Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger on Sun May 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Stuff like this is why I look up to Markiplier:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Sun May 03, 2015 8:23 pm

@FO3 Mods
Mart's Mutant Mod (successor to Mart's Monster Mod for Oblivion!) was good, IIRC, though it definitely made the game much, much harder. (Every time I thought I had enough ammo, a horde of ghouls would inevitably spawn) FWE (Fallout Wanderer's Edition) is the equivalent of Project Nevada, I think it might even have been made by the same people. It comes with CALIBR and CRAFT, so that'll fix you up. WMK (Weapon Mod Kits) is a nice thing to have. Darn UI (another classic Oblivion modder) works with FWE IIRC. FOIP (Fallout Interoperability Program) will add patches for compatibility between all these mods. FOOK (Fallout Overhaul Kit) adds a ton of items, some better textured than others. RH Ironsights is an ironsights mod, which adds a ton to the gameplay IMO but you need a lot of patches to get it working and the last time I used it I still had to mod some of the weapons/add ironsights myself to get them working.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn on Mon May 04, 2015 12:19 pm

I thought someone might be interested in looking at this
Footage of Berlin in July 1945:
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon May 04, 2015 6:08 pm

Interesting, yes; thank you.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Tue May 05, 2015 1:21 am

Anyone here on Long Island, by the way?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Tue May 05, 2015 4:29 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Anyone here on Long Island, by the way?
Nope, Massachusetts for the moment, then Rhode Island. Any reason for asking?
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Tue May 05, 2015 7:42 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Anyone here on Long Island, by the way?
No, but if things had been a bit different I'd have been there yesterday through Thursday.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Tue May 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Stringtheory wrote:Nope, Massachusetts for the moment, then Rhode Island. Any reason for asking?
I expect to be moving up there later this year and am looking around for backup jobs in case the primary doesn't work out.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Tue May 05, 2015 11:31 pm

On an unrelated note, I started using GOG Galaxy and holy shit is it so much nicer than Steam.
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Wed May 06, 2015 12:41 am

Scienza wrote:On an unrelated note, I started using GOG Galaxy and holy shit is it so much nicer than Steam.
How so? Layout? Speed? Lack of bloat on the client end? If it's the last one, the warning that these sorts of clients only get more complex over time should be kept in mind. Not that I'd also immediately jump ship from steam at this point since the client's horrible. It should not take three reloads to get to my inventory or have to reload (or even re-sign into) the store every time I launch steam to get personalized suggestions.
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 06, 2015 12:13 pm

So, I live in Maryland and I didn't know there were riots in Baltimore. Huh, I am completely oblivious to the world around me it seems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Wed May 06, 2015 1:23 pm

Stringtheory wrote:
Scienza wrote:On an unrelated note, I started using GOG Galaxy and holy shit is it so much nicer than Steam.
How so? Layout? Speed? Lack of bloat on the client end? If it's the last one, the warning that these sorts of clients only get more complex over time should be kept in mind. Not that I'd also immediately jump ship from steam at this point since the client's horrible. It should not take three reloads to get to my inventory or have to reload (or even re-sign into) the store every time I launch steam to get personalized suggestions.
Beyond all the things that are already nice about GOG, the client doesn't eat up memory like a half-baked Doctor Who villain, it doesn't reinstall the same dependencies ninety seven times, you can go DRM-free directly in the client, it's got all sorts of nice crossplay options so you aren't limited server-wise. Basically, it's a cleaner, nicer Steam client.

I'm not jumping ship, because among other things all my games are on Steam and GOG doesn't have the most amazingtabulous selection, but I'm sure as hell switching over whenever possible for future purchases.
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Unrelated to anything but is anyone planning on picking up heroes of the storm when it comes out of Beta? I've been playing it for a while now and aside from matchmaking not being the best (Sometimes you'll just roll over a team with little challenge and other times you're the one getting rolled over) and a few assholes every now and then the game is pretty good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Wed May 06, 2015 11:27 pm

My buddy verbally sucks that game off every time we talk, so I might give it a shot.

Speaking of heroes, does anyone have any sort of interest in using the Worm RP setting or characters we made a while back? I know the RP itself didn't quite work out, but it's kind of a shame to see everyone's work go to waste. Perhaps a collab fic, if anyone's interested?
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 502

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Wed May 06, 2015 11:35 pm

I might be tempted to. Summer break coming up and whatnot.
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 07, 2015 2:28 am

@Worm RP

It's not a fic or anything but I might go back through the thread and make some crappy art of the characters. Not much of course but at least they'd be used a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Thu May 07, 2015 10:18 am

I'd love to get back into the RP whenever it starts up again.
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu May 07, 2015 12:11 pm

I recall that there were concerns about how it ended up (a bit convoluted and a bit too serious for some peoples' tastes) beyond scheduling concerns as well, but that was intended to be a pilot run anyway. We could give it another go or turn it into a straight story; however works out for anyone interested.
EDIT: if there's to be interest in the characters and such again; I'll update the OOC thread with the most important information we can provide: notes and info for shipping.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 07, 2015 3:47 pm

I brought up Heroes yesterday and new hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b215Y8QgA3Y

Kinda wish it was Lady Vashj instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Thu May 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu May 07, 2015 8:28 pm

Frost wrote:Speaking of heroes, does anyone have any sort of interest in using the Worm RP setting or characters we made a while back? I know the RP itself didn't quite work out, but it's kind of a shame to see everyone's work go to waste. Perhaps a collab fic, if anyone's interested?
Opinions on the RP with some Worm spoilers intermixed:
Call me weird, but throwing away old work's one of my favorite parts of the creating process. If you want to re-start that I would want to make new characters. This time trying harder not to create anything convoluted like a faction.

