Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Wigglejigglesquiggle
Rickyking
CamoBadger
LordsServant
Mobius04
Princess Celestia
Vergil
Quotidian
Rafafidi
OneMoreDaySK
RandomBlank
Snowy Flanks
Icy Shake
hawkeye92
Mister Nikel
Moodyman90
The Holy Tuna
Professor Whooves
Stringtheory
tylertoon2
Ametros
Scootayay
Valikdu
Katarn
Jeremyrush
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
jacky2734
FeatherDust
Scyto Harmony
MrMagma
Sindri
juleppony
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Ketchup
NoodleNugget
Admiral Stoic Rum
Aonee
RoboRed
Cptadder
Kippershy
Kattlarv
Somber
SilentCarto
49 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Derpmind wrote:They already had missiles that could strike everywhere in Equestria within minutes. CARE ensured that, if one side attacked with megaspells, the other side would automatically retaliate as close to instantly as possible. If the zebras had successfully snuck balefire bombs into all the major cities, it's possible that they could have used that to either destroy Equestria's capability to retaliate, or forced Equestria to surrender.
I don't think the planted bombs were ever intended to go everywhere. There were only three that we know of, and two of them were set off within minutes of each other. (I would suspect the one that "Pinkie Bell" had was intended for Fillydelphia.) That doesn't seem like an "oh crap" detonation, it seems like a coordinated plan.

FeatherDust wrote:The disposal site was directly underneath Maripony, filling the whole valley. I'm pretty sure it went off directly beneath the facility -- likely in the same spot Pip's bomb went off.
Not quite. The "toxin filled tunnels" ARE Maripony. Remember how they stored the failed IMP samples in the spare tunnels? The sinkhole is one end of the Maripony complex, and the Goddess's chamber is at the other. The second bomb collapsed what was left of the complex.

The clouds above seemed awfully close. I glanced downward. We were very, very high. Below, the second crater of Splendid Valley glowed in the aftermath.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:35 pm

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:(I would suspect the one that "Pinkie Bell" had was intended for Fillydelphia.) That doesn't seem like an "oh crap" detonation, it seems like a coordinated plan.

Why do you think that?
I'll admit I wondered where her un-exploded bomb came from, but it really didn't seem like there were any clues.
Aside from the fact it was in a barn in the middle of nowhere, all things considered I'd say that Silver Bell's balefire bomb was found someplace nearby. I don't see her parents keeping it around, I don't see the raiders that killed them leaving it there and I don't see either of those two groups leaving the bomb there or ignoring it. Which implies to me that while being Pinkie Bell the bomb was found and somehow moved to the barn. I don't see the balefire fairy dropping off a bomb because Silver had been a good filly the whole year.

The bomb is there due to plot, how it got there is an interesting mystery, but we don't get answers to all of those. For example what the hell did Steelhooves spend the past two hundred years doing? Not hanging out in his shack on the golf course. He had to be up and with the Steel Rangers to reach the rank he did, they had to know he was a Ghoul yet they put up with him for two hundred years. Was it because he was mostly left to himself or was he using his undead hard to kill nature to pull all sorts of jobs for the Rangers? Who knows, we know he has a history, we find him in a shack and that's about it.

Likewise we know there's a bomb, we find it in a barn and that's about it.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 pm

juleppony wrote:
Somber wrote:

Minty! ::hugs!:: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 3796487374

Somber! *hug!* [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 3007958872

Pssssssst.

http://juleppony.deviantart.com/art/Wasteland-Orphans-308463038
http://juleppony.deviantart.com/art/Wasteland-Orphans-WP-308519589

(I can't wait for Sunday, hnngh.)

Also, I didn't see these in time to mention with my last post, but wow - that's cool, Mint, I like the first version better myself, but either way looks nice. <3
I'm glad you and Somber are having fun with the PnP.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by juleppony Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:05 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Also, I didn't see these in time to mention with my last post, but wow - that's cool, Mint, I like the first version better myself, but either way looks nice. <3
I'm glad you and Somber are having fun with the PnP.

