Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 27 of 33 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:50 pm

So anyway crazy late night theory...
*Deep Breath
Glory's Mom is secretly a sex changed Goldenblood via killing joke!
He's actually swapped into Fluttershy's body via the infamous blue plant and she colors her hair so no one notices!
That's why she recognizes Glory because she's totally in the exact same boat.

Now that crazy theory is out of the way... OR IS IT A CRAZY ENOUGH THEORY TO BE THE TRUTH!??!?!??!?!?!

Anyway, I'm going to have to write the page 31 summary by morning at this pace.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by 222222 Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:57 pm

I don't know about all that, but I was really giving a good look to the changeling banner and Pinkie Pie is best changeling.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:13 am

Erumpet wrote:I don't know about all that, but I was really giving a good look to the changeling banner and Pinkie Pie is best changeling.

What kind of pie is it? CHANGELING PIE.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:46 am

Cptadder wrote:So anyway crazy late night theory...
*Deep Breath
He's actually swapped into Fluttershy's body via the infamous blue plant and she colors her hair so no one notices!

Now that crazy theory is out of the way... OR IS IT A CRAZY ENOUGH THEORY TO BE THE TRUTH!??!?!??!?!?!

In Pinchy we trust, one wat. What kind of joke would turn Goldenblood from a dying from Pink Cloud Unicorn Male to a relatively healthy female pegasus in the future?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:59 am

Caoimhe wrote:Just shoot me now before I age another year.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Motivatorbfb8532a4deeb27ad1563d1e19de64896fb4ede7

Cptadder wrote:So anyway crazy late night theory...
*Deep Breath

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Motivatorc57f8603d3b6cf65934c7bce8af0c067be3316df
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:08 am

Joke: It's the final run of WW2 and a sherman spots a Jap tank. The gunner fires a High Explosive Anti-Tank round and the enemy tank bursts into flames. The gunner says over the radio "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.". The tank commander kicks him in the face afterwards.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:33 am

wouldn't a sabot round be better/?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:34 am

Yes but it didn't fit the joke, and I'll do nearly anything to make someone laugh.

EDIT: Actually no, rushed my response a bit. Jap tanks were so thinly armored that AP and Sabot rounds would pass right through them. HEAT or HE rounds were much more effective.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:37 am

HEAT would not be neccessary then
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:38 am

Perhaps but HEAT served the joke better.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:21 am

Terrible joke is terrible, sorry.
Not the one who downvoted, but yeah.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:12 am

I've made more GamerPoop macros.
I regret nothing.
Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OBS.GS.§S Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:31 am

Darn, all the fun stuff happens during the day, and I can't come out until night. (I began this post at roughly 2 am...)

...Do I even want to know what kind of mental image I give off? I guess my cutie mark would be blank, not because I don't have a talent, but because I'm pretty sure I know what my talent is and I'd rather not have it be that.

Anyways,

I've been wondering non-stop on who Somber meant when he said someone would be returning from roughly 40 chapters ago.

In order to find a reasonable assumption as to who will returning in chapter 52, I've been searching Chapter 8-14 for references to all the background characters listed on the FoE wiki and counting them. The results are as follows:

-Gin Rummy: Once, and only by Blackjack referencing her as her mother.

-Priest: Exactly 30, multiple instances of first person dialogue and references by different characters including Blackjack, provided pivotal plot elements and is overall very memorable.

-Big Daddy: 5 times, no direct dialogue, huh, in chapter 8 it says the oldest reapers such as big daddy and deus have (or had in deus's case) potent internal healing talismans, neat. Big daddy is also the one that asked Rampage to tag along with BJ in the beginning.

-Brutus: 0, no references at all.

-Crunchy Carrots: Once, when Bottlecap stated that she was unlikely to try and takeover Hoofington, and that Steel Rain was another story.

-Stronghoof: 0, no references at all.

-Knight Crumpets: 0, no references at all.

