Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Stringtheory
Scootayay
Elexius
Paper Airplane
NoodleNugget
Jeremyrush
Rboy474
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
nallar
XT Vengeance
Mech
SubjectSigma
Rafafidi
Valikdu
Snipehamster
Somber
Kattlarv
Spitfire
Game Master
RandomBlank
Ametros
Moodyman90
Katarn
Necr0maNceR
Derpmind
Meleagridis
Scyto Harmony
Rickyking
Apple Crumble
O. Hinds
WavemasterRyx
CamoBadger
Orm
Sindri
RoboRed
Ketchup
Kippershy
Princess Celestia
jacky2734
MrMagma
Curebores
Littlepip
Formis_Fluttergod
SilentCarto
49 posters

Page 7 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger Thu May 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Kippershy wrote:

I like you -smiles-
(hint; this is probably not a good thing, because I've been known to say things such as the need for beating the bad feelings out of Somber to try cheer him up with jokes... Didn't work)

Is it bad if I laughed?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Somber, hi Snipehamster, hi kim! (Hi anyone else I missed, I can only remember things that happened like... two pages ago, max)

Started another re-read of PH, because I needed something to do at the airport and because, y'know, awesomeness (and coolness and radicalness)! Kinda forgot how long 2000+ pages actually is, heh... But anyway! Two things: "Only our constant devotion to the Princesses had carried us through that terrible war, just as our unwavering faith in the Overmare maintained our continued survival within the earth." -In light of the fate of 99, this quote seems like it might be important, if only thematically. As in, maybe devotion to the Princesses (on the part of Goldie, perhaps?) ended up annihilating stuff?

And then: "Pony gadgets wandering all over the Core. Dangerous critters, too. You see a pony made of wires and lights, you best run. Can’t kill ‘em." I forget if this has been brought up already, but this line from Scoodle sounds a whole lot like the first encounter (that we know of) with the cyberdaemon. And even though there's probably just the one cyberdaemon, Scoodle seems to suggest that there may be more than one of those come-to-life wire-monster things, or something. (Technically, I guess she could be talking about the normal roboponies, but they're not exactly made of just wires and lights, and are far from unkillable - BJ with a stick can take them out)

Also, holy crap, I need to stop falling in love with the story all over again... Wait, it's summer, I totally can do that! Yay!
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Nightmare Moon wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

I like you -smiles-
(hint; this is probably not a good thing, because I've been known to say things such as the need for beating the bad feelings out of Somber to try cheer him up with jokes... Didn't work)

Is it bad if I laughed?

Nope!
I'm actually a very affectionate, friendly, well meaning person.
Trouble is I'm also very brutish at times and have a damaged stupidity filter, I'll literally say something and not realise that it could be considered hurtful, or that maybe its a social landmine with some people.

When I was joking about beating the depression out of him, I honestly didn't mean to make him feel threatened, its just that I'm a large guy who can get hit by cars and laugh (proven fact, too) so I'm used to literally fighting my problems away, even if it is emotionally.

I mean well, I just don't think sometimes.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 pm

RoboRed wrote:Dang, you people are crazy...I leave it at 3 pages, I wake up the next day and it's up to 8...holy smokes.
Well, the pages aren't very long.

RoboRed wrote:Pretty sure the next number is supposed to be 13 (Fibonacci series)...
Oh hey, I can't math today. Applebloom *edit edit* Never. Happened.

Kippershy wrote:I'm not trying to mislead anyone - I simply meant that no other story had even managed to fill two threads.
damn that kicked into italics on its own... but I like it like that.
So yeah - not trying to be misleading, just pointing out just how much extra we managed
May I suggest, when you reply with a quote, that you clip it down to only the relevant comment?

Somber wrote:Um... Hello. I made it? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 2959915888
Yay! Our new house is a home now!

Meleagridis wrote:...Would anyone approve of a collective 'Project Horizons Crew' introduction in the greetings section? There are probably still a few forum dwellers wondering about the increase in traffic so we might as well put in a quick, 'By the way, a fandom emigrated to your forum' warning.
I did put in a crew section... unless you mean just introducing the various regulars?

Nightmare Moon wrote:And now the TRUE reason I am here (besides spying on you all Twilight crazy )
If any of you guys has any questions about the site, how it works, etc. etc. feel free to ask anyone you see with a Pink or Red name and we can help you out.
Well... I was kinda wondering if there would be any way to increase the posts-per-page. That's something most forums have as a user preference, and I was surprised to not find it here.

SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 12:27 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Kippershy wrote:I'm not trying to mislead anyone - I simply meant that no other story had even managed to fill two threads.
damn that kicked into italics on its own... but I like it like that.
So yeah - not trying to be misleading, just pointing out just how much extra we managed
May I suggest, when you reply with a quote, that you clip it down to only the relevant comment?

I'll be doing that from now on, after realising just how much I quoted.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Celestia Thu May 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Somber wrote:Um... Hello. I made it? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 2959915888

Even I bow down as our equestrian Overlord and Storyteller nonpareil arrives...

yay [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 1639762117
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 12:33 pm

>Join forum
>Somewhere around 24h in
>Have more page views then any other thread

...We're making our mark already, it seems.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu May 10, 2012 12:37 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Well... I was kinda wondering if there would be any way to increase the posts-per-page. That's something most forums have as a user preference, and I was surprised to not find it here.
Sadly, with forumotion only the admins can change that setting. I will get in touch with one of our admins here and see what I can do for you guys!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 12:38 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:@silent
We're not going to have our usual welcome at the beginning?
It's in the first paragraph...
Sorry about that my brain tends to skip text when there's bullets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Kippershy wrote:>Join forum
>Somewhere around 24h in
>Have more page views then any other thread

...We're making our mark already, it seems.

And we haven't even begun yet, Oh this will be fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Kippershy wrote:
I honestly didn't mean to make him feel threatened, its just that I'm a large guy who can get hit by cars and laugh (proven fact, too) so I'm used to literally fighting my problems away, even if it is emotionally.

That's just because you have this trait.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Thu May 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Fluttershy Yay

Hope everything is going well for you Somber, and everyone else.

I think the move is pretty much complete, just waiting on a few others IIRC

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 12:53 pm

TheLastDefender wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
I honestly didn't mean to make him feel threatened, its just that I'm a large guy who can get hit by cars and laugh (proven fact, too) so I'm used to literally fighting my problems away, even if it is emotionally.

That's just because you have this trait.

Pretty much...
Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu May 10, 2012 12:57 pm

My pony is augmented.

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Thu May 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Nightmare Moon wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

I like you -smiles-

Is it bad if I laughed?

Let me post a list of topics which, one by one, was discussed in depth, before Somber or somepony else would ask us to stop.

These are topics we are not supposed to discuss:
1. my kink is more exotic than yours
2. detailed physiology and anatomy of equine reproduction, violent equine mating behaviors
3. threats of violence against Somber, no matter how well-intentioned. Especially with sexual undertones.
4. superiority/inferiority of the human race, multiple ways our civilization is a hair's breadth from collapse; specieism.
5. real-life rape can be mentioned but we are not supposed to get into details.

(and so poor Kalom still thinks flare is a lighting device, and I can't explain due to 2.)
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu May 10, 2012 1:08 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:...Would anyone approve of a collective 'Project Horizons Crew' introduction in the greetings section? There are probably still a few forum dwellers wondering about the increase in traffic so we might as well put in a quick, 'By the way, a fandom emigrated to your forum' warning.
I did put in a crew section... unless you mean just introducing the various regulars?

I mean a post in Introductions. A concise explanation for the slight population explosion for anyone who doesn't feel like digging through our thread. A place for a quick rundown and (maybe) a place for the posters with lurkitis to put in a quick hello before running back to the PH thread proper. A few of the crew have put in their own introductions mentioning the exodus, but I'm looking at a post where the focus is the exodus.

Kippershy wrote:
Trouble is I'm also very brutish at times and have a damaged stupidity filter,
<cut>

Blackjack? No wonder you like Project Horizons so much.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Seeing how Somber has made it I guess the fun can really begin here.
Mwahahahahaha!
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 1:19 pm

[quote="Meleagridis"]
SilentCarto wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Trouble is I'm also very brutish at times and have a damaged stupidity filter,

Blackjack? No wonder you like Project Horizons so much.

Pretty much.
Why else would I (still) intend to get her C.M as a tattoo? hahaha.
Seriously though, now you point that out I see the similarities. Would explain (partially, other then the amazing author at least) why I feel so connected to her.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu May 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Seriously though, now you point that out I see the similarities. Would explain (partially, other then the amazing author at least) why I feel so connected to her.

Hm. I've got to ask (and this is for everyone, not just Kip!) to whom do you most relate in Somber's work? When you read, who says what you're thinking? Who says what you wish you were thinking? Extra credit for why.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

Hm. I've got to ask (and this is for everyone, not just Kip!) to whom do you most relate in Somber's work? When you read, who says what you're thinking? Who says what you wish you were thinking? Extra credit for why.

