Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+42
Stringtheory
iLateralGX
Mister Nikel
MLPOCG
Harmony Ltd.
Karasu
Tytan
The Holy Tuna
Ametros
Scootayay
FoolNeim
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
Somber
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
O. Hinds
hawkeye92
Meleagridis
Sindri
Katarn
Derpmind
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
nebulous
FeatherDust
Cptadder
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
RandomBlank
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Ironmonger
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
Caoimhe
46 posters

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Gah, I'm actually going to get the review up soon. Had another unexpected derailment. Damn you life!
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Review coming after homework, because I'm being responsible this semester even though the college has bungled my checks and I may get booted out due to said - it's always so fun when the accounting office transfers over to a new system. For now, suffice it to say that I enjoyed lots of things about this chapter! :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:40 pm

I finally got my review thingy done. Interesting chapter. Advancing the plot and not being boring at all or action packed. This took me the longest time yet, 10 hours since I saw it posted with intent to read it before sleeping.
Spoiler:

Last edited by ketchup504 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:43 pm

Chapter 51: Blackjack's greatest challange: cooking a decent enough meal to impress her mom! Can she keep her friends from belching or starting a food fight to win parental approval?

I kid, but holy shit if that were to happen....
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:45 pm

All I can say is, next chapter will be great. That is one hell of a cliffhanger.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm not really a Glory fan, but I have to say that the handling of her behavior here was excellent to say the least. Even after everyone throwing ideas out there concerning how she might at least understand where Blackjack was coming from with Stygius, I wasn't too sure anything could be made convincing enough to work. I have been decisively proven wrong.

In other news, yay for more reasons to be absolutely terrified for Blackjack- though the prospect of her losing her mind (or even her "self") in little bits and pieces I frankly find far more frightening than anything she has had to deal with thus far. I don't think I'm going to find it hard to keep hating the goddess after Littlepip blows her the hell up now, though the prospect of Twilight being stuck in there and blowing up too isn't anywhere near as wonderful. Regardless, that day cannot come soon enough for me.

Also, dat cliffhanger (even though a lot of you guys totally called it).

I'd like to tack on that I found this section a bit confusing:

Chapter 50
I’d expected weird looks from my friends. Scotch Tape just frowned. “Yeah, but it still sucks huge butt, Blackjack. I mean, I still got a big old wad of nothing between my ears, thanks to you. I still feel... you know... nervous of machines and stuff. Really annoying.” Tell me about it, because the Goddess had made me unable to tell her. Glory and P-21 looked a little more worried, though, glancing at each other. I knew they probably weren’t all that keen on being around Rampage when she found out.

Who is speaking in this section? Maybe it's flying over my head or something, but I've stumbled over it both times I've read the chapter today.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go punch the wall for a while until the pain is greater than my anger at the Packers game.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Scotch, talking about the memory wipe from the giant machine pony thing (and the first instance of her hearing that P-21's her dad) and the general terror of that whole situation.... I guess? That tripped me up a bit too. "Tell me about it, because the Goddess had made me unable to tell her" seems like weird wording as well.

Also be happy for me that the Patriots won. Suck it Tennessee! :)
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Scotch, talking about the memory wipe from the giant machine pony thing (and the first instance of her hearing that P-21's her dad) and the general terror of that whole situation.

Also be happy for me that the Patriots won. Suck it Tennessee! :)

Somehow I forgot about that. Thanks!

I can be happy for you but unfortunately it won't erase the nausea from the loss. Though that might also have something to do with the Vodka. But I'm blaming the loss.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Swallow your pain along with a bitters and soda water. Prevents/remedies hangovers AND settles upset stomach!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Already on it believe it or not. Hoping I'll dodge after effects, I work at 6:30AM...