-Bottlecap: 13 times, direct dialogue, indirect references, found an interesting but unrelated subject in a nearby paragraph in one of the instances,
Chapter 8, Morning Glory wrote:
“Once the slides are prepared, please see they get to Dr. Morningstar
at the RDSP with my notes. I’m sure he’ll be interested in more.
This was for those samples of raider brain tissue that Glory collected, correct? I wonder whatever became of them...
Also, I just remembered that there were either goats or donkeys I can't remember which, sighted shopping at Megamart, I remember someone saying that they don't recall one of those existing in PH, so there's that.

-Caprice: 0, no references at all.

-Usury: 5 references, mostly about the bounty she placed on Blackjack's (Security's) head and how she ran Paradise, she matched Deus's bounty of 50,000 bottlecaps for a total of 100,000. Usury was not a nice pony.

-Dr. Zodiac: 0, no references at all, however, there are 7 references to members of the Zodiac family, starting with "Virgo Zodiac, the seventh daughter of the Zodiac family." She laid a poorly designed trap that BJ into and unwittingly gave away information about her trap and family. I presume she was quite young if not a foal. As she ran away, she referenced her "daddy" and how he was going to be very angry.
Have we seen who her daddy was?
Also, there was a fight with "Leo Zodiac" in chapter 14 which BJ and friends nearly lost and died from but were saved by a timely rescue from Rampage, who joined the group shortly after.

-Aries & Aquarius: 0, no references at all.

-Gemini (Zodiacs): 0, no references at all.

-Gorgon: 26 times, mostly references for when they battled him and 3 benign references in the next chapter, since he was chunked into a "ribbon of pulped Gorgon" by the rock crusher in the mine, I doubt he'll be the one returning.

Given all this data, the most likely candidate by quite a ways seems to be Priest, but he has appeared and been mentioned far more recently and often than "40 chapters or so ago". This leaves Big Daddy, Bottlecap, Usury, and Virgo Zodiac. I know Big Daddy was dealt with in person during later chapters, so I don't think it's him. Bottlecap has come up in conversations fairly often as well. That leaves Usury, and Virgo Zodiac, Virgo Zodiac was likely mentioned and dealt with when Blackjack visited the collegiate but I can't remember for certain, though she seems so irrelevant that I can say for near certainty it isn't her. So finally the last pony I can narrow it down to is Usury, and unfortunately she was mentioned later when BJ and Glory first met Finders Keepers, Usury was there with her father when BJ had her eye tentacle issue.

I haven't slept for a while and I'm really tired otherwise I'd do more research, but for now I'm stumped, every single candidate I could find has been mentioned and/or dealt with at later chapters in the story.

I just know there's one telltale sentence or paragraph somewhere around here that will light up the answer like a blazing beacon in my face, but for now I just don't have the energy to find it.

Also, are there any updates on the chapter, because it's really bugging me now haha...

Also #2, I want to see what happens when Dawn's eyes open all the way. My vote is for something terrifying.

Also #3, I gave you a brohoof Ironmonger because I personally enjoy your humor, even if it's sometimes bad enough to make me cringe.

Finally, when will Blackjack realize that the "walk on clouds" spell will let her interact with pegasi technology? She didn't even try the spell at the Rainbow Dash Skyport!

...And it's now past 7:00am and well into the morning, I'll be going to bed now finally, see you guys later tonight hopefully with something more fruitful, and hopefully maybe some decent ideas on different things to share with you guys.
OBS.GS.§S
OBS.GS.§S
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 5

Character List:
Name: Flashpoint
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:28 am

OBS.GS.§S wrote:*snip*

Gin Rummy is dead and has been since Blackjack returned to 99, which I don't remember when that was, but it wasn't 40 chapers ago, I'm sure of that.

Priest died during the attack on Chapel by Sanguines forces (technically, Red Eye's, but you know.)

