Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

+7
WavemasterRyx
Moodyman90
hawkeye92
Aonee
Scootayay
Ketchup
Kippershy
11 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 11 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by Kippershy Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks. Currently 2800 words through. Should have enough penned down to make for the rest of the chapter now.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 11 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by Ketchup Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Good progress, don't rush anything.

In other news, I tried meeting with another potential patient on DayZ and he also got flung across the map. Really wonky.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:54 pm

3,650 words

Been far too distracted tonight. Hope to make some major progress tomorrow. Sorry for being slow as ever.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Got tele'd to Kamyshovo.
What the hell is happening?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Now in the vicinity of Bor after playing with a friend and my brother, we raided Cherno Hospital twice and are fully supplied.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:38 am

Can't wait to find out where I've been thrown, ha.
Still, like I say, I'll finish chapter thirteen first.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 am

Of course.
With the latest DayZ patch, ammo is saved, so you don't regenerate magazines anymore. Glad I have 7 STANAGS with 20-30 cartridges in them. The eighth one was expended after my friend fired a shotgun next to the Bor Deer Stand against my advice. A morphine, a bandage, and a lot of ammo later, we came out fine.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 am

Hah, yeah, knew about that.
That came into play while I still had an AKM.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:10 pm

Turns out I was thrown down over at Elektro.
Not so much of a problem since I have all my gear still.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Ok, good that you retained your stuff. I did when it happened to me.

I'm currently at Pop Ivan, after donating my Coyote Backpack to TMW and replacing it with a Czech. After the ALICE he was to give me disappeared, he led me 1.5 km away to get one he had seen. Then led me back to Zub Castle where the trade took place and I got my important stuff. He also gave me 2 more SD magazines for my rifle. Good man.

I'll likely be playing later tonight, I'm about to go see The Bourne Legacy despite not really wanting to go.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Rollercoaster today.
Went to help a TMW medic nearby, I healed him up and after waiting for awhile 2 more medics showed up. We decided to go to a factory to get parts for a car we found. 3 of us died by a sniper. I shoulda logged out but I didn't want to leave my comrades.
Regardless, spawned near Balota on a server with a medic-controlled helicopter and many clan hideouts with some hacked goods. The server has a false version identifier(1.7.2.3), so it's usually only used by certain people.
I raided Cherno's supermarket and got an ALICE, a Makarov and an Enfield then rendezvoused with the helicopter. We refueled for 15 minutes, right as they were taking off I got downed by a zombie and they saved me.
Then we picked up one more, then someone fell out so we had to get him after he respawned.
Then we started to loot some caches they knew of. We did this for like an hour and a half. Someone had made an old castle into a full-blown military base. Sandbags, wire, everything was there. We looted it.
I decided not to take the super nice stuff, just some stuff equal in rarity to what I lost. So no M136s or AS50s(The heli pilot took the former, no idea why). I grabbed an MP5SD and ammo to replace the M4A3 that I lost.
So I've an MP5SD with ammo, a Makarov with none, an ALICE, hunting gear and medical supplies in significant amounts. They dropped me off at Zog Castle.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 am

Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:44 pm

So I went on that server and ran around Cherno for a definitely unsafe amount of time, getting not much of interest other than an M67 and hitting the hospital.
So I was heading to Vysota, my favorite base, and I see a tent well concealed on the treeline. I kill the 2 Zs following me, and I find an M4A1 CCO SD, an M107, plenty of medical supplies, and the crowning jewel:a Coyote Backpack.
So I stuffed my MP5 in the pack and picked up 11 or so mags for the M4, then filled the rest that wasn't my survival provisions with medical supplies.
Anyone else would have done it to me. Heheh.

Edit: I just realized, I have a "Hero" skin.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:16 pm

A hero skin huh? Awesome. I suppose that's from saving the wasteland docs?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Kippershy wrote:A hero skin huh? Awesome. I suppose that's from saving the wasteland docs?
You need to accumulate +5000 humanity over all lives. You get 250 from giving a blood transfusion, as well as getting 150 after about 10 minutes of gameplay. Having -5000 nets you the Bandit skin.
Shooting, or murdering people will lower it depending on damage done, I think. Bandit kills give a plus to humanity.
I had 4.8k humanity before I died last life, and I respawned with the Hero skin.
A wasteland medic had 17k in one life once.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Kippershy wrote:A hero skin huh? Awesome. I suppose that's from saving the wasteland docs?

