Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Wigglejigglesquiggle
Rickyking
CamoBadger
LordsServant
Mobius04
Princess Celestia
Vergil
Quotidian
Rafafidi
OneMoreDaySK
RandomBlank
Snowy Flanks
Icy Shake
hawkeye92
Mister Nikel
Moodyman90
The Holy Tuna
Professor Whooves
Stringtheory
tylertoon2
Ametros
Scootayay
Valikdu
Katarn
Jeremyrush
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
jacky2734
FeatherDust
Scyto Harmony
MrMagma
Sindri
juleppony
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Ketchup
NoodleNugget
Admiral Stoic Rum
Aonee
RoboRed
Cptadder
Kippershy
Kattlarv
Somber
SilentCarto
49 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:29 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Sw1tch10
Source

Welcome to the Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Thread!
This is the place to discuss Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons, a Fallout/MLP:FiM crossover fic by Somber. Story discussion is on the left, group therapy to the right. Please try to schedule your emotional breakdowns when they don't conflict with anyone else's.

Rules
We have just a few simple rules here.

1. Don't put down Somber.
  2. Project Horizons is a grimdark fic which deals with adult topics, so we might discuss subjects that some readers may find uncomfortable. Be mature about it.
  3. If Somber or a member of the editing team says to end a discussion, please do so.
  4. Spoilers abound. If you're not current on the fic, we recommend that you catch up before you read on.
  5. Expect random discussions that may or may not have anything to do with the story.
  6. Have fun!

People You Should Know
Somber: The author of Project Horizons, creator of Blackjack, maker of awesomeness, is a small gray mare who lives in the head of a guy named David. Ignore her claims of suckage.
Bronode, O. Hinds, and Snipehamster: Your editing team, presented in alphabetical order. They make awesome writing look all shiny and pretty.
Kkat: The author of the original Fallout: Equestria. Not a participant in this discussion (yet), but you should be aware of her anyway. If you haven't read FOE, why are you even here? Go! Read!

Somber's Tip Jar
Thank-yous of the monetary variety may be made through PayPal. Simply click on Send Money, send it to David13ushey@gmail.com and mark it as a personal gift.

Story Links
GoogleDocs chapter index - Links to every chapter, plus FOE and FOEPH resources, media, and story download formats.
.epub Format - Thanks to Scorch_Mechanic.
LaTeX ebook .pdf - Thanks to ThePowersGang.
Nallar's Fanfic Archive - An auto-updated collection of fics offered in a variety of formats including Kindle .mobi, .epub, and .html.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:39 pm

MoP was Garnet. MoI was Glass. MoM was Quartz. Maw was Sapphire. MWT was Onyx. MAS: Emerald.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kattlarv Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:39 pm

@Robo: Kai, I'll be waiting in my lair *Waggles eyebrows*

@Swicked: (Box) Ah, I see. Well, there's pretty much that about everything :P

@Everypony: (Pussy) Imo, most people just can't handle it, or even know how to. Heck, just take society ~100 years ago.
On a slight side note: Found this quote amusing: "Don't be a pussy when eating pussy" xP

Also: Augh! Curse your odd system of counting, have some comic! http://9gag.com/gag/4450803

@Kipper: (Surgery)
Spoiler:

@Rafa: (Asexuals) PH seems to attract the "odd" people, asexuals, transexuals, whatever the hell I am, depressed people, generally reckless/quirky people and whatnot :P

@Waffle (Mane 6) Actually, imo, Rarity could have been saved as well. She just seemed to do the most stupid and sacrificial options she could at the time. As for Twi, she had some sort of anti-magic field around the test thingy right? Then again, random teleportation might not have been that safe. But yeah, it kinda de-saddened Pinkie's death a bit. But I can't complain to much, I did a similar thing with a certain foal from a certain story with my FoE group. Really doubt if she'd managed to make it out of the everfree with Shy, or if they'd even survive in the wastes, but who knows.

