Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+46
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
Mister Nikel
Scootayay
Rboy474
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
WovenTales
Farnham
RandomBlank
Jeremyrush
OneMoreDaySK
Necr0maNceR
WavemasterRyx
Princess Celestia
Somber
Stringtheory
Derpy Hooves
Aonee
nallar
Ki-Tarn
O. Hinds
NoodleNugget
Snipehamster
Orm
XT Vengeance
jacky2734
Tiroth
MrMagma
Ametros
Elexius
Kippershy
Moodyman90
Ketchup
Sindri
Rickyking
Scyto Harmony
Derpmind
Paper Airplane
Meleagridis
Valikdu
SilentCarto
RoboRed
Katarn
CamoBadger
Kattlarv
50 posters

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by NoodleNugget Mon May 21, 2012 9:56 pm

@somber writing fallout 4
first off, yes yes yes.
secondly any chance you could bring back the intelligent deathclaws? Perhaps Xarn and Goris found another colony of deathclaws and had children that kept the whole intelligence part from the fev? i dunno, i liked that concept.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 21, 2012 10:11 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Another thing I'd like to see if spin offs are involved would be a storyline in China, and respectfully, a FO:E PH spin off in Zebra lands. What would that be like?
Do you have something that can read Photoshop files, layers included? I could send you the current version of my larger-area map, if you like; it's still in alpha, but it's got some interesting stuff on it, I think, and it includes or mentions many of my ideas for that sort of thing. (The fates of the Zebra lands are, unsurprisingly, a subject in which I am interested.)

edit: Oh, and if it interests you, I've also been developing my own ideas about the trigger of the apocalypse. Said ideas might have to change to keep up with new revelations from PH, but I think that they're interesting even if they can't yet be finalized.

Last edited by O. Hinds on Mon May 21, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Fallout 3 Vs. Fallout NV
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 132604629026716

So apparently Fo3 had crappy writing, but it did have a grim-doom green tinted atmosphere that many people liked. FNV meanwhile had much better writing but it's not perfect and is vulnerable to a million nitpicks. I personally cannot stand stupid writing in any media, (because writing is everything,) so that means that Fallout 3 probably wouldn't be my cup of tea. FNV meanwhile still has some flaws, most noticeably of which is some controversy as to how much the DLC is worth, with the exception of Old World Blues. Apparently O.W.Blues is really funny. So it may or may not be worth buying the 'ultimate' edition. Meanwhile, there's the question of whether it's worth playing with or without mods, and what mods would be worth using. And of course all of this is avoiding going into Fallout 1 and 2...

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Derp

So thinking too much doesn't always work so well, especially when one's tired from a long day of stuff. I'm probably just gonna end up buying the full price FNV ultimate thingy, but w/e. I can't not buy it now, and if I don't like it than I'm ok with wasting a little money anyways.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 21, 2012 10:32 pm

My thoughts on the DLC of NV.
Couriers Stash makes the beginning of the game too easy since it gives you four different armor, including lightweight leather AND lightweight metal armor, plus a bunch of weapons. If you want you could sell them all or just not use them. Only worthwhile thing is the canteen which makes Hardcore mode slightly easier. You don't have to drink water as much or as often with it.
Gun Runner's Assault: It adds more weapons, mods, ammo, and unique weapons. Also some new challenges. Fun but you can't mix and match vanilla and GRA stuff. Meaning if you have a gun from the original game but the only ammo is marked GRA, can't use it.
Dead Money has it's problems but fun for the challenge, in my opinion. Fun characters, an interesting story and some fun new toys. Holorifle with all upgrades is strongest weapon behind unique Gauss Rifle. Also if you can grab even one gold bar you're set for the rest of the game cap wise.
Honest Hearts: shortest of the story DLC and while you can't go back to the Dead Money area, at least you're forced through all the missions. If you just blow through Honest Hearts you are going to miss side missions. Like the one where you take drugs and kill a yoi gui.
Old World Blues is the best of the best. I'll leave it at that.
Lonesome Road is... linear. It's interesting but linear. If you don't like ED-E then I don't suggest playing it, but you do get to launch a few nukes. Some of them actually effect the main game.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon May 21, 2012 10:40 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:Another thing I'd like to see if spin offs are involved would be a storyline in China, and respectfully, a FO:E PH spin off in Zebra lands. What would that be like?
Do you have something that can read Photoshop files, layers included? I could send you the current version of my larger-area map, if you like; it's still in alpha, but it's got some interesting stuff on it, I think, and it includes or mentions many of my ideas for that sort of thing. (The fates of the Zebra lands are, unsurprisingly, a subject in which I am interested.)