Positive five thousand humanity gives you the hero skin. Negative five thousand gives you the bandit skin. I have a default skin right now, but I'll probably get the hero skin by the end of this life. (To put it in perspective, a bandit skin is really easy to get, whilst you actually have to either do nothing for a while to gain a tiny amount, or actually help people to get the hero skin.) So if you see a person with a face wrap, shoot 'im, he's a bandit. See a guy that looks like he's wearing zombie clothes (plaid shirt) don't shoot on sight--he's a hero, a person who is unlikely to be into the habit of being a total asshole.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Just saved a guy in Cherno. I got to him, he logged in, and while it was happening...
I STARTED DANCING.
I don't know how, or why, but it happened.
He Fraps'd it.
I gave him a transfusion, and I went back to Vysota. On the way...
A MOTORCYCLE.
It started its engine right in front of me. I could easily have killed both riders, but I don't do that.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:58 pm

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 11 Komyksy-ygry-Day-Z-Dayz-237952
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:04 pm

I rofl'd at that.
The friendliness of players doesn't seem to be related to where the server is hosted. I've never randomly met with a friendly, armed player.
But yeah, that picture is awesome.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:09 pm

In day z there are two sniper rifles, that can one-shot ANYTHING (including vehicles) it's barret (M107) and this one
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Yeah, I've found an M107 in a tent.
I don't know why anyone would need that, though. And the AT4 does 6 million damage.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:18 pm

but it replaces your backpack, I believe
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Yeah, the AT4 does, even though the AS50 and M107 are probably harder to carry.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:42 pm

I logged out and managed to die. I respawned with nothing but my Coyote Backpack.
Bled to death because of a crowbar, which would've saved me if it were a hatchet.
Respawned near my friend and brother, Cherno. I got a Lee Enfield and expended all 30 bullets in Prig, then killed 20 more with a hatchet. Not helped by the choice to throw flares all over the place in one of the barns.
Then, I ran to the northern Cherno medical camp, loaded my Czech pack and ran around for a while with a hatchet until my brother and my friend were near. By the other Hospital. I found a revolver, and I am actually impressed with the easy-to-use-for-headshots iron sights and common ammo. My brother found a way to mix the crowbar with his rifle. Hilarity ensues.
Then we ran around Cherno for a definitely unhealthy amount of time, making a lot of noise and in general not giving a damn. Found an ALICE and we left for Stary Sobor.
On the way we all gutted a boar. 12 meat. We replaced our canned goods from the supermarket and continued towards Zug castle. Nothing special there.
We went to Vyshnoye nearby, and tried to secure the water pump. 2 Lees and an M4 firing make a lot of noise. We ended up camping in the barn for a while, picking them off. By this point, we all had the Hero skin from healing each other.
We finally got to Stary, made a lot of noise and killed a bunch of zombies. We looted it, and I got an M24 with 40 bullets, and an M1014, which seemed rather terrible. Bro got an M16A2, and my friend got some more ammo for the M107 he found on a hacker's corpse that used to have thermal.
We finally got to the NWAF, and we looted it almost entirely. Then my client stopped working and I couldn't rejoin. We hopped on another server, and looted it again. Nothing but a bunch of AKs and I replaced my shotty with an R870. And my comrades got a pistol and some ammo. We encountered no resistance from players.
We are still there, having been kicked off the server by an admin.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:32 pm

So, started off over near balota airfield. Went to go search it and got 1 hit bone break by a zombie, though my 1886 held them off impressively.
Crawled my way over to cherno, after failing to break the glass to the hospital with a bottle (too high a throw) eventually found a medical box behind the building and made good use of it.

With my legs working again I did a minor loot on the apts, but found nothing worth talking about. Heard a guy on a motorbike drive on past but he didn't see me so I was fine.

Made my way north, taken out some more zombies here & there, found a place to stay for now...
turns out I'm in the big building just to the right of the helicopter spawn over in stary sabor....

Never thought I'd go here.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:39 pm

So Ketchup and I decided to go to Vybor. Bad idea, I was killed. So upon respawning, I go to Cherno to muck around with no cares, considering the fact that I didn't have anything.

So as I muck about, I see this survivor, in default skin, running around unarmed. I follow him to see if he's friendly. I figured he was afraid of me because he kept running when he saw me. Hit the supermarket, saw him go through the building across the street, chased by zombies. It was hilarious. So I encounter him, this time armed. He takes a shot at a zombie nearby, and VOIPs me asking if I was friendly. I have a hero skin, and intend to keep it. I said "Yes, I'm a hero, see?" and he replies "Yeah, I see that. Let's get to a safe place." By this point, the zombies had begun to swarm, so we ran into a house. I crouched down to look at a loot pile and... he empties his Makarov into the side of my head. I wasn't startled, or even angry. I laughed; good for him, he got some cans. I hope he dies in a fire.

Last edited by IncoherentOrange on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm actually very close to you, Kipper. Veresnik, 1~km from Stary and the NWAF. My bro and friend aren't there anymore, bro died and friend got tele'd. I'm all alone. :C
Actually, I've begun to see how much fun it is to help people. I'm awaiting a response from a patient right now.
I also taught myself how to fly helicopters.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:37 pm

How well can you fly them? I can take off & land quite well, but general flying for me, I need auto-hover assistance because otherwise it goes crazy out of control.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Kippershy wrote:How well can you fly them? I can take off & land quite well, but general flying for me, I need auto-hover assistance because otherwise it goes crazy out of control.
I can land in Armory, and flying without auto-hover is hella difficult.

I'm 2km from Vysota barn atm.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Doing the training, I managed to get off the ground, pick up soldiers, and land them on target pretty damn quickly.
Now, if I try it without the auto-hover, the controls just spack out because mouse+keyboard has NEVER been the way to play (proper) flying games.

Trouble is, my dedicated flight joystick doesn't work with my PC. Don't know if its driver issues or otherwise, however.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next