Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+49
Scienza
Tacoman587
Downloaded Skill
iLateralGX
Luminous Lead
atikin
Veradon Chimera
Caoimhe
Train Dodger
Laperlazus
Thoroar
Stack Trace
FoolNeim
nallar
Vixie
PeppyJoe
joltius
Strawberry
Technowolf
neoaustin
Anonymouss
BLame
Caringhide
Silver136
Vexd
decumos
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Blue Heron
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
MiniGaunt
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
FeatherDust
O. Hinds
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
JadedPony
CD
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Somber
ILM126
WavemasterRyx
Epsilon
Borsuq
53 posters

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Borsuq Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:36 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Regarding Rampage:

0_0:
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:03 pm

swicked wrote:...didn't your mom make you a Rampage hat years back? I remember the pictures. Has your opinion of Rampage changed?
Spoiler:

O. Hinds wrote:
Ryx wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

O. Hinds wrote:
Regarding Rampage:
Spoiler:

Last edited by WavemasterRyx on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:50 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Could be, could be, but I think everyone can agree that she almost certainly handled it better then, even if just for lack of other options.

O. Hinds wrote:@Icy Shake:
Why do you have a post here made entirely of quotes of other posts?
Looks like Cloudsville ate my responses. Let's see if I can recreate them.

O. Hinds wrote:
Vergil wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

O. Hinds wrote:
By the way...:
Spoiler:

decumos wrote:
74, duh!:
Spoiler:

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Some of the others are a bit iffy ("Are they referring to the Pink Cloud or using the definite article for other reasons to refer to a cloud that is pink and also is the Pink Cloud?"), but it'll be fine to just convert them all, I think.
They should all be lower-case. You capitalize the names of events (i.e. Black Death) but not specific things (bubonic plague) unless they contain a proper noun, such as a product or place name (Ebola virus.)
All true, but there's also a point to be made for consistency, and FoE almost exclusively capitalizes it.

Somber wrote:Okay.  So I hurt two of my editors and... made another really happy.  So I'm batting 2/1?
Well, I'm not one of your editors (on this one, anyway), but you can add me to the happy side of the broader count. I mean, it was sad, and painful, and dark, but all handled well, for the most part.
Spoiler:

swicked wrote:
Somber wrote:Okay.  So I hurt two of my editors and... made another really happy.  So I'm batting 2/1?
Maybe not happy. I don't know how to describe the feeling this is. Elation? Euphoria? Manic? Breathing hard, heart beating fast. The song helped. My eyes feel watery.
Maybe just adrenaline?

You made something increadibly powerful, here. Seriously, good job.
I'm glad I play some small role in this :)

I want to shake your hand. You are very good at this.

I remember you remarking once about how you have people to reign you in when you go too dark. Like you were going to with Boo gaining a soul in the core. I wish I could read a story of yours where you let yourself go that dark.
...or do you read stories like that? Have any recommendations? You're just so good at this Twilight Sparkle
I had a lot of the same feelings, and would be interested in seeing the same. I actually thought that the Boo scene would have been very interesting and am kind of sad it didn't happen, since it would be a great capstone to her arc. Also, I'm not sure that she's really had a ton to do since then.

O. Hinds wrote:
Regarding Rampage:
Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Not sure how clearly I stated it before, but I absolutely loved the chapter. It just also made me hurt. That's okay when done right like this.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexd Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Well,
that one thing:
Vexd
Vexd
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:52 pm

Spoiler:
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:25 am

Honestly The only Thing I could think about after I read this chapter:

Amazing Chapter all other thoughts aside
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:55 am

This latest chapter to me:
Spoilers:

I don't think Tom was all that bad. I don't know why Somber was so worried about him. I liked that one bastard with the gun.

My only Annoyance is that rampage didn't do the thing with the thing for P-21.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : -8

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:56 am

I now picture swicked as Nero playing his lyre while Rome burns.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:49 am

Alright now.. Just finished reading Chapter 74... Took me 2 hours O>O!

I will post a review later today... ;~; I'll try to...

The feels.... Scootaloo
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Well, I'm home from work with the Con Crud, so I might as well make use of my time and read this, huh? (Damn you, Norway! Stop bringing all your weird moon-microbes to Earth!*)

*(I have no idea whether the guy from Norway was responsible, but it was the farthest anyone traveled for the con, so I've chosen to blame him.)

Let me know if I get delirious or you notice me clocking yellow innocent humanism together.

Chapter 74 Commentary:

Editing:

...my god. Just... No comment at this time. Good chapter.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Her connection is Scotch. Her connection is her foals. Her connection is Chapel. She has a lot to fight for.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:32 pm

Don't think of it that way. We respond with strong emotions because you've made these characters real people to us. I wouldn't be reading right now if this was "This week on Project Horizons, everyone is happy and nothing in Hoofington ever goes wrong!"

Well, okay, I might, but still...

Icy Shake wrote:I disagree. I think that based on her actions, it's entirely possible she took it harder than the Nightmare incident, etc., and Luna may well be correct here. I just think that's a stupid, implausible plot point in FoE.
I'm shocked you can say that after seeing BJ's own battle with depression over her actions. Luna was a responsible adult who made her choices; banishing her was painful for Celestia, but she could take solace in the fact that she did what she did to protect her little ponies, and not doing so would have led to great suffering. The children of Littlehorn were innocents placed in the line of fire by Celestia's decisions alone, and their deaths were utterly pointless and made the situation worse. I'm not saying she should have been able to foresee this eventuality; of course not. But since when has that ever mattered to guilt?