Clearly adding another read of chapter 50 to the mix will solve this problem.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:40 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Page 38
I wonder just how much more effective singing ponies are in combat.
About 70% if I recall correctly. Standard procedure is to not engage pony opponents until the song ends, and retreat if necessary.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:09 pm

So in regards to the ending of Chapter 50, Blackjack is going to have to make some snappy decisions... She's going to have to immediately decide whether to tell the truth or lie convincingly - all without anypony's input of what they want, or think is best...

It's going to be VERY interesting next chapter...
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:11 pm

I bet Blackjack yells "Look over there!," grabs everyone in magic and runs out. Knowing her, I almost expect it.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:18 pm

CalamityWhen wrote:So in regards to the ending of Chapter 50, Blackjack is going to have to make some snappy decisions... She's going to have to immediately decide whether to tell the truth or lie convincingly - all without anypony's input of what they want, or think is best...

Given that Glory is right there and has not introduced herself, I would guess she does not want her current situation and identity known. In light of this, Blackjack's most likely response is "Huh? Glory's right over the--[pointing] oh, right the whole Rainbow Dash thing... Uh, I dunno? [hiding hoof behind back]"
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Sindri wrote:Given that Glory is right there and has not introduced herself, I would guess she does not want her current situation and identity known. In light of this, Blackjack's most likely response is "Huh? Glory's right over the--[pointing] oh, right the whole Rainbow Dash thing... Uh, I dunno? [hiding hoof behind back]"

Yeah, it's going to be a mess either way. But how I'm seeing it, Glory could be worried more about seeing her mother, (or more likely) seeing her mother while possessing the body of Rainbow Dash. From her own statements, I extrapolate that she won't open up and explain what happened to Dawn - so Blackjack could will screw this up horribly, but perhaps Dawn's reaction will be what Glory needs (acceptance of the change), not what Glory wants (Dawn not finding out).

Then again, this is Hoofington. So in reality things could go all manner of wrong.

Last edited by CalamityWhen on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Yeah, Blackjack will probably make any attempt on Glory's part to hide futile. Unless, she didn't know it was Dawn, though it would be hard to forget what your mother looks like. How old, approximately of course, was Glory at the time?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Glory was looking "utterly petrified." She knows it's her.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Okay great chapter.
Spoiler:
When Colonel Cupcake was described, did anybody else immediately think of "YEAH!" pony from the hurricane episode? You know this guy: Roid Rage
I don't know why, but "YEAH" pony being named Cupcake just tickles my funny bone
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Glory was looking "utterly petrified." She knows it's her.
I suppose that is true. But we won't know for sure until the next chapter.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Great so tracy and i were taking a quiz and while I was having trouble with one of the problems,
(over thinking it)
she had solved it in her way. I was fixated on getting it myself and she wanted for me to examine her way of figuring it out. I had not solved it yet and did not allow her to explain her thing, I believed whe was going to help with the challenge, and well I was enjoying it, and when i solved it myself I tried to revisit what she was saying, she said all I wanted was to tell you my way of solving it,, I said I was sorry and that I was really trying to solve it myself, she said no I'm mad now so just get on with the next.

we did a couple more questions, I then stopped, let up review what answers we went over and turned my chair around to talk about the issue... she left. mad, I asked her not to leave mad. she did not slam the door but I'm not sure it was fair for her to do that, it was something small, although rude on my part because I would hold my hand up every time she tried to jump in while I was solving the problem.

Four years ago sam was half jane's age. now sam is 3/4 jane's age. how old is jane now?

she solved it quick, from what I gather anyway, if you answer don't spoil the fun for others on it.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:47 pm

Sindri wrote:
Cptadder wrote:P-21 has a hat, when did he get a hat?
He got Dusty's old hat when she got fed through a rock crusher, remember?
I totally forgot about that hat and I know why, zero fan-art of Hat wearing P-21. Fan-art tends to create my impression of characters if it jibes with my unformed mental image. The old PH fanart of P-21 with a grenade pin in his mouth with explosions going off behind him is how I imagine him, but he's not wearing a hat in that picture so I promptly forgot the hat because it never got mentioned much again unlike say Calamity's hat which is being pushed around or blown off every other fight to use a FoE comparison.

