Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:42 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:
Derpmind wrote:Also, was Twilight's place hit by a missile or a bomb?
Not the library, Pip visited it as a raider holdout, IIRC.
No, no. Maripony.
Pretty sure it was a missile strike. It wasn't enough to destroy the facility, just shake things when they really should not have been shook; to me that says exterior explosion instead of infiltration and planting.
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:43 pm

SilentCarto wrote:That sounds like the OIA piggybacking on an existing Zebra-originated plan, not pulling their own shenanigans to start it all.
I don't know about that. It depends on how much the OIA (or the inner circle) was willing to do, and so far I haven't seen any limits. They may have made first contact with the zebras and made the offer to help. Or, more likely they manipulated FourStar into making such an offer... whatever really.
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:43 pm

juleppony wrote:*pokes head in*

Oy. Y'all ragtag vagabonds invaded a new place? After running up 3 posts of comments at EqD? Tsk!
Nice to see you've finally made it, Mint! *hugs*

swicked wrote:So... it's more or less a spoiler for future spoilers.
Well, I didn't trust Garnet already... the only real spoiler would be Glass being associated with them, since his name isn't exactly a gemstone, but otherwise I still don't see it being that bad, but as I said I guess it's just me under-reacting.
swicked wrote:Glass: ...do we REALLY have to call ourselves that? You know, what with me not being a mare and all...
Garnet: Shut up, Glass.
Glass: Sigh... T_T
Poor Glass, no respect. I bet he's really totally the mastermind behind everything.
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:54 pm

swicked wrote:They've found a way to make it extract itself? How? Or... do you mean all the death?
I dunno, you lost me at that point, could you explain yourself a little further?
I was just referencing the zebras who tried to raise the EoS in prehistory, and the scientific, industry-oriented version of worshipping it. Waking up Cthulhu by accident without really knowing what you're doing, basically.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:56 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Derpmind wrote:
They already had missiles that could strike everywhere in Equestria within minutes. CARE ensured that, if one side attacked with megaspells, the other side would automatically retaliate as close to instantly as possible. If the zebras had successfully snuck balefire bombs into all the major cities, it's possible that they could have used that to either destroy Equestria's capability to retaliate, or forced Equestria to surrender.

Also, was Twilight's place hit by a missile or a bomb?
Not the library, Pip visited it as a raider holdout, IIRC.
Derpmind is referring to Splendid valley, as for missile or bomb we don't know, could be either as the Valley was an underground bunker complex and the megaspell detonated on the surface.
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Sindri wrote:
Pretty sure it was a missile strike.
Derpmind is referring to Splendid valley, as for missile or bomb we don't know, could be either as the Valley was an underground bunker complex and the megaspell detonated on the surface.
Nope. It was a bomb infiltrated into the tunnels.

Fo:E Ch 29, page 1:
I floated out my binoculars and stared towards the horizon. A sinkhole several miles across indicated where the balefire bomb had been detonated. The bomb had been snuck in underground and detonated. The surface above had collapsed into the toxin-filled tunnels below.
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:59 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
Sindri wrote:
Pretty sure it was a missile strike.
Nope. It was a bomb infiltrated into the tunnels.

Fo:E Ch 29, page 1:
I floated out my binoculars and stared towards the horizon. A sinkhole several miles across indicated where the balefire bomb had been detonated. The bomb had been snuck in underground and detonated. The surface above had collapsed into the toxin-filled tunnels below.
So Maripony was never actually hit at all, it just felt the shock from a bomb going off in the Splendid Valley waste disposal site.
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:00 pm

So are we expecting a chapter this weekend.
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Sindri wrote:So Maripony was never actually hit at all, it just felt the shock from a bomb going off in the Splendid Valley waste disposal site.

The disposal site was directly underneath Maripony, filling the whole valley. I'm pretty sure it went off directly beneath the facility -- likely in the same spot Pip's bomb went off.
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Derpmind wrote:They already had missiles that could strike everywhere in Equestria within minutes. CARE ensured that, if one side attacked with megaspells, the other side would automatically retaliate as close to instantly as possible. If the zebras had successfully snuck balefire bombs into all the major cities, it's possible that they could have used that to either destroy Equestria's capability to retaliate, or forced Equestria to surrender.
I don't think the planted bombs were ever intended to go everywhere. There were only three that we know of, and two of them were set off within minutes of each other. (I would suspect the one that "Pinkie Bell" had was intended for Fillydelphia.) That doesn't seem like an "oh crap" detonation, it seems like a coordinated plan.

FeatherDust wrote:The disposal site was directly underneath Maripony, filling the whole valley. I'm pretty sure it went off directly beneath the facility -- likely in the same spot Pip's bomb went off.
Not quite. The "toxin filled tunnels" ARE Maripony. Remember how they stored the failed IMP samples in the spare tunnels? The sinkhole is one end of the Maripony complex, and the Goddess's chamber is at the other. The second bomb collapsed what was left of the complex.

