Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+46
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
Mister Nikel
Scootayay
Rboy474
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
WovenTales
Farnham
RandomBlank
Jeremyrush
OneMoreDaySK
Necr0maNceR
WavemasterRyx
Princess Celestia
Somber
Stringtheory
Derpy Hooves
Aonee
nallar
Ki-Tarn
O. Hinds
NoodleNugget
Snipehamster
Orm
XT Vengeance
jacky2734
Tiroth
MrMagma
Ametros
Elexius
Kippershy
Moodyman90
Ketchup
Sindri
Rickyking
Scyto Harmony
Derpmind
Paper Airplane
Meleagridis
Valikdu
SilentCarto
RoboRed
Katarn
CamoBadger
Kattlarv
50 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 4:06 am

NoodleNugget wrote:oh god, someone kill me please

also I added a couple of pictures of Boo
(Re: Stygius) Gah, this is totally going to happen... in a world in which the Worst Possible Thing is the Most Likely Thing, this will happen. :(

Also - and I admit that I tend to be in awe of anyone who can make a recognizable shape with a pen, pencil, or stylus - nice work on those! Boo's tummy is in need of rubbing; this egregious fault in the universe must be remedied with all due haste! Also, cake fort is great fort.

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat May 19, 2012 5:17 am

First, thank you to everyone who enjoyed my last drawings, sorry I can't check back and reply by name right now...

Second, Somber, I'm really sorry... I know I say this every time... and I probably haven't been much of a help at all for providing feedback for the chapters... but I'm trying, it just isn't enough.
I'll try to get my commentary done by Sunday morning, really...

NoodleNugget wrote:I said I wanted to post art, so here you guys go.
I thought they were very nice, sir. I was considering making a cake-fort drawing myself eventually, but I think yours turned out particularly well.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 5:40 am

(Crap, cake and great don't actually rhyme... unless you're slurring your words a lot, maybe... WELP!)

@Ryx FFFFF Right, another thing I forgot to comment upon! I especially liked the fact that the preview image was cut off in the blog, so it looked like Boo was just peeking out from something with the Blackjack hair on top. :D And then her joyous face in the original image made me, well, imitate her face. Every time. I suspect subliminal thought control... or massive amounts of cute.

Oh, and @Sindri - thanks for saying (or at least implying!) that you liked the not-monologue, all those pages ago!

Man, I am bad at keeping up with the thread... I blame Twin Peaks.

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Sat May 19, 2012 7:30 am

Now taking bets whose name did Goldie shout out during climax?
My bet: Oh Sweet Luna!

Also, I wonder if Psychoshy will accept her name. Whisper. Not really like her.
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat May 19, 2012 8:03 am

@ketchup @jeremyrush I kind of knew something was wrong when he started complaining of phantom pains and Blackjack wrote it off. I mean I was just surprised at the little details in the story I missed like the missing med-x in her birthday present from Caprice.

@RandomBlank that's a good a guess as any, seeing that the important things were love-Fluttershy, loyalty-Luna, and secrets. Not sure about the last one, as there are too many. Random guess: "Oh my darling Angel" ... Anyways, I have no idea how PsychoShy will react seeing as she went out of the picture with the rest of the cast.
On a different topic, anyone taking any bets of Styggy's life expectancy? I'm currently with him surviving for a while.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Sat May 19, 2012 8:23 am

I'll repeat what I said before regarding Styggy's survival. Next chapter, Steel Rain will try to kill Blackjack (You don't say?), and Styggy will take the shot, allowing BJ to survive and escape.
Or he'll join the group (when BJ actually finds them again), and awkward moments ensue when both he and Glory are in the same room.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat May 19, 2012 10:30 am

Meleagridis wrote:Listen, Styg... I'm gonna be completely honest with you here. It doesn't look good for you. One way or another you probably aren't gonna make it out of here alive.
Well, at least he got laid first... Spike
Though I have to wonder if a sonic burst will tend to bypass the Steel Ranger armor's protection. That'd be kinda cool.

