Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

+7
WavemasterRyx
Moodyman90
hawkeye92
Aonee
Scootayay
Ketchup
Kippershy
11 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 14 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by Ketchup Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:31 pm

"Players who become Heroes also gain the perk of being able to run slightly faster than Survivors and Bandits. They also have a bullet resistant vest that will block most low calibre bullets such as makarov or m9 rounds. You will still receive shock, however you will not take any damage nor bleed."-DayZ Wiki.
Aww yeah. Going to test the vest sometime.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 14 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:41 pm

ARGH! I want to play this game, but I know my computer can't handle it. Fer goodness sakes I've got an integrated video card! Hurry up and get optimized and standalone plox! /silly

But really, at least I get a lot of advice from watching let's play by Zemalf, so I won't be totally unprepared.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:47 pm

The game has somewhat of a learning curve, but common sense and awareness are extremely helpful, as is previous information. It has been definitely worth 30 bucks for ARMA2CO just to play it for me.
What are the specs for your machine?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:06 am

Just traveled to the coast from Myshkino with a friend to meet up with my newbie friend. We successfully tested the bullet-resistance, fudged around with new UI settings, got knocked over right after my pal went to do something. Got me down to 3k, but a transfusion helped that. We hunted rabbits with an M107. Fun times.
We raided several deer stands including Balota's 4, and grabbed lots of smoke grenades. We reached the hospital by the military camp in Cherno, patched up our friend and headed to the fire station. We had a smoke grenade party on the roof with 2 other players on the server, then my friend sad he saw a sniper. After paranoid'n for a bit, he apparently shot him when lightning hit. We went towards the 'corpse', but never found it. He gets full of shit sometimes so you can never tell if he's telling the whole truth. We went up to a high building and played sniper. Yes, we quite literally played sniper. Nobody was in Cherno but we were doing it all the same. Our friend left and we went to some collapsed buildings we had seen. There was the body of a person who had hacked gear. A thermal AS50 and a Skorpion SMG. My friend took the AS50, because he managed to oblivionize his M107. I didn't support this, but whatever. We raided the fire station and supermarket for tents so we could go bandit sniping in Cherno without too much risk. We found none. We logged out there.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:28 am

We hunted rabbits with an M107
IRL that wouldn't left any of rabbit there...just shreds of meat. And about hacked-in AS50. Don't flash it and dispose of it, when your friend will have enough fun with it. IIRC there were series of bans few month ago, by 'unauthorised items ID' aka hacked-in items. My friend got that SR too and had her for week or so, than he was killed. He wasn't banned.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:59 am

@Ketchup
i7 quadcore, 6gb ram, intel hd 3000 family graphics chip or something like that.

So hackers are still rampant?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:14 am

They appear from time to time. Mostly, they just hack-in items, though they have 'magic map', which shows in real-time, where every person are on server (and only that). Yeah, they can hack-in any weapon from arma 2, they can spawn vehicles, but more they spawn/do - more chances from them to be caught. There are others hackers, who can do this and can teleport to you/teleport you to them. And...blow up everyone on server, though it's rarely occur, since they can be caught even faster, than those, who spawns things.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:54 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Ketchup
i7 quadcore, 6gb ram, intel hd 3000 family graphics chip or something like that.

So hackers are still rampant?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqYfZCWOBoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWj9hC3K0jg
looks like you might be able to run it on low/medium, but your graphics are definitely the weak point of your machine. You would likely be able to run it.
Hackers typically leave the empty-ish servers alone, which are the ones I play on.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Made a good pass over NWAF once again. Nothing of value was found.
Came across a M16A2 M203 but Ketch didn't want it and as such, I felt no need to bother with it.
the -only- thing it'd be useful for is the G.launcher for when he has his flare parties, but even then, M203 rounds aren't common enough to make it worth while for him - don't blame him either.

Made me way off the airfield and around the outside, checked the clearing just to the north for an ATV, but no luck.
Went north, currently in the mountains.

