Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup on Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 pm

http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/14900/
Not much goin' on here, so here is another name generator!
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Wed May 23, 2012 11:00 pm

ketchup504 wrote:http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/14900/

Is it wrong to enter several war criminals into those things?
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee on Wed May 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Not if the names come out "Goldenblood"
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Wed May 23, 2012 11:07 pm

I typed out my full name, which is three first names plus my last, and one of them being an epic first name, and I got the Male Earth Pony named Brawny Charger.

I approve.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 on Wed May 23, 2012 11:16 pm

I typed Goldenblood into the name generator with the evil pony filter and got "Demon Devil."
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Wed May 23, 2012 11:18 pm

jacky2734 wrote:I typed Goldenblood into the name generator with the evil pony filter and got "Demon Devil."

Until more information comes out about him, I approve.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 on Wed May 23, 2012 11:23 pm

I typed in Trueblood: Twisted Spectre
Blackjack: Luna Dancer
P-21: Brawny Spirit

Lilpip:Light Darling

Charles Manson Earth Pony: Brave Soldier
Joesph Stalin: Rough Soldier
Fidel Castro: Silver Charger

John Lennon: Charming Stallion
Neil Armstrong: Lightning Twister

Pretty good....
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 on Wed May 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
I'm in agreement with Hinds that both partners got what they wanted out of the experience. You have interesting interpretations on the intentions of Stygius. I respect your opinions as they are formed from what life has thrown at you. Honestly I can't accurately assess just how much influence BJ's stable would dictate her ethics on relationships. Trying to discern it to the degree you and I are in this discussion would be prone to being subjective and full of headcannon. A good story is half what is on the page and half what you imagine. More so in this case since Blackjack describes herself as "not a smart pony" and would be unlikely to flesh out her psychology in such fine detail.

The only other insight to add would be the disparity in orgasm count from rounds 1-3. Stygius is a virgin and learning the ropes in how to please a partner. That takes practice. For BJ she's struggling with the anxiety screaming in one ear while trying to enjoy herself. It is really, REALLY difficult to stay aroused and in the mood when trauma is bleeding through every possible second. BJ had a life time of positive sexual experiences to draw from, which will speed up the recovery time. The fact that she could allow herself to be vulnerable enough to orgasm says that the weeks in the psych sim did her a world of good. That anxiety during intimacy never goes away. There is no starting back from square one. With dedication the anxiety from trauma can be worked to a dull whisper. Balckjack's habits of understanding and forgiveness seem to be coming around full circle when it comes to accepting herself.

Random Blank wrote:
Holy crap, I love your tumblr. Please keep up the good work.
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Thu May 24, 2012 12:06 am

ketchup504 wrote:http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/14900/
Huh. I got "Charming Stallion". Which is really more of a description than a name, though at least it's accurate... Coo
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu May 24, 2012 12:18 am

I would agree with you, Mobius. BJ's mind was still shuffling between the phantom pains of the rape and the fear of bashing Styg's skull in whenever she stopped focusing on specifically NOT doing that very thing. I would expect her orgasm would come as a surprise.

As for ethics in how she handles her relationship, physical vs. romantic, it personally seemed to me like a considerable portion of the chapter was devoted to stating and restating how things were in 99. Far more than I personally needed, but since some people still seem surprised by her actions I figure it was a good thing to try and over-explain.

Last edited by swicked on Thu May 24, 2012 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammaaaaaar yar)

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 on Thu May 24, 2012 12:35 am

swicked wrote:

The surprise over BJ's actions was what took me off guard. Fidelity and faithfulness are ideas I hold very strongly and I felt the impulse that something wasn't right. BJ was very open about her attraction to Stygius and her willingness to persue it. I was wrong of course. It was just my personal feelings making me biased until the non-monogamy of stable 99 was reiterated. I'm not proud that my personal feelings made me negatively biased on BJ's actions, but that is what happened for the first half of the chapter. After that I was able to calm down and better see the story through BJ's eyes.

Going into detail over physical vs. romance worked out in the chapter's favor. The relationships would be complex to say the least. Look at Gin Rummy and her relationships. Regardless of having a close female partner, it would still be culturally mandated that she produce an heir. I don't know how that would have changed the relationship between Gin Rummy and the stallion that sired BJ.