@Sindri: (faith) How dare you have faith in humanity?! Go back to your cage xD

Re: Academy dream: I think that particular one was just a thought up one, a dream. Since even if it fucked up in it, it could have stopped some of the more batshit crazy stuff, possibly.

On a side note, I'm glad no-one got my shroom+taco/waffle joke heh.

On another side note, mostly about drugs: A female friend of mine kinda starts "flooding" when she's high on pot, having to drink a lot. Like really, if she sits on something, it will start to become a puddle underneath her. Her lubricant production shoots through the roof. It's kinda weird yet funny imo. xP

Also, if I've ever missed to reply to anything, just poke me about it, I likely just missed it.

@Ice: (Sex) Eh, it's chill to not want it imo. I'd just simply mentally cross a "nope" in page of "possibly chance of head" list xD And that sounded kinda wrong... and a bit selfish, I think...

@Wave: When in doubt, apply more Boo.
In case of emergency: Open snack cake.

@Everypony: (Chapter progress) I will stay out of this, will do more good than if I get involved.

@Night: Tbh, I have entirely forgot what "alignment" you are, and what type of content you like xP

@Everypony: (Somber) Okay, I know this might be a kinda bad .... whatever it now would be considered as but:
Spoiler:
@Silent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucE05W3W8WA [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 3317934462
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Right, whoever fuckin' downvoted Sombers post; show yourself.
I'll fight ya to the death. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 2276801876

Kim: Completely correct. too tight. Honestly can't believe I went as long as I did without the courage to go to a doctor about it all - glad I did in the end, but it didn't help that the doctor initially said there was nothing wrong with me.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:48 pm

So we broke the 990 post again, and it looks like my Handlers theory was partially confirmed by somber. Liaisons to the ministries who also it seems worked with agents within the ministry or at least watched over them in the case of Pslam and Garnet.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Rafa: (Asexuals) PH seems to attract the "odd" people, asexuals, transexuals, whatever the hell I am, depressed people, generally reckless/quirky people and whatnot :P

Originally missed this - how many do I fit under? did you write 'reckless' just for me? ;) haha
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:50 pm

WHO DARE GIVETH OUR LORD SOMBER A NEGATIVE BROHOOF?!?!?

Kattlarv wrote:
@Robo: Kai, I'll be waiting in my lair *Waggles eyebrows*
Eh-heh-heh-heh...right...^_^;
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Gilda Warning: This post contains hazardous levels of snark, sass, and sarcasm. Proceed with caution. Gilda

Somber wrote:MoP was Garnet. MoI was Glass. MoM was Quartz. Maw was Sapphire. MWT was Onyx. MAS: Emerald.
By the way, Vader's his father, it's a sled, the planet was Earth all along, it's made of people, and Snape kills Dumbledore. Applejacks

Kattlarv wrote:@Silent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucE05W3W8WA [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 3317934462
I really have no idea what you're replying to. We have a quote button for a reason... please use it.

Kippershy wrote:Right, whoever fuckin' downvoted Sombers post; show yourself.
I'll fight ya to the death. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 2276801876
RoboRed wrote:WHO DARE GIVETH OUR LORD SOMBER A NEGATIVE BROHOOF?!?!?
Yo. How

SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Somber wrote:MoP was Garnet. MoI was Glass. MoM was Quartz. Maw was Sapphire. MWT was Onyx. MAS: Emerald.
I totally called it.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:00 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Yo. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 920138312

...You are damned lucky I can't actually act out my threat. Otherwise, rather then throwing a punch I'd simply throw my whole body at you to knock you down/crush you and make you beg for forgiveness, then I'd offer you mercy...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kippershy on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Silent is entitled to saying he dislikes something somepony does, afterall, to him it was aspoiler...what is done is done there is no real fixing it...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Kippershy wrote:
SilentCarto wrote: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 2489886639 Warning: This post contains hazardous levels of snark, sass, and sarcasm. Proceed with caution. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 2489886639
Yo. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 920138312

...You are damned lucky I can't actually act out my threat. Otherwise, rather then throwing a punch I'd simply throw my whole body at you to knock you down/crush you and make you beg for forgiveness, then I'd offer you mercy...

