Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Epsilon
Kattlarv
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Bootleg
Twilightwolf4
Ketchup
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
iLateralGX
StoneSlinger88
Whiskey Rebellion
Vinylshadow
21 posters

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Current diversity metagame has Trans as the trump card, after all, so I think we know who'd win the court of public opinion.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:39 pm

So I just saw American Sniper. That was a great movie,  the ending hit me a lot harder then I thought it would, but damn that was great movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:57 pm

DA: Keep? More like "Keep this idea around for every RPG ever, amirite?"

F'real, though, this is probably one of whoever-had-this-idea's best ideas. Perhaps not this exact setup (perhaps just going off of options at the beginning of each game) but....well, ME3 would have a lot more replay value (considering its wide array of class options and whatnots) if you didn't have to play all three to be able to play without the world-state being "fucked as shit"

It's sort of philosophical, when you think about it.

You, The Father, shape the world for the coming of Your Son the PC. 

Or the world is of infinite possibility, and by your presence you carve away what may be from what is like a careless logger stripping the branches from a tree.

Men and women, children and parents and Gods and Armies reduced to mere pastel images, but a mouse-click from oblivion. And your avatar is sent forth, surveying the land as it yet shakes from the judgement your hand has passed upon it. And this incarnation's only voice, the only verdict the huddled and cowering masses of the judged shall ever receive, is the blade, or spell, or word of the immortal, resurrecting thing that walks among them like a lion among wolves; like a dragon among men. A god among mortals.

So, yeah. It's a nifty little feature.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:19 pm

Katarn wrote:
RoboRed wrote:fuck EA
In a butt Sweetie Belle
And then make it a romance option in the next Bioware game.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:00 am

Ten points to Gryffindor Scienza.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:25 am

I wrote:Essentially, a reconstruction/justification of the anime/fantasy classic of skimpily-clad women fighting giant monsters with ridiculous, massive weapons. In essence, it's about professional dragonslayers (though they can deal with other monsters as well). They forgo armor, as the heaviest armor is pretty much tinfoil to a dragon or giant, in favor of mobility and staying cool while fire is being breathed at you--some go so far as to go shirtless or partly so. This has the added benefit of making it easier to climb or scale the mountains and valleys that dragons, giants, and other beasts call home--and, for that purpose, slayers are likely to have both rope and climbing gear (such as a pair of picks and specialized footwear) on hand--the paired climbing axes/picks also come in handy for dealing with bandits and other mundane threats, as their weapons--which can range from large, unique swords to customized polearms--are largely specialized towards dealing with massive, armored, or otherwise unusual foes and are of little use in prolonged conflict against ordinary men.
To elaborate on this idea:

Yeah, this sorta shit all pops into my head over the course of hours, but god forbid I can actually put a storyline together.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:02 am

Birdman!:

@Frost
I've always found that the best way to turn worldbuilding into story is to just start writing a short story with the plan being to show a process of the world (hunting a dragon, maybe, or a harvesting a dead one) with a twist that creates suspense (the dragon's got a cult, say, or the harvesters find they have rivals after the same corpse). Fill it up with an interesting cast of characters you enjoy writing, set it in a place you like to describe, and strike while the iron is hot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:09 am

That's some pretty solid advice, Cobalt. Hell, I gotta adjust my sleep schedule to the night shift anyway, and DA: I's taking about a goddamn year to download, so I might as well give it a little ol' whirl while the brain-juices are still splooged everywhere.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:11 am

Glad I could help; good luck, and have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:07 am

What have I done
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:32 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 14 ALyuX1U
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Like how "that" is one of the words the lady is cowering next to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4is3M3IJIqY

I want this so bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:54 pm

personal ramble:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:31 pm

Ironlulz
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Ouch, caught by the principle. 

Hope he didn't throw the book at 'em.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Anyone get a Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo code? A friend of mine sent me one and I heard it has online co-op. Could be a lot of fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Well played, Michelle Czajkowski:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Huh, I wonder if the rules of Kickstarter allow you to create a kickstarter to fund a specific tier reward for another kickstarter. You might be able to put your talents as shipmistress to use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Last wrote:Huh, I wonder if the rules of Kickstarter allow you to create a kickstarter to fund a specific tier reward for another kickstarter. You might be able to put your talents as shipmistress to use.
Let's do it:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Fuckin' Scrub. 

AvaXWrathia 4 lyfe
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:06 pm

That works too.

It's better than the Ava/Odin shippers.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Get that nasty close-to-canon heterosexual bullshit outta here.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Crack Ship: WrathiaxTitan.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:20 pm

He destroyed her empire...

With his heart.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:23 pm

Canon ships are the world's biggest turn-off. 

That's why I'm all about that MaggiexAvaxWratiahxPetri OTF life.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:36 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
personal ramble:
I'm sorry for your loss.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:40 pm

You know what bugs me?

You got Fighters' guilds, Mages' guilds, smithing guilds in some works... Hell, you got guilds for shady shit like monster/cultist hunting and straight-up illegal shit like thieving and assassination. 

Fuck all that noise. I wanna join the Bandit's Guild. I wanna step out onto the backroads, my fellow counter-adventurers by my side as we kindly let our foes that coming here is a thing that they should never have done. You remember the part where you fall down and bleed to death? Damn right you do. Because it's this part. Right now. 

Also, I want a harem anime or dating sim focusing on adorable Daedra girls in Oblivion High. From the feisty tsundere Dremora to the cheerful moe Winged Twilights, you'll meet the immortal, Eldritch monster of your dreams.

Last edited by Frost on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:57 pm

swicked wrote:
Frost wrote:Daedra girls
Those exist?
You're on the internet, this particular part of the internet, and you're asking that question...of course they exist.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:12 pm

By the way, I've a question for Harmony and Frost, if you don't mind. I assumed that you must have thought about the concept of gender a lot before coming to your recent conclusions and thus may have some insight on it. Would you say that my current understanding of it as a set of hardware drivers is accurate? If not, what do you think gender is?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next