What I'm very interested in seeing is if BJ and Stygius are going to continue to travel together, or if Stygius will be joining the main party in any capacity. Short term, Stygius seems capable in a fight and can further BJ's recovery from trauma. Long term, he adds some much needed levity and a potential sire for BJ's children.
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu May 24, 2012 12:48 am

By the way, I note that no one appears to have picked up on this yet. Actually, as far as I know, only Somber himself actually noticed it. I think that it's been long enough, though, so here's something else for you to chew on: what is Stygius's palette?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu May 24, 2012 12:51 am

I dunno about him joining the group, per say. I think they're going to need to solve some greater issue with the batponies... their story, as it is, is vague... and the reason they aren't allowed to involve themselves with other ponies is "cause". I'm not sure that was neccessarily explained adequately in his little history lesson. Maybe they've had some history of being prayed on or... I dunno. Something.

At the very least we don't know what happened in the exchange between him and his sister. She might have actually stated he was expected to be home in an hour or something, and he just took off with BJ anyway. I would say it's quite early to consider him an even potential member of the greater group.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Thu May 24, 2012 12:51 am

O. Hinds wrote:By the way, I note that no one appears to have picked up on this yet. Actually, as far as I know, only Somber himself actually noticed it. I think that it's been long enough, though, so here's something else for you to chew on: what is Stygius's palette?
Isn't it already rather fixed by the lunar guards from Luna Eclipsed?
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 on Thu May 24, 2012 1:05 am

Secondary characters have a special place in my heart. So when one I like comes into the story my druthers lie with having them stick around. A cave full of bat ponies would present a fun piece of back story and lore. Seeing a pair of siblings is one thing, but exploring a family unit and entire society would make for an outstanding story.

Now that I think about it, just how much sound can ranger armor block out ? It seems that metal being a better conductor for sound waves would allow Stygius to make ear drum bursting resonance attacks against Steel Rain. A team of bat ponies working in concert could perform more nuanced actions like sonic attacks that shatter the bones of enemy ponies or cause their chest cavities to collapse. Just imagine how much damage a defense force of bat ponies could muster if they engineered resonance tubes in their caves. Wait for an enemy to enter and then blast specific intensities of sound from a safe distance behind cover. There is a certain virtue to the psychological effects of an invading army having to watch their comrades vomit blood and perish from internally ruptured organs.

Civilizations outside of Equestria proper fascinate me. Seeing the highlander village remains on my sight seeing tour of PH, and with any luck we'll have the privilege of seeing Stygius's home. After all, he'll have to return to his family eventually. Be it to reunite with them, or to let them know if he travels with Blackjack.

As for the batpony's palette I'm with SilentCarto. I thought that they naturally had grey coats. If this is different, well it went over my head.

Edit: Found it CH.44, Page 3, Paragraph 8.

Step
by step it… he… emerged. He was a pony like none I’d ever seen before.
His hide was a dark gray and his tail a deep purple; I couldn’t see
his mane under his helmet. To my shock, he had wings… but not wings
like a pegasus. These wings were leathery skin--similar to a
manticore’s--rather than feathered, and his large ears had prominent
tufts at the ends. I’d never seen a monsterpony like this before... and
I’d thought that Brass had been the last one anyway. He wore dark
purple metal armor that appeared almost archaic but also quite intricate
and clearly well-crafted and tended. At least that suggested he wasn’t
a feral monster...
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Thu May 24, 2012 1:12 am

Well, I can't say it clicked for me right away, but I knew dark gray with purple tail sounded familiar. So Blackjack misses Glory original colors then.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu May 24, 2012 1:13 am

O. Hinds wrote:By the way, I note that no one appears to have picked up on this yet. Actually, as far as I know, only Somber himself actually noticed it. I think that it's been long enough, though, so here's something else for you to chew on: what is Stygius's palette?

I just assumed something similar to Luna's Royal Guard. However, I also have a bit mixed in my head from the batponies from egophiliac's Moonstuck tumblr.
Mobius04 wrote:

Edit: Found it CH.44, Page 3, Paragraph 8.

Step
by step it… he… emerged. He was a pony like none I’d ever seen before.
His hide was a dark gray and his tail a deep purple; I couldn’t see
his mane under his helmet. To my shock, he had wings… but not wings
like a pegasus. These wings were leathery skin--similar to a
manticore’s--rather than feathered, and his large ears had prominent
tufts at the ends. I’d never seen a monsterpony like this before... and
I’d thought that Brass had been the last one anyway. He wore dark
purple metal armor that appeared almost archaic but also quite intricate
and clearly well-crafted and tended. At least that suggested he wasn’t
a feral monster...
Ohhhhhh....

