Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
O. Hinds
Tytan
Scienza
Katarn
Kattlarv
brony all alone
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Vinylshadow
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
20 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:34 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Christmas hats on avatars
Is this a thing? I just now noticed them.
Yes.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:57 am

You're not obligated to join us in doing so though

*holds out christmas hats*

Katarn:

Couldn't get a hat to fit on Cobalt, so I used a wreath instead

Cobalt:

Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Started up Far Cry 3. I wanna mess around but Far Cry's version of GTA's cops are really annoying. I know I'm supposed to hunt the animals with the bow and use the syringes so they let me get closer, but the progression system making these particular tools less effective is frustrating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:56 pm

"Free-roam? Nonsense, have some Malaria..."
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:06 pm

@Vinyl
Thanks, but I've got an idea...

@Last
Been doing the same, only I decided to install a revamp mod (this one, specifically). Makes the grind really real, but also frees up a lot more inventory space and lets you change around guns more (mostly minor stuff but definitely gives you things to spend your obscene amounts of money on). Also, hunting animals with a bow is for suckers. Use an assault rifle, half a magazine to the face will take down a tiger. The desert eagle also works once you've bought one, though without an extended magazine you might get juked and then have to reload while being eaten by a bear. If it's an animal that runs away from you, use a sniper rifle to bop it before it notices you and starts doing the serpentine - might not even need to hit it in the head for a kill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Yeah, but when I use guns I can almost hear the MGS exclamation noise as pirates yell about investigating. Also I'm playing on the 360. Got the game for 4$ in a bargain bin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:46 pm

"The moment you find a Sniper Rifle that can fit a silencer, the strongholds might as well line up, bend over and timidly ask for it gentle" - Yahtzee
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:08 pm

@Last
TBH I always kinda like it when the pirates come because then you get to fight some pirates without bothering to worry about being stealthy for stealthiness rewards. For quieter wandering pirate patrol pacification, though, you can duck behind a tree or into some bushes when they come to investigate the shooting, and then do takedowns. Alternatively, slap a suppressor on an assault rifle (IIRC the FAMAS/F1 and MS16 can use it, both of which are available immediately, as can the SMGs) and hunt in the serene tranquility only video game suppressors can create. If your bullets don't fly past a pirate's ear, they probably won't come looking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:08 pm

Lacking those tools at the moment, I do have a surpressed Skorpion (What a waste of money) but it doesn't really do the job. It's cool the pirates come looking for you and all but I'm feeling a lack of freedom and it's strange given this is an open world game. I didn't have this problem with blood dragon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Man, where's BAA when you need him? Little weirdo was obsessed with that game. 

Really, though, after I got a sniper rifle with a suppressor and the ammo-scavenging perks, the game was pretty much a breeze combat-wise. The camera is actually really useful when it comes to strongholds, really.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:25 pm

At least there's options

Stealth vs LEEROY JENKINS

Or is it Rambo?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:30 pm

I just wanna fuck around, they gave me a gun and then punished me for shooting it. Blood Dragon is what made me want to play this game and while I'm not very far in this doesn't seem nearly as fun.

Animals just seem to exist to slow you down, I've got like ten pouches I can upgrade, but there's no choices it's all linear. To me it seems the only difference between this game and another saying "go here, collect that" is instead of saying it they're nudging you. Doing it to carry another gun is something I can accept but there's no way I'm gonna upgrade all these things.

And the level tree... At first I thought you could upgrade Shark all the way then work on Spider or Heron. But after I bought the first Syringe in Heron I noticed the next one didn't unlock. I'm suspecting you have to unlock all the low level upgrades in each tree for the next one to unlock. Maybe it says it unlocks another way and I missed it though. It appears at least there's not even a choice there.

Think I'll just try and breeze through the main missions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:33 pm

Play through the main game, then restart to dick around and try out the new stuff
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Personally, I found the story to be the most best part of the game. It was a shame they killed off Vaas so early in (Easily the best character of the entire franchise), but the game still had a surprisingly compelling narrative to it.

Didn't like the exploration aspect too much though. The game simply didn't offer any interesting sights to behold; Most of the time it felt like I was just running over the same grassy hill again and again. Even on Ultra high graphical settings it just felt lacking in atmosphere.

The lack of indoor formations and buildings didn't help matters much either. Most of the caves and ancient ruins that could be explored extended roughly five yards indoors and then just stopped. How dull is that?

And as mentioned before, character progression was pretty cut and dry. Nothing really noteworthy in that regard. Fortunately the gunplay was pretty good though. The flamethrower especially was a lot of fun to use.
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:12 pm

The vid is old as hell, but it made me lose my shit.

Fastest speedrun ever:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:36 pm

The real victims:

Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Mister Frost wrote:The real victims:

I call bullshit.

A 5.56 would just come out the back. The round would simply live out its days in the harsh sands of the Near East, remembering its moment of glory before vanishing completely, united as so many shinier grains.

Would you call that a fulfilling life? I wouldn't.

We should give these rounds a chance. Pit them against opponents that wear armour that could slow the round so it wouldn't fly out. Give your unfired rounds to the Chechens today. The fucking Spetsnaz will serve as a far better home.
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:11 pm

But the Spetsnaz will just dodge the bullets with their fucking ninja flips and shit. I mean, from what I've heard from the average rock-eater on the street who's even heard the name, you'd think they were fucking Agents as trained by Leonidas. What chance do mere Chechens have, even if the Chechnyan Mujahideen regularly faces Special Forces soldiers from around the world and gives them a hell of a run for their money?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Whiskey Rebellion wrote:I call bullshit.

A 5.56 would just come out the back. The round would simply live out its days in the harsh sands of the Near East, remembering its moment of glory before vanishing completely, united as so many shinier grains.

