Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+46
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
Mister Nikel
Scootayay
Rboy474
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
WovenTales
Farnham
RandomBlank
Jeremyrush
OneMoreDaySK
Necr0maNceR
WavemasterRyx
Princess Celestia
Somber
Stringtheory
Derpy Hooves
Aonee
nallar
Ki-Tarn
O. Hinds
NoodleNugget
Snipehamster
Orm
XT Vengeance
jacky2734
Tiroth
MrMagma
Ametros
Elexius
Kippershy
Moodyman90
Ketchup
Sindri
Rickyking
Scyto Harmony
Derpmind
Paper Airplane
Meleagridis
Valikdu
SilentCarto
RoboRed
Katarn
CamoBadger
Kattlarv
50 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Moodyman90 Wed May 23, 2012 11:01 am

I realized my comparison between Deathclaws and Nightstalkers/ Cazadors was a bit off since yes, the latter two do look like what they're suppose to while typing it, but they still fit due to being science gone mad.
Could always say the on in 3 and NV was a different batch or a side branch of the ones that came before.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Wed May 23, 2012 11:10 am

Mobius04 wrote:Finally caught up with the story again. This chapter has to be one of my
favorites for the character development and Blackjack getting a
breather.

By the way, this is Fuzzy Porcupine Paws from the previous comment threads on EQD.

Welcome back, Fuzzy! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 524433800
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed May 23, 2012 11:51 am

RandomBlank wrote:

Anyway, Hellhounds are vastly superior.
How did I not know my hero had a tumblr before now?!?! *follows and begins reading every. single. post.*
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed May 23, 2012 12:32 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Mobius04 wrote:On a personal level BJ associates monogamy with the destructive relationship between the Overmare and P-21. In her mind a strictly monogamous person carries all the pain and toxicity as the Overmare repeatedly raping her friend.
Oh, wow. That's an angle I hadn't considered before. Now I have the mental image of BJ giving Glory a careful hug and telling her, "You're not a bad pony, so you don't have to be that way..."
Any future PH clopfic now has to include that line. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 2182320263

@Kattlarv
I think you're reading waaaay into this. The sex that was actually described wasn't Blackjack actually trying to satisfy herself. Blackjack specifically doesn't do anything because she's trying to keep herself from killing Stygius. After she successfully avoided murder, there's a convenient timeskip where you can imagine Blackjack doing whatever. As for Stygius, he was basically joking about getting sex at first and was not prepared at all.

@Nightmare Moon
Yarr, thar be dangerous waters ye be sailing. Beware the HEADCANNONS!
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed May 23, 2012 12:57 pm

RandomBlank wrote:Anyway, Hellhounds are vastly superior.

I have got to read more of that. Ask RedEye is awesome and you are awesome for writing it.

Personally, though, I prefer Sand Dogs. ...I don't have a fancy link for that. Have sand dogs shown up in any recursive fan work yet? I've been thinking of a sand dog's story myself, and I wonder what impression they left on other people.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
RandomBlank wrote:Anyway, Hellhounds are vastly superior.

I have got to read more of that. Ask RedEye is awesome and you are awesome for writing it.

Personally, though, I prefer Sand Dogs. ...I don't have a fancy link for that. Have sand dogs shown up in any recursive fan work yet? I've been thinking of a sand dog's story myself, and I wonder what impression they left on other people.

Sand dogs are nice. I just recently got to their first bit in my re-read, and I like them. Also, Thrush and Blackjack with bottles on their horns are hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Wed May 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Nightmare Moon wrote:
RandomBlank wrote:

Anyway, Hellhounds are vastly superior.
How did I not know my hero had a tumblr before now?!?! *follows and begins reading every. single. post.*

Heh, you'll have some reading :) I've been productive :)

Derpmind wrote:
@Nightmare Moon
Yarr, thar be dangerous waters ye be sailing. Beware the HEADCANNONS!
I consider it more of a spinoff... a prequel in form of bunch of random short stories and trivia bound together by a retrospective sequel storyline :) Yeah, a bunch of my headcanon, but I try to be non-conflicting with the others.