Last edited by RoboRed on Thu May 24, 2012 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 on Thu May 24, 2012 1:16 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Well, I can't say it clicked for me right away, but I knew dark gray with purple tail sounded familiar. So Blackjack misses Glory original colors then.
Oh crap. Do you think that the similarity will come to bite Blackjack in the ass? Given that Glory currently looks like Rainbowdash, it might be misinterpreted as BJ trying to replace Glory with a flier of similar coloration.
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Thu May 24, 2012 1:16 am

funny, no one noticed his palette was described, except some did and just did not register it... lol... I wanna plow something now
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu May 24, 2012 1:24 am

You know, a really long time ago I actually did notice that Glory had a similar palette to a night guard. I absolutely did not remember that until now, though :P

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 on Thu May 24, 2012 1:25 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:lol... I wanna plow something now
Admiral you are frank, expressive and full of surprises. For that, you are my hero.
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Thu May 24, 2012 1:28 am

Mobius04 wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Well, I can't say it clicked for me right away, but I knew dark gray with purple tail sounded familiar. So Blackjack misses Glory original colors then.
Oh crap. Do you think that the similarity will come to bite Blackjack in the ass? Given that Glory currently looks like Rainbowdash, it might be misinterpreted as BJ trying to replace Glory with a flier of similar coloration.

Well, it depends on how Glory takes it. If the fact Blackjack was willing to be with a stallion bothers her, the fact he had her old colors isn't going to help.
If she's alright with the fact Blackjack was with a stallion, and this is going on the thought process that she's willing to accept that medical Blackjack needed it to get over her trauma, the fact he has the same color as she did may act as a complement. "He looked enough like me to let her get over it." and what not.

My mind has various other ideas and scenarios but I'd end up getting close to what happens and ruining it. If I haven't already done it.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 on Thu May 24, 2012 1:43 am

Glory's reaction is the wild card that makes the whole situation volatile. She strikes me as inexperienced when it comes to relationships and not likely to have the emotional resilience required to keep a cool head in this situation. Loosing Black Jack is something that terrifies her. Glory was the main mover and shaker when it came to augmenting BJ as a cyberpony. That alone has evidence on what she was willing to do to keep BJ alive.

Guh, the whole cyber pony incident is one that is a massive can of worms. Glory believed she was doing the right thing by keeping Blackjack alive, even though there was no chance at helping BJ accept the changes to her body at the time. She was unable to face her problems and wouldn't be likely to listen to help. Combine the stigma cyberpony BJ has of not feeling like a pony with the trauma of having her body raped and it is a whole can of worms that is going to come to a head. Mix it all with BJ unconsciously blaming Glory for turning her into a cyber pony without her consent, and Glory moving mountains to keep BJ alive. Oh boy there are makings for hot tempers flying.
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Thu May 24, 2012 1:54 am

Mobius04 wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:lol... I wanna plow something now
Admiral you are frank, expressive and full of surprises. For that, you are my hero.

Hah, you see, the internet gives you that freedom, mind you there are things you don't say that involve the fatal harm of major political figures, you don't want to mention that, not that its really going to do much to do that. won't change anything much other tan give government more reason to remove more of our civil rights...

That however is only because fear is being used as a controlling factor for our public, keep people scared and you can dget them to do whatever you want.

like cattle really...

on a side note, I have made arrangements with a friend to learn horseback riding in the american western style, and it is 25 an hour, I am a little disappointed there was no fried discount, but then again, it is a means of income. No not rodeo, more like basics, the first bit I'll be on the saddle just to get used to being on a horse then the saddle comes off and I learn the horse on bareback... get used to sitting proper without that "crutch" of a saddle. naturally I asked about the clothes, apparently jeans and boots, but not tennis shoes, sneakers are okay, as long a s the ball of the foot is narrow...

ungh rambling,

Has anyone thought that BJ may have had her implat removed unbeknownst to her and she could very well, if she was in heat, dunno tho, and become preggers? I mean the Styg was not the first stallion to become attracted to her after getting into whiffing distance...

I mean BJ is emotional enough as it is, imagine her with mood swings and the nausea, I mean she puked glass on somone and killed them... slowly by suffocation, perfect... ramble ramble ramble, probably getting sleepy...