The clouds above seemed awfully close. I glanced downward. We were very, very high. Below, the second crater of Splendid Valley glowed in the aftermath.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:28 pm

SilentCarto wrote:(I would suspect the one that "Pinkie Bell" had was intended for Fillydelphia.) That doesn't seem like an "oh crap" detonation, it seems like a coordinated plan.

Why do you think that?
I'll admit I wondered where her un-exploded bomb came from, but it really didn't seem like there were any clues.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:35 pm

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:(I would suspect the one that "Pinkie Bell" had was intended for Fillydelphia.) That doesn't seem like an "oh crap" detonation, it seems like a coordinated plan.

Why do you think that?
I'll admit I wondered where her un-exploded bomb came from, but it really didn't seem like there were any clues.
Aside from the fact it was in a barn in the middle of nowhere, all things considered I'd say that Silver Bell's balefire bomb was found someplace nearby. I don't see her parents keeping it around, I don't see the raiders that killed them leaving it there and I don't see either of those two groups leaving the bomb there or ignoring it. Which implies to me that while being Pinkie Bell the bomb was found and somehow moved to the barn. I don't see the balefire fairy dropping off a bomb because Silver had been a good filly the whole year.

The bomb is there due to plot, how it got there is an interesting mystery, but we don't get answers to all of those. For example what the hell did Steelhooves spend the past two hundred years doing? Not hanging out in his shack on the golf course. He had to be up and with the Steel Rangers to reach the rank he did, they had to know he was a Ghoul yet they put up with him for two hundred years. Was it because he was mostly left to himself or was he using his undead hard to kill nature to pull all sorts of jobs for the Rangers? Who knows, we know he has a history, we find him in a shack and that's about it.

Likewise we know there's a bomb, we find it in a barn and that's about it.
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 pm

juleppony wrote:
Somber wrote:

Minty! ::hugs!::

Somber! *hug!*

Pssssssst.

http://juleppony.deviantart.com/art/Wasteland-Orphans-308463038
http://juleppony.deviantart.com/art/Wasteland-Orphans-WP-308519589

(I can't wait for Sunday, hnngh.)

Also, I didn't see these in time to mention with my last post, but wow - that's cool, Mint, I like the first version better myself, but either way looks nice. <3
I'm glad you and Somber are having fun with the PnP.
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Cptadder wrote:The bomb is there due to plot, how it got there is an interesting mystery, but we don't get answers to all of those. For example what the hell did Steelhooves spend the past two hundred years doing? Not hanging out in his shack on the golf course. He had to be up and with the Steel Rangers to reach the rank he did, they had to know he was a Ghoul yet they put up with him for two hundred years. Was it because he was mostly left to himself or was he using his undead hard to kill nature to pull all sorts of jobs for the Rangers? Who knows, we know he has a history, we find him in a shack and that's about it.

Likewise we know there's a bomb, we find it in a barn and that's about it.

...your example is nothing like my question. You might as well ask what the steel rangers were doing AT ALL during that time. Because the answer is obvious.
He was raiding stables, gathering technology, killing alicorns, etc. What do you mean by "put up with him"? The steel rangers don't hate ghouls. I don't remember it ever saying that they had to tolerate him. He was just one of them.

An unexploded balefire bomb from out of nowhere, though? One that wasn't just a dud? Kinda a big plot hole.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by juleppony on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:05 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Also, I didn't see these in time to mention with my last post, but wow - that's cool, Mint, I like the first version better myself, but either way looks nice. <3
I'm glad you and Somber are having fun with the PnP.

Yeah... I still like the idea of a wallpaper-sized one that kinda follows the same layout as that -- but pulls it off better. So overall, I like the first one better, too.

Oh man, this PnP group. It is so good.
juleppony
Foal

Brohoof! : 3

http://juleppony.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:17 pm

swicked wrote:Why do you think that?
Well, that's why it's a suspicion. Filly was the industrial center of Equestria, which is a prime target, but the bombardment didn't seem to disable its factories all that effectively. Thus, I suspect there was a missing 'boom'. Possibly the missile that hit it was a last-minute retargeting based on the report that the planted bomb was captured. Maybe that was how the MoM found out about Four Star. We'll never really know, but it's a reasonable guess.

It could have also been intended for Canterlot, with the three-missile strike launched when it failed to detonate.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Guise guise guise. Garnet has non-evil bitch emotions. Go look at the Vanity orb. Like, woah.
Seriously, though, I'm now very curious about her character and role.

swicked wrote:
Did Horse have some final plan that required he get EC-1101 to complete?