*falls down giggling at the cake fort*
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 19, 2012 10:46 am

If Styggy does die by the hooves of Steel Rain, Blackjack will react violently. It might even send her in a downward spiral back to the pit of despair. But Steel Rain wouldn't leave the area with his genitalia intact.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat May 19, 2012 11:08 am

NoodleNugget wrote:
row 4, image 5:Blackjack: Oh...
Excuse me. I've got a little something in my eye. Applejack
Stygius has now gone from a character I could care less about to one I genuinely want to see more of. Now that I think about it, didn't Blackjack describe his buttmark specifically as 'heart-shaped'? That doesn't bode well.

And it is always a good thing to get more pictures of Boo. I can't offer any artist level criticism, I'm afraid. I can tell you that it looks good to my untrained eye, and I eagerly await anything else you draw.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Sat May 19, 2012 11:26 am

Meleagridis wrote:Excuse me. I've got a little something in my eye. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 3317934462
Stygius has now gone from a character I could care less about to one I genuinely want to see more of.

Yeah! Converted! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 3796487374

I mean, OH MY GOD WHAT AM I DOING POSTING I SHOULD BE HIDING. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 4206338362

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 19, 2012 11:39 am

Wait? Heroes updated as well? Best birthday week ever! A new chapter in every fanfic I'm currently watching Yay!
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat May 19, 2012 11:40 am

Just so long as you come out of hiding every now and then with more pictures, you can hide all you want.

jacky2734 wrote:Has anybody else checked out "FOE: Anywhere but Here"?

Wasn't interested. Then I saw this. Without ever knowing a thing about the story I was hooked in a second. Red sweater? Interesting. Odd couple? Now I'm intrigued. Overconfident smirk? With mentats? That could be amusing. Wait... Littlepip? An overconfident odd couple high on mentats going after Lilpip? Well, dammit. Now I have to read it.

Am I far off?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyrush Sat May 19, 2012 1:50 pm

NoodleNugget wrote:
Stygius has now gone from a character I could care less about to one I genuinely want to see more of.

I think the correct term is couldn't care less. Unless you actually gave some care about him, but it would have to be such a small amount that after you took away that care, there would be none left.

If you really do mean that you could care less and just simply added more care onto it, it has a much lesser impact than if you had no care and then suddenly started caring a lot.

English. Applebloom
Jeremyrush
Jeremyrush
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 1:58 pm

I really need to start reading but im too lazy >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Well, other then The Matrix and parodies of it, and some interpretations of Alice in Wonderland I haven't seen the whole "reality is fake and you're insane" thing a whole lot.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Bubbles wrote:I really need to start reading but im too lazy >.<
Y'know, I felt the same way. Then I got sucked in. The hooks on these stories are simply irresistible. Though, I still need to read past chapter 7 of Heroes.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 19, 2012 2:10 pm

swicked wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Well, other then The Matrix and parodies of it, and some interpretations of Alice in Wonderland I haven't seen the whole "reality is fake and you're insane" thing a whole lot.
I've seen similar scenes in Stargate SG1... mostly revolving around alternate timelines in which the stargate wasn't discovered or the team wasn't part of the effort. Stargate Conginuum was a movie entirely devoted to that idea.
In Farscape it was done once, and then sort of parodied a second time since the second group imposing this fantasy didn't really care about getting the details right.
"So, why is it you believe aliens exist?" "What the... how... I mean, look at you! You're blue!" "So, you have a bias against people of color?"
In The Darkness 2 Jackie got sent to an asylum every time he got his head blown of or otherwise needed to be reconstructed from "very dead" to "not so much".
And yeah, The Madness Returns kinda subverted the trope twice. She was in an insane asylum, but was trapped in her own fantasy world, that itself would dissolve into a delusion about an even worse insane asylum than the one she previously was in.
I think I've seen it in at least one comic book series, too. And other places I can't recall off the top of my head.
Reality is fake is an idea I've brainstormed about, which, like most of those ideas, boiled down to the "why are we here" question, which nobody can answer. In fiction, they are usually either an enemy force attempting to use the characters, or is a simulation of some kind.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 2:20 pm

(warning, it's in spoilers cause its terribad, cheesy, and hand drawn)
(i think this is how you spoiler)
Spoiler:
hopefully this works, and then i get to hide forever because of the embarrassment! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 4206338362
Those are really good! I feel a little bad for styggie now.