Still, I really think everyone should throw away the lot and start anew. I mean, keep the concepts and personalities you like, but still start basically from scratch with simplicity in mind.
Maybe just the heroes and two other villainous factions tops? I don't care if it's unrealistic, it's uncomplicated.

The only quasi-successful forum RP I was ever in along these lines was just a museum heist. No politics, barely any history, just a simple setup leading into a progressive escalation as characters engage and retreat, countering each other, before the final getaway.

Remember in Worm that one chapter where Weaver, with the rest of her team, took down that villain's hideout?

Just... set something simple up like the TWO major villain factions are meeting at the city's designated "neutral ground" (a nightclub, maybe) to negotiate a mutually beneficial territory exchange to try and improve their power bases following a string of losses to the local heroes. I know the current setup is for the villains to be handing it to the heroes so easily they can kill a bunch of good guys in a single night, including Wards, with no foresight or planning and with practically no effort and, particularly, NO reprisal... but I find that INTENSELY uninteresting. Heroes and villains should be more evenly matched with one or the other side only slightly on the backfoot.

Anyway, again, potentially scenario... nightclub, TWO villain factions (hopefully not represented by more than two villains each). The heroes have decided to infiltrate the club in order to listen in on the negotiations. And that's it. Maybe a fight occurs, maybe one villainous group betrays the other, or maybe there's just a lot of posturing.
Another scenario... after a territory exchange a bar frequented by a villain from faction A is suddenly owned by faction B. Said villain doesn't care and keeps going to it. Conflict.
Heroes coming across a heist while on patrol before it goes underway and trying to disarm the villains before any guns are drawn or powers are used, a planted rumor about a safehouse leading to an ambush against an unintended target, the city is holding a celebration for its 50th anniversary and the heroes and villains, in plainclothes and disguises respectively, are attending a street fair because who doesn't enjoy a streetfair?

I'm not the kind of person who enjoys RP fights. I dislike all the mental choreography. I'd rather stuff that's more about character interactions on a more personal level. I find that more entertaining than two people in different factions defaulting to attempting to kill each other on sight without a single word exchanged.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu May 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Finally, the end of one of the most grueling semesters I've ever had.

Thank. God.

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu May 07, 2015 10:47 pm

Those are a lot of fair points, Swick. We can definitely dial back the Sultans from a criminal hegemony to a more conventional (though organized and powerful) gang. I'm likewise all for character interactions, but it'll be a lot harder to pull off a Worm (or superhero in general) scenario without combat. And I can't speak for anyone else, but I rather like the several interconnected factions and their realpolitik/cold-war/stalemate balance of power rather than a simple faction-on-faction faceoff
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu May 07, 2015 11:15 pm

RoboRed wrote:Finally, the end of one of the most grueling semesters I've ever had.

Thank. God.

Ditto, only I'm done with my degree now. All that's left is waiting for my final grade to come in. Tomorrow, most likely, as that's graduation, IIRC.
Given this was an online program I opted not to fly across the country for a ceremony I didn't even like for my bachelor's degree.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu May 07, 2015 11:33 pm

Congratulations to both of you, swicked and RoboRed!
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu May 07, 2015 11:43 pm

Frost wrote:Those are a lot of fair points, Swick. We can definitely dial back the Sultans from a criminal hegemony to a more conventional (though organized and powerful) gang. I'm likewise all for character interactions, but it'll be a lot harder to pull off a Worm (or superhero in general) scenario without combat. And I can't speak for anyone else, but I rather like the several interconnected factions and their realpolitik/cold-war/stalemate balance of power rather than a simple faction-on-faction faceoff
Eeeeeehhhhhhh......
When faced with a fight most of my characters respond by running and gunning. Attack, disengage, etc. I prolonged fight consisting of ducks, dodges, blocks, parries, various kinds of punches and kicks or powers, blah... I find it boring. Action is boring in text, actions spanning seconds dominating paragraph after paragraph. It just translates very poorly through the medium, I feel. It's a personal issue, I know. I can barely even read through the fights Somber puts in PH, or in ANY story.
As for the politics... yeah. I made my points, we are simply of opposite opinions in that matter.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Fri May 08, 2015 12:31 am

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn on Fri May 08, 2015 12:36 am

Last edited by Katarn on Fri May 08, 2015 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri May 08, 2015 12:39 am

Oooooh, yeah, I like that.
Something's eerie about it, too. Dunno what.
Time for another avatar change...

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri May 08, 2015 3:06 am

swicked wrote:
Frost wrote:Those are a lot of fair points, Swick. We can definitely dial back the Sultans from a criminal hegemony to a more conventional (though organized and powerful) gang. I'm likewise all for character interactions, but it'll be a lot harder to pull off a Worm (or superhero in general) scenario without combat. And I can't speak for anyone else, but I rather like the several interconnected factions and their realpolitik/cold-war/stalemate balance of power rather than a simple faction-on-faction faceoff
Eeeeeehhhhhhh......
When faced with a fight most of my characters respond by running and gunning. Attack, disengage, etc. I prolonged fight consisting of ducks, dodges, blocks, parries, various kinds of punches and kicks or powers, blah... I find it boring. Action is boring in text, actions spanning seconds dominating paragraph after paragraph. It just translates very poorly through the medium, I feel. It's a personal issue, I know. I can barely even read through the fights Somber puts in PH, or in ANY story.
As for the politics... yeah. I made my points, we are simply of opposite opinions in that matter.
I won't be able to reliably participate in anything for another two weeks or so; until this Advanced Homelessness Training is done. Plenty of time to work out any kinks
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top