Yeah... I still like the idea of a wallpaper-sized one that kinda follows the same layout as that -- but pulls it off better. So overall, I like the first one better, too.

Oh man, this PnP group. It is so good.
juleppony
juleppony
Foal

Brohoof! : 3

http://juleppony.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:17 pm

swicked wrote:Why do you think that?
I'll admit I wondered where her un-exploded bomb came from, but it really didn't seem like there were any clues.
Well, that's why it's a suspicion. Filly was the industrial center of Equestria, which is a prime target, but the bombardment didn't seem to disable its factories all that effectively. Thus, I suspect there was a missing 'boom'. Possibly the missile that hit it was a last-minute retargeting based on the report that the planted bomb was captured. Maybe that was how the MoM found out about Four Star. We'll never really know, but it's a reasonable guess.

It could have also been intended for Canterlot, with the three-missile strike launched when it failed to detonate.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Guise guise guise. Garnet has non-evil bitch emotions. Go look at the Vanity orb. Like, woah.
Seriously, though, I'm now very curious about her character and role.

swicked wrote:
Did Horse have some final plan that required he get EC-1101 to complete?

To get out of the security system? I'm still convinced that Cybie is Horse, and he's desperate to end a long wait.

juleppony wrote:*pokes head in*

Oy. Y'all ragtag vagabonds invaded a new place? After running up 3 posts of comments at EqD? Tsk!
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINTJULEP! Ask Ice Crystal or Nightfire about your old name. What took so long?

swicked wrote:Garnet: So, Goldenblood, are you proud of yourself? Your Agency? Because we certainly are.
Goldenblood: Luna won't listen to you. She trusts me. Your plan will never work!
Garnet: Oh, but it will... officers have already been sent out for your arrest, and with your fall, the TRUE Ministry Mares will finally rise to power! Hahaha!
Glass: ...do we REALLY have to call ourselves that? You know, what with me not being a mare and all...
Garnet: Shut up, Glass.
Glass: Sigh... T_T

I now fully support Glass being Echo/Dealer.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:24 pm

swicked wrote:

...your example is nothing like my question. You might as well ask what the steel rangers were doing AT ALL during that time. Because the answer is obvious.
He was raiding stables, gathering technology, killing alicorns, etc. What do you mean by "put up with him"? The steel rangers don't hate ghouls. I don't remember it ever saying that they had to tolerate him. He was just one of them.

An unexploded balefire bomb from out of nowhere, though? One that wasn't just a dud? Kinda a big plot hole.
You missed my point. It's a mystery, we know a few details but we don't know the history. That has to be a two hundred year old balefire bomb meaning it has to be one of the bombs meant for the first strike, where was it going, how did it end up in a barn in the middle of nowhere? We don't know. And my point was not about the Steel Rangers in general but Steelhooves specifically. He gets ghouled by the pink wave he wakes up and then what? He has two hundred years of history between the end of the war and when he meets Littlepip... we don't get 1/1000th of that time. Likewise we know the general start point of the Balefire bomb, and we know where it ended up... what about the in between bits?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Cptadder wrote:
You missed my point. It's a mystery, we know a few details but we don't know the history. That has to be a two hundred year old balefire bomb meaning it has to be one of the bombs meant for the first strike, where was it going, how did it end up in a barn in the middle of nowhere? We don't know. And my point was not about the Steel Rangers in general but Steelhooves specifically. He gets ghouled by the pink wave he wakes up and then what? He has two hundred years of history between the end of the war and when he meets Littlepip... we don't get 1/1000th of that time. Likewise we know the general start point of the Balefire bomb, and we know where it ended up... what about the in between bits?
This could be a rather humongous side Fic of its own.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:20 am

Glad I could do some good (by telling mint to get his ass here).
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:34 am

So, I imagine that you people would rather like an update! The good news: things have been patched up, the writing team is pretty much intact. The mixed news: you know how Somber said that he thought that 46 would be a short chapter? Yeah... we're over forty pages. So no update tonight (or maybe an update tonight depending on your local time, I don't know). I think that there's a very good chance that we will be able to get it out tomorrow, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:34 am

@Mint Julep:
Ah, welcome back!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:42 am

O. Hinds wrote:So, I imagine that you people would rather like an update! The good news: things have been patched up, the writing team is pretty much intact. The mixed news: you know how Somber said that he thought that 46 would be a short chapter? Yeah... we're over forty pages. So no update tonight (or maybe an update tonight depending on your local time, I don't know). I think that there's a very good chance that we will be able to get it out tomorrow, though.