Caoimhe wrote:The only judge of intelligence I care about is what someone orders at a bar and what someone tips at a bar.
Ten tequila shots, line them up on the bar for me and get me a chant, here's twenty bucks for the tip and another ten in case you have to roll me into the street at closing time, try and roll me into one of the nicer gutters if that happens.

Caoimhe wrote:Chapter 51: Blackjack's greatest challange: cooking a decent enough meal to impress her mom! Can she keep her friends from belching or starting a food fight to win parental approval?

I am reminded of another cooking robot who was also blessed with a lack of taste buds (Blackjack had none before she became a cyborg and now she's eating tin cans for fun) so the method is clear, cook the meal of your life and lace the whole thing with LSD so no one remembers anything after except how delicious the colors tasted.

Caoimhe wrote:I bet Blackjack yells "Look over there!," grabs everyone in magic and runs out. Knowing her, I almost expect it.
I'll go you one better, Blackjack shots "Look a distraction!" and grabs Glory's bedsheets to throw over Glory's mom and them makes with the dramatic escape only for no one to follower her and Glory's mom to slowly remove the bedsheets to see a familiar looking pony at the table.

Sindri wrote:
CalamityWhen wrote:So in regards to the ending of Chapter 50, Blackjack is going to have to make some snappy decisions... She's going to have to immediately decide whether to tell the truth or lie convincingly - all without anypony's input of what they want, or think is best...

Given that Glory is right there and has not introduced herself, I would guess she does not want her current situation and identity known. In light of this, Blackjack's most likely response is "Huh? Glory's right over the--[pointing] oh, right the whole Rainbow Dash thing... Uh, I dunno? [hiding hoof behind back]"
I'm still down with a patented foolproof Blackjack plan of "Look a distraction" then diving out a window.

By the way I left this out of my roundup, but I enjoyed 50 despite the lack of action because it was a lack of action and mostly BJ not feeling sorry with herself. To be sure Blackjack was in a bad place and had some serious mental issues going on but it was not a case of Blackjack moping. Never once did I feel the urge to box BJ's ears and tell her to walk it off as my grandfather might tell me. Nope, nothing but legitimate mental issues here.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:50 pm

@Admiral: I'm not sure I understand. I believe the answer is
Spoiler:
is there some kind of trick to the question? Sorry if I am missing the point, I am a little confused about what's going on
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:55 pm

the issue is not the question

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:04 am

@Admiral: So the issue is that you didn't listen to your study buddy and she got pissed off and left?

Was alcohol involved?
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasu Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:56 am

While i would love to do a long review on all of chapter 50, i have a massive courseload for tomorrow, so let me just say that i think i'll write one once i've managed to pick the scattered pieces of my jaw off of the floor. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 2775469706 Awesome chapter as always somber, and thanks be to the brushing team.

Congrats on breaching the 1 million word mark, and good luck/inspiration for the future.

Karasu
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:22 am

the issue is that my girlfriend is not willing to talk through thing

no alchol has been involved with my system for the past 24 hours
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:48 am

Chapter 50 Commentary:
Editing:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:55 am

Eh, uh, BTW *Yawn* wordcount's at 994,257 right now according to this. So the 1 million work mark will be next chapter.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 702243357
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:28 am

Tytan wrote:@Robored

Your location on your profile intrigues me. What part of the great corn state do you inhabit. (You don't need to be specific if you don't want to.)
Eastern side. Por que?

Caoimhe wrote:Chapter 51: Blackjack's greatest challange: cooking a decent enough meal to impress her mom! Can she keep her friends from belching or starting a food fight to win parental approval?

*golf clap*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 am

Am I the only one who can't wait for the goddess to die?
Spoiler:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next