Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

+7
WavemasterRyx
Moodyman90
hawkeye92
Aonee
Scootayay
Ketchup
Kippershy
11 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 13 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by Ketchup Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:33 am

Sorry to hear that. You got hacked. Or rather, a script kiddie was around.
I've been looking for a motorbike since my bicycle went missing after I was kicked while riding it. To a patient, no less.

Your humanity is still 3400, it just looks like it reset. it has been saved since long before we played. It resets when you change skins, so every time I log in, it puts me with Hero and "resets" everything. Even my blood sometimes.

On US 405, the one that shows the wrong version and is hosted by someone named Joo, I have a pair of tents at Vysota barn that have supplies in them, and a few weapons. Feel free to take them.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 13 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by Ketchup Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:43 pm

My tents rolled back to like, 2 weeks ago. Glad that I'm still carrying my antibiotics. I also looted an extra Glock for anyone who wants one.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:37 am

Still gotta find out if my motorbike is still around/ not stolen.

it's very well hidden, the only way to see it is if you just happen to be crawling in the middle of the woods (why would you?) from a certain angle to see the smallest bit of the wheel.

The only other way would be to run right into it, which is much more likely then crawling into it - but still highly unlikely.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:21 am

Went 10 kilometers and back from Vysota to NE airstrip to help my friend. We hit Stary and found a dead guy with nothing of high value, but I left with 2 red smoke grenades and a frag. We plan on collapsing buildings in Cherno.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:11 pm

http://db.dayzwiki.com/map/chernarus#position=3,74.51,74.51|
I found a colored map with more interaction.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:41 am

Recently, I've been having dreams about DayZ, which is really strange.
In one, I encountered a sniper at close range with an M24 with no scope on it, I also had one. I knocked it away and he somehow retrieved it, and we tried to exchange fire there but landed no hits. Then we became friendly after he started talking. The next thing I remember is telling my brother that the trigger pull on the M24 was the same in DayZ as it was in real life, which is impossible. You can't simulate trigger pull with a mouse.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:36 pm

Went on quite a chase today.
My friend was at the NWAF, I was at Devil's Castle where I had given antibiotics to a Greek person. Incredible accent.
Anyway, he needed me to remove barricades in front of a barracks, and before that he had talked to someone in a helicopter there who flew off and was kicked, presumably while flying. Poor guy.
We looted it, and went to Stary where he had apparently seen a jeep. There was no jeep. We had stopped at a few deer stands and a town on the way, and goofed off a lot in Stary, throwing flares and bottles. We expended a lot of ammunition.
Then we went to Berezino to check vehicle spawns. Found none but we aggro'd every zombie in the city at a supermarket when I threw a smoke grenade. We got separated and, after some frantic wandering for about 15 minutes, I arrived at him where he had another horde of zombies. We killed a lot of them and holed up at a supermarket, and threw flares all over it. It looked like a rave party. We escaped, I gave him a transfusion and we went boat hunting. Uneventful there and we traveled quite far. We came to some docks, threw more smoke grenades and flares and a frag by mistake. Then, my friend had a marvelous idea: Place a tent on the dock with some scrap metal in it. He placed the tent, ended up under the pier. I fell in and he was surfing on me for 10 seconds, then he fell in too. He had another great idea: save the tent. He must've gone into some wall or something because he died and was sucked under the map, taking 300k damage. We laughed for a straight minute and he respawned near Elektro. We met at a little island between Kamyshovo and Elektro.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Sounds like you're having quite the blast. Good on ya!
I like hearing about the stuff you get up to on DayZ
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Most of the fun I've been having lately is related to Paper Mario, smoke grenades and flares. Also, being a medic.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:39 am

Today, I saved a guy with a blood transfusion, then checked the V3S spawn, fixed it up, and linked up with my friend. I brought him to Stary, he looted it under fire, then left with me and we went to get gas, I ran over a whole bunch of zombies, then we went to loot a few places near the NWAF and went to the helicopter spawn way up NW. We found the helicopter...
Spoiler:
And the probable pilot...
Spoiler:
So, we laughed for a few minutes and cooked some meat.
"Hey, drop me off near the airfield."
So we went over, and I decided to go with him.
We hopped around the hangers and he eventually shot me in the head with his AKM.
He died shortly after.
We are going to try to take my friend's truck up to retrieve our stuff. I'm not angry, it was funny.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:52 am

he eventually shot me in the head with his AKM.
Ah, good ol' times. Spike
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Doomed to happen eventually lol.
I got my stuff and my truck back, so all is great.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:57 am

I went to an old hatchback spawn after my truck disappeared, it was smashed up almost completely. Then my friend was killed by bus bandits on another server and they stole his truck. He convinced me somehow to track them down. Using my M4A3, I sprayed a magazine and a half into it before they drove off. I don't think I damaged it very much, given my SD ammo having problems with sight misalignment. I tracked them and got the nametag for the truck, but didn't see it directly. He's going on a vengeance run, with a bicycle. Then he died, and found another bike. Lol.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Well damn.
I crashed my new Hatchback into a concrete barrier, it blew up, and me and my bro are heavily injured. I called TMW, they are trying to help now.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:17 pm

if you both are anywhere near NWAS I can help...don't be afraid of walking bush with night googlies Crazy
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:18 pm

NVGs are really great, I fixed my car in the dark. Then crashed at day. I'm at Mogilevka.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:21 pm

well...I'm about...hm..5-7 km's away from there. If your friends aren't closer, I can run towards you right now
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:31 pm

They are on the way, don't worry.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Well, they got there, and I was in perfect health, they left and were... unsettled? Not sure. Bro didn't make it.
I logged on to the server I crashed on and I fell unconscious and a zombie started eating me.
So it looks like I'm exiled from that server.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:30 am

