Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+14
Icy Shake
RoboRed
Epsilon
StoneSlinger88
brony all alone
Valikdu
Katarn
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
O. Hinds
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Stringtheory
18 posters

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Tytan wrote:

Then I tried to compare bronies to anime fans.

But according to Cunt, there's no such thing as anime for kids.

This particularly stuck out to me as weird because I always assumed that Anime simply was Japanese cartoons. While I personally don't watch a lot of anime I'd consider suitable for children it seems stupid to suggest Japan wouldn't have cartoons for children.

This is what bing had to say when I searched "Anime Define":

A style of japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Newly discovered feature of dayz:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:23 pm

If you hurry, and I mean hurry, you might be able to get Grimrock 2 on GOG for $12. Here. I have heard good things about it if you like dungeon crawlers. EDIT: It is over now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:53 pm

That face when you realize you could kill your squadmate and blame it on the pimp that's after him
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 5327-excited-black-man
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 am

Frost wrote:That face when you realize you could kill your squadmate and blame it on the pimp that's after him
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 5327-excited-black-man
Is he worth killing? Please tell me he's a shit human being... Crazy
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:23 am

I think I'm definitely starting to harden and crust over into a more cynical fuck as time goes on, since I find myself siding more and more with the cops as time goes on and more "Ermagerd, brutality" stories pop up (there's another one out today). That might just be me empathizing a bit, since this gate-guard detail has given us all a glimpse into the lives of police officers--and how much retarded bullshit they take from civilians and their chain of command alike. (Just the other day, some O3's fuck-ass dependa tried to get me in shit with my CO because I allegedly slightly loosened the fucking latching bracket of the hood on her soccer-mom SUV when I closed it--something she should have done herself, but she authorized me to do because she was feeling like a lazy cuntnozzle and was maintaining the barest veneer of compliance already)

In short; this is pretty much my opinion when I start hearing stories of "They killed him because he was black/latino/white/a whale/asian"

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 11034185_790669014355388_3731684927922651812_n
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:31 am

Some months ago, I wondered what would Trixie look like if she was also The Guardian of the Source. Don't ask why, I also don't know.

So, I went to the artist who creates the absolute best anthro art pieces.

And...

extremely saucy:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Valikdu wrote:Some months ago, I wondered what would Trixie look like if she was also The Guardian of the Source. Don't ask why, I also don't know.

So, I went to the artist who creates the absolute best anthro art pieces.

And...

extremely saucy:
Well played, convenient nipple lightning. Well played indeed.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:22 pm

TB played a game called phantom breaker battleground on WTF is, of course he played the steam version. When I checked it out I found people bitching about the lack of online co-op that it had in other versions. I picked it up for me and a friend on 360 and I think I know why it doesn't have online co-op on steam. You're supposed to start the game as an OP max level character and then the boss takes your powers away.

In online coop you start as a level 1 character and not only is the the first boss nearly impossible (Without cheese) because of it you can never access the level up screen in online co-op.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:14 pm

What if US states were consolidated / divided according to their population? (Edit: see next post)

Dat state of Idaho, mang.

Also, "State of Los Angeles". I feel like there's a number of jokes to be made there.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Where the map comes from: http://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/2xqfb6/what_a_map_of_the_united_states_would_look_like/
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:08 pm

actually that sounds like an interesting plot point for a story:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:25 am

Wall of text:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:30 am

@Iron
Sucks about the arm, but I think a mobile desktop's not a bad idea. Knew someone in college who brought a decent-sized tower to game nights pretty frequently. Good luck on the building!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:43 am

@Iron
I hope you'll get healed soon.
As for mobile desktop...only issue here (except smart cooling system and I mean smartly build, not with freaking AI) is video cards. Yes, cards. Two of them working in SLI or Crossfire mode (depends on you using nvidia or amd).
I'd recommend look for something like cooler master mini-tower series. But not necessary something from Cooler Masters, ofc. Like I've said, main problem would be fitting two video cards, mostly because of their big cooling system.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:48 am

Actually, I plan on modding out an HTPC case. Most of the ones that are tall enough to fit a GPU such as the R9 295x2 are actually wider and deeper than my current desktop, so I'm going to be doing some metal working and using risers to orient the GPU horizontally in a smaller case. However, that means the water coolers will have to go either on the top or the bottom, so my alternative idea is just dealing with the heavier case. I'm worried less about weight and more about sheer bulk.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:14 am

first the doors, then they'll learn how to drive:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:22 am

Drive-by:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:49 am

Finished Sunrider. The final part isn't out yet, so next up is Sunrider Academy.