Spoiler:

whoa there, calm down now.
also maybe shorten the quote? I know someone earlier mentioned how they hate long quotes or something.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm actually very calm, I just like to over exaggerate stuff.
It's like one time I was 'raging' over a good friend on /b/ and steamchat, but really, I was like this the whole time:

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 13323510

...yes, I'm that guy who likes to pretend he's enraged when he really doesn't give a fuck.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:15 pm

swicked wrote:

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion PHset.18

Laughed. it's just like the time when I was making wild speculation about Rampage and Somber came along and went: lolno, rampage is eternity.

...we had heard nothing of eternity other then one or two lines in the story at that point.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:18 pm

see we all look back on this stuff an just laugh...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:see we all look back on this stuff an just laugh...

Precisely. despite my previous actions and actions right now and how they make me seem - it's all a part of my humour.
I'm extremely laid back and don't care unless someone actually upsets him... which is when I'm not joking around - especially when it's been me that upset him.

...apart from when I was grumpy and said so last night.
that was a mixture of tiredness and hunger.

anyway, I'm off. goodnight all.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Kippershy wrote:I'm actually very calm, I just like to over exaggerate stuff.
It's like one time I was 'raging' over a good friend on /b/ and steamchat, but really, I was like this the whole time:

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 13323510

...yes, I'm that guy who likes to pretend he's enraged when he really doesn't give a fuck.

I know. This is the internet. if anything was meant to be taken seriously it wouldn't be here(minus research info)

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Kippershy wrote:...You are damned lucky I can't actually act out my threat. Otherwise, rather then throwing a punch I'd simply throw my whole body at you to knock you down/crush you and make you beg for forgiveness, then I'd offer you mercy...
I downvoted Somber's post, not Somber herself. Somber deserves hugs, but... nnnnngh. I know, it's not a very big spoiler. But PH runs on mysteries, and this is a mystery solved not by something directly in the text or by eking out clues, but simply by the word of god. Period, paragraph, subject ended.

I kinda felt the same way about the Project Eternity thing. If not for that we might still be speculating about whether Rampage was the end goal of Eternity, or just a proof of concept. Or whether she was Eternity at all. There would be excitement when Mr. Shears brought it up, because it means we're about to find out one more piece of the puzzle. But no, now it's cut and dried.

I could understand checking in to correct some turn of phrase that was misinterpreted or to clarify BJ's perception of an event. That's clarifying the connection between the reader and the protagonist whose life we're supposed to be experiencing. Dropping facts that BJ would have no way of knowing is something completely different.

P.S. Come at me, bro!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Our_final_battle_gif_by_subjectnumber2394-d4l9ywx

swicked wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion PHset.18
OK, that gave me a good chuckle.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm

swicked wrote:What's the most popular color of quartz?

Garnet is red, glass is clear/white, saphire is blue, onyx is black and emerald is green.
Artifact. Spike
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:31 pm

quartz can be many colors, usually a purple color or a pink hue in other samples... I thinkk it is what you get when amethyst fails to fully form...

I like amethyst....
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:quartz can be many colors, usually a purple color or a pink hue in other samples... I thinkk it is what you get when amethyst fails to fully form...

I like amethyst....
I think I heard somewhere that Quartz is responsible for Fool's Gold, if it helps any.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:39 pm

swicked wrote:What's the most popular color of quartz?

Garnet is red, glass is clear/white, saphire is blue, onyx is black and emerald is green.