Meleagridis wrote:

Thanks!
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Wed May 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
And for Styg, if you go back and read over the discussion about him, you will find several flaws and errors with that statement. Not entierly sure the exact meaning of the words, but I'd put him as more or less a "selfish douche, with a bit of class". Or "white knight" works too. Since yes, he did respect her boundaries, to a borderline extent. He still just (to what I could make out of it) wanted to use her to get off himself with. She was in a emotionally weak state, and he used that.

while the first part of that is your opinion and I can respect it even though i think of him in an entirely opposite way, but the whole 'diabolical sex fiend' part makes me laugh. I mean no offense its just that how i view the character he is like a billion times more innocent than that. He seems more like an 'Over excited young adult living up to the knightly image of his forefathers'. I mean, it says he is pretty much a virgin, when BJ kissed him(not when he pecked her at the bath) he practically melted in her hooves and when she finally offered sex(though i will admit i wasn't expecting it so soon) he was completely caught off guard. Then while they were doing the dirty disco he pumped like 4 times before he creamed his saddle. he's about as much a sexual deviant who had been planing to get in her barding as much as I am a turkey. He may have fantasized(considering he spent half the time while he was with her staring at her ass) but i seriously doubt he had figured out an entire scheme that would get those results.

On a different note, I'm debating changing my battletag to 'Stygilicious'

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed May 23, 2012 2:34 pm

Hmm... Has it ever been mentioned what happened to area's outside of Equestria, like Prance?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 2:42 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:Hmm... Has it ever been mentioned what happened to area's outside of Equestria, like Prance?
I think Prance is a club or something in PH - "Fancee" is the place, looks like. “Oooh! Or there’s a Fancee restaurant down by the river!”

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed May 23, 2012 2:51 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:Hmm... Has it ever been mentioned what happened to area's outside of Equestria, like Prance?
Heroes technically takes place outside Equestria, and it's pretty much the same. But I'd think it's likely the same in the Zebra nation. Mutually Assured Destruction and all that.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed May 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Roam probably can't be spoken for until Fallout gives us some more detail on life in China. Probably not likely?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed May 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
If this single encounter represented Blackjack's attitude toward and habits regarding sex under normal conditions, you'd be right. But it's not. She didn't really care about "finishing" herself and considered it a nice bonus because she wasn't in it for the pleasure this time, she was trying to prove to herself that she could go through the act without her trauma taking over and killing the stallion. She counted the rounds from his perspective instead of her own because that was the number of times she managed to go through with it, even if she didn't get off herself.

But under ordinary conditions? She hated P-21 in their first meeting at the Overmare's birthday party because she couldn't get off; he kept crying the whole time and it was a major turn-off. Even with Glory, we get a lot of information about how Glory made BJ feel, and virtually nothing about the reverse. Just as you say, she was raised in a culture where sex was all about the mare having fun and the partner didn't matter, and it shows.

Probably in side stories, but we've heard about as much about other nations in the main tales as we heard about Europe in the Fallout games.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed May 23, 2012 5:34 pm

First, I believe France (or Prance, or Fancee) is part of Equestria.

Kkat answered some questions about Zebrica back in the FOE thread. Zebrica hasn't been hampered by two centuries of cloud cover and taint poisoning, so they're in better shape agriculturally speaking. However, their version of Stables were not as efficient as Equestrian ones, generally being along the lines of "outfit a played-out coal mine with food and water supplies". They probably had more survivors in general, but life in the mines makes Stable 99 look like heaven.
The beasties that used to be bad enough to force zebras to develop combat robots have now had 200 years to spread and mutate. It's like Monster Island out there. Where Equestrian survivors are driven to spread thinly in order to locate enough resources to survive, Zebrican survivors are driven to cluster for mutual defense. You're likely to see something more like a fortress-city surrounded by farmland in the middle of the wastes rather than small villages relying on trade and subsistence farming. Zebras will have a harder time scavenging, though, since it's a good day if you only see deathclaws. Expect their general tech level to be significantly lower.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 23, 2012 6:06 pm

RandomBlank wrote:Have you ever entered a closed corrugated sheet metal garage on a sunny day? The temperatures easily reach 80C.
…Isn't that enough to actually cause burns just by exposure to the air?