Really wishing I could find some NVG's but then, if I stick up the north maybe I'll find a camp? doubt there'd be any in, but still... who knows.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Kippershy wrote:
the -only- thing it'd be useful for is the G.launcher for when he has his flare parties, but even then, M203 rounds aren't common enough to make it worth while for him - don't blame him either.
I find the grenades commonly enough, and I do like having flare parties. I'm carrying 3 smokes and a fragmentation grenade for that right now. Lots of fun. But I do prefer the M4A1 CCO SD, more practical than the M16 and it's grenade launcher. Explosives are scary in DayZ.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Well, that was interesting.
My friends were in Cherno's supermarket, then we met up under possible sniper watch. We went to the hospital near the apartments, and we started throwing flares, which we could see nearly a kilometer away at Vysota. Before we all left, a 'sniper' was shooting at my friend and he fired back ineffectively. We ran out to Vysota. In the barn... were 20 chemlights. Wewt. We threw them all over the barn, making it glow from the outside and in. After I ran out of chemlights, I managed to throw my frag... breaking my friend's leg. I'm not allowed to carry them anymore. Then we threw flares all over it, one of my friends ran, but was getting shot at so he ran back in. By that time, I had thrown 4 smoke grenades. It was really distorted and funny. We logged out there.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:53 pm

If you like 'things that go boom', you can check landmark not far from NSFA, where UAZ is spawning (Altar hill) if UAZ is in place, even broken, there are 6-12 'unique' frag grenades, some food/drink and tent in it. Though, mostly UAZ spawning COMPLETELY broken, but it can hold up to 6 people and are almost best choice for all-road type of vehicle.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:02 am

Well... not found a set of NVG yet, though I've given up on that.
Went looking around in the surrounding villages for a ghillie...
Over in Vybor, in the supermarket, found a dead body with three - one on gear, two in backpack.
Wearing a camo clothing though? Ha.

Anyway, took two (wear one store one) and I also found two antibiotics (only took one of those) and some food which I ate.
Completely surprised, can't tell how he would've died because he had all the gear, he was standing upright when I found him with the door open, so perhaps some griefer sniper?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:05 am

You can't take off someone's camo. As for yourself, in order to take off any camo - you need to 'wear' something else, only like that.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:53 pm

I know that -- he had extra pairs on him though.
I was wearing camo clothing, he was wearing camo clothing, yet had three ghillies in his invo.

took two, left his body a present of an extra camo clothing in replacement.
I know ghillie is a little more obvious in a city then the camo clothing (especially on rooftops) but seeing as I spend most of my time in forest and grass, it's helpful.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:26 am

Today, I looted Balota twice, getting smoke grenades and not much else. I went to Cherno and looted the supermarket, nothing useful. I was on my way to the military spawns near the hospital, when I hear flies near a ladder. I climbed up, all the way to what I'd consider the tallest point in Cherno, found nothing, climbed down...
He was stuck in the wall at the bottom of the ladder.
I saw he had an M16 or other weapon with a similar shape, and a gillie suit. I tried to collapse the building, with smokes and a frag, to no success.
I'm looking for NVGs, GPS and an M9SD. None are common and the first can only be found in hacked tents, on players, or at the NWAF.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:44 pm

If the GPS wasn't so god damn handy for me, I'd give you mine, but seeing as I'm often finding myself walking around unknown territory up north right now, it's just too frigging handy. Sorry.

(I'm sticking away from the coast for now, seeing what I can do up north. Not been on the last few days, but will after chapter release.)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:47 pm

there is a chacne, that you _might_ find NVG or GPS in apartment buildings in Cherno, but it's a really slim chance
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:49 am

Katarn wrote:there is a chacne, that you _might_ find NVG or GPS in apartment buildings in Cherno, but it's a really slim chance

...What?
I've NEVER heard of that, ever. None of the wiki or DB pages mention that.

I think you've been had, whoever told you that. If that's where you found yours, most likely someone was killed and whomever killed them already had that gear and so left it. (as weird as that would be to do, I can imagine someone doing it if they have no extra room and no tent to store it in.)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 am

Maybe. I've found NVG in tents in Stary and GPS...I don't remember...somewhere either in Electro or Solnechniy. So you might be right, though I wouldn't image, that someone would do that.
btw. Small nodes doesn't mean, that they have 'low grade' loot, it's just in small nodes could spawn only 3 items in medium...4 or 5 I believe and in large 6+ items. So there are possibility to find good military grade loot in small nodes...though all loot spawns with chances and higher chance in ANY loot - empty cans :D
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:33 pm

>check NWAF, find 10 SD STANAGS
>take as many as I can fit.
>find nothing else of value.