All. My. Yays. Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy Fluttershy
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyrush Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:54 am

O. Hinds wrote:So, I imagine that you people would rather like an update! The good news: things have been patched up, the writing team is pretty much intact. The mixed news: you know how Somber said that he thought that 46 would be a short chapter? Yeah... we're over forty pages. So no update tonight (or maybe an update tonight depending on your local time, I don't know). I think that there's a very good chance that we will be able to get it out tomorrow, though.

Crisis averted! Yay.

So I need to burn 24 hours. Anyone have any good methods?
Jeremyrush
Jeremyrush
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:57 am

Jeremyrush wrote:

Crisis averted! Yay.

Anime?

Depending on your preferences and mental state I can suggest a few dozen...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:59 am

Jeremyrush wrote:

1.)Go to the TvTropes site.
2.)Go to the SCP site.
3.)Read a book.
4.)Read Past Sins by Penstroke.
5.)If you've already read Past Sins, read it again because there's probably been some form of rewrite.
6.)Meditate
7.)Play a Fallout game until your Xbox freezes up. Then restart it and keep going.
8.)Sleep
9.)Do chores
10.) Go to work.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:01 am

jacky2734 wrote:
Jeremyrush wrote:

2.)Go to the SCP site.
3.)Read a book.
5.)If you've already read Past Sins, read it again because there's probably been some form of rewrite.
6.)Meditate
7.)Play a Fallout game until your Xbox freezes up. Then restart it and keep going.
8.)Sleep
9.)Do chores
10.) Go to work.
Past Sins doesn't take anywhere near 24 hours. And he said good methods, so the last three are out. I fully support the first three and the seventh, and can offer suggestions regarding books.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:03 am

I think it's time for em to meditate myself to sleep. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 3803388186
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:08 am

swicked wrote:The sentence below is true.
The sentence above is false.
Listen carefully swicked: I am lying to you.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:28 am

juleppony wrote:Yeah... I still like the idea of a wallpaper-sized one that kinda follows the same layout as that -- but pulls it off better. So overall, I like the first one better, too.

Oh man, this PnP group. It is so good.
Ah, well I hope you can figure out a way to get the layout to work, because a wallpaper would be pretty sweet. And as I already said, I'm glad you're enjoying the PnP so much, here's hoping my group has as much fun once it gets started finally.

O. Hinds wrote:The good news: things have been patched up
That's very good news. *hugs Somber and all the staff* You guys just take your time and do what you need to, we'll be looking forward to it once it's ready.

Ah, I think I'll go catch a few episodes of Bleach, work on my long over-due post for Wavey's tumblr and then more Boo. That chapter will be here before we know it, I'm sure.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:42 am

juleppony wrote:*pokes head in*

Oy. Y'all ragtag vagabonds invaded a new place? After running up 3 posts of comments at EqD? Tsk!
Welcome back, Julep. Twilight Sparkle
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:57 am

jacky2734 wrote:
2.)Go to the SCP site.
3.)Read a book.
6.)Meditate
8.)Sleep
9.)Do chores
10.) Go to work.

11.) Try to read our RP from first thread and to last one, without skips.

Maybe that take more than 24 hours Spike
Also, I'll just post this here, because I can, lol. Trollestia
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:02 am

jacky2734 wrote:
I do believe he's in the middle of doing mass-edits before he posts it on FimFiction. He's already brushed through a lot of his older/other stuff and put it up.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:07 am

Jeremyrush wrote:So I need to burn 24 hours. Anyone have any good methods?