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow. Hearts are not comparable, nor metric, with no form of measure because all of it is irreplaceable." --Monty Oum

O. Hinds wrote:I mentioned this before, but it may have gotten lost: Rampage could be very badly off, certainly, but she isn't necessarily so.  If the Astrostable survived, Rampage is likely to find her way there reasonably quickly, after which she could live relatively happily with the moon ponies.
Anyway, moonstone is a component in several painkillers, isn't it? She might wind up stoned out of her gourd, out chatting with the stars while her body is in agony on the lunar's surface...

O. Hinds wrote:And it's a Stable, albeit an unusually designed one partially on the surface.
That said, BJ saw the crater edges slumping into the crater, and if anything could break an astrostable, it would be massive geological disruption.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Icy Shake wrote:I really don't want the Legate (or EoS) to have the kind of shrill, screeching, raving breakdown that Cognitum did, and Steel Rain did, and Lighthooves did, and Dawn at least seemed in the danger of having, and Lancer had a mild form of in the Society. I guess Sanguine also went feral, but that was really after he lost (kind of won, actually), not while he was fighting/losing. I guess I've just kind of seen too much of that formula lately, though of course the way Cognitum was set up, there wasn't really another option.
I really liked the callback to the GIVE IT TO ME! Cognitum we first saw way back in chapter 26. Being in a pony body seemed to stabilize her somewhat.

Icy Shake wrote:Setting it up as not being a gigantic power boost, at any rate to the point of auto-winning against everything, was important, too.
That's an excellent point... despite her power boost, being able to fire many magic bullets at once and all, she immediately faced a situation she couldn't win with magic. Well, not with the spells she had on hand, anyway...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:07 pm

@SilentCarto:
Ah, thank you.

SilentCarto wrote:That star already consumed the sun and moon, the Eater can't blast them away by hatching or the entire set of spheres vanish.
I think that you may need to reread that paragraph, sorry. Firstly, it's not the Eater doing this; it's other stars. Secondly, the simulation is reset after each destruction so that the next one can be showcased.

SilentCarto wrote:Anyway, moonstone is a component in several painkillers, isn't it? She might wind up stoned out of her gourd, out chatting with the stars while her body is in agony on the lunar's surface...
Oh, yes, or that. Good point! :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:06 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Chapter 74 Commentary:
Spoiler:

SilentCarto wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

SilentCarto wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

SilentCarto wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:29 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:That star already consumed the sun and moon, the Eater can't blast them away by hatching or the entire set of spheres vanish.
I think that you may need to reread that paragraph, sorry.  Firstly, it's not the Eater doing this; it's other stars.  Secondly, the simulation is reset after each destruction so that the next one can be showcased.
Oh, I see. Thanks.

SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:58 am

Very good chapter, I really enjoyed it. And I actually agree with swicked.

Spoiler:
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:43 am

I was just thinking -- Given that Tom has to make that loopy path around the sun and moon, if it got launched with far more force than anticipated, shouldn't it be way off target now?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:55 am

Silver136 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

SilentCarto wrote:I was just thinking -- Given that Tom has to make that loopy path around the sun and moon, if it got launched with far more force than anticipated, shouldn't it be way off target now?
Not necessarily.  The gun could just have been using a larger force so that Tom would still be at the proper speed at the proper time; the launch was delayed, after all.  The chapter also doesn't say that it was the calculated launch force, even; it could have been something else.  Nor is it said just what the increases were...  There are so many unknowns that I don't think it's an issue.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:57 pm

There is an ending to this story in which #Tomorrow comes for everyone, P-21, Priest, Rampage, even Glory. I can see it. I just hope Somber can see it.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : -8

Back to top Go down

Post by Caringhide Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:22 am

Hi! Sorry for stupid question, but we reale need a picture of the Tokomare.
No one can understand how it looks.
Draw a picture, please!
Caringhide
Caringhide
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:29 am

Can't help you there, I'm afraid; my drawing skills are, um... lacking.
Welcome to the forum, though!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:27 am

Caringhide wrote:Hi! Sorry for stupid question, but we reale need a picture of the Tokomare.
No one can understand how it looks.
Draw a picture, please!
I picture it a lot like a Beacon from Dead Space, but with each "horn" much longer and more sharply tilted, and spaced much farther apart. (The whole thing is like a kilometer across, right?)
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 01_deadspace
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:28 am

I thought it should look like tokamak.
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:12 am

I always pictured it like one of those sand formations that occur when lightning strikes it, just much MUCH larger.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caringhide Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:48 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Beacon from Dead Space
decumos wrote:tokamak
Silver136 wrote:fulgurite?
Everyone sees something different. Apparently, description of Tokomare is not enough detailed? Or too much detailed? :D Still need a picture! :)
Caringhide
Caringhide
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:50 pm

Caringhide wrote:Everyone sees something different. Apparently, description of Tokomare is not enough detailed? Or too much detailed? :D Still need a picture! :)
Well aren't you demanding.

Here's the description we're given in chapter 65:
The cavity that surrounded us was more immense than anything I’d ever seen, in any memory or in person.  Six enormous stone pillars reinforced with unbreakable starmetal scaffolds kept the whole thing from collapsing, even as bits of the ceiling occasionally tumbled down around us.  And there, in the center, was what could only be one thing:
The Tokomare.
A pair of massive, corkscrew-like concentric starmetal spires rose from the immense underground lake that filled the bottom of the cavern, the inner coil climbing clockwise and the outer counterclockwise; in the center was a column of what I could only describe as brilliant white glow.  The whole looked to be at least a mile in diameter.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Should also be noted that currently, the main helices at least are very pitted and full of holes (large compared to pony scale, small compared to the Tokomare itself) from where mechasprites removed a bunch of starmetal for reinforcing or reconstructing the Core.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next