Upon getting a ride from a nice person named Priest to the motorcycle spawns near Guglovo, I was shooting zombies while my friend was intentionally doing zigzags in front of me. He received a bullet in the face from this ordeal. We both agree, however, that it was totally his fault. I went to bed while he was getting resupplied by Priest.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Power went out. Hope I didn't lose anything.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Me, my brother, Kipper, and my friend played DayZ all day. It was awesome, everyone involved got pizza.
The story starts with everyone scattered. I met with Kipper in Stary, and after looting and a power outage, then we met with my friend in the hills Northwards.
We were heading to a crash site, and the other person on the server, SANTA CLAUS, killed me and my friend. Kipper bailed, not really a choice.
My brother and Kipper met up and looted around Stary after SANTA left. Then they raided the NWAF with my friend.
While this was happening, I spawned near Cherno, had a close encounter with a passive gillie-clothed player. Then I went to Balota's deer stand base thingy, and tried to vault in between a wire fence and some sandbags. Died instantly. Then I got knocked unconscious on a ladder of a deer stand when I went back, and died there, as there was no way to escape. I spawned up near Solnichney and committed suicide by zombies and a double barrel shotgun.
I spawned near Elektro and looted a DMR and a revolver, as well as rudimentary tools and navigation equipment. I filled my ALICE with medical goods and food from the supermarket. I managed to find 3 frags and 3 smoke grenades. Had some fun with that.
Meanwhile, my comrades got my friend's corpse duped, and they had fun with that. Then Kipper left and we kinda slipped off one by one.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:18 pm

While looting the Airfield, Kipper and I encountered a bandit that was logging in at the fire station there. He killed him, then we began to loot his corpse. And then he logged in there again, so we both let loose about half a dozen rounds each into him, killing him, again. We find that he has the same goods, so we vacated the server in fear that he was a hacker that would nuke the server, since you don't just respawn at the same spot with the same equipment. I got an M16A2 from him.

...Lots of fun was had yesterday.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Today, one of my other friends started playing, and with my other friend, was looting Cherno. I was at Elektro, looting, and I fell off the fire station. I respawned at Krutoy Cap. I ran back to get my ALICE, R870 and Glock, when I saw an old hatchback and a GAZ on the road next to it. I drove the GAZ over to Cherno to pick them up, without checking what was in it. It had an M107, 4 mags for that, an M4A1 CCO SD, with 9 mags, and an empty PP-19. We switched weapons around when we got to the Elektro fire station, and the hatchback had a GPS, which I claimed. We raided a few supermarkets and Stary, and mowed down about 40 zombies near Lopatino. We dumped excess jerry cans and other less useful goods, and refueled there. While we were waiting for one of my friends to come back from filling canteens, My other friend managed to get stuck in a car and break his legs. It was rather funny. At that point, we split up, with them going to the NWAF and I checked the spawns far NW, then went to the pickup spawn near Myshkino. Neither were there. We placed our vehicles near Myshkino in the forest over a hill, and logged out. One of my friends had to logout in the airfield.
We were on an empty server with no more than 3 people other than us on.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Sounds like a really fun game. Thinking of purchasing it whenever it comes out as a standalone. I need all the optimization I can, from what I've heard of spec requirements. Maybe we can grab the rest of the crew?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Everyone is hoping the standalone will be in better shape than DayZ is now. It is really demanding for full performance, and the standalone will hopefully contain optimized coding and some effective anti-hack.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:06 pm

So, today was VERY rewarding for my loot hunt.

Went from camp to NWAF, first made my way into the S.barracks - nothing of value at all.
Cautiously made my way over to the N.barracks and found a M4A1 CCO SD (which I have 5 mags for) and then made my way to the fire station.

....three bodies, one in ghillie, one in camo, one in regular civvie.
two of them had CZ550's (ignored because of my DMR) and there was an M14AIM there too.
but that's not all.

I found a toolkit AND entrenching tool on one of the bodies (only missing NVG now for every tool I can think of!) AAAAND the ghillie suit guy had a coyote backpack... which you can bet I nicked.

Made my way around the FS, nothing of value. Made my way back down, ran out the back, checked the horizon for snipers -- nothing visible, and made my way across the airstrip heading S-W.
Along the way I heard a soft 'ting' sound and thought FUCK THIS, pressed escape and combat logged.

Cowardly? I don't think so, I think it was responsible.
I had no idea where to even begin looking for the sniper, let alone getting out my DMR for a shot or trying to hit them with my M4A1 CCO SD. They would've owned me in a single headshot if they'd been a better aim, so fuck, why simply lay down and die?

I don't care how much it pisses anyone off, if you have the chance to take someone out and want to make a go of it, make sure you do it on the first go otherwise it's only fair that they log off given the chance... it's only a game, after all.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:55 pm

That particular sniper looks like a griefer: a player who does things just to piss others off, and I gather this from the unlooted bodies.
I have no negative feelings to combat logging, especially against griefers. I don't CL anymore, however.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:24 pm

You play Day Z a lot more then me though, so you're a lot more accustomed to dying via player kill.
I've got no problem with skillfull player kills and outright gunfights, but when I'm being shot at by snipers with no clue where they'd come from, I try not to make it easy.

...which, when you're in the middle of the airstrip with no cover what-so-ever and the only building nearby being the ATC and the fact that the front door of that is often buggy as fuck and the ladder simply too slow... yeah.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm quite accustomed to dying by PK, yes, but I don't play DayZ very often. When I did, I played it all day, usually. Now, I've got school and less free time.
Oh, and patch 1.7.2.6 apparently fixed the graphical glitches from military bodies. Yay.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next