Wiki says it can be any color from colorless to black. so pretty much every color.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:49 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Kippershy wrote:...You are damned lucky I can't actually act out my threat. Otherwise, rather then throwing a punch I'd simply throw my whole body at you to knock you down/crush you and make you beg for forgiveness, then I'd offer you mercy...
I downvoted Somber's post, not Somber herself. Somber deserves hugs, but... nnnnngh. I know, it's not a very big spoiler. But PH runs on mysteries, and this is a mystery solved not by something directly in the text or by eking out clues, but simply by the word of god. Period, paragraph, subject ended.
I don't think it's even a spoiler at all. It's just information. I seriously doubt knowing it will affect the story in any way. It's like when J.K. Rowling told everyone that Dumbledore was actually gay. it's just information that people were asking about. you guys were curious and Somber was just trying to help.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:18 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:I'll send this to you in a PM too, sir, just in case you miss it, but I really do hope things will turn out alright. If there's any possible way we can help please let us know.
*hugs*:

This. A thousand times this!
One thousand hugs. <3

RoboRed wrote:...I think I'll be feeling warm and fuzzy for the rest of the day...
Boo hugs will do that. <3

swicked wrote:You know what would be funny for me?
If Somber
introduced a pony named "And" or "The" just so that no one could do a
word search for instances of the character without going insane.
But, then again, I'm a sadist XD
That would actually be extremely hilarious, I would totally support this.

SilentCarto wrote:Welcome to the Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Thread!
Nice snag for the top of the new thread break, heh.

Kattlarv wrote:@Wave: When in doubt, apply more Boo.
In case of emergency: Open snack cake.
Exacta. Boo fixes everything, even situations you didn't even know needed fixing.
Tactical cake strike makes good back-up.

SilentCarto wrote:By the way, Vader's his father,
it's a sled, the planet was Earth all along, it's made of people, and
Snape kills Dumbledore.
"NOOOOOOO!"

Honestly I don't see what the problem is... I mean sure it's technically spoiler information, but what does it really tell us? Not a whole lot... Or maybe it just doesn't tell me a whole lot, since I'm not a clever pony like you all are.

swicked wrote:[Speculation]
Heh, that works, keep up the good work, sir.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:19 pm

NoodleNugget wrote:Wiki says it can be any color from colorless to black. so pretty much every color.
Equestria has rainbow quartz. Because rainbows. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 3845856932

Last edited by Derpmind on Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!)
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by juleppony Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:32 pm

*pokes head in*

Oy. Y'all ragtag vagabonds invaded a new place? After running up 3 posts of comments at EqD? Tsk!
juleppony
juleppony
Foal

Brohoof! : 3

http://juleppony.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:33 pm

SilentCarto wrote:“Oh well. In four days, it either won’t matter, or it won’t matter.”
That pretty much confirms that she knew the day of balefire. At least a week in advance. Meaning this wasn't one side firing in panic or desperation and the other reacting, this was a conscious decision to end the world.

Kattlarv wrote:Re: Academy dream: I think that particular one was just a thought up one, a dream. Since even if it fucked up in it, it could have stopped some of the more batshit crazy stuff, possibly.
No, the events of the academy dream caused the batshittery. Celestia reacted just like they thought she would, excited about how well things went, praising Psalm, and presenting the example to the zebra government as an example of how they could get along. The zebras would see nothing but the refugees killed by automated systems before they were stopped. Right when the Princess through she'd practically achieved peace, zebra agents fill Littlehorn with Pink Cloud. Celestia can't believe she was so wrong, loses all faith in her ability to lead, and abdicates. Psalm blames herself for what happened and goes slowly insane.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:33 pm

juleppony wrote:
Hey! Nobody tells us ragtag vagabonds where we can and can't invade!
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:42 pm

juleppony wrote:*pokes head in*

Oy. Y'all ragtag vagabonds invaded a new place? After running up 3 posts of comments at EqD? Tsk!

Invade is such a dirty word. I'd rather use the phrase 'forcefully acquired without any opposition.' Silly!

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:42 pm

juleppony wrote:*pokes head in*

You're here now. Soon you will be one of us.

One of us. One of us. One of us. Crazy
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next