Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Stringtheory
Scootayay
Elexius
Paper Airplane
NoodleNugget
Jeremyrush
Rboy474
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
nallar
XT Vengeance
Mech
SubjectSigma
Rafafidi
Valikdu
Snipehamster
Somber
Kattlarv
Spitfire
Game Master
RandomBlank
Ametros
Moodyman90
Katarn
Necr0maNceR
Derpmind
Meleagridis
Scyto Harmony
Rickyking
Apple Crumble
O. Hinds
WavemasterRyx
CamoBadger
Orm
Sindri
RoboRed
Ketchup
Kippershy
Princess Celestia
jacky2734
MrMagma
Curebores
Littlepip
Formis_Fluttergod
SilentCarto
49 posters

Page 8 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Meleagridis Thu May 10, 2012 2:57 pm

jacky2734 wrote: I'd probably be one of the monsters Blackjack is trying to stop.

Bitter. When you say monster, is there a monster in mind? A tragic one? Unrepentant? Well meaning? Gorgon? Brass? The Hoppers? My apologies if I am at all prying.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RandomBlank Thu May 10, 2012 2:58 pm

My character only exists far back in the background of PH, was a major one for FoE though. I identify with him so strongly, that I answer questions for him :)
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Hmmm, of the PH character's who do I most identify with... that's actually a hard question to answer.

Oh yes, I can pick and pull different traits off all of them that fit, but I don't think I can just pick one and stick with it. And I know that's true for most people here but I don't think I could pick if you was to take all the traits that fit me and make a new character out of them.

As for FOE in general, I'd have to go with Calamity.
And as for who I'd really be in that universe, probably some no-named guy who would be lucky to survive the inevitable attack by raiders at his home. And suddenly I have to go over and rethink the story I'm working on cause that's how I get my character out into the wasteland proper instead of staying on the farm...
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu May 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Kattlarv wrote:but it just crossed my mind that Celestia might swing both ways.
I suspect that after a few thousand years she's given pretty much everything a try at least once.
Kippershy wrote:That was scary.
Here, try this to clear your head.
Somber wrote:Um... Hello. I made it? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 2959915888
And it had to be during the four hours I slept. Regardless, HUGS!! Chicken
SilentCarto wrote:I did put in a crew section... unless you mean just introducing the various regulars?
I believe they were referring to a topic in the introductions section of the forum, to introduce our little band of lunatics, rather than the expository posts you put at the top of this thread.
Meleagridis wrote:Hm. I've got to ask (and this is for everyone, not just Kip!) to whom do you most relate in Somber's work? When you read, who says what you're thinking? Who says what you wish you were thinking? Extra credit for why.
Hrm... Well, there isn't a perfect fit, but I'm gonna go with mostly Glory. Intelligent and educated, in it mostly for the SCIENCE! (and to help people), constantly analyzing the technical details of things but still working on figuring out how the world works on a macroscopic level. Maybe with a bit of P-21; tending toward the cynical and the alone, and capable of a lot but requiring a push to get started and do more than survive.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Celestia Thu May 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Sindri wrote:
I suspect that after a few thousand years she's given pretty much everything a try at least once.

I decline to comment.

As for the identifying question, I guess I don't really identify with anypony in particular, but I feel like i understand them all.
That also reminds me of a thing I admire about Sombers writing: the ability to create villains with depth.
As far as I remember off the top of my head, all major villains have been given some backstory.
The freshest example in my mind is Sanguine. I really like what was done with him, it gave a whole lot more depth and feeling to the whole thing.
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu May 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Away since 2AM, now 4PM, and the page number doubled. I don't know if it was wise to let the infection in. BUT WE ARE HERE NOW! BWAHAHA... Nah, we'll be pretty tame, I think.
A character I am most like... Hmm. I have no idea. Either Glory or Scotch, since I like to think I'm smart, but it reflects less on my grades and more to the form of being a lot of trivial facts about bumblebees, rubber, ants, etc.

Last edited by ketchup504 on Thu May 10, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor mistake.)
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu May 10, 2012 3:28 pm

...so I built a huge tower (goes above the clouds) with an explosion-resistant wall, put an image of Twilight's cutiemark on it and will now put all kinds of machines inside.
Minecraft FTW.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Sindri wrote:
Kippershy wrote:That was scary.

Already seen it, but thank you! It is truly adorable.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu May 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Somber wrote:Um... Hello. I made it? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 2959915888
I'm glad you could make it, my lord. *hugs*

@OAC, Random and everyone else that's joined
Yay! Now everything's looking much more normal in here.

Kippershy wrote:
I'll show you something amazing:
There used to be an amv of that song paired with Fullmetal Alchemist... so much more amusing that way.

Kattlarv wrote:
@Wave: That's okay. And I guess not many are up
for discussing how stupid some of the pairings are, and some of the
"pondering pairings".
Ah, maybe I just missed it when I was looking... admittedly, I'm not in
the best frame of mind to be searching for in-depth conversation
anyways. But if you feel like reposting it you should, certainly.