edit: Oh, and if it interests you, I've also been developing my own ideas about the trigger of the apocalypse. Said ideas might have to change to keep up with new revelations from PH, but I think that they're interesting even if they can't yet be finalized.

:D

Too bad I don't have my laptop back yet. Currently using iPod touch with all of the wonderful autocorrect features. :/ But yeah that would be interesting to see. Also curious about the rest of the world in postapocalyptia, though I still believe that Australia is just fine. Just imagine deathclaw kangaroos.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Fallout: Australia! Not a thing changed! Other then going Mad Max but that's normal.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethalfalkon Mon May 21, 2012 10:48 pm

OK. this is for all of you that play fallout new Vegas. there is this mod right? but its not just any mod it is a mod that puts the main characters of both FoE and Project horizons into new Vegas. (Lil pip velvet remedy, calamity, steelhooves, Xenith, Blackjack, P-21, Fallen glory, and Rampage. Pretty cool right? well it is. but sadly it is missing something integral. it is missing Voice actors. Crazy right? something so cool yet brought down by such a small thing... Well i wont stand for it. i propose we get together a group of people and make custom lines for each of the characters. just think about the awesomeness that is being proposed here, playing fallout new vegas alongside the characters from both the storys. if anyone is interested in this shoot me an email at Lethalfalkon@gmail.com
(oh and if you're wondering you can find the AWESOME mod right here ---> http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45766)
Lethalfalkon
Lethalfalkon
Foal

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Meaning if you have a gun from the original game but the only ammo is marked GRA, can't use it.
Ah, no; ammunition is fully compatible. The things that aren't compatible are weapon mods and some perks.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Too bad I don't have my laptop back yet. Currently using iPod touch with all of the wonderful autocorrect features. :/ But yeah that would be interesting to see.
Well, just let me know, via email, preferably.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Also curious about the rest of the world in postapocalyptia, though I still believe that Australia is just fine. Just imagine deathclaw kangaroos.
OneMoreDaySK wrote:deathclaw kangaroos
…You have an odd definition of "just fine".
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Must have been a problem with my game then. I had to buy GRA guns to use my GRA ammo.
I'll be sure to see if it works for me next time I play.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon May 21, 2012 10:58 pm

I would totally help in the VA, but I doubt my voice would fit any of the characters.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 21, 2012 11:08 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Meaning if you have a gun from the original game but the only ammo is marked GRA, can't use it.
Ah, no; ammunition is fully compatible. The things that aren't compatible are weapon mods and some perks.
I believe he was referring to the Fat Man, AFAIK, vanilla ones can't use tiny tots and big kids.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Must have been a problem with my game then. I had to buy GRA guns to use my GRA ammo.
I'll be sure to see if it works for me next time I play.
Good luck. I suppose it could just be that my copy's abnormal the other way, but I can't a mention of such a restriction on the wiki.