Big daddy was mentioned during the reaper-ranger war quite some amount, and had a messaged passed on that she was a reaper after she came back to life / returned to Hoofington.
Brutus is in the same situation as Big Daddy. He was confirmed to be alive at the same time, IIRC.

Crunchy Carrots I do believe was onboard the Celestia when Steel Rain turned on them.

Stronghoof wasn't brought into the story until just prior to the afformentioned event, IIRC.

Knight crumpets, as you say, didn't get mention. Hell, I don't even remember them at all.

Bottlecap has been involved somewhat lately, Usury was involved when BJ met Keeper and Caprice is currently working in the Chapel shop.

Zodiac is DEFINITELY not the character since she donated her parts / gave BJ the walk-through..

Seaponies saved BJ's life.

Didn't Gemini die at the same time as Dues?

Gorgon was killed in the grinder.

Wasn't virgo zodiac from the mountain ponies clan thing? I'm sure they're dead...

Damn it, Somber. This is what a teaser should be. We can't figure it out.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:29 am

If it wasn't for the fact he's dead, I'd say Blueblood... but he's dead.
Aughhh. I give up.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:46 am

oh this would be easy, but even if we guess, it would be easy to change the character to mess us up
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:54 am

Valikdu wrote:
Spoiler:
Any idea where that image comes from?
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:25 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:oh this would be easy, but even if we guess, it would be easy to change the character to mess us up

I REALLY, REALLY doubt he'd do that over something so little.
Now, if we somehow got hold of the exact plotline of the story and how it was going to end, intricate details and all? Yeah, that'd be worth changing it over - but not something minor like this.

If it was something that important, he wouldn't have mentioned it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:49 am

OBS.GS.§S wrote:In order to find a reasonable assumption as to who will returning in chapter 52, I've been searching Chapter 8-14 for references to all the background characters listed on the FoE wiki and counting them.
If I recall correctly, Somber said the 'returning character' had a couple of bit-part appearances between then and now but not anything major. I'm thinking Bottlecap comes back into the story as a serious role, but that's really just a guess. I think Stronghoof had a major appearance some time back, but can't recall the chapter number -- and if the Goddess is about to die and Lacunae may be badly affected by it, now would be a great time to bring him back in and take a quick look at that budding relationship.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:12 am

OBS.GS.§S wrote:
Also #2, I want to see what happens when Dawn's eyes open all the way. My vote is for something terrifying.
Am I only one who thinks Dawn has been taken and gone? Believe nothing until the windows open.

Mister Frost wrote:This is off-topic (like that has meaning here) but I had this little theory floating in my head.

Theory: Prince BlueBlood is not the jackass he's made out to be in canon, but is actually a normal, chill dude who's utterly sick of all these women coming to him with their vapid, insipid little fantasies and expecting him to fill them. Thus, he gets his kicks screwing with whatever chicks come crawling to him.

Corollary: Spike, being well-connected in Canterlot, is personal friends with BlueBlood. Spike asked him to be a jerk to Rarity so she'd get those dumbass fantasies out of her head and be willing to try an actual relationship with Spike later on.
Truth be told, this is my favourite interpretation of Blueblood. A jerk in someone else’s story and nothing worse than a jester in his own. Screwing around and having fun because, on further reflection, all of his suitors aren’t really very sympathetic at all.
The Best Night Ever may have had something to do with that. I like Groundhog Day.

Caoimhe wrote:I really don't know either, even with all the Rarity stuff. It's weird.
It’s because he’s Dumbledore.

OBS.GS.§S wrote:
Speaking of, where is everyone getting these snipped versions of the banner six? Are they just shopping them themselves? The artist doesn’t have any individual shots...
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:17 am

I could see Big Daddy coming back as highly probable. He and Dawn knew each other pretty well, and BJ has to see Awesome eventually so the more info about their adventures together, the better.

It'd be thuper quool to see CyberBJ kick ass in the arena again but that's probably unlikely given the shortness of time.

