Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

+7
WavemasterRyx
Moodyman90
hawkeye92
Aonee
Scootayay
Ketchup
Kippershy
11 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 12 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by Kippershy Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Raided stary, got an AKS-74U
Couldn't decide between it and a standard 74, but apparently the U version handles quicker and is much better for CQB.

Also got another bit of morphine.

Dropped my winchester in favour of the 74 though, despite the ammo. A winchester is easily replaced, is the thing.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 12 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Raiding Balota at night on an empty server. Died by sniper. Okay, who goes NIGHT-SNIPING on an EMPTY server? Lost an M14 AIM, but I don't really need it.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:42 pm

fucking losers, that's who.
empty server, happens to be camping the right spot at night time...

nothing but fucking losers.

just like the time I got corner camped - who honestly sits atop a stairwell and just waits for someone to come?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Well, I dumped my R870 when my brother cleared me to keep his stuff, so I've got his M4A3 and a G17. My M24 ammo was taken by him after miscommunication that I needed "these" DMR mags. 4 STANAGS and 6 Glock magazines.
Camped out at Vysota, will probably go back to the tent I found the M4A1 SD in and grab SD ammo tomorrow.
My headset has just about bought the farm. The left earphone spews horrendous feedback when I can get the voice to connect, and the right headphone no longer works at all. Directional noise is hard, too. A truck only sounded like it was getting close when I was looking directly towards it. He drove by 3 meters away. There was also some empty tents and a bus in the forest nearby.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:04 am

Got into the NW airfield, found nothing of value.
expended all my 1911 ammo (besides one mag that's in my pack that I forgot about) and I've been burning through AK ammo as I find more pretty often around here.
Shame that there wasn't anything good in the barracks =/
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:35 am

Barrracks are supposed to be super great but I can't find anything useful in them most of the time. It's also a high traffic region, lots of bandits and other players. Plus the graphical glitches that accompany military bodies. Deer stands are safer.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:15 am

my zombie kill count doubled while playing today, lol.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:03 am

Fuck me with a golden rod, I got what I came for.
I went back online, searched the barracks - nothing.
Decided I'd lure the zombies out by running around and gunning them all down, but by the time I was at the fire station there was too many to leave in that large an area, so I made my way to the ATC.

...Best move ever.
On my way in I noticed two dead bodies, so I left them for a second - took out something around 20 - 30 zombies.
When I had a moment I patched up as needed and looked at the bodies... here goes:

FN FAL (2 mags) (Yes I know about the ammo, but fuck, I can dump it if I need to)

AS50 - yes, a fucking AS50

G17 with more ammo then my 1911 had left

3 cooked meat, 2 morphine, 2 cans of soda, military flashlight, compass and there was the option of a bloodbag and other bits, but no room for all that.

Only thing that could've made that haul better would've been a coyote backpack.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:34 am

Nice find. Though, having an AS50 makes you a target pretty quick. It is cool, but it has few uses to a non-bandit. As you said, FAL ammo is rare, but that is cool too nonetheless.
The Glock is the best pistol, of course.
Coyote backpacks are in my opinion the rarest of the top-tier non-bandit gear. They have lower spawn rates than the good weapons combined easily. And anyone would take them.
This doesn't include NVGs or the GPS though.
I'm a medic, so my Coyote is very useful for carrying medical supplies and my defensive M24 and its compressible ammo.
As soon as my father comes home with a replacement headset, I can play again. And talk intelligibly for once.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Fuck me hard.
I went into the nearby fire station to loot, found a M4A1 CCO which I swapped out for my FN FAL because being realistic here, the FN FAL is a lot harder to find ammo for (as in, only helicopter crashes) and the M4A1 CCO is a damned good gun with a great scope.

What happens? Well, I notice a zombie randomly running to my direction despite me having made no noise or anything like that.
I cautiously wonder downstairs wondering if there might be someone else around or something - the zombie comes out of fucking nowhere and hits me.

bleeding but fine after killing it, I patch myself up... then I notice something.
I'm coughing.

I'm fucking coughing.

Anyone got any medicine by any chance? -.-
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Well, nope. They are rare and limited to Hospitals, as you would know.
One of the Wasteland Medics just got some, and some others have them.
Here's a link to them, they can probably help you.
Also, re-logging seems to cure it sometimes.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Got myself down cherno, managed to find antibiotics on the third try.
it was a long ol' way to go and im down to 6.3k health, so if anyone IS nearby, a friendly face would be lovely to heal me up.
I can provide the resources & more for repayment.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Kippershy wrote:Got myself down cherno, managed to find antibiotics on the third try.
it was a long ol' way to go and im down to 6.3k health, so if anyone IS nearby, a friendly face would be lovely to heal me up.
I can provide the resources & more for repayment.

