Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Epsilon
Kattlarv
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Bootleg
Twilightwolf4
Ketchup
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
iLateralGX
StoneSlinger88
Whiskey Rebellion
Vinylshadow
21 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:05 pm

O. Hinds wrote:By the way, I've a question for Harmony and Frost, if you don't mind.  I assumed that you must have thought about the concept of gender a lot before coming to your recent conclusions and thus may have some insight on it.  Would you say that my current understanding of it as a set of hardware drivers is accurate?  If not, what do you think gender is?
From my amateur understanding of computer stuff and subsequent skimming of wikipedia for exactly what a driver does, that's as fair an answer as any other, for me at least. 

Like, for instance, think about yourself in five years, or think about what you did last week, or about what you'd like to be doing right now. More likely than not, you more-or-less see yourself doing those things. Now imagine taking a step back and realizing that the person you see is quite drastically different from you--a woman, in this case. That's one facet of it (and only the most convenient example) but, in essence, you've got Malebody (C:) plugged in, but the interface keeps saying that Malebody (C:) is not compatible with the Female.exe that's installed and recommending you send an error report to Genetics Helpdesk so they can send you Femalebody (D:) plugins.

Last edited by Frost on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:10 pm

swicked wrote:
Frost wrote:Daedra girls
Those exist?
Daedra are genderless beings that kinda manifest however the balls they want. Dremora, generally, appear as (nearly-always-male) very large, black-and-red-skinned horned humanoids. Clannfear appear as big ol' tricera-raptor fuckin' things. Winged Twilights look like someone's cosplaying a Gargoyle. Ect, ect. It's not known to the degree to which they can choose to appear or if 'species' is predetermined by their nature, but it's known that the Princes are all so powerful that whatever form they pick is suited solely to their preference--Mephala and Boethiah, for instance, appear in a wide variety of both male- and female-looking forms.

[/nerdyexposition]
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Ah, very good! That's pretty much the understanding I'd come to. Thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:59 pm

Spoiler:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:02 am

The "Daedric armor" PCs wear is Ebony (Which is more like a semi-metallic Obsidian) infused with Daedra hearts and crafted to look like the "armor" the higher-ranking Dremora wear--which is actually part of their manifested form.

It's actually not known how many of their weapons or armor is actually made as opposed to conjured up--Daedra, by their very nature, cannot create anything; only change it. it's unknown to Tamrielic scholars if making tools and weapons would be considered by the Daedra to be "creating" a new weapon or tool or simply "changing" the raw material into a certain shape. 

Though a modular or segmented type of armor would be very intriguing for a future installment--for instance, on Werewolves, other werebeasts, or other sorts of shapeshifting (which is quite underutilized in the games).
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:04 am

Tytan wrote:
Spoiler:
All I'm seeing there is that the Cloyster is definitely winning at Fronthand-Backhand
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:43 am

swicked wrote:
Frost wrote:Daedra, by their very nature, cannot create anything; only change it.
...what does this mean?
What is their nature of not creating things?
It's only stated in Aedra and Daedra That "Daedra, who cannot create, have the power to change". The same text, as well as Spirit of the Daedra, mentions that "Daedra....can only be banished" and "We do not die. We do not fear death. Destroy the Body, and the Animus is cast into The Darkness. But the Animus returns.......We are not born; we have not fathers nor mothers, yet we have kin and clans."

It would indicate that new life and new ideas are beyond Daedra to create. It's also indicated that the particular type of Daedra (defined mostly by the Prince or Princes it serves) plays a heavy hand in determining its form.

Their nature of being a force of change against a static force goes back to the primordial force-entities of Anu and Padomay. Anu was static, utter stillness, while Padomay was change and destruction. Aedra are thought to be the mixed blood of the two, while Daedra are believed to be Padomay's alone. It's worth noting, though, that Lorkhan is the birthed soul of Sithis who was in turn the soul of Padomay, while Akatosh is the soul of Anu'el, soul of Anu.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:58 am

Usually I don't like those videos of 'blank's music goes with everything' but now I've found some with music I find incredibly hype from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Some spoilers in the videos but I think I've included something for everybody.:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:04 am

@Frost
Heya, read the short story, put my thoughts below. Fair warning, they're in the sort of creative-writing-class/peer-review style, not a "review" style, so I'm naturally going to focus on stuff that I think might do with changing, expanding, all that stuff. If you don't want that kind of criticism, don't open the spoiler; you weren't asking for it, so you're of course under no obligation to read it. The TL;DR is that it was a nice little story, seemed open for expansion.
Talkin' story and stuff!:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:17 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Frost
Heya, read the short story, put my thoughts below. Fair warning, they're in the sort of creative-writing-class/peer-review style, not a "review" style, so I'm naturally going to focus on stuff that I think might do with changing, expanding, all that stuff. If you don't want that kind of criticism, don't open the spoiler; you weren't asking for it, so you're of course under no obligation to read it. The TL;DR is that it was a nice little story, seemed open for expansion.
Talkin' story and stuff!:
How dare you post your constructive criticism so I can improve my work. You fucking monster.

