Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Epsilon
Kattlarv
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Bootleg
Twilightwolf4
Ketchup
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
iLateralGX
StoneSlinger88
Whiskey Rebellion
Vinylshadow
21 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Speaking of games with campaigns, I've just finished Republic Commando's.
Spoiler:
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@swicked re: Kill La Kill
The "fan service" only goes up, but is effectively explained, hung with lampshades, and also may be central to the show's feminist-punk themes. You mostly stop noticing it after a few episodes except when it's done for a reason, like the constant visual joke that is the main character's homeroom teacher.

That's not how you spell misogynist. If Bayonetta taught me anything nudity and feminism don't go together, except when they do for unexplained reasons. It's a strange phenomenon.

Last edited by Last on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This is meant to be a joke. Don't think KLK is misogynist. At all.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:44 pm

@Last
I would be willing to fight any SJW on Kill La Kill being a feminist work, based solely on the fact that a feminist viewing of it is so, so much more interesting than a pop feminist critique of it. (Feel free to read "pop feminist" as "goddamn lazy idiot") That's the way I was trained to do feminist analysis, dammit, and it's the right way to do it. Can't speak to Bayonetta, as I haven't played it and am bad at actiony-brawlery games and thus would not be ABLE to play it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Of course I was only joking, I love KLK. Not sure that it's a feeminist work though, the only thing I could point out is the scene where Ryuko is ashamed of wearing Senketsu and she comes to the conclusion that she's wearing it for a purpose and has no need to be ashamed.

Maybe it's because the show is not preachy that it's message went over my head. In general I'm a moron after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Last wrote:In general I'm a moron after all.

I don't believe that.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:31 pm

I mean, I wasn't gonna say anything, but.....I really believed that.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:01 pm

I'm in agreement with Frost, I tend to type without thinking, be flat out wrong, or not explain myself in a way that makes it even begin to be clear what it is I'm trying to say. I'm an idiot through and through.

Thanks though Iron, you are very kind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Last wrote:I'm in agreement with Frost, I tend to type without thinking, be flat out wrong, or not explain myself in a way that makes it even begin to be clear what it is I'm trying to say. I'm an idiot through and through.

Thanks though Iron, you are very kind.

All of those things are common, fixable, and happen to most of us from time to time. I know from personal experience, and don't let anyone tell you that you're stupid just because you make mistakes.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Yeah; what Iron said. I was just making an unfunny joke 'cause I'm an asshole like that.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:47 pm

@Last
Oh yeah, I know you weren't being serious, I'm just sayin' because I'm sure that line of thought's out there. As for the feminist themes, you do kinda have to dig a bit in some cases, but I think they're there.

Spoilered for Spoilers of KLK:

Man, I hope I didn't completely fuck that up. I'm slightly buzzed (coffee + wine = rapidly-metabolizing alcohol, maybe? Is that a thing?), I haven't proofread that at all, I didn't really have a plan besides "let's talk about some cool stuff KLK did," and it's been a while since I wrote about feminist theory. But yeah. The show isn't preaching feminism, but IMO its got oodles of feminism in it. And if we look at it from a postmodern-y "author is dead" perspective, it's even better!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:51 am

Once again Iron, thank you. Again you are very kind. It's obvious why you are well liked.

@Frost Oh, sorry, didn't catch it.

@OAC ...Damn. You live up to your name. It's an interesting take on it, definitely. I agree with the conclusion I think you came to in that it's up to interpretation. Though to be absolutely honest I have a knee-jerk reaction when I see the words "Patriarchy" and "Feminism". Seeing as you went out of your way to distinguish between feminism and proper feminism I'm gonna guess I don't have to explain why. So obviously I'm biased against that interpretation.

Still, interesting take. Thanks for sharing I enjoyed reading it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:15 am

Last wrote:If Bayonetta taught me anything nudity and feminism don't go together, except when they do for unexplained reasons.

Isn't it obvious? The answer is "IT'S OKAY WHEN I DO IT".

