor and a little bit against, so I suppose it's possible but I don't know where you would have gotten that impression.

(yaoi fangirling)
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:02 pm

I really don't know either, even with all the Rarity stuff. It's weird.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:05 pm

He's one of the chillest characters in the show, so if the writers were ever going to do a gay-centric arc or episode (not that they could on an American children's cartoon. Fucking moral guardians......) he'd be a good choice for a non-stereotypical, likeable character who has more depth than many gay characters in fiction, whose defining trait is "gay"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:05 pm

debated with someone on the importance of tolerance in a friendship, he realy thought it was not necessary until I shared a life experience.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:16 pm

swicked wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:debated with someone on the importance of tolerance in a friendship, he realy thought it was not necessary until I shared a life experience.
...eh, pet peeve of mine to use "tolerance" to describe a friendship. I know it's pretty much just semantics, but I prefer the word "acceptance", because "tolerance", to me, sounds like it takes some effort (like I'm tolerating something I dislike) and isn't what I naturally feel like doing for this awesome person I'm friends with.
It doesn't even matter if the issue is over something volatile like political or religious leanings... I'm more appreciative of their opinions and beliefs and don't consider it an attack on my own unless they have, for some reason, decided to make it one... at which point, I hardly continue to think of them as much of a friend.
You can accept a friend while merely tolerating their unpleasant habits or past crimes.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Caoimhe wrote:The problem with cutie marks is no one knows what the fuck they want to do at puberty. I never guessed I'd be doing what I do for a living.
If I was legit a pony right now I'd probably have a bunch of pogs on my ass.
Erumpet wrote:What's a pog?
Caoimhe wrote:Just shoot me now before I age another year.
I probably laughed harder at this than I should have.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next