Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
O. Hinds
Tytan
Scienza
Katarn
Kattlarv
brony all alone
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Vinylshadow
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
20 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:00 pm

If Bob's all-powerful and invincible, all omniscience will do is let Dave know that Bob will skull fuck him and everyone on his planet at a whim. There's a reason nigh-omniscient characters distance themselves from normal affairs, particularly confrontations. 

Nowadays, Superman--a nigh-invincible world-breakingly strong alien with a very specific weakness--sounds like a better villain concept than hero concept.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Mister Frost wrote:If Bob's all-powerful and invincible, all omniscience will do is let Dave know that Bob will skull fuck him and everyone on his planet at a whim. There's a reason nigh-omniscient characters distance themselves from normal affairs, particularly confrontations. 

Nowadays, Superman--a nigh-invincible world-breakingly strong alien with a very specific weakness--sounds like a better villain concept than hero concept.

Only from the point of view of the hero. If the story is from a perspective of the villian it's pretty much the same. The main character has to figure out someway to overcome superman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:07 pm

swicked wrote:*snip*
Is that Kim-Jeong Un with jaundice?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Now there's an idea for an alternate universe...

Lex, the Super Hero vs Superman the Villain

Doomsday and Darkseid meet up for beer on Tuesdays and get waylaid by Batman

Probably been done before, but sometimes its good to revisit old concepts with a new eye

-

How to beat Superman?

Trap him in a Virtual Reality Simulation and make him fly through rings

Bwahahaha

*twirls moustache*
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:51 pm

As I said, unlikely hero/villain matchups

Robin vs Doomsday
Trigon vs Superboy
Poison Ivy vs some character nobody remembers

I don't know; the DC Character list is as long as it is complicated, what with multiple Earths and realities open to nearly every hero and villain

Have some fun with it
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:02 pm

There's a reason that comics nowadays are famous/ notorious for labrynthine plots and esoteric characters--straight-up Matchups between established characters aren't particularly engaging for anyone who's familiar with the universe.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:21 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
swicked wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
...no, there is no chance it's random. I just haven't been keeping track of what each remembers. I should probably go back and figure that out...
Hm, I've not either…

Also, you haven't responded to that story recommendation.  It's fine if you don't want to read it, but I thought I'd mention it again to make sure you didn't just overlook the post or somesuch thing.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:50 pm

scienza/swicked hybridbait:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Right, I forgot comics are srs bzns nowadays...

Pretty
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:49 pm

swicked wrote:
Tytan wrote:
I'm not sure what I'm looking at, here.

Sunbutt Discomom
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:54 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:swicked, you might enjoy this story.  Not sure, of course, but you might want to give it a try if you have time.
...why should I read a fanfic about Superman? o_O
Is it about him leaving Louise and finally admitting his KirkSpockian feelings for Batman?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:08 pm

I don't know. I'd say it was a stab in the dark, but I'm usually fairly accurate when I stab things in the dark.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:09 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:swicked, you might enjoy this story.  Not sure, of course, but you might want to give it a try if you have time.
...why should I read a fanfic about Superman? o_O
I thought that you might enjoy the deconstruction. If I misjudged, my apologies.

swicked wrote:...really? It's a shipfic? Does he know me at all?
I didn't misjudge that much, though. I definitely wouldn't call it a shipfic.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:24 pm

...I can?  Checking...
Edit: Huh. Somehow, I never noticed that before. To such a degree that I remember looking for it, not finding it, and concluding that we weren't allowed to disable PMs. Thanks!
What brought this up, though?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Ah, sorry...
I'm surprised you only just now noticed it, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:06 pm

...Yeah, it did seem to have some issues on that front. Thanks again for rendering it obsolete.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:55 pm

:)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:18 pm

swicked wrote:I didn't just now notice it.
Heck, I even PMed you once and you immediately informed me of your consternation at why I hadn't read your signature and emailed you like you had so clearly asked.
The funny thing is, I imagine it actually went something like, "I must inform you of my consternation as to why you've chosen not to email me......"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Tytan wrote:
I WILL TEACH YOU WHAT IT TRULY MEANS TO BE WORN BY CLOTHING, TWILIGHT SPARKLE

On an unrelated note, my laptop is either completely fried or the AC adapter is broken, one of the two. Either way, it won't give me any response and I don't have another cord to test it. So, yeah.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Reading a story called "A horse named Sunbutt"

Shame it doesn't update more often, it's really good
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:12 am

So, this new guy's not a moron, and frankly, it scares me. That sort of thing doesn't really happen nowadays.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:20 am

Maybe you had a son that you never knew about.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:24 am

Well, he's apparently older than me, so it'd have to have been that one time I got in an intense internet/AOL relationship with my Southern Uncle's neighbor who lives in the 90's.

Whiskey, by curiosity, how many teeth does your mom have?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:41 am

Mister Frost wrote:So, this new guy's not a moron, and frankly, it scares me. That sort of thing doesn't really happen nowadays.
Yeah, we hit critical insularity a while back. It's amazing that we get any new members at all, and with PH soon to be wrapped up I doubt we'll get many new visitors.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:34 am

In other news, Camel non-filters are, as it turns out, superior to damn near every filter brand out there--though it pains me to admit that Camel has a better product than Marlboro, as Crushes suck dick, generally speaking. Only downside is the lack of filter means, as it burns down, you're sucking in leaf bits when you inhale.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:14 am

If you're going filterless anyway Frost have you tried rolling your own cigaretttes? My dad's done that and it's apparently cheaper, don't smoke so I can't say if it's better or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:56 am

Double dang. Finally got a good run started on an endless mod for FTL (that seems to frontload the game's difficulty), but my computer's power died in the middle of it. Farewell, endless Mantis clone suicide attack squad transport barge. On the other hand, a good dang: finally got around to listening to Mayhem's new(est) album, and it's pretty good. Lot more straightforward than "Ordo ad Chao," but it's got some impressive songs. "Watcher" is the best so far, IMO.

@Christmas hats on avatars
Is this a thing? I just now noticed them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:03 am

I remember we were doing something like that here...or maybe that was other forum...
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:04 am

Mister Frost wrote:
swicked wrote:I didn't just now notice it.
Heck, I even PMed you once and you immediately informed me of your consternation at why I hadn't read your signature and emailed you like you had so clearly asked.
The funny thing is, I imagine it actually went something like, "I must inform you of my consternation as to why you've chosen not to email me......"

swicked wrote:That is pretty much exactly how it went, too. With that tone.
...That does rather sound like me, yes. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:52 am

Last wrote:If you're going filterless anyway Frost have you tried rolling your own cigaretttes? My dad's done that and it's apparently cheaper, don't smoke so I can't say if it's better or not.
That sounds a whole lot like work, though. I ain't about that shit, son, I'm in the Army.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next