Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Epsilon
Kattlarv
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Bootleg
Twilightwolf4
Ketchup
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
iLateralGX
StoneSlinger88
Whiskey Rebellion
Vinylshadow
21 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by O. Hinds Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:34 am

Interesting.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:24 pm

Misery - sorry, Missouri-style child-rearing.

@Harmony
Obviously there might be some bias from the source, but that's still a pretty neat little community they've set up. Dunno how long it can last, but it's certainly a story I'd like to see more of. Liked that they mentioned the Spanish Civil War. Makes sense that anarchistic societies form when there's already more or less anarchy. Also, wondering if the website's use of "cvlt" is a nod to "kvlt" and all that stuff. Since they've got a section dedicated to black metal in their music category, I'm guessing that's the case. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:36 pm

Man, I have no idea what I'd do if a kid of mine was abducted. 

Revel in the piles of money and time I had now, probably.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Neat tech stuffness:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Misery - sorry, Missouri-style child-rearing.
...Well. This appears to be a thing that happened. Sigh...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:53 pm

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-railgun-super-weapon-debuts-at-the-navy-science-and-1684309647

"Railgun" is a fun word.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:02 pm

@Iron
My childhood of being burned on flying toys has left me very wary of these consumer drones, but they really do look friggin' cool. I wouldn't know what to do with one, but I like the stuff other people make with 'em.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:37 pm

From an artistic perspective, a parrot drone would be useful for getting viewing angles that are otherwise extremely difficult, if not impossible, to achieve. It would be an expensive way, but still a good way.

Anyway, here's another video about something more practical.

Tech stuff:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:07 pm

RoboRed wrote:http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-railgun-super-weapon-debuts-at-the-navy-science-and-1684309647

"Railgun" is a fun word.
Railgun-delivered Amazon Prime packages coming next year...
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Scienza wrote:

The ultimate t-shirt cannon.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Scienza wrote:

Delivering your anime figurines like the fist of God.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:50 pm

Scienza wrote:

Shipping charge: None. Flocks of birds killed during shipping: All of them.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:17 pm

RoboRed wrote:http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-railgun-super-weapon-debuts-at-the-navy-science-and-1684309647

"Railgun" is a fun word.
Okay, what's with that admiral's eyes? I'm not sure he should be trusted with matches, much less the Navy's R&D. Spike

Also, come on, every capacitor is a flux capacitor. That's just how they work, and I don't think there are any Navy vessels with the power to run a rail gun without using a capacitor bank, so naturally they'd be involved.

Ah, I remember once being on a team that proposed making a rail gun for a project. A professor was brought in to tell us the difficulties he'd had with them, and about how best case scenario, we'd all go deaf. And more likely than getting anything to launch, it would just fuse to the rails. Basically, this isn't something that's good for undergraduates on a minimal budget.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:26 am

swicked wrote:Adult Swim is showing Kill la Kill. I watched the first episode.
That is a lot of skin -_-
Sub or dub? And don't worry the amount of skin shown only goes up... Big mac
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:47 am

I believe its dubbed on adultswim

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:48 am

Scienza wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
Scienza wrote:

No more "I promise, postal worker guy, whatever this "Bad Dragon" gig is, they must have sent me a package by mistake."? Sign me right the fuck up.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:49 am

Let's see who'll be quickest to get the reference.

Re railgun: that's good news. I kinda want so see the budget of that project from beginning to end once the first railgun gets installed on the DDG-1002 (or 1003?). Just to see how much bang they got for their bucks. Spike

Re drones: I haven't watched the video (on mobile with limited bandwidth), but I second what Iron said about aerial photography. They're really useful stuff for that. I even remember a kickstarter from a company that developed a drown that follows people from above while they do sport (like snow surfing, BMX trial, that kind of things). It looked pretty neat. Can't remember the name of the company, though
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:05 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Let's see who'll be quickest to get the reference.
What a whack-ass Pokemon bat.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:40 am

Aaaaand you fail.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:11 am

Does it have something to do with this?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:40 am

@swicked re: Kill La Kill
The "fan service" only goes up, but is effectively explained, hung with lampshades, and also may be central to the show's feminist-punk themes. You mostly stop noticing it after a few episodes except when it's done for a reason, like the constant visual joke that is the main character's homeroom teacher.

On an unrelated note: more snow. We're getting it. Possibly as much as 24 inches in some places by the end of Monday night. Yesterday, I dug out the area around the driveway just so we'd have more space to put the extra snow. We are actually approaching the state of having too much snow. I believed that was only a myth in these parts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:44 am

@ Icy Shake: And one cookie for you.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:47 am

@OAC: getting 24 inches in some places sounds like quite a painful experience.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:56 am

@Harmony
You'd think so, yet there've been tapeworms taken out of people that were 66 feet long. So it could be worse!

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Well, System of a Down said it best.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Lulz:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:44 pm

swicked wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@swicked re: Kill La Kill
The "fan service" only goes up, but is effectively explained, hung with lampshades, and also may be central to the show's feminist-punk themes. You mostly stop noticing it after a few episodes except when it's done for a reason, like the constant visual joke that is the main character's homeroom teacher.
I just kinda like the main character and don't look forward to her being called a whore repeatedly every time she fights just because the only uniform she could find that would allow her to play on a relatively even playing field with these guys covers little but her shoulders and neckline.
Hopefully that cuts down, at least. Less threats of raping her, claims she wants it, etc. when all she wants know is who killed her dad.
Trust me, that starts to drop off the more and more ass Ryuko kicks. Also when other people also start getting naked.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:25 pm

Maybe I'll ask for Dragonfall art next time I make a commission. There's only like 2 pictures of each character (that aren't from the game title screen/art) on DA now.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:04 pm

That would be pretty nice. Glory needs some hugs.

(Note: I only a few hours into the campaign)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Ah yes, "Glory". The one who... well, let's just say that she'd fit right into Horizons. We endorse these claims.

Btw, you're playing Director's Cut, right?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next