Would you call that a fulfilling life? I wouldn't.

We should give these rounds a chance. Pit them against opponents that wear armour that could slow the round so it wouldn't fly out. Give your unfired rounds to the Chechens today. The fucking Spetsnaz will serve as a far better home.
I know everyone on the forum has already harped on this, but every time you and Frost post consecutively, the more uncanny the resemblance becomes. Fucking Cylons...
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:23 pm

They were made for each other
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Mister Frost wrote:But the Spetsnaz will just dodge the bullets with their fucking ninja flips and shit. I mean, from what I've heard from the average rock-eater on the street who's even heard the name, you'd think they were fucking Agents as trained by Leonidas. What chance do mere Chechens have, even if the Chechnyan Mujahideen regularly faces Special Forces soldiers from around the world and gives them a hell of a run for their money?
The fucking Spetsnaz. The "fucking" is obligatory and mandatory.

According to my math, the Chechens are fucked. However, because the fucking Spetsnaz is composed of the souls of the damned come to pay penance for their sins, they are immortal. This means the bullets will have a home for eternity, nestled happily between a lung and a prostate. The fucking Spetsnaz fights so much that all that needs to be done is the relocation of rounds until every 5.56, .223 and 7.62 is jammed into a Russian zombie.

Scienza wrote:I know everyone on the forum has already harped on this, but every time you and Frost post consecutively, the more uncanny the resemblance becomes. Fucking Cylons...
I'm actually his long-lost, brown soulmate. We were forged in the fires of Asgard together by the mighty Mjolnir.
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Flips seem rather useless

Wouldn't they mess up your equilibrium? 

Then there's Samus...

Flippin' fo days
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:42 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Flips seem rather useless

Wouldn't they mess up your equilibrium? 

Then there's Samus...

Flippin' fo days
The gods give you bonus points for style.
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Bunch of gods sitting around a scrying bowl, taking bets on a fight

I could see that happening

"10 on the German"
"You're on; 15 on the French"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Whiskey Rebellion wrote:The fucking Spetsnaz. The "fucking" is obligatory and mandatory.

According to my math, the Chechens are fucked. However, because the fucking Spetsnaz is composed of the souls of the damned come to pay penance for their sins, they are immortal. This means the bullets will have a home for eternity, nestled happily between a lung and a prostate. The fucking Spetsnaz fights so much that all that needs to be done is the relocation of rounds until every 5.56, .223 and 7.62 is jammed into a Russian zombie.
You'd be surprised how feared the Chechnyan Mujahideen are by...everyone.

In any event, the (Fucking) Spetsnaz' immortality is canon. The only way to end them is for a Ranger to kill them and devour the damned souls.

This is well-documented. It is fact. It even appears in R-Bat recruitment vidyas.
Whiskey Rebellion wrote:
Scienza wrote:I know everyone on the forum has already harped on this, but every time you and Frost post consecutively, the more uncanny the resemblance becomes. Fucking Cylons...
I'm actually his long-lost, brown soulmate. We were forged in the fires of Asgard together by the mighty Mjolnir.
The fuck we are. You see my goddamn name? Jotunheim4lyfe, bitches.

Though the soulmate theory does excuse my derogatory remarks toward people of all colors with "It's okay, the other me is brown."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:55 pm

*refrains from making a certain remark*

So tempting...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Considering you seem to lack any sort of self-discipline or capacity for restraint, I can only presume that, by that, you mean you can't think of anything clever but want to be percieved as such.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:09 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Bunch of gods sitting around a scrying bowl, taking bets on a fight

I could see that happening

"10 on the German"
"You're on; 15 on the French"
The gods all have crippling gambling addictions. Confirmed.

Mister Frost wrote:1. You'd be surprised how feared the Chechnyan Mujahideen are by...everyone.

2. In any event, the (Fucking) Spetsnaz' immortality is canon. The only way to end them is for a Ranger to kill them and devour the damned souls.

This is well-documented. It is fact. It even appears in R-Bat recruitment vidyas.

1. No matter the size or density of your cojones, the overwhelming force of the entirety of Hell's army will smash you to crackly little pieces.

2. Oh, is that how it happens? I always thought that holy water was involved. The more you know.

Mister Frost wrote:The fuck we are. You see my goddamn name? Jotunheim4lyfe, bitches.

Though the soulmate theory does excuse my derogatory remarks toward people of all colors with "It's okay, the other me is brown."

That’s actually how the KKK isn’t prosecuted for hate crimes. They lug around a masochistic black guy to say how not-racist they are while they burn crosses and shit.
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Frost could be best friends with Halo 4:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Whiskey Rebellion wrote:
1. No matter the size or density of your cojones, the overwhelming force of the entirety of Hell's army will smash you to crackly little pieces.
2. Oh, is that how it happens? I always thought that holy water was involved. The more you know.
1. Well, that's what Guerilla warfare is for. Until the guys you're Guerilla-ing call fires in. Then you find out why Gorillas are endangered.
2. You're not far off. The Rangers' motto; "Rangers lead the way", is actually Old Bulvanian for "In the name of Ragnes, Lord of Wrathful Flame, thou art cast from your throne of Earth to the depths from whence thy ilk marched forth"
Whiskey Rebellion wrote:
That’s actually how the KKK isn’t prosecuted for hate crimes. They lug around a masochistic black guy to say how not-racist they are while they burn crosses and shit.
I always assumed it was because they're lead by "Great Dragons" and "Grand Imperial Wizards." District Attorney's like "Motherfucker, I get paid a third of what I'd make in a private practice. Y'all don't bring me in to get hexed and sacked and pillaged and shit. Fuck y'all." (The DA, ironically, is also black)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next