...and this beginning has got to be the best way ever to start a spin-off game :D
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:48 pm

I'm not sure who here'll care, but the new Resident Evil actually look surprisingly good.

And apparently whoever wrote the story for it had a MASSIVE hardon for Kafka.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:01 am

@Tytan
New game, or movie? I played through the whole of RE6 with a friend in co-op and it was honestly one of the best video game experiences I've ever had, looking back. The game itself was pretty awful, mind you. So I'd care about RE7 looking like it had interesting writing, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:14 am

@OAC, I find it surprising anyone really enjoyed RE6. But I am talking about the new RE, but it's not RE7. This one's Revelations 2.

It's coming out episodically with a new episode a week for I-don't-know how long. Stars Barry Burton, his daughter, and Claire Redfield. And has asymmetrical Coop with intense looking combat and a surprisingly deep leveling system.

And like I said, the writer has a thing for Kafka. And from what I can tell it's main themes/devices appears to be fear.

First episode of two best friends lp:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:43 am

@Tytan
I'd compare RE6 to The Maze Runner, sort of - it's filled with stupid bullshit, it makes no sense, there's nothing in it that's not 100% pure ham, it fails every time it tries to do something dramatic or novel, and there's no reason you'd ever want to watch it on your own... but watching it with some friends while you make fun of it is pretty entertaining. RE6 was like that, except more so, because you could knock your co-op partner over with melee attacks, you could crawl around on your back and go up staircases like that while firing a shotgun into the air, and you got to reminisce about RE4 and how it did things so much better. And we played on the hardest difficulty available and were constantly dying and falling into open graves filled with water and getting killed by the stupid "throwback" camera angles and man, it was just great. The game sucks, but it was awesome to play.

This new one does look pretty decent, from the video. I haven't seen any scooting around on your back yet, though, which was, as previously mentioned, the most important feature of 6. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:47 am

On the plus side, Leon's stupid powerful curbstomp has made a return.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:40 am

Only in the Army does one undergo facial surgery thinking "awesome, my first few days off in a few weeks!" But that's neither here nor there. Where is it, you ask? Hell

regardless, perhaps you recall my mention of Pitt, the happily brutal psychopathic drug dog, a while back. Turns out, as far as the dogs go, Pitt's kind of a fuckboi. There is, it seems, an Infantry/Cav-level rivalry between Bomb and Drug K9's among the MP's, alongside the fact that the Bomb dogs deploy far, far more often and, of course, are in more danger should they actually find anything.

For instance, I worked with Joker the other night, and, no, "Joker" does not refer to Mass Effect's Joker; your little buddy that's always by your side with a wise-crack and ready to bust out some computer hacking skills. Think more along the lines of the Batman's Joker. A rough paraphrase of a night's worth of body language and interaction:

Joker: "You don't have a bomb in this vehicle? You little bitch. I have five bombs just in my kennel. You cherry-ass fuckboi."

Joker: "Yo, Sarn't, check it out. This guy may actually have an explosive in his car. But, more importantly, that guy over there--see him; looks more like a bitch than Marcellus Wallace?--he's existing right now."
Handler: "Can we focu--"
Joker: "You should let me rip his throat out."
Handler: "That's one of the RAM team. They're on our side."
Joker: "The only team I need is you."
Handler: "That's actually kind of nic--"
Joker: "So you can drive me around and prepare my meals when I'm hungry. Hop to it, Jeeves; I outrank you."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:54 am

Well, Sunrider Academy is light-hearted and fun.

...I'm probably only thinking it now. Because it's going to make me bang my head against walls trying to find a solution to something later on, isn't it? I know your tricks, Love In Space...
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:00 pm

So I went and saw Chappie.

Fukken A, 9.5 out of 10

Saw the the French dub, of course, so I don't know about how the actors' game "translate" in the original version, but the movie touches on a few of my favorite brainbugs, and I liked how they were treated.

Of course, there's a number of portions of the movie and plot which are down to artistic license, but it makes for an enjoyable experience; and I didn't intend to go watch a philosophical essay in movie form anyway.

All in all, if you like robits, AIs, and some dose of """cyber""" """punk""" aesthetic, I recommend it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:02 pm

If you liked District 9, you'll love Chappie. Which is understandable considering it was made by the same guy.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:09 pm

@RER Ty, don't you have a 3DS? You should try picking up the first RER. it supports the circle pad pro so if you have one it actually plays pretty well for a handheld shooter. I've got it we could play raid mode some time if you wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:55 am

Yesterday in a nutshell:

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Tumblr_nku4trpDg51s2ur45o1_540
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next