Like with this... well, let's call it a game provisionally:

Spoiler:

The creator (who is, apparently, the daughter of a millionaire with free access to unlimited funds) is fond of making sockpuppet accounts to badmouth herself and raise drama.

here, she forgot to re-log:

She also has (not) enough sense to describe this creation as "Heavy Rain Meets Mass Effect". Unfortunately, I've discovered this thing too late to downvote it on Greenlight.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:10 am

@Last
Glad you enjoyed the read. I think it was kind of a mess, but I stand by it. :P The zero-personal-accountability, soundbite-based style of pop feminist criticism and SJW antics have done some serious damage to feminism's rep., which is a shame because there's some super neat stuff we lose when even the informed public's reaction to seeing the word "feminism" is, "Oh, god, not this shit again." Analogy: privilege, patriarchy, and all that stuff are to feminism what quantum is to physics - terms that really mean something and have a great deal of theoretical heft, but are misused, overused, and generally abused by the public in such a way that most folks have given up trying to separate the wheat from the chaff. (That's my read, anyway)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:09 pm

topical
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:30 pm

Talking of sawing heads off, anyone watching Better Call Saul? It felt a LOT like Breaking Bad. And I loved Breaking Bad, don't get me wrong, I'm just not sure whether or not I want this show to have more of its own identity. Of course, we've only seen one episode so far, so who knows where it'll go? Loved all the VHS imagery, in any case. And the courtroom scene was hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:47 pm

I feel this is an appropriate metaphor for the whole Middle East.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:57 pm

@Ava. I feel kinda bad for Gil now. That shit is awkward.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 am

So I found NSFW KLK cosplay set if anyone is interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:23 am

Well this one more so. Nothing explicitly sexual in the photo shoot, but I'm pretty sure it'd break forum rules if I just posted it instead of pming it to those interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:28 am

Ooooh gimme.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:29 am

Scienza wrote:Ooooh gimme.
And sent

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:59 am

I finally got back to watching that show today after other shit distracted me. Think my computer's currently paused on the opening of her swordfight with SwordFace McWhat'sHisDick. The amount of skin shown is evoking a mostly neutral reaction--only exception is with SchoolQueen McAngryFace, and even then it balances out: the ass is real, but a scant few moments prior her tits were all a-floppin' about like fish on land and it was just hilarious.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:13 am

Frost wrote:the ass is real
Applebloom
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:51 am

Frost wrote:I finally got back to watching that show today after other shit distracted me. Think my computer's currently paused on the opening of her swordfight with SwordFace McWhat'sHisDick.
Oh, you're not very far in then, don't worry, shit gets even more real later on. As is to be expected from ex-Gainax people.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:45 am

@OAC Re: Privilege

Since you brough it up I took a small amount of time to look into it and came across a feminist wiki page. Before I talk about what I found I have no idea if this is a good source and I'll of course listen to what you think it's supposed to be or what it is supposed to be.

What I found was a racist/sexist wiki. Through out the page it continued to bring up only white males (I guess I'm to assume they are the only ones with this privilege) and then went on to imply that even if a white male were to accidentally have their penis mutilated through circumcision and then live the rest of their life as a homeless person that this fictional (Though to be honest this probably happened to someone. There's a shit ton of us.) male would still have privilege.

At it's core privilege seems to want to reduce anyone's accomplishments or failures down to the color of their skin or other aspects of their birth they have no control over.

That's the conclusion I came to on this page. Like I said maybe this page is simply a bad source and didn't explain what privilege it supposed to mean in a feminist sense properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:17 am

Having just finished Episode 7--

Thus far, Goku uniforms/ Kumei seem to have some odd parallels with the Dwarf-forged Berserker armor worn by Guts and the Skull Knight.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:55 am

Actually....:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:49 am

swicked wrote:How long until people shut up about the 90s?
I seriously hate nostalgia.
I do find nostalgia for something I wasn't a part of annoying, but I do have to ask why the hate?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:08 am

swicked wrote:Personal issues, I guess. My past is upsetting.
Regardless, it's still a meme (or memes). Blah blah blah only 90s kids will understand.
Old TV, old tech., old games. I don't get the fascination. Almost no one actually wants to live with just that crap anymore. Blowing on SNES games, burning CDs, mullets and crappy resolution TVs.
Why is this glamorized?
I think it's just that people who were young adults then are in the economic sweet spot of being 20-30, not to mention being the predominant age group on the internet and so have a lot of attention focused on them right now. Don't worry in 5-10 years society's going to be nostalgic for the '00s... Applejacks

As for media I can kinda see the nostalgia just because the ones everyone remembers are the actually good ones for the most part.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:22 am

I'm working on that day, since at my company we didn't worked on 4,5 January.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next