Really, though, I appreciate it. As far as it being done, I currently had no plans for continuing on with this same story (though Harm did mention it had potential, for instance, as the prologue to a greater story) and I'm trackin' the issue with the emotional disconnect. That's always been something of a weaker point of mine. The characters, likewise; I wanted more a frame to hang the picture that is this glimpse into the world than anything else. I'd naturally expound on it if I were to pick up with this or something similar in the future.

I appreciate the words a' wisdom, Cobalt. For a three-ish-hour piece of knocked-together ideas that I just wanted to put to paper while I had some sort of motivation, and having the plot and characterization played largely by ear, I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:42 am

swicked wrote:Weird haircut,
Well, fuckin' thanks, I happen to like this type of haircut.

Really, though, that sounds like an interesting little charmer. I can't say I'm a fan of how most comics portray frost powers--you'd think they'd be surrounded near-constantly be an air of hypothermia-inducing cold, for instance. Making people sick, spoiling meals, damaging structures--frost powers, beyond their potential to just freeze people and use ice shards, have the distinct potential to make allies and enemies alike very miserable on a daily basis, with or without the actual frost-person's intent.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:55 am

Frost wrote:
swicked wrote:Weird haircut,
Really, though, that sounds like an interesting little charmer. I can't say I'm a fan of how most comics portray frost powers--you'd think they'd be surrounded near-constantly be an air of hypothermia-inducing cold, for instance. Making people sick, spoiling meals, damaging structures--frost powers, beyond their potential to just freeze people and use ice shards, have the distinct potential to make allies and enemies alike very miserable on a daily basis, with or without the actual frost-person's intent.
That sounds like the downside to a Worm-verse power...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:06 am

I was jokin' 'bout the hair, swick. Feigned offence is an underused tool in the sarcasm box, but it's there nonetheless.

As far as the powers go, I rather do like the sorts of series wherein the powers affect people on a more permanent basis.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:11 am

@Frost
I am the worst. :P For real, though, some people don't like it when you give feedback when it's not explicitly asked for. Didn't seem like you would mind, but it was the first time I was reading 'n critiquing your stuff, so I figured better safe. Congrats on the work. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:36 am

This is not an Onion article
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:This is not an Onion article
What do you mean, "helping the entire community?" You have to define yourself by your race and only work to help people who share it!

It's the only way to stop racism!
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:43 pm

swicked wrote:New Ava's Demon.
Looks like whatshisface, lieutenant-guy, will not be intimidated.
At least, not by lava.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

For fucks sake!

Can the slaughter begin already!
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:56 pm

I love how she spends a few panels turned, completely unphased, toward the audience, like "Oh, yeah, from time to time it melts. Minor glitch, don't you worry."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:38 pm

This is one really fuck8ng neat discovery

Allow me to explain:

In my hometown, we've invested a lot into recycling: publicity campaigns, infrastructure, general communication on the subject...

The problem, however, is that a large part of the plastic we tvrow away doesn't get recycled , simply because there's no one to -buy- the recycled plastic.

On the other hand, we always need energy. And we have an extremely well developed chemical industry here.

Right now these plastics are simply burned into the city's incinerator, and the heat produced used to heat housing, schools and offices. But if there was the possibility to produce biofuel from them, that'd open new perspectives as far as making money from saving the planet goes.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Just remember that there will never be a more efficient source of energy than assholes.
For the folks over the pond
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Had a chance to download the MH4U demo. Not really a fan of the insect glaive, those charge axes though.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 pm

lel:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:26 pm

swicked wrote:In the last two panels his (her? I can't remember) eyes are glowing.
I wonder if that's just due to the intensity of the situation or if it's indicative of something more.
It'd be kinda cool if Titan could just log in to his most devoted followers.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 %D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%8D-%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B3-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-601948
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:46 pm

RoboRed wrote:
lel:
I presume Jackson is the boss battle?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:45 am

Personal announcement:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:53 am

Oh dear. Sorry about that. Good luck.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:12 am

swicked wrote:
If you don't mind saying, what is your living situation, now? I thought you were still at home. Do you not have a mother or siblings or other family around?

I still live at home with my mother, but I'm at the end of my rope. My condition seems to just get worse over time, and I'm barely dealing with it.

EDIT: I'm actually leaving in a few minutes to be evaluated.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:11 am

On a lighter note, this MP dog-handler on the gate with us is the spitting image of Gaius Julius Caesar.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:15 am

Hope he wouldn't end like Caesar did.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:24 am

Yeah, I compared his face to busts of both Caesar and his younger visage in Octavius, and the resemblance was perfect. Must be hard for this guy to shave marble, though.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next