Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Valikdu Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Quotidian wrote:
Unrelated note:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Ironmonger wrote: Mondragon
I read the Wikipedia page on that thing oh... a month or 2 ago. Interesting machine.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:11 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Edit: Found the picture. It was by Fore-Trekker: Reaper.

I feel the need to comment again on how awesome that image is and that it has been my phone wallpaper for months.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:55 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Ironmonger wrote: Mondragon
I read the Wikipedia page on that thing oh... a month or 2 ago. Interesting machine.

A real beaut. Given how simple the design is I fully intend on putting it in my story somewhere. It's not a bad weapon, just outdated. But still a reliable and effective weapon.

EDIT: just noticed the brohoof for my Fettlock pun. Glad my artwork is noticed and appreciated. Spike

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:27 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Tumblr_m86i9c4NdX1r3b0y3o1_r1_500
Littlepip is disappointed. Chapter has been out for days (days!) and the thread hasn't even split. It only took me some eleven hours-ish total to catch up on everything! For shame.

Now... there are a lot of things to respond to....

Let’s start with some chapter impressions:

O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:
As soon as I have my own computer again, I’ll take a look at that map.
I don’t see the Moojave as being devoid of pony life. They seem to have gotten their hooves pretty much everywhere, and it’s hard to pass up the tension of species relations that brahmin and ponies sharing living space would present.

Necr0maNceR wrote: I mean, if he came back, it would either be as an enemy again, which would be dumb (and he'd have to be almost all robot), or as a chance to redeem a tragic villain, which would be even more dumb. But yeah, Somber wouldn't do something like that, It would be too contrived.
Maybe. Still, I wonder what he would do if given a second chance. An opportunity for a fresher start.

Cptadder wrote:
Head canon all Minotaur's now have Wrestler names, their entire culture is now one giant extended WWE title match, TNA is the slightly dumber cousins who like hearing themselves talk.

Iron Will, Pain Train, Rock Steady, Lightning Reflexes, Keen Intellect, Two-Step, Long Haul, Iron Shod...

Also lame names like Lily Liver, Pillow Talk, and Soft Touch.

Sindri wrote:
Dawn is a possibility. She could do anything at this point. But I get the impression that her plots are slower coming.
Chapel joins the choir

SilentCarto wrote:Something about BJ being more connected to Lacunae and thus Twilight and thus maybe magic stuff
I thought the teleport came a little out of nowhere, just like Twi’s first teleport. Perhaps Lac’s treachery has something to do with this?

Ironmonger wrote: just noticed the brohoof for my Fettlock pun. Glad my artwork is noticed and appreciated. Spike

A long time ago, I swore an oath to vote for every pun. No matter how lame. I am bound by honor.

swicked wrote:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 What1
And one that created wings… well… I got through the first paragraph about cocoons and metamorphosis when my eyes crossed and I thought it best to move on.
...how is this a book for beginners? Twilight, early in her prime, struggled with this spell. She said it was very complicated. She has an easier time teleporting and yet that doesn’t appear to be in this book.
And there’s no chance Blackjack wouldn’t mention it if it was since, not that long ago, she was fantasizing about the possibility of learning such a spell.
This is highly confusing.

Well she could do it easily enough. She could do this and that... while she’s at it, might as well include some instructions on this spell. It wasn’t too hard to do that one, either.
We never see the author, yes?
I think the book was written by her, but never got published because it was written to her standard. A book such as that would certainly be found in her study.

Now to finish the rest of these responses... mostly to Necro...
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 pm

@Mel
Everyone's busy these days. Either that or squeeing at the 11/10/12 announcement.

~Swicked, get my link already~
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:42 pm

I really wanna like Dawn, despite everyone's suspicions. BJ needs mother in law interactions and there really aren't a lot of characters (physically) older than our protagonists around anymore that have a large impact or connection to them. Could be interesting to see.

I have a thing for COOL MOMs in fiction though.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Tourettes Guy Mister Gutsy.
Me:"Who hacked your system."
Mister Gutsy:"It was a long-legged pissed off pegasus!"
*sees a blinking light*
Me:"I think there's landmines around here-"
Mister Gutsy:'THAT'S MY ASS." XD

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Random thought, but...

We know that Red Eye is basically a mix of Ashtur and the Lone Wanderer from the Fallout games, right ?

I was wondering who was the closest approximation of Frank Horrigan (from Fallout 2) in FO:E and Ph, and pretty naturally thought about Deus.