I feel closest to Blackjack in terms of who we are. We share ideals (mostly, anyway) and opinions (definitely). Neither of us truly enjoy fighting like a raider does, but come the time when we're forced to, we don't resent putting up a good fight either.
I wont say that I'm as lacking in intelligence as Blackjack is, in that sense I'm closer to P-21, but he's not me as a whole.

Direct similarities of me and BJ;

-enduring
-forgiving
-humour? I'd say so, personally
-the fact we've both tried suicide and got out lucky, ha.
-sacrifice
-the feeling that we're the ones who should suffer if it means that others don't.

I admire Glory the most in who would I want to cuddle up to, but BJ and me are pretty damn similar in those ways. (Don't know if anyone will agree, but I feel so personally, anyway).

P-21 is about the same intelligence - nothing super scientist, but damn smart and capable, just need the right push to actually go ahead and use it properly rather then just hanging back and seeing where it takes us.

Rampage and me would have a good tussle (fight) but I dunno. In some ways I'm like her (headstrong) but others I'm not.

So yeah, Blackjack, I'd say.

------
edit: I keep stealing the new pages! wooo! LOL
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Thu May 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

Hmmm. Interesting question you have put forward to us.Out of everyone portrayed in PH, I really couldn't narrow it down to less than 3 characters. I'm sorta the wild card in which I have certain elements Spike (unintentional reference FTW) of a lot of the characters. For example, I can't be bothered going into detail about this, as this requires thinking, which would put me as BJ. However I am rather smart which would put me in P-21's shoes (Horseshoes? Something else? IDK). So on, so forth. Maybe I'm developing Multiple Personality Disorder, or I just have sporadic personality changes (Hmmm seems I have some Rampage in me as well). Crazy My life ceased to make sense a long time ago. But where's the fun in making sense? (there I go again hohohoh)

I'll stop now.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu May 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Hm. I've got to ask (and this is for everyone, not just Kip!) to whom do you most relate in Somber's work? When you read, who says what you're thinking? Who says what you wish you were thinking? Extra credit for why.
I identify with Glory, for the most part, though I have a much sharper and sillier sense of humor.
(Big shocker, Twilight is my favorite of the Mane Six.) Twilight Sparkle
Like her, I tend to approach obstacles from a logical perspective, but I trust my first instinct where conscience is concerned. And, you know, social awkwardness and stuff.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu May 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Ack! Everything is going on by so fast! I left at six pages, and now I have to read through five more!?

Sweet Celestia, this is going to be a hard thread to bookmark... Scootaloo
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu May 10, 2012 2:25 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:Ack! Everything is going on by so fast! I left at six pages, and now I have to read through five more!?

Sweet Celestia, this is going to be a hard thread to bookmark... [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 1751538862

Don't forget, it's just our common chatter. Image what will begun, when new chapter will come up =)
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 2:27 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:Ack! Everything is going on by so fast! I left at six pages, and now I have to read through five more!?

Sweet Celestia, this is going to be a hard thread to bookmark... [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 1751538862

Like Katarn said, this is general chatter. When a chapter is released it'll be 10x worse.

--------

edit: Anyone see that EQD special on FOE?
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/05/fallout-equestria-voices-from-wasteland.html

Last edited by Kippershy on Thu May 10, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Meleagridis wrote:

I would have to say I am closer to Glory than any other character. Reason being is that when I talk to people I can very literal at times. I also like to try and rationalize a situation before I take a course of action. I, as well, am socially awkward and tend to keep to myself and my studies.

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu May 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Kippershy wrote:Like Katarn said, this is general chatter. When a chapter is released it'll be 10x worse.
Naaah... this is about as bad as it gets. We're still metaphorically bouncing on the bed and flipping all the light switches. We'll settle down soon.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 2:32 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Like Katarn said, this is general chatter. When a chapter is released it'll be 10x worse.
Naaah... this is about as bad as it gets. We're still metaphorically bouncing on the bed and flipping all the light switches. We'll settle down soon.

-raises eyebrow at you-
you... you sure about that?
I only feel all the more at home in a forum environment...
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu May 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Meleagridis wrote:

Truth be told, I don't think I'm a good match for any of the PH characters. In fact, if I was in the FOE universe, I'd probably be one of the monsters Blackjack is trying to stop.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 2:55 pm

jacky2734 wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:

Truth be told, I don't think I'm a good match for any of the PH characters. In fact, if I was in the FOE universe, I'd probably be one of the monsters Blackjack is trying to stop.

If I was in the world of FOE, I would totally run up to her and just throw myself at her for a hug.
Literally just jump on at her.
Hopefully she sees the blue bar. hahaha.

As for who I'd be... I'd like to imagine myself as a travelling mercenary or something.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 33  Next