To get out of the security system? I'm still convinced that Cybie is Horse, and he's desperate to end a long wait.

juleppony wrote:*pokes head in*

Oy. Y'all ragtag vagabonds invaded a new place? After running up 3 posts of comments at EqD? Tsk!
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINTJULEP! Ask Ice Crystal or Nightfire about your old name. What took so long?

swicked wrote:Garnet: So, Goldenblood, are you proud of yourself? Your Agency? Because we certainly are.
Goldenblood: Luna won't listen to you. She trusts me. Your plan will never work!
Garnet: Oh, but it will... officers have already been sent out for your arrest, and with your fall, the TRUE Ministry Mares will finally rise to power! Hahaha!
Glass: ...do we REALLY have to call ourselves that? You know, what with me not being a mare and all...
Garnet: Shut up, Glass.
Glass: Sigh... T_T

I now fully support Glass being Echo/Dealer.
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:24 pm

swicked wrote:

...your example is nothing like my question. You might as well ask what the steel rangers were doing AT ALL during that time. Because the answer is obvious.
He was raiding stables, gathering technology, killing alicorns, etc. What do you mean by "put up with him"? The steel rangers don't hate ghouls. I don't remember it ever saying that they had to tolerate him. He was just one of them.

An unexploded balefire bomb from out of nowhere, though? One that wasn't just a dud? Kinda a big plot hole.
You missed my point. It's a mystery, we know a few details but we don't know the history. That has to be a two hundred year old balefire bomb meaning it has to be one of the bombs meant for the first strike, where was it going, how did it end up in a barn in the middle of nowhere? We don't know. And my point was not about the Steel Rangers in general but Steelhooves specifically. He gets ghouled by the pink wave he wakes up and then what? He has two hundred years of history between the end of the war and when he meets Littlepip... we don't get 1/1000th of that time. Likewise we know the general start point of the Balefire bomb, and we know where it ended up... what about the in between bits?
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Cptadder wrote:
You missed my point. It's a mystery, we know a few details but we don't know the history. That has to be a two hundred year old balefire bomb meaning it has to be one of the bombs meant for the first strike, where was it going, how did it end up in a barn in the middle of nowhere? We don't know. And my point was not about the Steel Rangers in general but Steelhooves specifically. He gets ghouled by the pink wave he wakes up and then what? He has two hundred years of history between the end of the war and when he meets Littlepip... we don't get 1/1000th of that time. Likewise we know the general start point of the Balefire bomb, and we know where it ended up... what about the in between bits?
This could be a rather humongous side Fic of its own.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:36 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
This could be a rather humongous side Fic of its own.
Actually, this seems like the sort of plot hole that Somber would want to fill up. One of the reasons she's written Project Horizons was to try and fill in some parts of Fallout Equestria that didn't make sense to her, after all.
I wonder if this might one day be one of them.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:20 am

Glad I could do some good (by telling mint to get his ass here).
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:34 am

So, I imagine that you people would rather like an update! The good news: things have been patched up, the writing team is pretty much intact. The mixed news: you know how Somber said that he thought that 46 would be a short chapter? Yeah... we're over forty pages. So no update tonight (or maybe an update tonight depending on your local time, I don't know). I think that there's a very good chance that we will be able to get it out tomorrow, though.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:34 am

@Mint Julep:
Ah, welcome back!
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:42 am

O. Hinds wrote:So, I imagine that you people would rather like an update! The good news: things have been patched up, the writing team is pretty much intact. The mixed news: you know how Somber said that he thought that 46 would be a short chapter? Yeah... we're over forty pages. So no update tonight (or maybe an update tonight depending on your local time, I don't know). I think that there's a very good chance that we will be able to get it out tomorrow, though.

All. My. Yays. Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyrush on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:54 am

O. Hinds wrote:So, I imagine that you people would rather like an update! The good news: things have been patched up, the writing team is pretty much intact. The mixed news: you know how Somber said that he thought that 46 would be a short chapter? Yeah... we're over forty pages. So no update tonight (or maybe an update tonight depending on your local time, I don't know). I think that there's a very good chance that we will be able to get it out tomorrow, though.

Crisis averted! Yay.

So I need to burn 24 hours. Anyone have any good methods?
Jeremyrush
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:57 am

Jeremyrush wrote:

Crisis averted! Yay.

Anime?

Depending on your preferences and mental state I can suggest a few dozen...
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:59 am

Jeremyrush wrote:

1.)Go to the TvTropes site.
2.)Go to the SCP site.
3.)Read a book.
4.)Read Past Sins by Penstroke.
5.)If you've already read Past Sins, read it again because there's probably been some form of rewrite.
6.)Meditate
7.)Play a Fallout game until your Xbox freezes up. Then restart it and keep going.
8.)Sleep
9.)Do chores
10.) Go to work.
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:01 am

jacky2734 wrote:
Jeremyrush wrote:

1.)Go to the TvTropes site.
2.)Go to the SCP site.
3.)Read a book.
4.)Read Past Sins by Penstroke.
5.)If you've already read Past Sins, read it again because there's probably been some form of rewrite.
6.)Meditate
7.)Play a Fallout game until your Xbox freezes up. Then restart it and keep going.
8.)Sleep
9.)Do chores
10.) Go to work.
Past Sins doesn't take anywhere near 24 hours. And he said good methods, so the last three are out. I fully support the first three and the seventh, and can offer suggestions regarding books.
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:03 am

I think it's time for em to meditate myself to sleep.
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:04 am

Jeremyrush wrote:

Crisis averted! Yay.

The sentence below is true.
The sentence above is false.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top