-Read books
-Do a season marathon on a good SF series
-Play Dwarf Fortress
-Play a Black Isle / Obsidian / Bioware RPG
-Sleep
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootayay Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:30 am

jacky2734 wrote:
Pen Stroke is currently making a season 2 canon version for the Past Sins Print Project, it's probably going to be finished soon.
Scootayay
Scootayay
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:52 am

Eh. Canon non-compliance bothers me a bit if it's breaking things as I'm reading it, but I feel no need to go back and read a new version of an old story. Maybe if it was Fo:E or PH or one of the others I'd like to reread anyway, but I doubt I'll go back to Past Sins any time soon. It's a good story, but (IMHO) nowhere near the masterpiece the fans tend to make it out to be. And I have so many things I need to read, several of which probably are masterpieces, so... maybe I'll get bored in a decade or two?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:14 am

scootayay wrote:Pen Stroke is currently making a season 2 canon version for the Past Sins Print Project, it's probably going to be finished soon.
Wow, they're seriously going back and changing things to make it compliant with season 2 canon?...
In all honesty, Past Sins died for me the first time they completely revamped it after chapter 11 or so. Were some of the characters "out of character"? Maybe... but there was raw emotion in the first version of the story, and after the rewrite it was just gone.
I re-read it eventually, simply out of a sense of duty, but I didn't enjoy it very much, and I doubt I'd enjoy reading it again any better.

On a completely unrelated note, I really want to ask everyone about something while we're waiting for the new chapter, but I don't want to start it with the thread break so close, and then tomorrow the chapter will be out so...
*yells into a pillow in frustration and goes back to drawing Wavey*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:27 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:On a completely unrelated note, I really want to ask everyone about something while we're waiting for the new chapter, but I don't want to start it with the thread break so close, and then tomorrow the chapter will be out so...
*yells into a pillow in frustration and goes back to drawing Wavey*
We don't know the new chapter is tomorrow, but it seems likely to appear this weekend. I suppose the other solution would be to spam meaningless posts until the thread break?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:41 am

Sindri wrote:We don't know the new chapter is tomorrow, but it seems likely to appear this weekend. I suppose the other solution would be to spam meaningless posts until the thread break?
Well, "possibly tomorrow" at any rate, anyway the other part of the problem is, it's 4:30, again, somehow... and I really can't stay awake much longer... well by the time I get on tomorrow the new thread should be up and several pages in, I'll just deal with it.

And of course sir, I would never post meaningless spam... that's just uncouth. In fact, to prove how not meaningless this post is, have a random picture of Boo that I just happened to have around from a while back and never posted.

Spoiler:

*collapses off to sleep*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:36 am

(Ha, woops, deleted my post by hitting F5... yay, human error!)

Gasp! I go to sleep for an entire day, and wonderful things happen! Correlation, or causation? Tilt

-Mint's back! Hi, Minty!
-Somber and the team have reconciled!
-Chapter 40 is longer!
-Chapter 40 is still coming out soon!
-Official confirmation on the "Garnet et al. are OIA interfaces with the main ministries!" Which I thought was pretty much certain, but now we have a list! (Oh, and IIRC Glass might've been involved with the brain-bots stuff because Image was researching spells on transferring consciousness... actually, I'm not sure that it's been explicitly stated, but there's some weird bit early on about Image spells being involved with the suspended animation used on the children in the hospital, and they were manipulating robots from within their stasis beds...)
-Mo' Boo, mo' better!

I think that's it! Oh, and Ryx, I expect you can ask your thing and receive answers before the chapter comes out, probably. We're pretty spread out over timezones and all, and, worst comes to worst, everyone shows up when a new chapter comes out, and can talk about your question AND the chapter in the same post. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by juleppony Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:12 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:

HNNNNGH.

Boo, this early in the morning. My poor arteries.

(24 hours to kill? You could get through, what... 3 acts of Homestuck in that time? Read all of Digger? Read all of Allegrezza? Catch up on a couple of the best sidefics: New Beginnings, Salvage, Ditzy Doo Chronicles...)
juleppony
juleppony
Foal

Brohoof! : 3

http://juleppony.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next