Littlepip wrote:I can proudly announce;

I just read chapter one of PH! :D
Yay!

Meleagridis wrote:
Hm. I've got to ask (and this is for everyone,
not just Kip!) to whom do you most relate in Somber's work? When you
read, who says what you're thinking? Who says what you wish you were
thinking? Extra credit for why.
As much as I love Boo and Rampage, and for as much as I can see myself in Blackjack... I still think the character I relate to most is Caprice... I want everyone to be happy, and have fun... and I make terrible decisions sometimes.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Princess Celestia wrote:
Sindri wrote:

I decline to comment.

As for the identifying question, I guess I don't really identify with anypony in particular, but I feel like i understand them all.
That also reminds me of a thing I admire about Sombers writing: the ability to create villains with depth.
As far as I remember off the top of my head, all major villains have been given some backstory.
The freshest example in my mind is Sanguine. I really like what was done with him, it gave a whole lot more depth and feeling to the whole thing.

This is definitely something I'm going to be doing, but no doubt I'll find it a lot harder then Somber did.
Still, I have some backstory planned out... just gotta figure out how Somber does it so effortlessly and make it so... amazing.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu May 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
jacky2734 wrote: I'd probably be one of the monsters Blackjack is trying to stop.

Bitter. When you say monster, is there a monster in mind? A tragic one? Unrepentant? Well meaning? Gorgon? Brass? The Hoppers? My apologies if I am at all prying.

What's a good way to put it? Think Colonel Mustang from FMA if his friends hadn't stopped him from killing Envy.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Littlepip wrote:I can proudly announce;

I just read chapter one of PH! :D

Yay, Now your epic journey begins! :D

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Hm. I've got to ask (and this is for everyone, not just Kip!) to whom do you most relate in Somber's work? When you read, who says what you're thinking? Who says what you wish you were thinking? Extra credit for why.

I relate closest to Blackjack.
-Made terrible mistakes in my past
-Would much rather not kill anyone, but I will if I absolutely have to
-Humor
-Self-sacrifice (I'd die to protect my family and friends.)

Although my thought process (which Blackjack kinda lacks) is a little more rational (and cynical), so in that regard, I relate closer to P-21.

Sindri wrote:
I watched that earlier this morning. My head was full of d'aww and elevator music for a couple hours.

Valikdu wrote:...so I built a huge tower (goes above the clouds) with an explosion-resistant wall, put an image of Twilight's cutiemark on it and will now put all kinds of machines inside.
Minecraft FTW.

Is there any room and board in this Tower of Twilight?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu May 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Valikdu wrote:...so I built a huge tower (goes above the clouds) with an explosion-resistant wall, put an image of Twilight's cutiemark on it and will now put all kinds of machines inside.
Minecraft FTW.
Would it be possible to play Minecraft with you, Valik? Or are you operating on singleplayer or the new 360 port? That is, if you want to.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 4:02 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Minecraft FTW.

Is there any room and board in this Tower of Twilight?

ketchup504 wrote:
Valikdu wrote:...so I built a huge tower (goes
above the clouds) with an explosion-resistant wall, put an image of
Twilight's cutiemark on it and will now put all kinds of machines
inside.
Minecraft FTW.
Would it be possible to play
Minecraft with you, Valik? Or are you operating on singleplayer or the
new 360 port? That is, if you want to.

Agreed. I would also be happy to play Minecraft with any of you (it's no fun alone!)
PC or Xbox - I'm considering buying the xbox version anyway for local co-op with friends and such, so whichever - if that is an option
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu May 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Kippershy wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:
inside.
Minecraft FTW.

Agreed. I would also be happy to play Minecraft with any of you (it's no fun alone!)
PC or Xbox - I'm considering buying the xbox version anyway for local co-op with friends and such, so whichever - if that is an option
I think the whole purpose of releasing an Xbox version was for local Coop, but my friends say it is currently only in 1.6 Beta, not full yet, so it would be incompatible at the moment but there will be interplatform play AFAIK.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu May 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Slight problem: the server is russian. That means, some (or most...) people there may have communication problems with you (as in, they might not speak english).
Although, if you promise not to break stuff and I vouch for you, they'll probably let you in. Not breaking stuff is mandatory (it's the MLP community server, no griefing, friendship, magic).
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu May 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Valikdu wrote:Slight problem: the server is russian. That means, some (or most...) people there may have communication problems.
Although, if you promise not to break stuff and I vouch for you, they'll probably let you in.
If it is vanilla(no mods), those rules are fine by me.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu May 10, 2012 4:18 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Valikdu wrote:Slight problem: the server is russian. That means, some (or most...) people there may have communication problems.
Although, if you promise not to break stuff and I vouch for you, they'll probably let you in.