Kattlarv wrote:@O. Hinds: (BJ) Right, being less tired now, and might be able to explain it better. Part here…
Aye, I understand what you mean and think that you do have something of a point. I believe, though, that the chapter's current form is acceptable, which is good since I don't think that the others would be amenable to instituting changes here anyway. As you say at the end of your first paragraph, it can mostly make sense, and I think that the break with 99 culture can be explained as simply being a break with 99 culture; a lack of concern for the male is one of the negative aspects that Blackjack has been trying to get away from. There's also the fact that she knows that he's a virgin and therefore not as capable as a more experienced pony would be.

As for your second point… Sorry, that I don't really see. As far as I can tell, both of them are, based on the information at hand, happily getting what they want out of the deal.

Nightmare Moon wrote:Heroes technically takes place outside Equestria, and it's pretty much the same. But I'd think it's likely the same in the Zebra nation. Mutually Assured Destruction and all that.
Speaking of headcanon…
"WoT":
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Wed May 23, 2012 7:10 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
RandomBlank wrote:Have you ever entered a closed corrugated sheet metal garage on a sunny day? The temperatures easily reach 80C.
…Isn't that enough to actually cause burns just by exposure to the air?

Not really, air has poor thermal capacity and even a little sweat will isolate you sufficiently for long enough to move out before discomfort and pain turns into actual injury. The typical sauna temperature is 70-100C, and as soon as you create some draft, the temperature drops rapidly. But staying locked in such a room for hours guarantees death. And entering during a hot day will be definite discomfort. Think car left in the sun.

---
your headcanon:

one thing I'm definitely sure of: the missiles Celestia encountered over
the Whitetail Wood had to be Cruise type. The ballistic missiles would
come way from above and there was no way she could encounter them that
far from Canterlot.
My guess... Zebras had both.
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Wed May 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Is it bad that when i was introduced to withermoths in D3 that i had an episode of running into cazadors from NV?

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 pm

http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/14900/
Not much goin' on here, so here is another name generator!
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed May 23, 2012 11:00 pm

ketchup504 wrote:http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/14900/

Is it wrong to enter several war criminals into those things?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed May 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Not if the names come out "Goldenblood"
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed May 23, 2012 11:07 pm

I typed out my full name, which is three first names plus my last, and one of them being an epic first name, and I got the Male Earth Pony named Brawny Charger.

I approve.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Wed May 23, 2012 11:16 pm

I typed Goldenblood into the name generator with the evil pony filter and got "Demon Devil."
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed May 23, 2012 11:18 pm

jacky2734 wrote:I typed Goldenblood into the name generator with the evil pony filter and got "Demon Devil."

Until more information comes out about him, I approve.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed May 23, 2012 11:23 pm

I typed in Trueblood: Twisted Spectre
Blackjack: Luna Dancer
P-21: Brawny Spirit

Lilpip:Light Darling

Charles Manson Earth Pony: Brave Soldier
Joesph Stalin: Rough Soldier
Fidel Castro: Silver Charger

John Lennon: Charming Stallion
Neil Armstrong: Lightning Twister

Pretty good....
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Wed May 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
I'm in agreement with Hinds that both partners got what they wanted out of the experience. You have interesting interpretations on the intentions of Stygius. I respect your opinions as they are formed from what life has thrown at you. Honestly I can't accurately assess just how much influence BJ's stable would dictate her ethics on relationships. Trying to discern it to the degree you and I are in this discussion would be prone to being subjective and full of headcannon. A good story is half what is on the page and half what you imagine. More so in this case since Blackjack describes herself as "not a smart pony" and would be unlikely to flesh out her psychology in such fine detail.

The only other insight to add would be the disparity in orgasm count from rounds 1-3. Stygius is a virgin and learning the ropes in how to please a partner. That takes practice. For BJ she's struggling with the anxiety screaming in one ear while trying to enjoy herself. It is really, REALLY difficult to stay aroused and in the mood when trauma is bleeding through every possible second. BJ had a life time of positive sexual experiences to draw from, which will speed up the recovery time. The fact that she could allow herself to be vulnerable enough to orgasm says that the weeks in the psych sim did her a world of good. That anxiety during intimacy never goes away. There is no starting back from square one. With dedication the anxiety from trauma can be worked to a dull whisper. Balckjack's habits of understanding and forgiveness seem to be coming around full circle when it comes to accepting herself.