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat May 19, 2012 3:20 pm

swicked wrote:Trying to catch up... reading through 43... only on page 16 so far.
Anyone else seen this whole "Oh no, your reality was just a delusion, you're actually just insane." scenario a few too many times?

"Tropes are not bad". Every single scenario under the sun has been done and done again; it's how you handle it that matters. I mean, if you really want to dig, in the third century BC, Zhuangzi wrote, "Am I a man who dreamed I was a butterfly, or am I a butterfly who is dreaming he is a man?" Same idea, different age.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat May 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi all! I was wondering why your insane (But intriging) conversations weren't raping my email.

Sooo. Styggie looks like he could be a fun character. My guess is he is trying to be a noble and chivalrous knight saving his "princess". I wouldn't be surprised if this Batpony Society grew up on the idea of them being more or less fairy tale Knights.This entire thing came about as a way to prevent the inbreeding problem.

My theory on his intentions. Blackjack is part of a "Trial" to prove his worth as a Stallion. When a Batpony Stallion or Mare comes of age they are sent out from the caves and must find a partner (Maybe justify it by "Rescuing a pretty princess or prince from the evil wastes) and not to return to the caves until they do. Most of the time they would die but often enough they would come back with a Pony to continue the cycle.

They would show them around thier caves. If had truly been living there as long a Stygius said it wouldn't be suprising if it was incredibly stable, maybe not comfortable but they would likely have farms of mushrooms and hunting trips for radhogs. Lessish irradiated water. And safe from danger.

Sounds like a pretty good deal for some. And quite a few desperate mares and stallions would jump at the chance.

Anyway pretty shitty theory. But it's the most I can come up with.
That or Styguis is more or less the town idiot who want to be a noble knight like his ancestors who has found his "Princess".
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat May 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Catching up...

NoodleNugget wrote:
MrMagma wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
I'm uncertain whether he'll stick around as a party member, though. I keep getting this nagging feeling that somethings going to happen to him in the next chapter...

InB4 He takes one of Steel Rain's shots to save BJ.

Inb4 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
not my styggie :(
Yep. That's one of the likely outcomes I'm forseeing.
And least he'll die having gotten laid. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 3670107347

SilentCarto wrote:
I should clarify that I am not actually talking about hoofball.

I am talking about sex.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean.

Quotidian wrote:I swear, I leave you guys to your own devices for a few months and looks what happens. You fill up two more threads ON ANOTHER WEBSITE. Madness I say! Madness!

(Oh, and hi again everyone. I'm back for real this time.)
Welcome back!

Quotidian wrote:And sure, some people might get a bit squicked out by the more risque segments. (Although why people who are bothered by that are okay with reading a story about the technicolor pony post-apocalypse in the first place is beyond me.)
Aye. There be the crux of the matter right there. But like I said, I have my reasons.

Quotidian wrote:Frankly, I just don't buy that she could get over what happened on the Seahorse that easily. I'm probably jumping to conclusions here, and Somber has something else up his sleeve, but I just don't like the idea that all it takes to fix that level of trauma is a pep-talk and some "exposure therapy"
Exactly. It's not sitting well with me that she's suddenly over the Seahorse incident that quickly. I don't buy it. I almost think that she's forcing herself to get over it quickly. That's not exactly a good thing. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 1751538862

Nightmare Moon wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:

Great. Now I'm as crazy as the rest of y'all. Soon as I get my laptop back from repairs I'll try to join the madness regularly.
It's not so bad to be crazy [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 2113965524 EMBRACE IT
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 2113965524 BEING NORMAL IS FOR SISSIES. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 2113965524

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Also, favorite character so far is Dealer. Strange that no one really mentions him when discussing characters they like/dislike.
I don't trust the bastard. I take nothing he says at face value. But for now, he's an ally.