They both where already crazy before being turned into murder machines, and being turned into a Cyborg Super-Mutant (for Frank Horrigan) or a walking engine of pain and destruction (for Deus) didn't really improve their disposition.

The only real difference I see is that Horrigan was all totally "Duty Honor Courage, Semper Fi" even in his death throes, whereas Deus was more about the "CUUUUUUUUNNNNNNT". One was a fanatical soldier and the other would be best characterized as a "Reaper", for lack of a better term.

Any thoughts on that ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Enjoy.
Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:
As soon as I have my own computer again, I’ll take a look at that map.
I don’t see the Moojave as being devoid of pony life. They seem to have gotten their hooves pretty much everywhere, and it’s hard to pass up the tension of species relations that brahmin and ponies sharing living space would present.
Good luck with acquiring a computer.

Hm. Well, how recent are the brahmin settlements in the area? Perhaps the ponies were there first. Not sure why it would be called the Moojave in that case, though... Maybe it's a preapocalypse name? Some historical bovine relation?

I've been thinking, and I'm particularly interested in the Moojave because, in addition to the concept itself seeming interesting, the Moojave's location in my headcanon is quite strategic: it includes the hooves-down best land route off the peninsula and has old rail lines running up to both Fillydelphia and San Frantello. While air and sea route, as well as inferior land routes, are of course available, whoever or whatever controls the area is probably going to have some bargaining power post-SR. I'm particularly interested in the possibility of opening a rail line between the NCR and the heartland of the Alliance.

Of course, that route would have to cross some dangerous territory, but it would also have to cross the Strait of Gibhalter. Train ferries could be utilized, but I've been pondering a bridge design (Like the Turris Prosperitatis, I'm headcanoning construction to have started before the war but have stopped with only the foundations built; those foundations might then have been used for seaforts, but I'm not entirely sure about that bit.). What do you (directed at the forum in general) think about a 75m clearance between the water and the bottom of the bridge structure, 7 390m-tall towers with 2km spans suspended from three cables, one rail line, three road lanes, and 4 pedestrian or miscellaneous paths?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Meleagridis wrote:

Cptadder wrote:
Head canon all Minotaur's now have Wrestler names, their entire culture is now one giant extended WWE title match, TNA is the slightly dumber cousins who like hearing themselves talk.

Iron Will, Pain Train, Rock Steady, Lightning Reflexes, Keen Intellect, Two-Step, Long Haul, Iron Shod...

Also lame names like Lily Liver, Pillow Talk, and Soft Touch.
I have a few name suggestions...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Vb2U89EJG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Popchart name list of Wrestlers has such great names as Gorilla Monsoon, Iron Horseman and Chainsaw Charlie!

And from the wrestling name generator
swicked=Big Nova
Overlong Analysis Cobalt=Buzz Apocalypse
Valikdu=Bobcat Juggernaut
Ketchup504=Admiral Dragon
Vergil=Macho Hercules
Ironmonger=Mister Crusher
Meleagridis=Gunner Dog
OneMoreDaySK=Lightning Beast
Caoimhe= Silver Skull
Harmony Ltd.=Wild Dog
Cptadder=Grizzly Hogan

They just write themselves!

Last edited by Cptadder on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : gah write not right)
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Cptadder wrote:
swicked=Big Nova
Vergil=Macho Hercules
Meleagridis=Gunner Dog
Caoimhe= Silver Skull
Harmony Ltd.=Wild Dog
Cptadder=Grizzly Hogan

They just right themselves!

I am ok with this.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:12 pm

I as well because my skull is indeed made of silver. No magnets sticking to this noggin!!!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Cptadder wrote:
swicked=Big Nova
Vergil=Macho Hercules
Meleagridis=Gunner Dog
Caoimhe= Silver Skull
Harmony Ltd.=Wild Dog
Cptadder=Grizzly Hogan

This is funny.
Put in the Mane 6's names, they get really funny.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:17 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Cptadder wrote:

They just write themselves!
This is funny.
Put in the Mane 6's names, they get really funny.

It gets bestest... put in Blackjack and we get....
Cerebral Earthquake
Is the person who coded this random internet name generator.... a wizard?