Not vanilla, we're using several mods. Industrial Craft is one.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 10, 2012 4:20 pm

After giving it some thought, since I had to go back to work and couldn't check it, I've remembered that the raider attack of my story is the prologue as the main character is dieing. What destroyed his slice of comfort and forced him out into the wasteland proper was a mad ghoul who was leading a large group of feral ghouls so he could "reclaim Equestria" for it's rightful owners.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 4:21 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:
inside.
Minecraft FTW.

I think the whole purpose of releasing an Xbox version was for local Coop, but my friends say it is currently only in 1.6 Beta, not full yet, so it would be incompatible at the moment but there will be interplatform play AFAIK.

Yup. 1.6 sounds about right.
It's got powered rails, hatch (trap) doors, nether portal and wolves (according to achievement - not brought full game to find out yet though) but it hasn't got stuff like enchanting or slendermen and such.

It's getting updated though apparently, and the only reason it is behind the PC is because they had to use whatever build was out at the time (or in development at the time) from when they first started, to make things a bit more simple.
The idea is they'll be developing all the new updates into one massive update or something and make it jump from current state to up-to-date in one go, I reckon. (Any more then 5 patches and they have to pay).
They have announced they will be bringing it up to date, but not when.

As for the interplatforming - didn't hear about that, would be totally awesome though, but at the same time I can see that causing problems with stuff like mods.
(though I suppose servers which were interplatform compatible would be a strict no PC mod setting)

Valikdu wrote:Slight problem: the server is russian. That means, some
(or most...) people there may have communication problems with you (as
in, they might not speak english).
Although, if you promise not to
break stuff and I vouch for you, they'll probably let you in. Not
breaking stuff is mandatory (it's the MLP community server, no griefing,
friendship, magic).

Damn, that kills it for me.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu May 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Valikdu wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:

Not vanilla, we're using several mods. Industrial Craft is one.
As much as I liked IndustrialCraft on the multiplayer server my bro hosted, I don't want to play it again, or install it, but thanks for being nice about it.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu May 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Kippershy wrote:
As for the interplatforming - didn't hear about that, would be totally awesome though, but at the same time I can see that causing problems with stuff like mods.
(though I suppose servers which were interplatform compatible would be a strict no PC mod setting)
I think it will have integrated Bukkit, a community server-based mod system.
Edit: this has nothing to do with PH at all. Lulz.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Well, it is stated in the rules we'll probably go on tangents that aren't PH based, so Minecraft is cool.
Haven't played it with mods, I'm cool with the vanilla game.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Industrial craft? Ugh, sorry. I had a bitch of a time trying to get it to work the last time I tried it. No thanks. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 1751538862
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 4:45 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
As for the interplatforming -
didn't hear about that, would be totally awesome though, but at the
same time I can see that causing problems with stuff like mods.
I think it will have integrated Bukkit, a community server-based mod system.
Edit: this has nothing to do with PH at all. Lulz.
I was just looking through the industrial craft wiki...

confusing as fuck.
though the premise is cool as fuck.
Makes it a lot more technical, it seems.

And as stated, we never do stick to purely PH conversations, do we? though the mods know it and we all knew it anyway, so it's not a problem.

Disrupting the flow of reviews and such with off topic conversation? sure, that's not something we should do, but between chapters when the reviews are all released (which reminds me - I forgot to get round to my review... damn it.) its not really a problem.

unrelated; look to the left

Top posters this week
Top posters this month

... ... ...I don't know how to feel.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 10, 2012 4:49 pm

It's to the right for me, but congrats Kippershy! haha.
But yes, during chapter reviews we shouldn't go into "I bought the most awesome shirt today!", but in this down time I think we're allowed to chill with off topic stuff.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu May 10, 2012 4:55 pm

@Kipper(is it alright to still do this?)
I think we will all take a place up there at some point, given how manic our bunch gets. We are taking at least half a page to talk about Minecraft. And, the stats are at the top right on my browser.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Somber wrote:Um... Hello. I made it?
Somber's here! ALL HAIL OUR GREY GODDESS!

Meleagridis wrote:Hm. I've got to ask (and this is for everyone, not just Kip!) to whom do you most relate in Somber's work? When you read, who says what you're thinking? Who says what you wish you were thinking? Extra credit for why.
Glory, for pretty much the same reasons Twilight is my bestpony.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 5:08 pm

ketchup504 wrote:@Kipper(is it alright to still do this?)
I think we will all take a place up there at some point, given how manic our bunch gets. We are taking at least half a page to talk about Minecraft. And, the stats are at the top right on my browser.

Moodyman90 wrote:It's to the right for me, but congrats Kippershy! haha.
But
yes, during chapter reviews we shouldn't go into "I bought the most
awesome shirt today!", but in this down time I think we're allowed to
chill with off topic stuff.

My brain herped so hard it derped.
To the right, even.
I don't even know how I made that mistake. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 1751538862 [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 1751538862 [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 1751538862 [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 1751538862 [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 1751538862 [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 1751538862 [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 1751538862
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next