Kinda surprised no one's drawn a depiction of the PS/BJ arena fight given the cool atmosphere of it.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:38 am

As for the who's coming back speculation I got my money on Bottlecap or Usury as with Caprice already there it makes sense to see one of the other sisters arrive.

My hopes are on Stronghoof however, his family has a long tradition of providing dynamic entrances.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:51 am

Cptadder wrote:As for the who's coming back speculation I got my money on Bottlecap or Usury as with Caprice already there it makes sense to see one of the other sisters arrive.

My hopes are on Stronghoof however, his family has a long tradition of providing dynamic entrances.
The only issue with Usury is that her ONLY on-screen appearance was in chapter 30 when she was working for her father after Redeye took over Paradise. Stronghoof... same issue, he first appeared in like chapter 31. That's nowhere near 40 chapters ago.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:04 pm

OBS.GS.§S wrote:[snop]
Actually, I don't recall seeing Virgo when we visited the other Zodiaks. And she definitely isn't dead.

Priest is dead and gone. We've met Usury exactly once IIRC and it was when she was broken by her loss of her city to Red Eye and acting as pack mule for Finders Keepers. Bottlecap was my first thought, but we met her briefly while passing through Megamart again at least once (she met Boo, and talked with Scotch about plumbing) so she's unlikely to be the one from ~40 chapters past. Big Daddy, Stronghoof, etc. were all met much more recently than that.

So yeah, my thinking is tending toward Virgo.
Or... Who was that hot princely type? The one arguing with a Collegiate scientist outside the medical center? One of King Awesome's family/minions?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
EDIT: Actually no, rushed my response a bit. Jap tanks were so thinly armored that AP and Sabot rounds would pass right through them. HEAT or HE rounds were much more effective.
"Jap" is a derogatory term. It makes me unhappy that you use it in such a way.

Also, the T-34-85's fighting American Pershings and early Pattons in the Korean War had the same property. The 90mm guns passed right through them. Sherman "Easy-Eights" were on par with the T-34-85, as 1 hit from the other would usually disable.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Nice!:

FeatherDust wrote:
Valikdu wrote:
Spoiler:
Any idea where that image comes from?

Somewhere on deviart. Just search for "gypsy pinkie".
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:11 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
"Jap" is a derogatory term. It makes me unhappy that you use it in such a way.

I disagree and personally think you're being overly sensitive and far too "politically correct".

Jap is short for Japanese, just like Brit is short for British. Yes, some people have used it in a horrible way in the past, but the word itself was never invented to be an insult the same way nigger was for black people - for example.
It was only really with world war two and the pacific campaign that 'jap' became anything of an insult/racist term.

I've known the odd Jap and they've never ever ever taken offence to the word or thought the slightest of it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:13 pm

ketchup504 wrote:"Jap" is a derogatory term. It makes me unhappy that you use it in such a way.
To compensate, I will henceforth refer to all those residing within the US of A as 'Amers.'

You're welcome.

For future reference, what is your view of referring to Japan as 'Nippon?' I can never remember which way the politically correct crowd leaned on that one.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:17 pm

People who use "Nippon" instead of Japan are usually annoying japanophiles who watch too much anime.

"Jap" is a dated term for sure. My WWII vet grandpa used to use it a lot but I never did. "Product of the times" my mom and dad use to say. There's worse terms to use for the Japanese but in IM's case he's just shortening Japanese.

My big thing is people who think Indian is a racist term for American Indians but they refer to themselves as Indians all the time. "Native American" is trying too hard to be inoffensive in such a manner that it seems like it's "othering." Same with "black" to some extent.

Last edited by Caoimhe on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:19 pm

^ This right here.

There are people who will use any word in a horrible, disgusting way to try and upset or belittle others if they can.
That doesn't mean we should absolutely foresake a word because of it however.

Just know how you're using a word in what context and be sure you're not doing it in such a way that can be mistaken for blatant disregard for others feelings.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 33 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next