Aonee wrote:I would totally help in the VA, but I doubt my voice would fit any of the characters.
The same is the case with me, I'm afraid. My voice probably sounds too masculine for any of the females, it's too high for Steelhooves, and I know that I couldn't get Calamity's accent. There's still P-21, but I think there there might be accent difficulties there, too.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethalfalkon Mon May 21, 2012 11:22 pm

well for P-21 i did have a slightly higher pitched voice in mind but i would have to go back and see if somber ever specified what tone of voice he had...
Lethalfalkon
Lethalfalkon
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Hmmm.. I'm either too southern or not southern enough for Calamity, and I probably couldn't pull off Steelhooves for very long.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 21, 2012 11:22 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
I believe he was referring to the Fat Man, AFAIK, vanilla ones can't use tiny tots and big kids.
Ah. You may be right about that; so far, all of my characters have either been snipers or melee, roles for which mininukes make rather terrible weapons.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethalfalkon Mon May 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Hmmm.. I'm either too southern or not southern enough for Calamity, and I probably couldn't pull off Steelhooves for very long.
well with how he has been described i dont think "too southern" is a thing for calamity...
Lethalfalkon
Lethalfalkon
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Well, despite being born and raised in Georgia, I've been told I don't have much of a southern accent. So if I try to talk "southern" it's usually the overly exaggerated kind.

I also think Calamity has an accent more like Applejack's which is Tennessee. There are some differences.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon May 21, 2012 11:29 pm

I find AJ's accent to be more Texan, and I've never heard of any other southerners but us using y'all.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Aonee wrote:I find AJ's accent to be more Texan, and I've never heard of any other southerners but us using y'all.
It's used all over the South. I heard it when I lived in North and South Carolina, as well as Tennessee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon May 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Eh, well, AJ still sounds More Texan than just plain Southern to me.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethalfalkon Mon May 21, 2012 11:35 pm

Hmmm... well i guess i know how you feel in not having the accent. despite being born in texas i managed to gain a british accent for most of my youth, though now i can switch between british, russian, a light southern accent, and none (my russian sucks though) and you are right i have never heard anyone say y'all outside of texas... but then again i have only been to the north not any other southern states.
Lethalfalkon
Lethalfalkon
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Ya'll and ain't are universal southern. As is droppin' the g in anythang endin' in ing.

To properly translate southern into typing you'd get a solid red line denoting improper spelling haha.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Aonee wrote:Eh, well, AJ still sounds More Texan than just plain Southern to me.
I think AJ is supposed to be Texan. As for Calamity, I'm not entirely sure for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon May 21, 2012 11:38 pm

So you grew up in East Texas too? I once spent a week in the Davis Mountains. One of the women there had a pretty deep Texan accent. She was awesome. When someone did something she didn't like, she would literally slap them on the back of their hand.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethalfalkon Mon May 21, 2012 11:39 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:To properly translate southern into typing you'd get a solid red line denoting improper spelling haha.
well not really... i have typed exactly how i talk before and i have only gotten a dotted red line :D
Lethalfalkon
Lethalfalkon
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Well, one thing is for certain. Calamity isn't Cajun. That's a whole different kettle of fish as far as southern accents go haha.

I've lived in the southern part of Georgia my whole life, but I've been as far south as Orlando in Florida, as far north as D.C., and as far west and Louisiana. And I guess as far east as the barrier islands of Georgia.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 21, 2012 11:59 pm

I've always sorta wanted to try voice acting, but I've got zero experience with it and wouldn't know what to do. I do know that making voice acting work with Bethesda games has been historically, uh, trying... not sure if New Vegas has issues with that, since the only mods I use for it are the Project Nevada one and then ones I do myself. It looks like it should be doable, from a quick check 'round the 'net. Fun! But anyway, you'd need someone savvy about that sort of thing to add 'em in.

Also, Velvet Remedy looks frickin' old in this mod. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Tue May 22, 2012 12:16 am

You know, I've always wondered why the Enclave pegasi all seem to have southern accents. Not a single pegasi in the show has one. If anything, I would think it'd be the EPs who have the accent, not the Pegasi.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue May 22, 2012 12:25 am

I don't think all of them have it. Just Calamity and his family. I don't see Glory and her family having accent for instant.

Of course I can't think of Red Eye without hearing Malcolm McDowell's voice from Fallout 3.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue May 22, 2012 12:35 am

I was probably reading it wrong, but in my head I gave pretty much every pony who's speech indicated an accent a southern accent Applebloom
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next