Moodyman90 wrote:Currently other then PH I've only been following Heroes and Murky Number Seven. Kinda of a nice birthday surprise when I saw MNS had been updated today.
I should probably look into Murky Number Seven. That one art piece Mech did for it is really interesting me in it...

Happy Birthday, BTW. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 403243246

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Jeeze, I'm gone to work for a week and you just leave me... *sniff*
Your Rummy-Admiralness, you've returned! We missed you!
Also, did you ever catch that last post I made on the comments page before we moved over to IntenseDebate? The one asking your opinion on Malibu Red? I'm looking for input on booze to enjoy during my Cat & Mouse races.

(warning, it's in spoilers cause its terribad, cheesy, and hand drawn)
(i think this is how you spoiler)
Spoiler:
hopefully this works, and then i get to hide forever because of the embarrassment!
SADFACE. :(

NoodleNugget wrote:oh god, someone kill me please

also I added a couple of pictures of Boo
If there's any death to be had that's related to Boo, it'll be from diabetic shock.

WavemasterRyx wrote:
I thought they were very nice, sir. I was considering making a cake-fort drawing myself eventually, but I think yours turned out particularly well.

Mmmm....cake fort... [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 2066584637
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat May 19, 2012 5:15 pm

RoboRed wrote:

Nightmare Moon wrote:
It's not so bad to be crazy [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 2113965524 EMBRACE IT
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 2113965524 BEING NORMAL IS FOR SISSIES. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 2113965524

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!

Mmmm....cake fort... [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 2066584637

Fort...e?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat May 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Valikdu wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
Nightmare Moon wrote:It's not so bad to be crazy [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 2113965524 EMBRACE IT

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!

There's nothing wrong with the ability to be sane from time to time, it's just that so many fools insist on pretending that they can maintain perfect sanity at all times. Sanity is a tool, to be used when needed.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 8:08 pm

... I have a question. How do ponies shave, exactly?
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Char_511
How does this even happen?

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:... I have a question. How do ponies shave, exactly?

Well, other then being manly enough to grow facial hair despite being covered in the stuff, obviously unicorns us magic and I guess pegusi can use their wings to hold a razor, but this just adds fuel to my head canon that Earth ponies have limited telekinesis magic in their hooves that lets them hold small items. The only on screen example I can draw from what the slumber party episode where Applejack was holding the marshmallow sticks over the fire with her hoof but it's enough for me.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:... I have a question. How do ponies shave, exactly?

Well, other then being manly enough to grow facial hair despite being covered in the stuff, obviously unicorns us magic and I guess pegusi can use their wings to hold a razor, but this just adds fuel to my head canon that Earth ponies have limited telekinesis magic in their hooves that lets them hold small items. The only on screen example I can draw from what the slumber party episode where Applejack was holding the marshmallow sticks over the fire with her hoof but it's enough for me.
Pinkie also jumps rope during the smile song. I know you cant really use pinkie as the standard but apple bloom was holding one too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:

Don't forget Octavia was playing her cello, holding the bow with her hoof as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 19, 2012 9:36 pm

That's it! My story probably won't get anywhere near as popular as some of the other, currently non-major, stories but I'm leaving the scene of how Earth ponies have the ability to hold small items in their hooves to counter unicorn magic or pegasus wings.. One less thing to worry about.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Sat May 19, 2012 10:07 pm

(is it safe to come out yet?)

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 10:13 pm

guarddogjr wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:

Don't forget Octavia was playing her cello, holding the bow with her hoof as well.
Octavia actually holds her bow between her hoof and fore leg.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOPugwX4t71cCrRGfxfxgLtER8tGD4lbTXlrfV4EVGdtsAFjzX
But look how pinkie holds the rope.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvmhVUGDMLa4-SGo92H_Z0fp7C-0sVAMMCPzEtYtzN9tVY5lpX2w
MAGIC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next