Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 29 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Ironmonger wrote:It's optional, but the general idea was to aggravate the wound and drain moisture to prevent it from healing properly.
Salt crystals are not exactly know for their durability, this gun would serve better to salt your fries at twenty paces that stab into someone.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:21 pm

But if you replaced the mass of the salt with, say, something magnetic, you'd get more force and deal more damage. Meaning that you're more likely to take them down before they kill you, and it needs more healing anyway if they're still alive. It just seems like you're crippling your actual combat capability in exchange for making what little you accomplish more unpleasant for the opponent. There's a reason you don't see rocksalt rounds on the battlefield, and even those would just be ruining the projectile instead of also cutting your propulsion power.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:24 pm

@Ironmonger: you said it fires crystal needles, which to me indicates some kind of a bulletesque ammunition, albeit minus the gunpowder. Just mixing salt crystals with bits of iron seems a lot more similar to a shell of shot. Its your gun so I could be wrong of course, but that's just what it seems like to me. Also like it has been said, sub optimal for combat regardless.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:25 pm

That's what I was afraid of, that said it's good to have people off of which to bounce ideas. Just an idea we were toying with. Right now I'm thinking a long, slender steels/iron spike with a harder tip if the situation allows such.

Last edited by Ironmonger on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Is that the royal we, or are we your secondary brain trust? I mean it's cool if we are, I'm not saying, I'm just saying. If you know what I'm saying.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Erumpet wrote:Is that the royal we, or are we your secondary brain trust? I mean it's cool if we are, I'm not saying, I'm just saying. If you know what I'm saying.

I'm unsure of what a brain trust is but it sounds interesting. The idea was mine and Mister Frost's since we complement eachother's thinking ability.

Last edited by Ironmonger on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:32 pm

I take it you haven't seen O Brother Where Art Though? I recommend that you do. A brain trust is kind of like the power behind the throne.

Last edited by Erumpet on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:34 pm

I looked it up, you guys are part of my brain trust from what I've found. I rarely get this stuff right the first time, but really no one does. You guys give me different perspectives which is crucial to this stuff.

EDIT: I suck at grammar and spelling sometimes. One reason I like to use google chrome is it tells me "Ah-ah-ah, you're being a jackass."

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Hark, brethren. I return from yon firing range.

Got a few rounds through my Mosin-Nagant, and got to put around 20 rounds through a demo Rock River .223 they had there. I may or may not being going into cardiac arrest due to sheer fangasm.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Caoimhe wrote:My big thing is people who think Indian is a racist term for American Indians but they refer to themselves as Indians all the time. "Native American" is trying too hard to be inoffensive in such a manner that it seems like it's "othering." Same with "black" to some extent.
I've heard increasing use of "Amerind" as a way to refer to 'american indians' without sounding derisive OR awkwardly over-sensitive.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:43 pm

I think I'll just lurk for a bit as my hand is severely pissing me off and I don't want to accidentally take it out on someone.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I think I'll just lurk for a bit as my hand is severely pissing me off and I don't want to accidentally take it out on someone.
Only Iron would post that he's not going to be posting because he's to angry to post.

OAN stay away from the latest Medal of Honor game, it's worse than the last Medal of Honor reboot somehow.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Oh, did I forget to mention that to everyone? Yeah, MOH fucking sucks. Sorry I didn't warn you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:03 pm

I played the last game. I can't say the story was impressive, but it was nice to have a game with a select-fire mechanic.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I think I'll just lurk for a bit as my hand is severely pissing me off and I don't want to accidentally take it out on someone.
Only Iron would post that he's not going to be posting because he's to angry to post.

If it aint broke don't fix it. I've cooled down enough to post, I haven't played MoH since I was a kid.

EDIT: My grammar is going to be odd for a bit

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:35 pm

I miss the times when the melee option in games wasn't a magical instant death armor-penetrating knife
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:11 pm

I'd have to say Halo and Warhammer are my favorite fandoms because the lore is so expansive.

Also this. I've heard of being baked but this is ridiculous.

Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:39 pm

In other news I have a question.

If you could only choose one, which band/artist would you get to write and preform the soundtrack for a Project Horizons movie.

Mine would undoubtedly be The Silent Comedy.

Spoiler:
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Probably Blind Guardian.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:46 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:In other news I have a question.

If you could only choose one, which band/artist would you get to write and preform the soundtrack for a Project Horizons movie.

Mine would undoubtedly be The Silent Comedy.

Spoiler:

Hans Zimmer is a damn tempting option...
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Was thinking of him. Maybe the guy who composed the LOTR music

EDIT: Idea, a Germane super sledge called the Heilhammer. Get your cursor off that downvote button. Rage

Last edited by Ironmonger on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:57 pm

I'll go with Hans, though this band gets particular mention.
They're called Carefully, and their full range of music (what little they made) can be heard <a href="http://old.thesixtyone.com/carefully/">here</a>

Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Was thinking of him. Maybe the guy who composed the LOTR music
Howard Shore is the composer for most of the Lord of the Rings music.
My pick obviously John Williams, 47 Oscar nominations, 22 Golden Globe nominations, 59 Grammy Nominations not counting what he has won and trust me he can built a fort out of @#$@# of awards, trophy, Grammys and everything else he's won.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:59 pm

dangit

Last edited by Cptadder on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:Was thinking of him. Maybe the guy who composed the LOTR music
Howard Shore is the composer for most of the Lord of the Rings music.
My pick obviously John Williams, 47 Oscar nominations, 22 Golden Globe nominations, 59 Grammy Nominations not counting what he has won and trust me he can built a fort out of @#$@# of awards, trophy, Grammys and everything else he's won.

Got any examples of his work? I'm not familiar with him from name alone.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:02 pm

First off dang it, got my numbers off.
Kippershy wrote:

Got any examples of his work? I'm not familiar with him from name alone.
Fiddler on the Roof
Jaws
Star Wars
Raiders of the Lost Ark
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
Schindler's List
Superman
Saving Private Ryan
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The man is literally the most prolific movie composer to yet live.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:15 pm

I'd say Zimmer, myself, but anyone like Williams would surely do just fine, if not better.

Edit: Though I really wouldn't know, would I? Besides, PH would make like, six movies if LotR is any indication of how length translates to screen.

Last edited by IncoherentOrange on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Probably Clint Mansell of Pop Will Eat Itself. He does a lot of great film scores now, usually of films with psychological themes like Aronofsky films.

Though PH has a lot of western themes in it, and I've always been a fan of BT's score for the film Monster, which is very seedy but has traces of western inspired music.

For instance:

Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:22 pm

More context, best John Williams, top five.

ET the Flying Theme
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sa70uFuKnnw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Uplifting, great hopeful music as the tide turns, perfect for that movie.

The Indiana Jones Theme
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-bTpp8PQSog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Can you think of a better theme for punching out Nazi and swinging around ancient temples?

The Jaws Theme
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZvCI-gNK_y4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
A song that gets everyone out of the water....

The Imperial March
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-bzWSJG93P8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You know exactly what the Imperial March is, and you know exactly why every other villain in existence wished they had a good an intro as Vadar got

And my personal favorite after March and my 5th

The Asteroid Field
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SVycvLAFXmc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
It's such great space combat song

So now you know who John Williams is, I could have gotten ET, or Fiddler or the haunting Harry Potter or sorrowful Schindler's List
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next