Random Blank wrote:
Holy crap, I love your tumblr. Please keep up the good work.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu May 24, 2012 12:06 am

ketchup504 wrote:http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/14900/
Huh. I got "Charming Stallion". Which is really more of a description than a name, though at least it's accurate... Coo
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Thu May 24, 2012 12:35 am

swicked wrote:

The surprise over BJ's actions was what took me off guard. Fidelity and faithfulness are ideas I hold very strongly and I felt the impulse that something wasn't right. BJ was very open about her attraction to Stygius and her willingness to persue it. I was wrong of course. It was just my personal feelings making me biased until the non-monogamy of stable 99 was reiterated. I'm not proud that my personal feelings made me negatively biased on BJ's actions, but that is what happened for the first half of the chapter. After that I was able to calm down and better see the story through BJ's eyes.

Going into detail over physical vs. romance worked out in the chapter's favor. The relationships would be complex to say the least. Look at Gin Rummy and her relationships. Regardless of having a close female partner, it would still be culturally mandated that she produce an heir. I don't know how that would have changed the relationship between Gin Rummy and the stallion that sired BJ.

What I'm very interested in seeing is if BJ and Stygius are going to continue to travel together, or if Stygius will be joining the main party in any capacity. Short term, Stygius seems capable in a fight and can further BJ's recovery from trauma. Long term, he adds some much needed levity and a potential sire for BJ's children.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 24, 2012 12:48 am

By the way, I note that no one appears to have picked up on this yet. Actually, as far as I know, only Somber himself actually noticed it. I think that it's been long enough, though, so here's something else for you to chew on: what is Stygius's palette?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu May 24, 2012 12:51 am

O. Hinds wrote:By the way, I note that no one appears to have picked up on this yet. Actually, as far as I know, only Somber himself actually noticed it. I think that it's been long enough, though, so here's something else for you to chew on: what is Stygius's palette?
Isn't it already rather fixed by the lunar guards from Luna Eclipsed?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Thu May 24, 2012 1:05 am

Secondary characters have a special place in my heart. So when one I like comes into the story my druthers lie with having them stick around. A cave full of bat ponies would present a fun piece of back story and lore. Seeing a pair of siblings is one thing, but exploring a family unit and entire society would make for an outstanding story.

Now that I think about it, just how much sound can ranger armor block out ? It seems that metal being a better conductor for sound waves would allow Stygius to make ear drum bursting resonance attacks against Steel Rain. A team of bat ponies working in concert could perform more nuanced actions like sonic attacks that shatter the bones of enemy ponies or cause their chest cavities to collapse. Just imagine how much damage a defense force of bat ponies could muster if they engineered resonance tubes in their caves. Wait for an enemy to enter and then blast specific intensities of sound from a safe distance behind cover. There is a certain virtue to the psychological effects of an invading army having to watch their comrades vomit blood and perish from internally ruptured organs.

Civilizations outside of Equestria proper fascinate me. Seeing the highlander village remains on my sight seeing tour of PH, and with any luck we'll have the privilege of seeing Stygius's home. After all, he'll have to return to his family eventually. Be it to reunite with them, or to let them know if he travels with Blackjack.

As for the batpony's palette I'm with SilentCarto. I thought that they naturally had grey coats. If this is different, well it went over my head.

Edit: Found it CH.44, Page 3, Paragraph 8.

Step
by step it… he… emerged. He was a pony like none I’d ever seen before.
His hide was a dark gray and his tail a deep purple; I couldn’t see
his mane under his helmet. To my shock, he had wings… but not wings
like a pegasus. These wings were leathery skin--similar to a
manticore’s--rather than feathered, and his large ears had prominent
tufts at the ends. I’d never seen a monsterpony like this before... and
I’d thought that Brass had been the last one anyway. He wore dark
purple metal armor that appeared almost archaic but also quite intricate
and clearly well-crafted and tended. At least that suggested he wasn’t
a feral monster...
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next