Because P-21 is Gentleman Alchemist what the hell.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:20 pm

I had just tried Blackjack and almost fell out of my chair laughing.
Lifebloom is Demolition Barbarian.
Psychoshy is Nature Boy Dog...
Triage is Professor the Ambassador.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:29 pm

@Wresting Name Generator
Twilight Sparkle - Outlaw Frost
Pinkie Pie - Bulldog Legend
Applejack - Evil Badass
Rarity - Smooth Satan
Rainbow Dash - Booty Boulder
Fluttershy - Dirk Critter

Celestia - Doctor Joker
Luna - Snide Venus

LittlePip - Dark Show
Red Eye - Dusty Alchemist
PuppySmiles - Admiral Dog
Silver Storm - Uncle Venus
Murky Number Seven - Buzz Crippler

@Swicked
Went on a pony name generator. Name was Wish Dancer.
So then went on Corrupt A Wish and started posting in there.
Just examined one of your Friendly Twilight pics for dimensions and resized them accordingly.
Be careful what you wish for, it might come true. XD
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:33 pm

'Security' outputs 'Queen Extremist'.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Vergil wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
swicked=Big Nova
Vergil=Macho Hercules
Meleagridis=Gunner Dog
Caoimhe= Silver Skull
Harmony Ltd.=Wild Dog
Cptadder=Grizzly Hogan

I am ok with this.

Wow, some of your names are kinda funny

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Wresting Name Generator
Twilight Sparkle - Outlaw Frost
Pinkie Pie - Bulldog Legend
Applejack - Evil Badass
Rarity - Smooth Satan
Rainbow Dash - Booty Boulder
Fluttershy - Dirk Critter

Celestia - Doctor Joker
Luna - Snide Venus

LittlePip - Dark Show
Red Eye - Dusty Alchemist
PuppySmiles - Admiral Dog
Silver Storm - Uncle Venus
Murky Number Seven - Buzz Crippler

Okay these names are really really in the feel with the characters, i mean Doctor Joker just screams trollestia

Honestly I think my Name is kinda Wrestler by default but I plugged it in and got Smooth Kong. I cannot help but think of it like Smooth Dong... Roid Rage

*Takes Admiral Rum any day* Dancing PinkiePie

Admiral Rum= King Kong Jackal
Stoic Rum= Gold Peacemaker
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 pm

I find Mister Crusher funny because most people are a little afraid of me. Is good day to be giant man.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Now try <a href=http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/14900/#.UICi5IZvZMk>this one</a>.
Mine's Wish Dancer for real name. I'm not telling which one though. ~
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:53 pm

I tried the Pony Name Generator and got Chrome Charmer. This fits because I love machines and industry.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:54 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Now try <a href=http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/14900/#.UICi5IZvZMk>this one</a>.
For my real name it gives me Handsome Charmer. Whatisthisidonteven.

In other news, XCOM doesn't support Windows XP.
I found this out after buying it.
Fuuuuuuuu...
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:Now try this one.
For my real name it gives me Handsome Charmer. Whatisthisidonteven.

In other news, XCOM doesn't support Windows XP.
I found this out after buying it.
Fuuuuuuuu...

Well several others are working on a workaround. So try at your own risk I guess.

Ironmonger wrote:I tried the Pony Name Generator and got Chrome Charmer. This fits because I love machines and industry.
Yes, go and seduce all the machines, together with Blackjack and her flanks of steel.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:07 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Well several others are working on a workaround. So try at your own risk I guess.
I saw that, but wasn't sure what other issues it would cause, and I don't like modifying my game files. I might try it anyway, though.
I guess it is about time to "upgrade" from this dinosaur of an operating system anyway. XP seems so much simpler to me, and solving technical issues doesn't involve anything stupid like "running as administrator". It also has compatibility with older games I enjoy.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Yes, go and seduce all the machines, together with Blackjack and her flanks of steel.

Iron Fury:"...I'm completely up for that task. Maybe it can be made a three-way."[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Icon_winky

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:
I saw that, but wasn't sure what other issues it would cause, and I don't like modifying my game files. I might try it anyway, though.
I guess it is about time to "upgrade" from this dinosaur of an operating system anyway. XP seems so much simpler to me, and solving technical issues doesn't involve anything stupid like "running as administrator". It also has compatibility with older games I enjoy.

Pretty sure you can still run things in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Don't get 8. Just... don't. Unless you enjoy having a not!tablet OS. A friend of mine showed me a beta. It was messy, even for a suped up laptop he has.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 pm

just found this:
Spoiler:
Blackjack is best card
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Blackjack:"...the fuck is this shit?"
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Thishsit

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next