>check for the ATV north of NWAF, no luck.

>go to NEAF, ATC has a fucking coyote backpack.
...A coyote backpack. as in, the rarest of the lot, and I already have one.
What fucking luck.
I don't even have a tent to store mine in to go take that and have two.

LU441 if anyone wants it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Eventful day.
As soon as I got home from school and logged in to Steam, Katarn asks me if I'm busy. Since I wasn't, I went to help him at the Airfield. On the way, I stopped at Stary, finding a lot of weapons and stuff that players had dropped. We are talking a huge amount of assorted weapons, all Russian or shotguns. Except for an M16 M203, which I swapped for my DMR since I never use it. After checking the rest of the loot, I continued to the NWAF. Nothing in the South barracks, and I met Katarn at the fire station. Before this, I told my friend about the weapon stockpile and he found a terribly damaged helicopter in Elektro. Being a laggy server, and having no will to, we didn't pursue repairing it. Me and Katarn kinda goofed off at the airfield after he gave me an extra M9SD he had, but when I swapped my G17 in his backpack for it, by stockpile of 4 SD mags was sucked into oblivion. We used a smoke grenade and an RGO to good effect, and eventually left after fighting off a few small hordes. At about this point, my friend had to go do homework and he left without encountering us.
We gutted an extremely durable cow, and continued towards Veresnik. We cooked the meat and looted the local deer stands. Then, my brother informed me of his antics in Stary with his M240. About 100 zombies were involved. We met up in the supermarket and killed a bunch more. I was out of ammo by this point, so was Katarn. We re-logged and my brother gave Katarn his M9SD mags he had found, since I already had a suppressed weapon anyway. He also supplied me with an M203 HE shell, which I accidentally fired instead of a flare for testing. Earlier, I had fired a smoke grenade out of it and it bounced off a roof far in the air. We then stopped playing.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:20 am

Yeah. That's was fun.
IncohorentRambo took out Stary Sobor...at least twice Spike
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:50 am

I'm just glad no-one seems to know of our exploits, Katarn.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:51 am

Yeah...that. Did you find your body? :D
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Haven't looked yet. I don't think I will look, either.
I'm not 100% sure which server it was, I'm not 100% sure where I was exactly either.

I'd need a map to have a clue which general direction I was running and I'd have to be lucky enough to spot the corpse as it is.
All I know was there was a small fence, I think a small house or something, nothing too noticeable.
Chances are by now that someone has already found it & looted it, I'd have thought, even if it is out of the way.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:37 pm

New map come out, call'd Fallujah.
Pretty cool, just one big ass city. To image how it's looks like, remember any CoD/BF arabian city maps. Despite that this is city map, zombie spawn rate near buildings are lower, than in Chernorus. Many Residential nodes. Though not all buildings are accessible or have any loot. Though it's fun. If you are using Day Z commander - just update it and then install this map. It's fun.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Just played day z since the last incident / Fallujah.

Had one snotbag little kid (voice coms) try to kill me while I was logging in but thankfully it only glitched me out and put me in a new spawn, with all my stuff.

So I restarted in Elektro, got to the south fire station, got an AKS, got to the pub, found what was literally about 20 dead bodies in the immediate area, searched around, got some stuff... now, this is where it gets fun.

Went to the top of the hospital because being chased by zombies with low ammo and find this:

Two dead bodies, one must've been a hacker.
He had silenced M9 with 4 mags, ALICE (already had one), 1 cooked meat, M4A1 holo silenced + g/launcher (LOL, yeah.) that runs off standard STANAG mags (I think), NVG, watch, map, rangefinder...

yeah.

Took that stuff. why not?

I mean, yes, I could get banned - but it's one gun I found on a body, not spawning shit. I doubt it's big enough to notice unlike a thermal AS50 + attack chopper or some shit.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Oh, and three satchel charges. Which you can bet your ass I'll blow.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:05 pm

You won't get banned for collecting hacked goodies, but it may be replaced or disappear.
I was recently thinking about getting back in the medic business, but I'm busy playing FO3 through again.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next