Franly tho, I wonder was styg's endowment mentioned, i guess it does not mattter, if the dam likes it, she'll ask for more, and well four times...lol

Had that experience with a friend, she kept coming for more, despite my insecurities, then again I suppose 45 minute marathos got her hot, she'd wear out before I popped lol... too much information? well I have yet to do a seven rounder... curse you Vanity... I will attempt it...if my girlfriend can keep up...retroverted uterus... its can be uncomfortable if it don't flip over at some point....I did hit the three mark tho, it was awesome she was practically glowing about it ...:) sexcapades isn't that a game?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu May 24, 2012 1:55 am

Mobius04 wrote:Oh boy there are makings for hot tempers flying.
Ican'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twait... Crazy
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu May 24, 2012 1:56 am

My opinion? She's the second youngest one in the group and pretty immature, excitable and emotional. She can be very focused when she has something to do, but breaks down and cries when she doesn't, like when BJ first went off on her own to kill herself.

So I think, when she hears about this, she's going to run off and cry because this relationship means so much to her and, unlike Blackjack, she doesn't have physical and romantic relationships disjointed.

Yes, she's smart enough to figure out Blackjack's side of things. Yes, she'll eventually be able to come to terms with this, even if it will always hurt. But her immediate reaction is going to become extremely upset and refuse to speak to Blackjack until someone else talks to her. I figure this will be the group psychiatrist, Rampage, but there's a tiny chance P-21 might be able to help explain to her how Blackjack and 99 are/were like, allowing him to win back some of the trust from her he broke when he risked Scotch's life.

Then she'll come back, whack Blackjack across the head and they'll be able to start slowly building their relationship back up to where it was. I absolutely do not think Glory be able to entirely forgive her. She's too involved in this and the scars are gonna sting for a while. Plus, like many of the forum members here, she's gonna believe Blackjack should have known better due to how she's been treating and talking to Blackjack about their relationship.

I am not all that great at reading Somber's characters, though, so this should definitely all be taken with a grain of salt.

Edit:
Oh, and like a lot of you, Blackjack might expect Glory to get angry once someone (likely Rampage, again) explains to her that Glory sees their relationship differently that a 99 mare does. Which will upset Blackjack all the more when Glory absolutely DOESN'T respond with anger.

Last edited by swicked on Thu May 24, 2012 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Thu May 24, 2012 1:58 am

Well, in any case, if Somber keeps up with the style he's been using so far, no matter the outcome Blackjack is going to suffer the most. I don't care what happens, Blackjack suffers most. The best we can hope for is no deaths and everything being sorted later. The worst would probably break Blackjack to past the point of no return.

I think the Fallout Equestria stories are getting to me. I was reading through Murky Number Seven and every time something good happens and things are looking up I find myself going "Oh right, I'm reading about a protagonist in a FoE story... and sure enough something bad follows. Same goes for Heroes and especially here in Project Horizon.

If I may make a prediction a party member is going to leave and be replaced, at least for the time being, or somebody is going to leave and come back repeatedly over the course of the rest of the story. I'm also not ruling out a death but I'm hesitant to pick who.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Thu May 24, 2012 2:09 am

wel the shit gets worse when it gets better is one of the main themes of FoE stories... I mean steelhooves died... he needed it it was his time, but at the same time it was right after a major victory... makes sense
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 on Thu May 24, 2012 2:14 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
The question of Blackjack's contraceptive implant has popped up recently in the the tumblr as well as in the most recent chapter. BJ really doesn't know the status of the implant and its functionality. Personally I don't see the story going in the direction of BJ being a mother any time soon. At least not until the seekers stop wishing her imminent demise and the mystery of EC-1101 has been resolved.

@Swicked. I agree with you on all points. One are not explored is how Glory's insecurities of her Rainbowdash form are going to make her more volatile. RD has been known as a hot head who can jump to conclusions. Combine that with Glory's rapid fire intellect that will put all her insecurities together at the same time. Though despite all that you think she won't get angry or aggressive? Given how BJ couldn't even lash out against Harpacia it would make sense. BJ can handle a shouting match, but Glory blaming herself would just be a whole world full of hurt.
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Thu May 24, 2012 2:23 am

gestation is ~ 11 months for equines, so I would think that since they are just weeks away from Maripony blowing up, and operation cauterize being put into effect, even if she is pregnant there won't be much consequence to it through the story for a long time

Lets have some rule 34 Blackjack...

I'm feeling particularly nasty right now....
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down