I'm in Vysota barn, I can heal you up.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Okay, so you're not far. choose a server and I'll make sure I bring you some bloodbags or something in repayment.
Or would you prefer a nice supply of morphine?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:25 pm

I just hit the hospital, heh. No repayment is required. Search 'Matt Damon' and join the server that pops up.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:26 pm

I don't have commander.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:27 pm

It'll show up in six launcher, I'm sure.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:27 pm

ooooh, you mean the server name

sorry xD
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:31 pm

I'll be sitting down in the barn.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Got myself lost. trying to figure out where the barn is again.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Northwest of the landmark for Vysota.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Again, thanks for that.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Got a reliable headset now.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:43 pm

A few hours ago, I went with my friend to look for motorcycles up North and we found nothing but 2 heli crashes. No weapons, but a 5.56 ammo box and some camo clothing I didn't take. He went to Stary and messed with some bandits. He logged out when they started firing at him, he was talking to them and hidden with his gillie suit. I went back to Vysota.

Just helped a guy in Vysota, gave him a transfusion and a hunk of meat. Very fulfilling. Nice guy, coulda easily killed me.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:58 pm

I got into contact with a medic who wanted windshield glass for his helicopter, so I ran around Cherno and found 3. Then I switched over to a server with no third-person where they had several vehicles and the helicopter. I met with him in his UAZ at Cap Golova and we drove to swimming distance of Skalisty island. There, I gave them the glass and waited for a while for another person with glass. We goofed around a lot. Then we went to a coastal town and refilled the gas tank in the heli. We goofed around there too. Then they dropped me near Vysota.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Got 2 camping tents, set them up at Vysota. We also found a bike in the middle of the village. I raided Cherno for a while and ended up with a bunch of food and drink in one of the tents and a bunch of meds in the other.
A server crash took all of our progress other than the tents being there and the bike, so I redid some of it. We had some vehicle parts, but those are gone. We do now have a spare R870.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Raided Starry, nothing useful. Went over to the NW.AF again and found a M16A2 ACOG -- taken that over the CCO because despite the fact the acog doesn't lend to short range capabilities, it's a brilliant mid range gun.

Found an M1014 and given up the AS50 for it.
(Switched the ACOG into my backpack, M1014 as primary)

Yes, I know, I've dropped (and now lost) a very rare and very powerful weapon, but really, it was only a Damocles' sword.
It could be used, in theory, to kill a player in one hit without effort.
but the fact remained it bulked up my inventory somewhat needlessly, risking my own life by taking up the much needed space on a weapon of intimidation.

so the M1014 fits the primary zombie killing role, 1 set of pellets for PVP in close range if required (2000 damage PER PELLET) and slugs for zombies.

No NVG or range finders yet, but I'm in the barracks and I'll keep doing a server switch until I'm happy, I reckon.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:27 pm

The M16 is probably a better choice for zombie killing IMO, because it carries more ammo and makes less noise to zombies. The shotguns are great, though the M1014 seems to fail on zombies when I use slugs in it.

I'd trade my NVGs and my M4A3 for the M16 ACOG, since I don't play at night and I've always wanted one.

I carry an M24 myself. It has zeroing and compressible ammo, and is small-ish and highly accurate. A hit to a bandit would likely make him combat log due to utter helplessness. I also use it for hunting.
I'm also lugging around 3 antibiotics.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:36 am

Sorry Ketchup. I was going to take you up on that trade but the server decided to be a faggot and throw everyone up into the air (or destroy the floor, not sure exactly which of the two) resulting in a mass murder/genocide of EVERY player on the server at the time.

Luckily, I know where my body should have landed... if it hasn't disappeared or sunk into the floor.
Double luckily, I'd just gotten off & saved my new motorbike after having put a full jerry can in it - so we'll see if that sticks around when I finally manage to make it back to where my camp was.

After that I tried going at it twice, one life went quite well and I got a long way, but then got swamped by zombies and ran out of ammo. bleeding badly I gave up - I had 7 zeds literally right behind me and no way of outrunning them, no building to hide in to bandage up, so I stopped.

The life after that, I got put in Otmel. Made my way to Elektro only to be shot by some faggot despite having -nothing-.
I know he'll be an auto-bandit now, thank god.

Switched server, spawned at Otmel again. Went to elektro, server hopped, found a dead bandit (who I mistook for someone spawning and shot in the head out of pure reaction) and took his pack and gear.
Kept me alive long enough to get down the shop and grab some more gear, get to the pub and get more gear, in the offices, down over to the hospital.

Now I'm sitting atop of the hospital where I found some camo clothing (which sadly, reduced my humanity to 0 again, down from 3400~).

Not got a lot, but I have a czech backpack, winchester with 2 sets of ammo, 1911 with a LOT of ammo, 3 cans of food, 3 water bottles, 3 cans of soda (I think) and a bloodbag, I'm sure.

Oh, I also have a military flashlight, hunting knife (I think - not entirely sure), compass, map and watch. no matches though, so no hunting just yet though.

Next time I play I plan to try make it back to my motorbike.

Which, I should say thank you to Katarn for giving it to me after I gave him a FN FAL night scope version with 3 mags to go with it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:28 am

It was fair trade xD
I've found this bike just standing near NWAF, while I tried to get to Kipp
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next